Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
More I think about it, the more I think I'm wrong and she actually looks quite good. I wasn't fully considering some of her options with such broad access to yellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I had a lot of fun with her and they haven’t even released the box that she comes with. Eventually I had to take versatile because they were too many good cards that fit with her, half my deck had some version of getting cash or card draw.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I got really into this game recently and was wondering if anyone had any hints about where to get the II-A mythos pack for Dream Eaters cycle? Everywhere online marks it out of print, and all my local game stores have every other mythos and scenario pack except this one in particular. I see a few copies on eBay and Amazon for like $40 and I'm not really willing to pay that for 60 cards.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

The supply chain is really bad unfortunately.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

FFG was really bad at supply and then Asmodee bought them and made it ten times worse. Then covid :smith:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Yeah I have subscriptions through Team Covenant which has been going great and I got an e-mail from them canceling my Barkham Horror order because they only got like 60% of their order fulfilled.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
My local bookstore has like 3x copies of the Forgotten Age.

I'd be seriously tempted to buy them and put them up on ebay if the drat deluxe expansion boxes weren't such a weird size and weight to ship.

Karasu Tengu posted:

I got really into this game recently and was wondering if anyone had any hints about where to get the II-A mythos pack for Dream Eaters cycle? Everywhere online marks it out of print, and all my local game stores have every other mythos and scenario pack except this one in particular. I see a few copies on eBay and Amazon for like $40 and I'm not really willing to pay that for 60 cards.

That's A Thousand Shapes Of Horror? I'll check my LGS tomorrow for for ya. Shipping will be like 7 bux though.

Cards kinda fukken suck to ship, as I learned with trying to sell netrunner packs I had spares of. They are heavy and dense and fukken USPS doesn't consider cards to be "Media mail"

jeeves fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Sep 19, 2020

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Speaking of, Curse of the Rougarou is finally in stock on the Asmodee webstore after 6+ months of checking. Still none out in the wild, though, and who knows if FLGs will get stock.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 19, 2020

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

jeeves posted:

My local bookstore has like 3x copies of the Forgotten Age.

I'd be seriously tempted to buy them and put them up on ebay if the drat deluxe expansion boxes weren't such a weird size and weight to ship.

That's A Thousand Shapes Of Horror? I'll check my LGS tomorrow for for ya. Shipping will be like 7 bux though.

Cards kinda fukken suck to ship, as I learned with trying to sell netrunner packs I had spares of. They are heavy and dense and fukken USPS doesn't consider cards to be "Media mail"

Yeah, that's it. If you can get it I've no problems with paying the $22 for it.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Stickman posted:

Speaking of, Curse of the Rougarou is finally in stock on the Asmodee webstore after 6+ months of checking for stock. Still none out in the wild, though, and who knows if FLGs will get stock.

That’s exciting! Couldn’t get a PS5 preorder for poo poo but this feels harder to track down.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Karasu Tengu posted:

I checked all three LCG in my mid-sized city and they were all out of that pack.

The last store I checked sells online and they said that they can definitely tell people are buying them at retail price to repost on ebay, due to the online orders having similar usernames to the resellers on ebay :\

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Finally got a chance to play through the entirety of Path to Carcosa and I can see why it's so highly regarded. We technically failed Black Stars Rise by one turn because we got XP-greedy and would have ended there, but decided to cheese it and play Dim Carcosa just to have the chance to check it out. We juuuust squeaked by with a win, and ended up with the Doubt ending.

We had Tommy, Ursula, and Diana, which often felt like dream team for most of the scenarios:

- My final Tommy deck. Ever Vigilant, Flare, and Dynamite Blast all went under Stick to the Plan. I think I only played Becky twice with Tommy, despite drawing it every scenario. I just had a better time with (eventually) upgraded Enchanted Blades, .18 Derringers, and Act of Desperations for most scenarios. Tommy ended up getting killed by a possession card in Dim Carcosa.

- Ursula would have felt completely broken had she not drawn so many auto-fails throughout the whole campaign; I really feel like that was the only thing holding her back. We also had the privilege of watching her play Deciphered Reality with upgraded Deduction committed on the opening turn of Dim Carcosa--what a time to start with it.

- Diana is disgusting, and our player even played with a handicap because she didn't realize you start with Dark Insight in your hand at the start for about half the scenarios. Being able to reliably get out Twilight Blade thanks to Tommy's buddy Tetsuo Mori also made her kind of overpowered. Also A+ for having the best deck name out of the three of us: "Cancel Culture"

Baron Fuzzlewhack fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 23, 2020

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It sounds like you guys had a good trio that was good at specific things, what difficulty did you play on? You should’ve been able to succeed on hard reliably.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Just standard. Upping the difficulty isn't much fun for our group, especially on (mostly) blind playthroughs.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

- Ursula would have felt completely broken had she not drawn so many auto-fails throughout the whole campaign; I really feel like that was the only thing holding her back. We also had the privilege of watching her play Deciphered Reality with upgraded Deduction committed on the opening turn of Dim Carcosa--what a time to start with it.

