Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It’s because poodles are intelligent hard working dogs who have been reduced to mere playthings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
There’s nothing wrong with being one of God’s little monsters, they can be both wretched and wonderful! Case in point, Xherdan the Naked Cat

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Woebin posted:

In Sweden, the title of this movie was translated as "Spindlarna", which means "The Spiders".

Then again one of you also decided that Batman should be named The Leather Patch so I can kinda see a pattern emerge.
Just kidding, in Norway he was called The Lightning Wing. Slightly cooler but still nonsensical.

https://twitter.com/AdrienneACox/status/1306580997258063874?s=20

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

If I had to guess, I'd say the point is to eliminate the small risk of pregnancy, which would be insanely bad for the baby & mother.

Can't they just do reversible c-sections? Edit: Oh noooo I meant vasectomies :doh:

BrianBoitano has a new favorite as of 16:32 on Sep 18, 2020

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

BrianBoitano posted:

Can't they just do reversible c-sections?

I think reimplanting the baby is generally unsuccessful.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

BrianBoitano posted:

If I had to guess, I'd say the point is to eliminate the small risk of pregnancy, which would be insanely bad for the baby & mother.

ɔ-sections arent possible at 0 g

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Who knows what kind of inner-ear and bone disorders a baby conceived and born in zero-g would have too...

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

BrianBoitano posted:

If I had to guess, I'd say the point is to eliminate the small risk of pregnancy

We just have to hope none of them have any frog DNA so they don't spontaneously change sex and start breeding in captivity.

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

ikanreed posted:

Went to some dog festival in my town a year or two ago, and there was a booth run by the miniature poodle fan club(everyone else there was selling pet supplies or services), and every single one of them look like this. Horrible little demons. I don't get it, and I loving love dogs.

this is what you get if you breed an animal just to be small and other genetic traits are a constant state of anger and fluid poo poo

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

russians used a condom

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Captain Splendid posted:

Who knows what kind of inner-ear and bone disorders a baby conceived and born in zero-g would have too...

Nobody ever will know with that kind of attitude!

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

About eight years ago I was working at some fancy NASA conference in Houston. I had to baby sit a room where one of the topics of discussion was pregnancies in space. They were talking about getting two volunteer astronauts who would be willing to go up and give it a shot.

There was much concern that if a baby was conceived, carried to term, and delivered in space, it may never be able to come to Earth as it's body just wouldn't be prepared for the gravity.

Welp thats my spacesex story thanks for listening.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

People thinking it would be cool to bone in space and have a baby don’t understand the gravity of the situation

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Thaddius the Large posted:

Nobody ever will know with that kind of attitude altitude!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

oldpainless posted:

People thinking it would be cool to bone in space and have a baby don’t understand the gravity of the situation

At least you'll be able to explain away your micro penis being due to micro gravity. "YOU SHOULD SEE IT ON NEPTUNE!"

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

BrianBoitano posted:

Subjunctive posted:

I think reimplanting the baby is generally unsuccessful.

:doh: uhh can we all pretend that I said reversible vasectomy?

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

LifeSunDeath posted:

At least you'll be able to explain away your micro penis being due to micro gravity. "YOU SHOULD SEE IT ON NEPTUNE!"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Lodin posted:

You probably already know this but aversion to eating horse flesh is a very American thing. I've always assumed it had to do with the glamorization of ye olden Cowboy days.
Ironically it was perfectly normal to eat horse sausage and such back then.

“A VERY SMALL DOG,” JAMIE WYETH, 1980

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BrianBoitano posted:

:doh: uhh can we all pretend that I said reversible vasectomy?

Still very wrong, but at least for a different reason :v:. At least if the crew are all women anyway.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Clearly the solution is to have all astronauts be men, as god intended :smuggo:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

BrianBoitano posted:

It's not actually the pregnancy they're avoiding: it's the inevitable federally-funded abortion performed on federal employees. In space.

The first abortion in space. Evangelicals would lose their goddamn minds.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Thaddius the Large posted:

There’s nothing wrong with being one of God’s little monsters, they can be both wretched and wonderful! Case in point, Xherdan the Naked Cat

it's like one of those extreme weight loss "after" pictures, if the person was in their 80s

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Data Graham posted:

Clearly the solution is to have all astronauts be men, as god intended :smuggo:

They watched Adam Sandler's latest special and all became concerned about that outcome.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Ironhead posted:

About eight years ago I was working at some fancy NASA conference in Houston. I had to baby sit a room where one of the topics of discussion was pregnancies in space. They were talking about getting two volunteer astronauts who would be willing to go up and give it a shot.

There was much concern that if a baby was conceived, carried to term, and delivered in space, it may never be able to come to Earth as it's body just wouldn't be prepared for the gravity.

Welp thats my spacesex story thanks for listening.

i'm like..70% sure it's really hard to get an erection in zero gravity too so that adds some wrenches to the cogs

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

blatman posted:

i'm like..70% sure it's really hard to get an erection in zero gravity too so that adds some wrenches to the cogs

And they're trying to avoid any wrenches going into cogs.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"I'm afraid there's been a small monkey thrown into the mix."
"You mean a monkey wrench?"
"No, the whole monkey."

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Captain Splendid posted:

We pretty much are going to have to figure this out at some point. I vote that we let astronaut couples volunteer for the experiment.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

mdemone posted:

We pretty much are going to have to figure this out at some point. I vote that we let astronaut couples volunteer for the experiment.

Astronaut couples? That's ridiculous. What we should do is get a team of people who are really good at loving and getting pregnant, then train them to be astronauts in like a couple days, then send them up. Aerosmith can provide the soundtrack.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

blatman posted:

What, really? I'd love to know if this is true but I don't want to poison my Google ads forever by searching for "DIFFICULTY MAINTAINING ERECTION in space"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

As a physicist I am now forced to consider the implications of Newton's 3rd Law for loving in microgravity.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's like blatman says, without gravity's assistance your junk aint got no spunk. gonna need to get creative.

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Astronaut couples? That's ridiculous. What we should do is get a team of people who are really good at loving and getting pregnant, then train them to be astronauts in like a couple days, then send them up. Aerosmith can provide the soundtrack.

Cathlonauts

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Astronaut couples? That's ridiculous. What we should do is get a team of people who are really good at loving and getting pregnant, then train them to be astronauts in like a couple days, then send them up.

Shut the gently caress up :colbert:

I'm referencing that time when Michael Bay told Ben Affleck to shut the gently caress up, please don't be angry with me :ohdear:

Captain Splendid has a new favorite as of 20:26 on Sep 18, 2020

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

mdemone posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-47

quote:

STS-47 was the 50th Space Shuttle mission of the program, as well as the second mission of Space Shuttle Endeavour.

quote:

Spacelab-J—a joint NASA and National Space Development Agency of Japan (NASDA) mission using a crewed Spacelab module—conducted microgravity investigations in materials and life sciences. The international crew, consisting of the first Japanese astronaut to fly aboard the Shuttle, the first African-American woman to fly in space and, contrary to normal NASA policy, the first married couple to fly on the same space mission (Lee and Davis), was divided into red and blue teams for around the clock operations. Spacelab-J included 24 materials science and 20 life sciences experiments, of which 35 were sponsored by NASDA, 7 by NASA and 2 collaborative efforts. The Payload Crew Training Manager was Homer Hickam who wrote Rocket Boys made into the movie October Sky. He also worked during the mission as a Crew Interface Coordinator to talk to the crew during their science experiments and relay any concerns from the scientists on the ground.

Ever since female space travelers became the norm during the 1980s, NASA instituted rules stipulating that husband/wife couples would not be launched together out of concern over disrupting in-flight morale. However, Mark Lee and Jan Davis had secretly married a few weeks before the launch of STS-47 and NASA was forced to waive this rule as it would not have been possible to cancel the mission or reassign crews at this point.

The first married couple in space created months of speculation and jibes from the media about the possibility of them having sexual relations in orbit, but NASA officials were not amused and vehemently shot down the rumors, noting among other things the lack of privacy in the cramped Shuttle cabin and the physics of zero gravity making intercourse difficult if not impossible. Davis and Lee, who later divorced, refused to answer queries about them engaging in intimate activities during the mission.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Their hit song being I Don't Want to Miss an Ovulation Cycle.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Everybody has a heart condition in zero g so space boners are a hotly debated subject.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

zedprime posted:

Everybody has a heart condition in zero g so space boners are a hotly debated subject.

Russians used a pencil

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Russians used a pencil

No, in Russia, pencil uses you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
So I just realized there is a non-zero possibility there have been experiment with jacking off in space and studying your junk and spunk and I think this is incredible.