Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Boyfriend's replacement is a.) much worse at getting on base, b.) slow as poo poo, c.) obsessed with attempting steals anyway, and d.) hitting leadoff. Good gravy. To go from one of the league's OBP machines and premier base stealers to that at the top of the lineup is brutal.

Edit: Boyfriend finishes their career with a .367 OBP and 131 steals an an 85% stolen base percentage. Hurts.

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

folks, we did it

Day 98 is in play and there are 3 Peanuts and 5 Tacos above the ominous red line

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 18, 2020

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
That Idol board is hilarious because Axel just refuses to move. The battle over York or Polkadot for tenth place is gonna be a dogfight though.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Axel Trololol being the most idolized player seems really weird to me. PolkaDot Patterson seems like a much better pitcher to pick if you're just going to park and not switch around. If you're trying to hamper the Crabs by idolizing their best pitcher... I mean, I guess, he's got a lot of stars and his ERA is pretty great, I guess that makes sense. But Finn James and Brock Forbes can pick up the slack and it doesn't seem like a very effective strategy.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah Patterson leads the league in strikeouts this year and Trololol isn't even top-10. The same was true in season 6.

https://blaseball-reference.com/leaders

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Tibalt posted:

Axel Trololol being the most idolized player seems really weird to me. PolkaDot Patterson seems like a much better pitcher to pick if you're just going to park and not switch around. If you're trying to hamper the Crabs by idolizing their best pitcher... I mean, I guess, he's got a lot of stars and his ERA is pretty great, I guess that makes sense. But Finn James and Brock Forbes can pick up the slack and it doesn't seem like a very effective strategy.

Axel Trololol is, or at least has been, according to the algorithms that make such decisions, the Best Player in Blaseball. It's verified by the fact that he's the one that has been getting stolen after the initial steal of Jessica Telephone (who was then swapped back to the Pies in Feedback.) So it makes sense to stan Axel. Also, he's a Crab, and their fanbase is large enough that they probably feel like they can just do whatever they want and if he gets shelled, he gets shelled.

Or it's people just setting and forgetting. I mean, I haven't switched from Jaylen Hotdogfingers. It's whatever.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Axel is the worst 6 star pitcher of all time.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
For six stars, Axel underperforms that rating pretty consistently.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

PolkaDot Patterson has 0 walks in all of Season 7?!?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

PolkaDot has 10 walks in their entire career

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Yeah I don't understand how Trololol is actually calculated as the "best player" but he's never seemed that way for sure.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The day 99 games have not started...

https://twitter.com/blaseball/status/1307048107507621888

gulp

e: games are back on, and holy poo poo Wyatt Pothos has partied so hard they're a 4.5 star pitcher now

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 18, 2020

Semi-Protato
Sep 11, 2001

I'm gonna laugh so hard when whatever's gonna happen happens to idols 11-20.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The idol goal was all set right as the hour turned, but at the last second PolkaDot made a jump up to #8 and knocked Tacos pitcher Wyatt down to 11

So the Tacos are going to have 4 shelled pitchers and 1 really good pitcher? Maybe??

edit: still chaotically shuffling now

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

lol no kidding, I saw Peanut Bong was in 11th and was about to post about it, then I refreshed and they were in 5th

the red line is angry again!

e2: the Shelled One is back!!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

These few moments have become by far the most exciting of the Blaseball week imo

edit: I *think* the plan came together at the end, hard to know for sure, eagerly anticipating the work of the great legume

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://twitter.com/jFields99/status/1307063371292868608

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

Im scared

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

:wow:

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

If bath time gets skipped AGAIN, the Firefighters fan base will riot

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

WOWW
WOWWW

Um..... :ohdear:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

devs scrambling to figure out what to do with the fully shelled pitching rotation

WOW
SERIOUSLY
WILD
MILD
WILD
WOW
YES
THAT IS MORE LIKE IT.
HAVE YOU EVER SEEN SUCH TALENT?

did... did we do good?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

TOP 3 WOULD BE BETTER

:ohdear:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

but how are we going to get through all the passive Axel idolizers??

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

SQUID
SQUID
SQUID
SQUID
SQUID

A SQUID ATE THE PEANUT?????

where is hotdogfingers
followed hotdogfingers here
from the hall

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I tabbed away for a few minutes and now there's a giant squid??????

??????

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

https://twitter.com/Aclippinger/status/1307067990991671296

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

the last thing the peanut did was complain of our unity and dismiss the power of "witholding our labor"

i want to believe the squid is anticapitalist

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Using "Squid" in the discord gets your post deleted and an automod PM

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

squid has left, and given us all 10,000 peanuts

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The servers are predictably taking a giant dump, but people are saying that all the Tacos pitchers are now shelled

e: yes, can confirm

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
I... uh...

WELCOME SQUID OVERLORDS

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

tinstaach posted:

The servers are predictably taking a giant dump, but people are saying that all the Tacos pitchers are now shelled

e: yes, can confirm

Yep!

https://twitter.com/BlaseballNews/status/1307069897655148545

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

In the 4 minutes since you posted that, York Silk has already risen to 2nd overall

the best un-shelled pitcher in the league right now is I think Elvis Figueroa of the Pies?

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Really hope they planned for this possibility lmao, we'll find out by Monday.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

better get them off the board quick before this blessing gets handed out on Sunday

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

The Peanut players are now Honey Roasted. No clue what that does.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Also, the Book has been amended:

https://twitter.com/BlaseballNews/status/1307072002075889664

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberius
Sep 24, 2007
Totally Fake
I wonder if honey roasted makes peanuts more tasty to birds.