Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Big Bidness posted:

Not that The Sinking City itself was a great game, but it’s a cautionary tale about getting an all digital console for me. Because of a lawsuit, you cannot download The Sinking City, even if you purchased it before. If you deleted it to make space on your hd, or your hd failed and you installed a new one- you’re outta luck.

Next time it might be a game lots of people care about. And I’m sure there’s people that played The Sinking City and loved it. God knows I love some trash games. But if they didn’t keep it on their console, or don’t own the disc, they’re SOL.

That's fair, but that's an incredibly rare situation to have happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

best buy shopping cart making GBS threads the bed for me

this is silly i'm an adult with disposable income just let me buy the stupid toy without hassle

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

In Aus, looks like preordering at EB Games no longer guarantees a console until 2021. My preorder doesnt gaurantee me a console at launch so oop. we'll see how that goes.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Looking over that list of upgrade games, the truth is that 90% of the games that I've really enjoyed on the PS4 don't have the kind of graphics it would benefit from that kind of graphics update anyway. They would, however, benefit from haptic feedback and 3D sound, but I have a feeling that those are all going to be a package deal and no game is going to be considered for a PS5 upgrade unless it's primarily about graphics.

I hope I'm wrong but it seems unlikely.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
If I had my druthers in order I would wait until holiday 2021 to get a PS5 because that's around when Horizon/RE8 will be available and it really doesn't look like any other exclusive is worth owning a PS5 until then (I'm not a FROM guy). And there's zero chance Ragnarok is actually coming out in 2021.

But I don't have my druthers in order so my pre-order is already in.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I can't think of many games that got unpersoned this generation. P.T., Sinking City, the Danganronpas are temporarily ethered until Spike Chunsoft re-publishes them under their brand name, I'm sure I'm missing some but ???

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Personally I own 1 ps4 game physically, Sekiro which I found cheaper in store than on PSN. I’ve used physical a couple of times to borrow stuff.

Theoretically I don’t think $100 is worth it for the chance to use discs, Where I live you can’t easily resell and buy used either.

Plus these systems all will end up with a Pro version in a couple of years anyway

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

I can't believe they went out this fast on Amazon. I waited a week to preorder the PS4 and still got it day one.

Hmmm I wonder why people are more apt to buy online now :thunk:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I just got my Sony pre-order lottery confirmation. Seems like these are going out in waves.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

bradzilla posted:

Hmmm I wonder why people are more apt to buy online now :thunk:

covid

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

HDR Demon's Souls remaster with ray-tracing, on the PS5

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

MechaSeinfeld posted:

In Aus, looks like preordering at EB Games no longer guarantees a console until 2021. My preorder doesnt gaurantee me a console at launch so oop. we'll see how that goes.

This staged thing is how they did it last time and I managed to get bumped up a stage or two due to cancellations, don't give up, skeleton!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

doctorthefonz posted:

HDR Demon's Souls remaster with ray-tracing, on the PS5
Yeah that's definitely an unexpected exception to what I was saying before.

But of course, I haven't played that game on the PS4 either.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Policenaut posted:

I can't think of many games that got unpersoned this generation. P.T., Sinking City, the Danganronpas are temporarily ethered until Spike Chunsoft re-publishes them under their brand name, I'm sure I'm missing some but ???

Not this generation, I think Too Human was a similar situation to The Sinking City.

The Ultimate Alliance remasters had their license expire, but you can still download them whenever you like if you bought them. It's very rare, but it does happen.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Checkout still hosed.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Personally I own 1 ps4 game physically, Sekiro which I found cheaper in store than on PSN. I’ve used physical a couple of times to borrow stuff.

Theoretically I don’t think $100 is worth it for the chance to use discs, Where I live you can’t easily resell and buy used either.

Plus these systems all will end up with a Pro version in a couple of years anyway

I got BB for $20 long before it ever went that low regularly or on PSN. same with DS3 (which is still $60, I think, to this day) and some other games.

I'm also probably getting rid of the PS4 after, so it makes sense to be the replacement movie player

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harlock posted:

I just got my Sony pre-order lottery confirmation. Seems like these are going out in waves.

How does this work? Could you sell your spot to someone? :P

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

el oso posted:

If I had my druthers in order I would wait until holiday 2021 to get a PS5 because that's around when Horizon/RE8 will be available and it really doesn't look like any other exclusive is worth owning a PS5 until then (I'm not a FROM guy). And there's zero chance Ragnarok is actually coming out in 2021.

