Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ditto for me. Edit: I don't think we need to be too worried, apparently it's on ALL the preorders and not just latecomers.

:siren: Ausgoons :siren:

Big W and Target have a PS5 page but no preorder option yet, so if you haven't snagged a preorder yet it might be worth watching their website.

Target is where videogames go to die I dont expect a console to be sold there unless it comes bundled with fortnight.

e: unexciting snipe. how about that console huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Thank you goons, got one on target.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so whats the buying a ps4 at k-mart physical retailer equivalent in 2020?

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Kohls.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I have a disc version preordered through Walmart and a digital I grabbed for pickup at Best Buy. I'm inclined to keep the digital preorder since I've bought about one disc game (Death Stranding) in the last 5 years.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

bluepoint a AAA dev now?

Lol, AAA.

Didn't you hear? AAAA is the next big thing, according to Ubisoft.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Preordered my disc version on bestbuy.ca. :canada: My aging base PS4 is basically collecting dust these days (though probably not as much as if I was actually using it, am I right?) since long load times and 30fps is a hard sell these days when I have so many games I can play on PC and Switch. Last thing I played was God of War a few months ago and before that, I think Resident Evil 7 last year. I'm looking at the PS5 as being both an upgrade to my PS4 and a new console for next-gen games, and from that perspective it's an easy buy for me. Demon's Souls doesn't hurt either.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/genepark/status/1306380787336523777?s=21

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Seems like good news on the walmart not cancelling front?

https://twitter.com/alexjkane/status/1306382920794492929

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Amazon Australia preorders went live for those who missed eb Games. They don't say it's physical but it's $749.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

mcbexx posted:

Lol, AAA.

Didn't you hear? AAAA is the next big thing, according to Ubisoft.
Is that a game that 100,000+ people worked on across five continents, or something like that?

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Gamestop has them up.

Digital https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-5/consoles/products/playstation-5-digital-edition/11108141.html
Physical https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-5/consoles/products/playstation-5/11108140.html

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
None of it matters, even if they are told they’ll get 500 units when only 200 show up there you go. It’s strange tho for online orders, websites are typically a third party entity that will coordinate with a local store, it’s not like they local target is actually managing the website, it’s just a database. As someone who spent months hunting for a regular switch I lost count the number of times stores would tell me this when I showed up because the website said they had stock when they didn’t. Im not sure how the website folds into distribution from Sony, but I figure something is better than nothing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Well, if it comes down to it I'm sure we won't have any issues pre ordering an Xbox.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

acksplode posted:

At least it's not yanking the PS5 out of my cart like Target did lol. Mashing checkout so hard rn

Don't worry, it is.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is that a game that 100,000+ people worked on across five continents, or something like that?

its a free 2 pay game with a sticker price of $80 and a season pass for $70 a year

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

so whats the buying a ps4 at k-mart physical retailer equivalent in 2020?

what does this mean?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Euphoriaphone posted:

what does this mean?

you could walk into k-mart and pick up a PS4 because nobody knew they had them or even remembered the store somehow still existed

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

In 10 years you'll be able to pick up a PS5 for like $50

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Euphoriaphone posted:

what does this mean?
My guess is it means retailers that don't take pre-orders and you can just line up on day one and I maybe get one. That's how I got my PS4.

Edit: Yeah, or just walk in a day or two later and get lucky.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Chrs posted:

In 10 years you'll be able to pick up a PS5 for like $50

Optimistic to think we won't be living in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome in 10 years and wearing blood crusted PS5s as body armor.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
There is one very large Target about 15 miles from me that is overall is in an oddly inconvenient location and they've usually had a hot item in their cases when all other locations were sold out.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Thank you for posting this - I was able to grab one. It took like 10 tries for my order to go through, but we got there.

Asclepius
Mar 20, 2011
Put down my 200 :australia:bucks with EB games. I have two weeks off work for my birthday around launch. Hopefully we will be moving out of lockdown and we get a midnight release.

e: And just in time, it seems. Presold out now.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
I got orders in at Walmart and Target and I don't trust that either one of them will hold. I still vividly remember the bullshit I went through trying to get an SNES Classic from these two; order confirmation emails and credit card holds don't mean poo poo.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Looks like Target pre-orders are sold out already

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Well gamestop is dead, long live dead gamestop

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Almost Smart posted:

I got orders in at Walmart and Target and I don't trust that either one of them will hold. I still vividly remember the bullshit I went through trying to get an SNES Classic from these two; order confirmation emails and credit card holds don't mean poo poo.
I have the same fear. How long was it before they told you your SNES Classic preorder didn't take?

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Best Buy's website is dead.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
So glad they couldn't wait until tomorrow and have a coordinated release time and have servers up to the loving task.
Why does everything have to be a loving bull rush anymore.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Is the white the only colorway available at launch?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

On Terra Firma posted:

Is the white the only colorway available at launch?
Yep.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
vicariously happy for everyone that managed to snag one

acksplode
May 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Don't worry, it is.

I think Best Buy is lying when it says your cart is empty, it keeps giving me that message alongside an error, but I still have a little 1 badge on the cart icon in the top right and I get a "1 per customer" prompt when I try to add another console. Keeping at it, Sekiro trained me for this

Edit: yup just refreshed and there it is

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I feel like the "starting tomorrow" stuff was just more of Sony's typical miscommunication surrounding the PS5. I got an actual email alert from Best Buy (Canada) telling me that pre-orders were starting. It doesn't seem to be some unauthorized broken street date thing, so I'm not concerned about them not holding it. At least not for that reason.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Australia sold out of launch PS4s

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

wrong thread

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

J-Spot posted:

I have the same fear. How long was it before they told you your SNES Classic preorder didn't take?

Like two loving weeks after I ordered it. Just poof, gone, better luck next time!

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Anyone getting the feeling Sony maybe rushed this a bit to get pre-orders out ahead of Microsoft? I mean smart thing to do but weird all these little mistakes like Demon Souls on pc and no news on pre-orders in the presentation then this strangely rushed on the fly process of pre-orders going live after they had said there would be plenty of warning. And the whole 'register with us to be first to be able to pre-order' thing that has fallen by the wayside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

So if you need help on Best Buy, add the preorder to the cart and you'll likely get failure messages and no access to the cart. Google "best buy cart" or go to https://www.bestbuy.com/cart to see if it was successfully added and checkout.