Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Ryan North and Albert Monteys have done a comic book adaptation of Slaughterhouse Five

Oh my god I need this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It just came out today.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It just came out today.

Sometimes 2020 gives a little break.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Sometimes 2020 gives a little break.

Yeah, like Bane gave to Batman

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Copperhead #4

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

InsertPotPun posted:

also if you knew the joker go after the diamond maybe don't lend it?

Maybe Batman just wants an excuse to hit the Joker.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Blue Beetle #8 (1941)

Journey into Mystery #20 (1954)

Ghostly Tales from the Haunted House #87 (1971)

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, Deluxe Edition #4 (1986)

Saban's Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #3 (1995)

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Darthemed posted:

Saban's Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #3 (1995)

Blue ranger looks like he needs to re-up his AARP membership

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Blue ranger looks like he needs to re-up his AARP membership

For some reason the artist was sent photos of Phil Hartman as reference material.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That's what David Yost looks like

(i did not have to look up david yost's name)

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Sep 17, 2020

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Splint Chesthair posted:

For some reason the artist was sent photos of Phil Hartman as reference material.

The blue ranger was conservatively 47 at the time the show was airing

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He is also gay and people behind the scenes were completely brutal to him about it. He did not have a good time on the show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's kind of a downer, so here's this:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Source?

(The line art and the So It Goes make me think that Slaughterhouse-Five book, but nothing else does.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yes, it is Slaughterhouse Five.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Yes, it is Slaughterhouse Five.

Hmmm, don't remember Jesus in it. It's been a while!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

He is also gay and people behind the scenes were completely brutal to him about it. He did not have a good time on the show.

quote:

Yost moved to California with hopes of becoming an actor,[citation needed] and won the part of Billy Cranston (Blue Power Ranger) in the television series Mighty Morphin Power Rangers three months after arriving. He starred in almost 200 episodes of the show's first four seasons. He was the only cast member to appear in every single episode of the original series; his character never changed his colors or passed on his power coins to successors like the rest of the original cast.[citation needed] Yost's most high-profile work was his appearance in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (1995),[1] which took in over $60 million at the box office. The film served as a non-canonical alternate opening for the third season.

After the show ended and Power Rangers Zeo began in the fourth season, Yost stayed on as Billy, but Billy's role within the show changed. Instead of his previous role as a Power Ranger, he became a technical advisor to the others. When asked about the change in a 2010 interview, Yost was evasive about how he'd personally felt about this but said he understood why the production team did it; he stated that Haim Saban was interested in the cast turnover of Super Sentai and believes that this was part of it.[2] Yost left the show toward the end of the Power Rangers Zeo season. His character's final episode employed footage from previous episodes and voice work from an uncredited actor to conceal the fact that Yost was not present during the taping.[citation needed] A tribute to his character was seen in the closing credits of this episode.

While it was originally believed that he had left the series due to insufficient pay, Yost later revealed in a 2010 interview that he left because he could no longer handle harassment by members of the production crew who targeted him over his sexual orientation. According to Yost, he was often called a "human being", and the producers frequently questioned other cast members in private about his sexuality. Yost left late in the fourth season after a week of contemplation and thoughts of suicide instead of continuing work another six months into the second film. He stated that the co-workers involved with writing, filming, and producing the show considered him "not worthy" to be where he was and that he "could not be a superhero" because of his homosexuality.[3][4]

Scott Page-Pagter, a producer of the show starting with Power Rangers Zeo,[5] responded through TMZ that Yost actually left over a pay bonus being dropped but did not elaborate further or dispute any of Yost's claims about the outside reasons for leaving the show. Saban Entertainment made no official statement regarding the subject.[6] After Yost left the show, he attempted to change his sexual orientation with conversion therapy for two years. Eventually, he had a nervous breakdown that resulted in his psychiatric hospitalization for five weeks. After he checked out, he moved to Mexico for a year and eventually accepted his sexuality.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Yost

TLDR: he became the longest-running power ranger even though the show was run by homophobes, and they ended his run by doing a textbook Poochie move. He seems to be doing OK now.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That poor dude.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

And supposedly each Ranger was offered a million dollars to do the movie, but Saban squashed that because he thought they wouldn’t come back to the show after making that much money.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Billionaire Island #3

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Green Lantern #1 (1941)

Superboy #47 (1956)

The Defenders #4 (1973)

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons #11 (1989)

Skrull Kill Krew #3 (1995)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I always love the trope of spellcasters calling out the spell name + level when casting it.

Its like announcing your special attack, but somehow dumber :allears:

"Fireball! Tier 3!"
"Dear god he's casting tier 3 spells without components!"

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Infinitum posted:

I always love the trope of spellcasters calling out the spell name + level when casting it.

Its like announcing your special attack, but somehow dumber :allears:

"Fireball! Tier 3!"
"Dear god he's casting tier 3 spells without components!"

Is there a good way to visually depict a “charm person” gaze versus a “charm monster” gaze?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Don't blame me, I voted for Skull Kill Krew.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

TheCenturion posted:

Is there a good way to visually depict a “charm person” gaze versus a “charm monster” gaze?
yeah you have it charm a person instead of a monster.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ghostlight posted:

yeah you have it charm a person instead of a monster.

I don't get it, I used my monster charm spell on that guy by accident and it worked...?! I guess he's a monster.
Deep down, maybe we all are. Maybe there is no actual difference between the two spells after all.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Lobok posted:

I don't get it, I used my monster charm spell on that guy by accident and it worked...?! I guess he's a monster.
Deep down, maybe we all are. Maybe there is no actual difference between the two spells after all.

He's a centaur, which is a monstrous humaniod. Charm person only works on humaniods.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

it's a centaur. pronouns are for persons.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I use gendered pronouns for my dog and I would definitely use them for my dog if he could talk and fire a bow and grow a lush beard and everything else a centaur can do.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
What makes a man? Is it being at least half a man coming out of half a horse? Or the nature of their very soul?...

Still less confusing than the discovery a Displacer Beast does not count as a magical beast anymore.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Section Z posted:

What makes a man? Is it being at least half a man coming out of half a horse? Or the nature of their very soul?...

This brings to mind the 4D centaur that has disturbed me:

https://twitter.com/JayRock5858/status/1292667377633566720?s=20

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Uthor posted:

This brings to mind the 4D centaur that has disturbed me:

https://twitter.com/JayRock5858/status/1292667377633566720?s=20

I absolutely love that concept. And now I want to trawl the replies seeing if anyone addressed the issue of how you feed a baby whose head may not be in the same plane of reference as its food.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Oglaf had a very good and funny centaur comic but it was extremely nsfw.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Toshimo posted:

Oglaf had a very good and funny centaur comic but it was extremely nsfw.

Link?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I'm guessing it's :nws:this one.:nws:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Google oglaf heterogeneous

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Section Z posted:

Still less confusing than the discovery a Displacer Beast does not count as a magical beast anymore.
In R.A. Lafferty's Past Master, St. Thomas More is brought forward in time to a planet that humanity has colonized, and meets an alien that sort of resembles a sea lion. Since it's conscious and and capable of speech and moral decisions, he has no trouble at all recognizing it as human.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keromaru5 posted:

In R.A. Lafferty's Past Master, St. Thomas More is brought forward in time to a planet that humanity has colonized, and meets an alien that sort of resembles a sea lion. Since it's conscious and and capable of speech and moral decisions, he has no trouble at all recognizing it as human.

And then he F#%&$ it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rhyno posted:

And then he F#%&$ it.

Alright, who let out Piers Anthony?