But I don't have my druthers in order so my pre-order is already in.

Do you have a decent PC? Because if not do you not care about Cyberpunk 2077 either?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm watching a lets play of Demon Souls and so far the first boss looks like a joke by modern Souls standards lol. Its coool seeing the genre evolve from Vanguard to things like Nameless King. I'm sure later bosses are harder in Demons Souls, its just an observation

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I said come in! posted:

How does this work? Could you sell your spot to someone? :P
It's tied to your PSN ID.

"*If URL is shared with others and they attempt to use it, you may be locked out of the order system."

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I can't wait to see how many PS5s get stolen by Amazon drivers on shipping day. It's bound to happen

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

eonwe posted:

I'm watching a lets play of Demon Souls and so far the first boss looks like a joke by modern Souls standards lol. Its coool seeing the genre evolve from Vanguard to things like Nameless King. I'm sure later bosses are harder in Demons Souls, its just an observation

you will enjoy maneater, and flamelurker

you will know.... pain

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
oh yeah, storm king! adjudicator!

i wonder how the modern crowd is gonna react to world tendency/character tendency loll

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Unless he's played the other dark souls games, then na he'll know exactly what to expect

Except for world tendency of course, man that was a weird and dumb system I hope they get rid of it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harlock posted:

It's tied to your PSN ID.

"*If URL is shared with others and they attempt to use it, you may be locked out of the order system."

So like the best you could do really is just offer to buy the system for a friend or something (assuming you dont want to pre-order afterall). They paypal you the money, you buy it and have it shipped to their address.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

screamin and creamin posted:

Checkout still hosed.

20 min hitting the purchase button then the page blanks out and dumps me back to the main BB page

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Scrotum Modem posted:

I can't wait to see how many PS5s get stolen by Amazon drivers on shipping day. It's bound to happen

They don't know what they are delivering, and Amazon dropped their use of contract drivers from 3rd party. So probably no reason to feel unsafe about this, but it is still always a possibility.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yeah I don't see how that would be any different from all of the high ticket items they already deliver on a daily basis. there's a lot of popular goods and electornics that are $500 or more that are bought every single day

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

I said come in! posted:

Amazon sold so quickly that it broke its catalog page and now its deleted.

“Meet the doggos of Amazon” page is like a 500, not a 404 right?

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

KingSlime posted:

world tendency of course, man that was a weird and dumb system I hope they get rid of it

I am super curious how they implement it, not even sure I understood how it worked back in the day tbh

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
This will be the first Playstation I get at launch.

PS4 came out in November 2013. I didn't end up getting it until June 2015 when Batman Arkham Knight came out. So I waited a year and a half and didn't even get a discount on the hardware. And even if I waited it out... 2 years for it to drop $50. Just made me wish I got the thing Day 1

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah I'm super curious if Tendency is even gonna come back. Hey guys remember Cling Ring? "Yeah you just lose 50% of your health after you die but if you wear this fuckin thing you only lose 25!"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just saw an explanation of the tendency system in demons souls

jesus christ lmao

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I will download the digital PS5

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Demon souls was so obtuse even for a souls game it was crazy. I think the fact that they had the levels meant they could get away with a lot of this stuff (Dark souls on being a bit more open meant you could finish an entire game and miss loads of stuff)

I remember beating DeS up to like NG++ because there was so much permanently missable stuff that you just had to go back and try again for

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Yeah I'm super curious if Tendency is even gonna come back. Hey guys remember Cling Ring? "Yeah you just lose 50% of your health after you die but if you wear this fuckin thing you only lose 25!"

So many hours with that fuckin thing equipped

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
For a while they set the tendency system to change on certain dates, like all black for the week of halloween, so in that way it was interesting because the game played slightly different and different items and areas could open up.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Yeah EB had launch preorders from 8am, by 9 they had sold out (some 75k units) and shortly after JB also sold out. The hype is real.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm probably going to pick up a cheap-ish 4k TV as well. The only TV I have is like a 6 or 7 year old 1080p TV lmao. I'm going to end up getting a lower end 4k TV, but that's plenty for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
It feels a little reckless to get this on launch when my backlog is a mile long and I literally have like four other gaming consoles in my apartment. But I resisted buying a PS4 pro so I feel like indulging now is perfectly fine.

Especially at $400. Man.