Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

rantmo posted:

What a loving waste otherwise, especially Charlie Cox, he was perfect.

Right? He seemed to really embrace the role and gave it 100%. The show around him was of mixed quality but he knocked it out of the park for me. Iron Fist is, of course, another story...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Daredevil had issues but an adaptation should nail the characters first and foremost and I loved Murdock, Nelson, and Fisk. I would keep coming back for them. Charlie Cox was perfect.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Bring back all(*) the Netflix leads if they have a story for them.

*well, not Danny

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

howe_sam posted:

*well, not Danny

Throw in Cloak and Dagger and I’m in.

We can probably skip Runaways (then again that show’s problems weren’t really the actors’ fault).

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I'd be ok brining back Danny if all the other characters dunk on him. .

I also think any actor that has to act in a show headed up by Scott Buck deserves at least one pass.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

duck trucker posted:

I'd be ok brining back Danny if all the other characters dunk on him. .

I also think any actor that has to act in a show headed up by Scott Buck deserves at least one pass.

I don’t think the actual actor was bad at all, but he was totally set up to fail. In season 1 he was learning fight scenes the day of the shoot, which is... :psyduck:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm legitimately bummed we never got more of the stuff from the end of Iron Fist Season 2.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I don’t think the actual actor was bad at all, but he was totally set up to fail. In season 1 he was learning fight scenes the day of the shoot, which is... :psyduck:

Yeah the actor was given such a raw deal. Season 2 was such a massive improvement (it went from total poo poo to just "eh it's alright" to be fair) I'd be fine at least letting him have one last chance as the character.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Arist posted:

I'm legitimately bummed we never got more of the stuff from the end of Iron Fist Season 2.

Yeah Danny wandering the Earth with Ward (his name was Ward right?) and Iron Fist guns and the Daughters of the Dragon holding down the fort in NYC was a really solid hook for more stories.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Also we got what felt like Actual Iron Fist in that one episode of Luke Cage so he can do it if, you know, directed well.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Dawgstar posted:

Also we got what felt like Actual Iron Fist in that one episode of Luke Cage so he can do it if, you know, directed well.

I would love an Immortal Iron Fist movie based on the Seven Capital Cities of Heaven arc, directed by Keanu Reeves. Go watch Man of Tai Chi and tell me his directorial style wouldn’t work great for an Iron Fist movie.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

howe_sam posted:

*well, not Danny

Weird story Finn didn't pick up his phone that day so we just gave the new role to Lewis Tan like we should have in the first place!

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Codependent Poster posted:

Rumors have been around for Charlie Cox reprising Daredevil and Bernthal being their Punisher. I'm pretty confident that those two will come back in those roles.

hmm, which rumors are those? I honestly don't see Marvel Studios having any interest in continuing the Netflix continuity even if the bulk of the cast is available, but I could be wrong.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

You don't necessarily have to keep the continuity to keep the cast, though it does seem unlikely that they'd do so.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If Daredevil showed up in say, the next Spider-Man movie, and was played by Charlie Cox, you don't have to go into any sort of origin for him. You don't have to really reference any continuity either. It's just - hey, here's Daredevil again! Now let's go tell some stories with him.

I don't know how good this guy is with rumors, but this seems to be where most of it is from.

https://www.geekositymag.com/post/scoop-discussions-with-charlie-cox-as-daredevil-expected-in-december

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Daredevil even ended with the status quo from the comics being achieved by the main trio.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status/1306688748302659584?s=10

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Huh, holy poo poo

Gonna need to see the effects, but pretty happy with this even if I never saw Orphan Black. This has the right mix of notable and inspired in terms of casting.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Codependent Poster posted:

If Daredevil showed up in say, the next Spider-Man movie, and was played by Charlie Cox, you don't have to go into any sort of origin for him. You don't have to really reference any continuity either. It's just - hey, here's Daredevil again! Now let's go tell some stories with him.

I don't know how good this guy is with rumors, but this seems to be where most of it is from.

https://www.geekositymag.com/post/scoop-discussions-with-charlie-cox-as-daredevil-expected-in-december

never heard of that site so taking it with a massive grain of salt.

anyway, it's not impossible or anything, but it's hard for me to see why Marvel Studios would bring back the Netflix actors if they're not interested in continuing the Netflix continuity, and it's even harder to see why they'd do that instead of rebooting the characters in a fashion more tonally in line with the MCU proper. but who knows, stranger things have happened

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Holy poo poo that rules. She's so good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Canadian Shulkie!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

You can build a decent superhero team out of the characters Canadian actors play.

