Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Rip the millionaire storyline, hello "neets boss is a molester" storyline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lmao oh no

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Sister Make posted:

So, uh...
The millionaire branch is actually on indefinite hold, and has been for almost five years, so I wouldn't hold my breath for more of that story from the author. I guess it continues however you'd like to imagine.
I'll continue with another lottery ticket in a separate post.

this is perfect for this comic :discourse:

okay so we've reached the end of, what, two branches now?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sister Make posted:

So, uh...
The millionaire branch is actually on indefinite hold, and has been for almost five years, so I wouldn't hold my breath for more of that story from the author. I guess it continues however you'd like to imagine.

Huh, guess he wrote himself into a corner and didn't really know where to take it from there. Oh well.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

HardDiskD posted:

Three: Stay a NEET, let Oda make a manga about NEET's crimes (with four endings), and now Millionaire if the author never gets back to it.

dirby fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Sep 16, 2020

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I hope Tohru is so impressed by the $10 that he still quits his job

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

HardDiskD posted:

um

well

the thing is

uhhhhhh

yeah, two branches.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Sister make give is a big update and I will donate another couple hundred to RAINN.

I will do it anyway but I am using my guilt on you. :hai: please power through the pages to the same time!

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HardDiskD posted:

I still think the creator should have at least created a half assed ending. NEET goes back to wherever he bought the ticket and gets his win confirmed. He walks out with a receipt that confirms that the two mill will be transferred to his account in a couple of days and BAM, hit by a buss. The last scene shows us his parents living it large with their sudden windfall.
Then again, we already know the creator is a total NEET and just giving up because something is hard is their way.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Lodin posted:

I still think the creator should have at least created a half assed ending. NEET goes back to wherever he bought the ticket and gets his win confirmed. He walks out with a receipt that confirms that the two mill will be transferred to his account in a couple of days and BAM, hit by a buss. The last scene shows us his parents living it large with their sudden windfall.
Then again, we already know the creator is a total NEET and just giving up because something is hard is their way.

I think he could do an ending where he takes the money, puts it in the bank, and lives a peaceful life off the interest. The end. I know NEET is about the intricate details of his daily life, but it's better than nothing imo.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Lodin posted:

pretty sure his parents aren't even going to be living small in that scenario

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SniperWoreConverse posted:

pretty sure his parents aren't even going to be living small in that scenario

:neet:

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

I feel called out by these panels.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

dirby posted:

Three: Stay a NEET, let Oda make a manga about NEET's crimes (with four endings), and now Millionaire if the author never gets back to it.

Thanks! I had forgotten about the Stay a NEET option.

Lodin posted:

Yeah, agreed. But we don't know if the author wanted to do something with this branch, didn't have any idea on what to do, but then just forgot about it.

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Sep 16, 2020

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

double post

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

So just so I'm following things, the was a branch with the numbers he picked and now we're going down one of the "didn't win the jackpot" ones. Correct?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
yeah the winning branch never got finished so it's a losing branch. Loserish branch.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Warbird posted:

the was a branch with the numbers he picked
Just to be clear, the winning numbers didn't change. But there was a branch where he picked the winners and now we're going down a branch where he didn't.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

This is probably a record at getting burnt out from game testing.

I feel you NEET. I spent way to long on the Conan Exiles alpha and didn't even get payed beyond a free copy of the game and some gift cards.

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
What are you doing mopping the loving floor with $4 million in your pocket Tohru you moron

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Devils Affricate posted:

What are you doing mopping the loving floor with $4 million in your pocket Tohru you moron

he's not, this is the timeline where he doesn't win the lottery

the "won the lottery" timeline is on five year hiatus so far

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Much like the goons in this thread, he's just ruminating on what Tohru might do with millions.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

he's not, this is the timeline where he doesn't win the lottery

the "won the lottery" timeline is on five year hiatus so far

Oh, gotcha. I thought maybe there were a couple panels left before the hiatus hit. All those calculations and planning made he's doing me think this was still the timeline where he won the money. But I guess

dirby posted:

Much like the goons in this thread, he's just ruminating on what Tohru might do with millions.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I decided to go to the future and download the last page of the millionaire timeline after it was finished. My translation skills are pretty spotty so it might not be perfect, but I hope you all enjoy the conclusion

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Sister Make posted:

So, uh...

haaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

luxury condos cost money that checks out

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
drat, finding a dropped ¥500 coin is some good luck.

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
We Kaiji now

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Is this the first time we've had NEET ~in color~?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

RoeCocoa posted:

Nah quite a lot of panels have had red in them, usually to highlight moments

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

RoeCocoa posted:

I thought there was more, but it might be just these:

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Wooh
hos⋮

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup