Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
https://i.imgur.com/xvNi1pa

Can't figure out how to embed in the thread without blowing up the proportions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
rebuttal: somewhere there is a good and not racist cop and we must find and protect them before it's too late

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Anyone complaining about modern sex songs should go read the Song of Solomon.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

cage-free egghead posted:

so your standard central democrat / repub.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

cage-free egghead posted:

It’s all tiresome boilerplate bullshit, but I did like, “Trump is doing a great job! Blame some other politician for the fact that everything sucks poo poo.”

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Elviscat posted:

The outrage over WAP takes on a new light when you consider Nikki Minaj has been doing filthier lyrics longer, and pretty recently, Arianna Grande had a song about getting hosed so hard that you walk weird, featuring lyrics like "wrist icicle, ride dick bicycle" during the Nikki cameo.

But Arianna's a white chick who puts on brown face, so that deflects the right wing pundit's takes, while showing their true colors, and being generally gross.

uh cardi B has always been filthy. like i said upthread i mostly agree with your take its about popularity + it infecting things they like mostly kardashian and kayne . if cardi didnt give everyone cameos givinging it hightened popularity or didnt invite a kardashian into it no right wing person would care about the song.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Sometimes quote IS edit

I should know better than to post during a moment of 3am insomnia. As dangerous as drunk posting. gently caress.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Hihohe posted:

Actually reading about history has taught me that there was never a time when humans wernt wacky horny little apes. Its just in older times the only people being written history about were rich people or royalty and they basically said ,"make me look good or youre dead." to the writers.
now history is being written by everyone with a phone or computer and the mask has come off

Then you read Suetonius and Procopius and see history that excludes not a single gently caress. Like, what you really need from history is for a historian to hate somebody's guts. There's a lot of this throughout Western history, if the right sources survive. This is especially popular when Dynasty B succeeds Dynasty A and wants to make sure everybody knows what slime they were and why the takeover was totally necessary.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Taeke posted:

Wait, I've got LeGuin's books lying ready for when I get time to read again (soon), but I didn't want to watch the Ghibli movie for fear of spoilers.

Can I watch it anyway without spoiling the novels? Like it's just the same setting but an entirely disconnected story or something?

Soysaucebeast posted:

I haven't read the book or watched the Ghibli movie, but according to Daniel Green it basically has characters with the same names, and nothing else is similiar. Ursula was pissed about how bad of an "adaptation" it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6akqmZmzTk

This. It has a great Sparrowhawk and some really nice animation but the plot is bog-standard Daaaark Loooord stuff which the books ain't.

It's also up there with Mortal Engines for dialling down the heroine's facial scars when they're supposed to be life-changingly horrific.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/moxdonalds/status/1306193788923252736

"You made me do this"

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/_MAArgentino/status/1306213415753572358

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

waits its all been because of projection?

always has been

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

there were so many people saying that on sa right after Trump got elected, I guess they got super embarrassed and stopped

one of these days I'm gonna get archives and snag some good posts from election night. there was a pretty good one where I said Trump voters were stupid and some goober replied and said something along the lines of "now that he won you can't make fun of us anymore" with that emoticon of the dude smashing a smiley with a hammer that says gently caress off that I can't find now

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

hawowanlawow posted:

there were so many people saying that on sa right after Trump got elected, I guess they got super embarrassed and stopped

one of these days I'm gonna get archives and snag some good posts from election night. there was a pretty good one where I said Trump voters were stupid and some goober replied and said something along the lines of "now that he won you can't make fun of us anymore" with that emoticon of the dude smashing a smiley with a hammer that says gently caress off that I can't find now

Astonishingly, it's :fuckoff:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

just as I suspected

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

People say things all the time around election time. Dozens of celebrities were going to leave the United States if/when trump won. You can’t hold people accountable for things they say.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
We currently can't leave the country because almost no other country will let us in because we can't contain COVID, I highly doubt that situation will change anytime soon if Trump is re-elected.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Man i still want to leave, Theres no sign that its gonna get better here. Unfortunately the USA makes it hard to make enough money to get comfortable enough to emigrate

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Hihohe posted:

Man i still want to leave, Theres no sign that its gonna get better here. Unfortunately the USA makes it hard to make enough money to get comfortable enough to emigrate

Wait till you find out what the countries you want to go to require to immigrate :(

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Wait till you find out what the countries you want to go to require to immigrate :(
Yup. Disabled and old, not a prayer anybody would accept me. I just want my queer (adult) children out ASAP.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/dhookstead/status/1306215784348180481

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Captain Monkey posted:

Anyone complaining about modern sex songs should go read the Song of Solomon.

