Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

pseudorandom posted:

I mostly play "normal" HC MP modes like TDM, Domination, etc, and occasionally WZ if I've got friends on and feel like being the worst player.

I want to practice and experiment with different load outs to see what works better for me in WZ, however I don't want to put in that much time. Are there any other game modes that would have similar armor, TTK, and encounter ranges as WZ, but with faster access to load outs?

Plunder (a wz mode) has the same health/armor system but you spawn with loadouts and respawn when you die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Fart Car '97 posted:

Removing the big mags would be there be the best thing they could do for warzone imo

It's insane how accurate this is. Imagine not being able to wipe an entire team as a solo, would make team play so much more important.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
:frogsiren: Just won a Battle Royale with a bud for the first time ever :frogsiren:

As a duo.

Hella stoked. I took a screenshot of it but I can't find where screenshots are saved. Does anyone know?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

lite_sleepr posted:

:frogsiren: Just won a Battle Royale with a bud for the first time ever :frogsiren:

As a duo.

Hella stoked. I took a screenshot of it but I can't find where screenshots are saved. Does anyone know?

"Capture gallery" I think it's called, the symbol is like a polaroid and a film strip. It might be in your home screen, or you might have to scroll over to "Library," click that, then find it in there.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Why is there an option to report an offensive name (something that is barely noticeable) but not one for "my team mate has spent the last 10 minutes spouting the most vile racist poo poo I've heard in a long time over voice comms, purely because someone had Asian characters in their username"?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You can absolutely report someone for that

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
They don't keep logs of the voice chat so they can't verify it as legit instead of mad cuz bad.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Got a plunder win tonight where I had almost 900k and my teammates maybe had 100k each. They also spent the entire time on the other side of the map doing gently caress knows what. I'm always baffled by people who don't actually try to pick up money in plunder. Like...that's the point? If they're determined to play TDM they invariably suck rear end and just get shot over and over.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

SubponticatePoster posted:

Got a plunder win tonight where I had almost 900k and my teammates maybe had 100k each. They also spent the entire time on the other side of the map doing gently caress knows what. I'm always baffled by people who don't actually try to pick up money in plunder. Like...that's the point? If they're determined to play TDM they invariably suck rear end and just get shot over and over.

A lot of people that don't own the main game play Plunder to level up their guns (and maybe some do it for completing challenges too?). It is often the best mode for that available in the WZ playlist for that. I'd wager a significant chunk of every Plunder lobby isn't playing to win Plunder. I used to play Plunder for gun leveling before I bought the main game, and I had a few late night games that took forever to end (must have gotten close to the 30 minute limit) because I assume there weren't any full teams actually trying to collect money.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

drunken officeparty posted:

I wouldnt be shocked if they unplugged the mw servers as soon as blopswar released tbh

CoD WWII servers are still online so I doubt MW2019 servers are going anywhere soon. It'll probably have WZ yanked out of it though.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Theophany posted:

CoD WWII servers are still online so I doubt MW2019 servers are going anywhere soon. It'll probably have WZ yanked out of it though.

BO2, BO3, and CODIW all still have working servers

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Also WZ ain’t going anywhere.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i wish the Destroy X vehicles missions were just that and not

Destroy X vehicles*

*vehicles must be inhabited

Shooting down killstreaks count

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

BO2, BO3, and CODIW all still have working servers

The original modern warfare 2007 servers are still up I believe.

I don't know why dude thought they might just kill the MW2019 servers when CW comes out, unless he just started playing video games yesterday.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

crondaily posted:

Imagine not being able to wipe an entire team as a solo, would make team play so much more important.

Uhh...uhhh....what? You cant do that. Not unless the whole other team is afk.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

codo27 posted:

Uhh...uhhh....what? You cant do that. Not unless the whole other team is afk.

Big mags allow the sweatlords to split in wz and wipe the whole map during quads play. Everyone having 30 round mags would also help the LMGs stand out. Big mags should have larger movement penalty if you ask me.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Good job no-one did

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

SubponticatePoster posted:

Nobody plays plunder seriously, you're the weird one here.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Plunder is Dad Mode which is the Best Mode

It's the best of open worlds where everyone gets to choose what they want to do for the day

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I dont have kids but I played plunder once and the next day i had the irresistible urge to buy a grill and white new balance sneakers

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
You're allowed to go afk in the chopper to deal with your kids if you agree to throw a trophy system in it first

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Mr Beens posted:

Shooting down killstreaks count

It's a warzone mission specific gripe. The best odds I have is to camp a helicopter near a hot spot drop zone in plunder and even then no one may ever take it

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Most people flying helicopters don't know about the chaff button so PILAs make quick work of them

Also cars will generally try to drive straight over you even if you have a launcher out

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

moist turtleneck posted:

Most people flying helicopters don't know about the chaff button so PILAs make quick work of them

Also cars will generally try to drive straight over you even if you have a launcher out

That's been a thing in battlefield forever. I love staring down a jeep like a matador then firing a rocket at it or having it run over c4 I literally just planted

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Me and my friend did a duos yesterday where we both got in helicopters, he grabbed a most wanted as well. Eventually we finished that, went down to a buy to get armor and then went back up and just stayed in the air flying around the whole time. Eventually my friend got cocky and tried to catch people falling back into the match and his helicopter was shot out of the sky, so he spent the rest of the game hiding in bushes and stuff. I stayed in the helicopter and was there all the way til the final circle, and got 2nd place :v:

Almost no one wanted to shoot at my helicopter until the very end of the match

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

moist turtleneck posted:

its me i know it exists but never know if you are supposed to do it when it says missile locking or incoming missile

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
I’ll pop a double weapon xp and do plunder. Grabbing a helicopter with a friend and doing the delivery missions all game helps to hyper level weapons. All hail dad mode

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

"Capture gallery" I think it's called, the symbol is like a polaroid and a film strip. It might be in your home screen, or you might have to scroll over to "Library," click that, then find it in there.