I don't want to be a downer but do you realise that deduction and deciphered reality don't really combo? If you commit deduction to the deciphered reality test you will get a total of 4 clues at your current location but still only 1 from everywhere else. You might already be aware but the way you wrote that implies that they were comboing.

I love Diana though too, I'm running her through dream eaters at the moment and she is great.

KongGeorgeVII fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Sep 23, 2020

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

KongGeorgeVII posted:

I don't want to be a downer but do you realise that deduction and deciphered reality don't really combo? If you commit deduction to the deciphered reality test you will get a total of 4 clues at your current location but still only 1 from everywhere else. You might already be aware but the way you wrote that implies that they were comboing.

I love Diana though too, I'm running her through dream eaters at the moment and she is great.

Yeah, we played it correctly--all three clues (there were only three) off of her current location (from extra-successful upgraded Deduction), 1 from everywhere else. It was just bonkers to have a scenario where everything starts flipped and with clues and to start with that combo in her hand.

Diana is bae. Tommy was there to take hits, Diana was there to just say, "no," to everything.

Baron Fuzzlewhack fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Sep 23, 2020

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Yeah sweet, it's a pretty common mistake so I'm glad you got the win legit. Deciphered reality is an amazing card to have in your opening hand in that scenario.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

KongGeorgeVII posted:

If you commit deduction to the deciphered reality test you will get a total of 4 clues at your current location

I never realized Deciphered Reality isn't a replacement effect; that's really counter-intuitive.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Yeah, another really common thing that gets missed. You do a regular investigate and then get an extra clue off every location, including the one you are currently on.

DeceasedHorse
Nov 11, 2005
Anyone seen A Phantom of Truth in stock anywhere? The fact that there's one or two packs missing from each cycle is killing me.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I'm guessing this is most of the player cards from The Innsmouth Conspiracy.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Sister Mary’s special card is super great, I was worried about playing at 5hp guardian.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I love how Father Mateo's signature cards can just blank out Day of Reckoning.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

That last album was missing some cards. This is supposed to be everything.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It's out! Any reaction?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

I did the first part of it last night and the flooding mechanic is pretty neat. We just barely squeaked out because my wife decided that a good opener would be to detonate dynamite in her hand to chase off the boss monster.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Golden Bee posted:

It's out! Any reaction?

Picking up a copy tomorrow night and then I’ll hopefully be able to try it out with the new investigator decks.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Did a Mary, Silas, Amanda trio. A lot of fun, the last scenario was a bit tricky but we were making sure to get all the victory points. The writing, the way the cards work, and the effects are great. Stressful but exciting.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

My store hasn't gotten in my stuff yet (supposedly this week but who knows...), but for those who have played with the new stuff, are the rogue/survivor get resources and card draw for 0 cards that add curses as good as I think? Because those seem like really powerful effects, and about the only notable cards I can think of outside of the new investigators.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It’s a mixed blessing, ha-ha. If you don’t prepare for those tokens, you can flub something from the mythos deck you really didn’t want to. Until the entire pack comes out, you don’t have a ton of options for sealing curse tokens or using them for positive affect. But sometimes if it saves your team several actions, it could be worth flubs, especially if you have Olive McBride. I’m playing Sister Mary and playing bag duty is weird, even with it as my primary focus the other players are constantly making tests, and the more blessings in the bag, the more tokens come out.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I don't play with the Taboo list, but there's a new FAQ/Taboo list article up with some explanations of the buffs and nerfs they implemented. It's a neat read:

"The Great Seeker Nerf of 2020"

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I'm baffled that the Take Heart + Grisly Totem (3) combo lived to see another day but I suppose it is the same xp as Drawing Thin and slightly harder to set up.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

If a combo does the same thing as a single card at the same amount of XP, it’s merely good instead of broken.
Edit: it’s worse, because you’ve been still succeed on a drawing thin test, you don’t have to automatically fail. You just have to make it more difficult.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
It is better though because at the same xp it gives 2 cards and 2 resources. Drawing Thin is 1card or 2 resources.

Combined they are busted though. 9 xp to get 3 cards and 3 resources every turn as part of a move is insane.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Playing Wendy/Sophie through TFA, and warning shot is amazing. We’re using a lot of bless tokens and the Winchester. It’s totally weird to be a primary cluegetter without access to deduction and the yellow suite, But Wendy’s ability to just NOPE a token pool is amazing. Especially with ancient covenant.

I’ve had quite a few turns when I was able to spend four bucks, and one action of putting out the amulet to add eight bless tokens to the game. That is amazing.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Who's Sophie? Custom investigator?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ripley posted:

Who's Sophie? Custom investigator?

The only Sophie I know is an Asset. but just for Mark I thought.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
To be fair Sophie definitely does a lot more of the heavy lifting than Mark does.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I think there's a custom swap for Mark that makes Sophie the investigator and Mark the photograph/memory.

fake edit: There's a whole imgur album of them, but here's the swap I mentioned:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

I think there's a custom swap for Mark that makes Sophie the investigator and Mark the photograph/memory.

fake edit: There's a whole imgur album of them, but here's the swap I mentioned:

A fridging story I can accept. Headcanon updated.