Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
I wonder if Nvidia has produced more than a thousand cards in total. Founder's Edition, more like Limited Edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

more like Flounder's Edition am I right or am I right

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

Ihmemies posted:

So RTX 3080 is basically vaporware at this point. Doesn't really matter that a few random samples exist in the wild...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Ordered the MSI Gaming X Trio 3080 from a local retailer, should be arriving next week on the 25th. Looks like it's the best of the AIB bunch so far.

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006

shrike82 posted:

lol looks like amazon fr and de cancelled the orders of the folks who preordered prior to launch.

i'd guess that the vast majority of euro orders (esp those thru regional stores) are not going to come through

Oh yeah amazon.fr is in the process of terminating all the Rog Strix preorders (mine was canned yesterday).. wierdly enough it's not everybody at the same time as reports have been coming in since yesterday from people saying they had "just then" been notified of cancellation.

I also have a preorder on amazon.de, probably going to get canned too.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
IT'S REAL :woop:

Am I the first?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

AirRaid posted:

Am I the first?

You’re actually the only one.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHogHMvZscM

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Cactus posted:

Just woke up and checked my order with them, the delivery date has changed to Monday 21st Sep. No email was sent to notify of the change though so if you haven't already log into the site and check they haven't stealth-changed it.

Good luck and I hope you get yours today!
I won't, but I'm not too bothered. I've got a i7-3930k in a ~7 year old PC and I ordered an EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA because I got carried away with the goings on. It became a bit of a quest yesterday to see if I could snag one. I've got 690 GTX SLI (which cost £1800 and I got about 6 months of use from before my PC was packed away for ~6 years) so at least it should be an upgrade over that.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

AirRaid posted:

Am I the first?
congrats!

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

AirRaid posted:

Am I the first?

this must be a fake, doesn't look like the 8 is flipped

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

AirRaid posted:

Am I the first?
So you're the reason no one else can have one!

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Not taking it out of the bag yet since I can't install til later. This thing is HUGE. Like, we knew they were gonna be big but holding it in your hand, its massive, and heavy. And this isn't even the biggest one.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
I realize it's probably for acoustic purposes like the FE cards, but the middle fan with the blades in the opposite direction is throwing me off.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Congrats to the new card carrying members of the GPU thread

E: didnt know gigabyte did 4 YR warranties tbh. this is unsettling

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

AirRaid posted:

Not taking it out of the bag yet since I can't install til later. This thing is HUGE. Like, we knew they were gonna be big but holding it in your hand, its massive, and heavy. And this isn't even the biggest one.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

^^^^^^^^^^^^ and we're SURE sli is dead???

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

AirRaid posted:

Uh keep talking I'm almost there

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

who... who will be the second goon

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Having a pre-order in with a mom and pop retailer here in Canada sucks. Just found out they're not "participating" in the GeForce bundle so no Watch Dogs Legion or GeForce Now with my card, and zero idea when they're actually getting them in, or how many.

At least I'll get it eventually.

Edit: and I guess I could have waited for stock to come back in on 850w PSUs instead of just settling for a 1000W one so I could have it in time for the card.

Martian Manfucker fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Sep 18, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AirRaid posted:

Am I the first?

drat congratulations! I was just gonna ask who was gonna be first

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Proshop update: they sent out a release to some customers saying they had sold their entire RTX 3080 allotment in "seconds" after 4 PM yesterday, but "their system couldn't keep up", which is why they were selling supposedly in stock cards for ~an hour after they'd run out. I would have imagined that even the most rudimentary jankety-rear end web store in 2020 would actually have some kind of lock system to check availability, claim a product, and only then pass the order through, but I guess I was too optimistic!

But guys, they are very sorry. Very very sorry that they've got your ~750 euros sitting in their bank account for an indefinite period.

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

Does it tickle when your Body Thetans flap their wings, eh Beatrice?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Drone posted:

more like Flounder's Edition am I right or am I right

:vince:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Okay both of these made me laugh out loud, good work guys.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

The reviews on beat buy are great, I like the ones about not buying nvidia ever again because AMD is their god now. Until AMD can’t meet demand either but fan boys are fickle.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gamer's Nexus claiming they have sources who say the backlog ought to be cleared out by November, with 10-20x the amount of stock being available.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I haven't been reading the thread, did everybody get their 3080's and are now gameing in glorious 8k?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

track day bro! posted:

I haven't been reading the thread, did everybody get their 3080's and are now gameing in glorious 8k?

Yeah, the actual cards are way better than the reviews said, and so plentiful that the price actually went down! Best launch ever.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Der Shovel posted:

Gamer's Nexus claiming they have sources who say the backlog ought to be cleared out by November, with 10-20x the amount of stock being available.

They'd have to get the techtuber review samples back in new packaging to meet these kinds of numbers. I'm doubtful.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Der Shovel posted:

Nice from 10 to 100 cards.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ijyt posted:

Nice from 10 to 100 cards.

Yep. If Proshop alone had 700 back orders of the TUF OC alone, and they had a stock of 20 cards... then a 10x to 20x increase won't even cover all the existing backlog.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

It'd be funny if this was actually a scalper trap and launch day was deliberately constrained and Jensen is just sitting on a freighter with like ten million units steepling his fingers.

:(

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Why is everybody so hung up on the FE anyway? From what the reviews I've read over the past two days said it's actually the worst of all of them? Lowest performance, highest temperatures and fan noise despite the 'revolutionary' design.

Is it because they are slightly cheaper?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Mr. Neutron posted:

Why is everybody so hung up on the FE anyway? From what the reviews I've read over the past two days said it's actually the worst of all of them? Lowest performance, highest temperatures and fan noise despite the 'revolutionary' design.

It looks loving sick m8

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
i watched the gamersnexus video on why the 3080 supply sold through so fast and apparently the demand for GPU and computer parts this year (since covid19 hit) has been consistently as high as a typical black friday/christmas season. so. that's loving bonkers.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

In the UK, I have just called eBuyer and OCuk, none of them have any idea what will be going on regarding fulfilling preorders and coming stock replenishment.

I managed to get an order in 3 minutes after stock went on sale and they still can't tell me if I will get one before November.

What a poo poo show!

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

Mr. Neutron posted:

a) At this point people are frantically trying to buy whatever they can
b) people like the aesthetic
c) better performance from the aibs comes at the cost of size; at 285mm long and 2 slot the FE will fit where other cards may not

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Definitely more nerds are figuring out the NVIDIA store today than yesterday ... there are active discussions on Github with people figuring out the store, stopping short of publicly releasing an auto-buyer: https://gist.github.com/jef/96fd50c6fe3eedc1bdf52585eac2b3c4

The API key is getting rate-limited far, far, far more frequently than mid-day yesterday. RIP 3090, 3070 FE launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

Mr. Neutron posted:

My understanding is that they're made with the best binned chips and tend to have the best overclocking potential and long-term durability. I've preordered a Gigabyte because my 980 Ti is a gigabyte.