She-Hulk
Shang-Chi
Wasp
Maria Hill
Mantis

Strength, martial arts, flight, funding, secret agent skills and SHIELD connections, mental powers.

And then there's the biggest one but Deadpool is Fox and not MCU.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Wonder if we'll see Mark Ruffalo in the first episode for the blood transfusion.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

bessantj posted:

Wonder if we'll see Mark Ruffalo in the first episode for the blood transfusion.

Is the whole blood transfusion thing the only reason she became She-Hulk? Like, can Bruce make an army of hulks as long as he donates to people with compatible blood types?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Is the whole blood transfusion thing the only reason she became She-Hulk? Like, can Bruce make an army of hulks as long as he donates to people with compatible blood types?

Well they're cousins too.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I'm not sure how some shared DNA acquired prior to Bruce ever becoming the Hulk would translate to passing on Hulkness but I'm no comic book scientist.

I guess a better question would be: has Hulkiffication ever been passed through Bruce's blood again, beyond Jennifer?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

I'm not sure how some shared DNA acquired prior to Bruce ever becoming the Hulk would translate to passing on Hulkness but I'm no comic book scientist.

I guess a better question would be: has Hulkiffication ever been passed through Bruce's blood again, beyond Jennifer?

To your first point, presuming her mother was a Banner, it's relevant because of complicated reasons that the Immortal Hulk ongoing is about. Beyond that, Amadeus Cho managed to siphon the gamma and Hulkiness out of Bruce with nanotech and was the Totally Awesome Hulk for a little while, but that didn't have to do with blood.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

rantmo posted:

To your first point, presuming her mother was a Banner, it's relevant because of complicated reasons that the Immortal Hulk ongoing is about. Beyond that, Amadeus Cho managed to siphon the gamma and Hulkiness out of Bruce with nanotech and was the Totally Awesome Hulk for a little while, but that didn't have to do with blood.

All of that is why I love comics!

Back on track: I never watched Orphan Black but Tatiana sure seems to have people excited so that's good news, I guess. So far Disney's been pretty spot-on with Marvel casting too.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I don't think it's actually possible to describe through words or even brief clips how good of an actress Tatiana Maslany is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hulk Smash! posted:

Originally, you can't just gamma anyone and make a Hulk (despite the now numerous stories where you can just gamma anyone and make a Hulk) so the reason it worked on her was because she had the same whatever in her DNA that Bruce did.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrianWilly posted:

I don't think it's actually possible to describe through words or even brief clips how good of an actress Tatiana Maslany is.

For real. How many actresses can portray a half dozen fully realized characters that interact with one another and you can actually buy that they are different people?

She's gonna crush this.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

I feel like you should know the answer to this! I'm sure that's a good question for the Q&A thread.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

bessantj posted:

I feel like you should know the answer to this!
You'd think so, wouldn't you!? :v:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I excited to find out who they cast as Kamala Kahn/Ms Marvel

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Hulk Smash! posted:

I thought her being his cousin and the emergency nature of the need for the transfusion was more to explain why Bruce was willing to risk giving up his blood, and less to do with why she got similar powers. That said, I haven't read her origin, so I may be mistaken. Also seems like the kind of thing later writers might ret-con to explain why some people get gamma'd and become Hulk, while others don't. I know Bruce's Dad was convinced his DNA had been altered by his experiments, but that guy was notoriously insane.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Scarlet doesn't seem to have much on her plate.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I imagine it'll have to be a total unknown, but I'm very excited nonetheless.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If they do the blood angle maybe they'll bring Tim Blake Nelson back. A man can dream

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

People really want Geraldine Viswanathan

She is relatively unknown but is getting bigger and does have a starring movie coming out called The Broken Hearts Gallery and was in the comedy movie Blockers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I hope that the Marvel shows are closer to Mandalorian than to any of the Netflix stuff. Not just in terms of tone, but in regards to not having to be slow-paced serialized arcs constantly. Like, there should be a seasonal arc, but tell it through mostly episodic stories instead.