Is this feature located in the game?

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

lite_sleepr posted:

Is this feature located in the game?

op was giving instructions for PS4 users. are you on PS4?

the capture gallery is on the ps4 dashboard

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
No I'm on PC.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Macaluso posted:

I stayed in the helicopter and was there all the way til the final circle, and got 2nd place :v:

This sounds about as boring of a way as humanly possible to play the game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

drunken officeparty posted:

I dont have kids but I played plunder once and the next day i had the irresistible urge to buy a grill and white new balance sneakers

I played my first round of Plunder since it came out the other night and went 11-0 which felt pretty nice considering I've been getting used and abused in Warzone and Gunfight a lot for the last couple weeks.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

JaySB posted:

This sounds about as boring of a way as humanly possible to play the game.

Okay!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

crondaily posted:

Big mags allow the sweatlords to split in wz and wipe the whole map during quads play. Everyone having 30 round mags would also help the LMGs stand out. Big mags should have larger movement penalty if you ask me.

Ehhh you are not solo wiping teams in quads unless they are bad/do something really stupid.

Yes, you will get wiped by a solo guy if your quad pushes him 1 at a time, but it won't be a single 60 round mag that does it.
Yes, you will get wiped by a solo guy if you push into his 24rnd drum mag origin 1 at a time.

No, you shouldn't get solo wiped if you communicate with your team, flank the guy and time your push; exceptions for REALLY loving bad people that can't hit the broadside of a barn.

I still agree that 60rnd/50rnd mags should go away, it would make focused fire even more important and LMGs more useful, it would also probably encourage closer play (or people actually attempting to be accurate) with ARs instead of hosing 60 bullets down range to kill someone.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
I don't know how indicative the alpha is of CoDBOCW, but my impression is that every change from MW is an improvement and to make up the difference they've found a dozen new mistakes. That no flinch thing is like ten times worse than I could've imagined.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I wanted to clear my buy armor crates and munitions crates challenges and drove around picking up supply runs and completing them and I usually ended up top 5 every time by avoiding any interaction lol

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain

Utgardaloki posted:

I don't know how indicative the alpha is of CoDBOCW, but my impression is that every change from MW is an improvement and to make up the difference they've found a dozen new mistakes. That no flinch thing is like ten times worse than I could've imagined.

Yeah, I played for about 30 minutes and realized that it's just incredibly unfun. Think I'm gonna cancel my preorder

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah the alpha is poo poo. Feels like Tencent quality.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
the map design is way better, except for satellite,and the ttk being longer really helps cover silliness like C4 and lovely client side hit detection. I also like that domination zones are huge instead of tiny circles in the wide open that are easy to purge from a distance.

but matches need more players (in core, I didnt try combined arms) to really make use of the maps and holy poo poo no flinch is a loving catastrophe. I know I already said it but drat it's bad.

the big seller seemed to be the increased customization and again, maybe just because its alpha, but that was a huge nothing. it's basically just gunsmith but how you have the wildcards too. I don't care for it but I guess it's not worse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

MF_James posted:

I still agree that 60rnd/50rnd mags should go away, it would make focused fire even more important and LMGs more useful, it would also probably encourage closer play (or people actually attempting to be accurate) with ARs instead of hosing 60 bullets down range to kill someone.

It would only slow down pushes. There is no penalty for reloading at range, and a diminished penalty for reloading as a defender. The people who need bullets in the gun at all times are the ones pushing up.

The larger mags really make WZ reasonable, otherwise you'd be looking at ~6-13 bullets to kill with 30 round mags - meaning you'd be able to down literally 2 people max at 100% accuracy, and not finish anybody. In other words, having more people would win you any fight by default. And the suggested change wouldn't even remove full auto spam at range, it would just make LMGs the default for this behavior - functionally the same result, except for less incentive to ever push.

One of MWs weirder design choices (possibly to do with being console-friendly) is that recoil is very small, but only imperfectly controllable (unlike say PUBG, where the camera represented your recoil precisely) - that is ultimately the reason that the best gun you can build is one in which most unpredictabilities are minimized, you just pull down a wee bit and let ~700 RPM fly until the guy is dead or your bullets are out. I don't see a lot of ways around this besides a) messing with AR and LMG handling or b) reworking the bullet speed system. That second bit is interesting, because the long range performance of ARs right now has a good bit to do with the 900-1300 m/s bullet velocity and a complete lack of drag - that is a huge part of the reason why clicking on a guy and just letting lead fly works.