*Ben Shapiro voice* “‘Your breasts are like twin gazelles?’ What does that mean? Ah, if they were like twin gazelles, that would, logically mean, ah, they come come off and run around. I asked my wife, who is a doctor, and she said that that happening would be extremely painful, and would likely result in massive bleeding.”

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It’s all tiresome boilerplate bullshit, but I did like, “Trump is doing a great job! Blame some other politician for the fact that everything sucks poo poo.”
If local legislation has the power to completely overrule the president on everything that matters, to the point they can prevent even our Perfect God-King Trump's efforts, then I guess we don't need the Electoral College after all, right? They're always saying we need it to shield the small communities and rural states from a "coastal elite" style president, but if the president's influence is completely blocked by more local government, there's no need, yeah?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

A 99-year old veteran who tripped over his best friend's small intestine on Omaha Beach raises a shaky salute, tears welling in his eyes. "Thank you for saving football, sir. God bless you."

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sending young people to their death from the safety of his office, yeah that rings about right.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/joycenana10/status/1306321650003128320?s=21

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

He's doubling down.

https://twitter.com/dhookstead/status/1306304864738213895?s=20

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

The Idiots on Social Media Thread posted:

It seems like it's always a bad sign when a quote is attributed to only a piece of media, not a specific character or maybe an author.

e: context

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
That speech from Band of Brothers, specifically, is from a polite nazi general and was originally in german

here's another scene from Band of Brothers, from one of the characters I identify with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZsuCAgUlSU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I for one really appreciate the comparison between sending a bunch of poorly compensated young men to what might be their deaths on a big field, and the Normandy landings.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

“Good-morning, good-morning!” the General said
When we met him last week on our way to the line.
Now the soldiers he smiled at are most of 'em dead,
And we're cursing his staff for incompetent swine.
“He's a cheery old card,” grunted Harry to Jack
As they slogged up to Arras with rifle and pack.

But he did for them both by his plan of attack.

— Siegfried Sassoon

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Still works because the lion would just kill all the sheep

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

POOYWONMORM

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Vib Rib posted:

If local legislation has the power to completely overrule the president on everything that matters, to the point they can prevent even our Perfect God-King Trump's efforts, then I guess we don't need the Electoral College after all, right? They're always saying we need it to shield the small communities and rural states from a "coastal elite" style president, but if the president's influence is completely blocked by more local government, there's no need, yeah?

I don’t think we need the Electoral College, anyway, so I’m on board.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I don’t think we need the Electoral College, anyway, so I’m on board.
I agree. The reason most conservatives say we need is it that the small and rural right-leaning communities would get choked out by big city votes, but if federal influence can be completely insulated to the point that it doesn't matter, who cares? Those communities will elect their own leaders and not deal with anything from Washington.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

chitoryu12 posted:

Or.. the farmer with a gun will see the lion and shoot it. thus protecting the sheep. AGC

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

chitoryu12 posted:

It's an adrenaline rush, like skydiving

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Does this count? I feel like it should count.

https://twitter.com/LesbianLaMaupin/status/1306269351411167233

(Tweeter not the idiot, obviously.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

ultrafilter posted:

Does this count? I feel like it should count.

https://twitter.com/LesbianLaMaupin/status/1306269351411167233

(Tweeter not the idiot, obviously.)

What’s dumb about not wanting someone to accidentally make a baby in space which is probably the most unsafe place I can imagine to have an unexpected baby?

Because that’s clearly the intent behind the idea rather than “there’s no way these women would have sex with each other in space, what’s a lesbian?”