Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah a bunch of them were spamming heart and beer emojis to meet our HONKs, it was a beautiful expression of friendship. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halt!
Oct 11, 2008

Yeah it turns out Google Translate unfortunately isn't the best translator, who knew! It was a cute thought while it lasted though.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Radio Free Kobold posted:

pubbies: oh no i lost my ship i need to go rat up a new one :qq:
:honk:: this ship was made 20 minutes ago and given to me for free. i was not expected to return with it intact.

Twelve hours of cooking and distributing free Omens so that people didn't have to welp their T6 ships, reminding everyone not to bring anything they don't want to lose, and the enemy fleet drives themselves into ruination at a gatecamp 45 minutes before the citadel even comes out of its reinforcement timer.

Their FC didn't even sort by name or properly call any targets.

This was so funny.

I'm so glad they streamed themselves.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I too would like a tag! :haw:

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Tag me gently please. Thanks in advance.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I honestly wouldn't have even been mad if you all thunderdomed at the sun after the fleet

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Look at dat fukken tag :shobon:

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
tag me bro

Reindeer Flotilla
Mar 14, 2006

I RAN "COMEDY" THROUGH GOOGLE AND THIS IS ALL I GOT! ZULUZULUZULU!

Tag please!

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005
I would like a tag please.

Ch4ot1cEv17
Sep 16, 2019

Tag my body!!! Turn it into a masterpiece!

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009
I too would like a tag.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Definitely need a tag after tonight.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

I may have missed the fleet but hit me with that tag

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Please!

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Go RV! posted:

"it wasnt a fair fight, we got streamsniped"

how much you want to bet they don't learn a goddamn thing next time

(gimme that badass gangtag)

I liked that someone in local even tried to tell him "don't stream your fleet, idiot"

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
And yeah, tonight was...quite special. It was the first time we truly deployed with the full force of geese for the purposes of shooting people. We ended up not being able to because the opposition was so incompetent that our allies were more or less fine on their own, but we both got some practice in during the mining op defense beforehand and hunting down a few stragglers.

The gooseflock fully deployed as a thing of majesty.

And then, later on, we got to put a few thru the uprights as we helped the citadel through its shield repair timer.

All in all I was real happy to see so many geese turn out tonight; I'm glad I had a chance to make it myself. I wish we'd had more to shoot but it was still a great time and we got a ton of folks in highly replaceable ships.

And our allies in VVV clearly appreciated us showing up and our honks. :unsmith:

Echoes has been a great time so far and I can't wait to see what we get up to next.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Hook me up with dat tag!

DRWN
Aug 29, 2020

Slap this newbie with tag please!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

Echoes has been a great time so far and I can't wait to see what we get up to next.

I wanna echo all of this post but especially this. I've had a blast with y'all so far, and I'm glad I've been able to help get people in ships so they can have fun.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

https://clips.twitch.tv/TubularAthleticMilkDatSheffy

https://clips.twitch.tv/ExcitedPolishedChamoisWutFace

https://clips.twitch.tv/DaintyArborealPelicanFUNgineer

A few more clips

Tulips
Dec 27, 2011

Duck Hunt!

Tag please - Shovel Head

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

Eox posted:

The tag has been uploaded, post your requests and I'll start queuing them up

I wish I could have made it tonight, contented myself with reading occasional updates on discord.

If you’ve been on the fence about this game- join now. It’s got the magic that early eve/goonfleet had. We even have a big bad rear end foreign alliance that we can barely communicate with to hold our hands like RED did in the early days.

(Tag me too please!)

k-spar fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Sep 18, 2020

Tenbux Tincan
Dec 22, 2004

Honk!
I would also like a tag please.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Tag me please.

Ise
Nov 7, 2019

Tag please! H0NK!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Is this where we're getting the sweet GooseFleet tags?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

k-spar posted:

If you’ve been on the fence about this game- join now. It’s got the magic that early eve/goonfleet had. We even have a big bad rear end foreign alliance that we can barely communicate with to hold our hands like RED did in the early days.

Wait, we do, who?

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Tag me please, below Finesparks!

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

I need that tag in my life.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

feedmegin posted:

Wait, we do, who?

VVV, now, although I would definitely say that the relationship between us and 3V is a lot more equal than the early GF/RED relationship (everyone's on equal footing skillwise, for starters).

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

red/gs was way different than this, they brought out a ton of trainers with for quick insurance reimbursements and we had a fleet of omens, both viable and cool and good. its not like we were all in rifters and they had dreads

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Please tag me as the silly goose that I am.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

esto es malo posted:

red/gs was way different than this, they brought out a ton of trainers with for quick insurance reimbursements and we had a fleet of omens, both viable and cool and good. its not like we were all in rifters and they had dreads

The "using trainers and can-yues because we uniquely have a space station in this system and can thus instantaneously reimburse lost hulls and re-equip in seconds to get back out there and bury our opponent in ships" strat was brilliant, as a side note. That's some seriously great strategy for this stage of the game and would've made that Astrahaus assault even more of a meat grinder for the attackers than it was to start with. Anyone who wants to take out VVV's home sweet home is going to have to bring an extremely dedicated fleet, with backup available, to do it.

But yeah VVV and us are definitely on equal footing. We ourselves would plop down a space groverhaus but Taisy is just too ridiculously convenient to basically all of Tribute to even bother right now.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

SpaceDrake posted:

But yeah VVV and us are definitely on equal footing. We ourselves would plop down a space groverhaus but Taisy is just too ridiculously convenient to basically all of Tribute to even bother right now.

I still maintain that if we do get a citadel and want to enrage pubbies we should put it in the IPAY-2 system and name the citadel “WIN”. A ton of mobile games are pay to win and people start frothing at the mouth about it but maybe that’s just too easy. That system as far as I know has no strategic value so placing a citadel there would just be to make a meme and enrage pubbies.

VVV actually picked a perfect system for a citadel. It’s a dead end -0.9 system that has extremely high value PI planets and the asteroid belts there make mining very lucrative.

Dox023 fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Sep 18, 2020

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

bee tee doubles: if you join right now, you'll still get the 200k bonus for the end-of-first-month celebration. when you combine this with the 500k you get in the "join a corp" quest, this is enough to immediately take you to Tech 5.

So right now is a pretty good time to sign up.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

everyone is tagged but me :smith:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
it's...glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity: