Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://shop.openhouselondon.org.uk/

Papercraft models of famous London buildings, and I have to admit to letting out an involuntary squeal when I got to the third row.

Speaking of, your London effortposts are keeping me thoroughly entertained while I get tattooed for hours on end, I'm glad I saved them

E: 89 is the sex number

Microplastics fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

VideoGames posted:

So the bread does not burn even though it was in the oven for 20 odd minutes? Ok! I will try it tonight with a piece of frozen bread :) Will give it a go!

I think if it constantly has oil dripping on it it shouldn't, if you're worried about it catching you could butter it first.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Speaking of, your London effortposts are keeping me thoroughly entertained while I get tattooed for hours on end, I'm glad I saved them

E: 89 is the sex number

Just for a second I read that as you getting my posts tattooed on you, and was both amazingly proud and utterly horrified.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

VideoGames posted:

So the bread does not burn even though it was in the oven for 20 odd minutes? Ok! I will try it tonight with a piece of frozen bread :) Will give it a go!
Yup, it can get a bit 'hard toast' around the corners, but it'll not blacken or even really brown.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Right, I've been searching for ages but to no avail so now I consult this thread, font of all knowledge that it is.

I have some podcasts on my android phone (by which I mean mp3 files) and I need an audio player that has a "skip 15 seconds back" feature. Music players tend not to have this, and all the podcast players can't seem to play a locally downloaded mp3 (unless I downloaded via their podcast database, which is no good)

Anyone happen to know of an app that can help me?

I use the appropriately named Podcast Republican, since it works with Android Auto and works well while driving.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://shop.openhouselondon.org.uk/

Papercraft models of famous London buildings, and I have to admit to letting out an involuntary squeal when I got to the third row.

You'll have to be more specific, as the number of items per row varies with screen size.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

VideoGames posted:

Someone mentioned in the previous thread about cooking chicken kievs with a bit of bread beneath it to make garlic bread.

I just wanted to ask do you put the bread in at the same time as the kiev? If I have frozen bread should I thaw it first?

The whole thing sounds delicious but I want to get it right.

Isn't that just garlic flavoured fat just dripping onto the bread?
Why not just swipe the tray with the bread slice after.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 18, 2020

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Guavanaut posted:

Yup, it can get a bit 'hard toast' around the corners, but it'll not blacken or even really brown.

use a bap and make a kiev butty

The first lockdown started on the 23rd of March when we had just shy of 1000 cases a day. We're now at 3400 cases a day.

The measures eased on the 4th of July(ish) - along with fewer cases but also a higher temperature, so people were out more. We'll return to similar temperatures in mid-October, but with the schools and pubs and everything back open, I imagine we'll be hitting some high number soon. There's only been 380,000 confirmed cases (0.5% of the population) - though there must have been many more cases unreported there's still quite a big jump up to a tenth or half of the population getting it.

The deaths have been a lot lower, so far, and I've read stuff that the people most likely to have died will have died by now - but this is an assumption with big consequences if wrong.

get ready for some lockdown laughs at your favourite thread this Xm*s

justcola fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 18, 2020

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

happyhippy posted:

Isn't that just garlic flavoured fat just dripping onto the bread?
Why not just swipe the tray with the bread slice after.

The bread gets cooked too?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

You'll have to be more specific, as the number of items per row varies with screen size.

I double-checked that and it doesn't, at least on Chrome - anyway, it's Willow Road, Glenkerry House and the Chrisp Street clock tower, all of which I've posted about before, and Great Arthur House which also had a cameo in the social housing posts on the next row.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Lord of the Llamas posted:

The bread gets cooked too?
Also reduces the amount of washing up you have to do (or foil you use), there's normally very little oil on the tray itself with bread.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
facebook going full nazi

https://twitter.com/ProgIntl/status/1306883807870619648?s=20

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Relevant to current discussion:
https://twitter.com/s8mb/status/1006251576447635456?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't know why he felt the need to freeze the entire thing afterwards.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Relevant to current discussion:
https://twitter.com/llewcid/status/1306530293319446528

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I double-checked that and it doesn't, at least on Chrome - anyway, it's Willow Road, Glenkerry House and the Chrisp Street clock tower, all of which I've posted about before, and Great Arthur House which also had a cameo in the social housing posts on the next row.

You get two per row on my phone.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/RadioCleary/status/1306964772412362753?s=20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You can dislike Leo Varadkar, you can criticise his policies, you can disagree with him, but this is nasty and unnecessary thing to do.

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010
Clive Martin was one of the few genuinely funny people working for Vice, and the place caused him to have a very public (and kinda funny given it was about Sopranos) breakdown on Twitter.

He's still a bit too edgy for his own good sometimes, but always a good addition when he pops up on podcasts etc. Usually to rinse posh media dickheads and talk about regretting running away to somewhere like Middlesbrough during a "I hate London" moment.

(It's all a bit)

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
I mainly cook chickens on a portable rotisserie it's so good.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
:dance: :zombie: :dance: R value is 1.4 :dance: :zombie: :dance:

Time for a pint down the pub with ten of my mates, its really frustrating to have to care about other people.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its always the publics fault with journalists in the UK

https://twitter.com/BBCDanielS/status/1306920481002598404?s=20

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
mask use has actually skyrocketed in the past few weeks on public transportation in my observation. not only did everyone wear them, everyone wore them properly and on one occasion everyone staring at someone who had a peeking nose caused her to address it.

the public are doing their best. the schools make infection utterly inevitable.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol what

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1306911151096201216?s=20

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

CoolCab posted:

mask use has actually skyrocketed in the past few weeks on public transportation in my observation. not only did everyone wear them, everyone wore them properly and on one occasion everyone staring at someone who had a peeking nose caused her to address it.

the public are doing their best. the schools make infection utterly inevitable.

My experience over the last couple of weeks is that probably 50% of people are actually bothering to wear a mask properly on public transport.
I'd say around 25% don't wear a mask at all and 25% have it covering their mouth but not their nose.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

kingturnip posted:

My experience over the last couple of weeks is that probably 50% of people are actually bothering to wear a mask properly on public transport.
I'd say around 25% don't wear a mask at all and 25% have it covering their mouth but not their nose.

Cab's up near Scotland though so maybe that's it.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Never trust a Morris. Morrissey, Van Morrison, Morris Minor, all terrible.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Friend used to work in Liverpool city center.
Used to, he quit two months ago due to how the company, accountants of about 20 people, wouldn't do anything to protect for covid.
Not even masks or hand sanitizers.
He lives with his two parents, in their 70s. So high probability targets.
He travels on train for an hour, so loads of possible random contacts.
He stopped going to work once the original lockdown was announced, the company never shut down the ENTIRE time.
Company wouldn't allow him to work from home, even though he could set it up within hours.
So he stayed at home, and they threatened him with the sack.
He threatened to sue and got a pay off that he was looking for from it.

Must ask if they are shutting down this time or not.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

namesake posted:

This is the type of talk that gets massive posts about Parker Morris.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
What about Morrisons

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We established yesterday that they are purveyors of unacceptable quantities of eggs.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

https://twitter.com/sir_dward/status/1306715734559653889?s=20

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Not surprising to hear he's a chud or chud adjacent given his background.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

namesake posted:

This guy seems OK?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Morris,_1st_Viscount_Nuffield

but then again the dancers so...

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Ah, excellent. A celebrity I have already told to gently caress off in person.

I had no idea who he was. He was just an arrogant rear end in a top hat in a bar I was helping my mate to clean up at the end of the night.
It was only the next day my mate had a thought, and a bit of checking made us realise who had been playing in the Aber uni art center that night.....

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Guavanaut posted:

You can dislike Leo Varadkar, you can criticise his policies, you can disagree with him, but this is nasty and unnecessary thing to do.

i've always seen this picture as one of those public shaming punishments where the perpetrator has to walk around with a sign explaining their crime

:newlol: some people redeem Twitter

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Dad was a massive fan of his, saw him live and then vowed to never give him another penny in record sales ever again. He was loving abysmal apparently

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

kingturnip posted:

Not public transport specific (we don't have any in rural Wales), but indoor mask use is pretty much universal since it became compulsory at the beginning of this week. I did meet my first anti-masker today, when someone came in loudly declaring he was exempt from wearing one. I know it was bullshit because he proudly confessed his master plan to download a badge and dare anybody to take issue with it to me last week. Unfortunately I wasn't able to tell him that "wearing a mask gets my libertarian panties in a twist" is not a medically recognised reason for an exemption, as I'm waiting for him to hand over a cheque for 20 grand.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

kingturnip posted:

I saw a guy on a bus pull his mask down and expose his mouth in order to cough, before pulling it back up into place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Grey Hunter posted:

Ah, excellent. A celebrity I have already told to gently caress off in person.

I had no idea who he was. He was just an arrogant rear end in a top hat in a bar I was helping my mate to clean up at the end of the night.
It was only the next day my mate had a thought, and a bit of checking made us realise who had been playing in the Aber uni art center that night.....

Never understood why people like that guy. His voice is deeply tedious and he is underhand.

There was a venue called Town & Country Club in Kentish Town and they were bought out by Mean Fiddler who renamed it Forum.

Anyway, in a grave, dramatic voice, the owner of the T&C announced that they'd managed to get Van Morrison for their last ever gig as in 'what an honour, he's showing how much he respects our venue' kind of a way. So that was 21st March 1993.

So it closed. Then the Forum opened up (maybe even the next night) and guess who was their first headline act? Yes, Van Morrison.