Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

What I want to know is how they did the oval office smoosh. Presumably that's not Aya Cash's actual pubic hair and pubis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Fun fact: They did the scene where Eva Green licks a penis in The Dreamers (2003) by having Eva Green lick her co-star's penis.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Woden posted:

Dude with mutant blood saves millions of babies over via 60 years of regular blood donations.

If someone could regen organs, doctors would still follow best medical practices like do no harm etc.

God help mutant man if he's a uyghur.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

BurritoJustice posted:

Cherie is great, I appreciated her being wholesome and calling out Frenchie on his bs kiss in E03 while still being emotionally understanding even though they've effectively broken up. I implore y'all to watch the E01 deleted scene "Cherie and Frenchie"

Also did anyone get the vibe from season one that she was "enhanced" in some way? The crazy eyes and the way she strong armed Frenchie gave that impression and it's be cool if that was the case

man i cannot find any of these scenes you're talking about

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Durzel posted:

The Black Noir stuff was a crushing disappointment.

I didn't expect him to switch sides, but at the same time I kinda thought he was going solo, like the one guy still left doing their job, etc. You could argue that Edgar pulling his strings is still in keeping with his character, but it really undermines the intrigue there was in his character.

I thought, if anything, that Butcher would have something more substantial sa leverage than Homelander's son, i.e. something that Black Noir - a man (?) of strict principals - would understand and value higher than killing Butcher in that moment. Butcher revealing Homelander's son doesn't strike me as particularly revelatory in a world where Compound V and the fact supes are made, not born, is public knowledge, either.

I dunno, it just felt weak. A substantial buildup and a damp squib payoff.

The rest of the episode was pretty much awesome though, although I don't think it would be much of a loss if the whole Frenchie/Kimiko storyline just went away, it seems to be just aimless.

At least it's finally been proved definitively that Starlight's Mum is Stormfront's daughter, and she had a pet fish called Liberty.

Just curious about these kinds of posts. Where are people getting that Noir has "strict principals" or would be anything other than another venal too powerful superhero? Why are people inputting this need to create facets to a character that hasn't given us anything yet. Like, where does Noir having any sort of positive qualities come from, from a character whose only actions have been murder so far, and hasn't been characterized as anything else (other than drinking tea I guess)?

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

I know he doesn't have a body builder's physique, but he is not rail thin by any definition of the word. I was just pointing that out. Male body shaming based on toxic masculinity is not OK.

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
Holy poo poo that face scalping scene

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Arglebargle III posted:

Fun fact: They did the scene where Eva Green licks a penis in The Dreamers (2003) by having Eva Green lick her co-star's penis.

It’s a common dream

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

Golden Bee posted:

It’s a common dream

Hey dude. That's not cool.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I feel like I've said it before, but the biggest improvement from the comics isn't the removal of all the lovely edgelord-y type Ennis poo poo, it's making Hughie feel like a real person with agency. I swear, the comic ran for 70 issues and it seemed like from start to finish Hughie was always an inch away from crying / in a fetal position / throwing up at their shenanigans and was just . . . pathetic. Show Hughie in a scene where he talks about how he still thinks about killing himself, telling Butcher to gently caress off, and standing in his way knowing he's still likely to get punched and pushed aside is just a breath of fresh air.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Just finished it. Great episode.

How the hell did Stormfront know for sure that Starlight leaked Compound V? I feel like Edgar was suspicious that it was an inside leak and had Stormfront investigate but they never say how she knows for sure.

The scene with the explosions had me laughing like crazy and I wish it had gone on a while longer. I didn't want the walking sounds and explosions to end.

I agree with whoever said that Ryan's existence shouldn't have been a big enough deal to keep BN from killing all of them. I guess it would throw a wrench in Vought's deny/pretend to investigate messaging but it wouldn't bring them down.

Biggest plot hole for me is still Butcher getting in and out of a supposedly high security compound, getting spotted on camera at least once, and nothing happening. No guards, no nothing. That makes no sense.

I liked that we got more information on some of the supes' powers. I wanted that for a while.

I liked what someone said about Stormfront always acting like she read the script. That makes perfect sense for someone who's 70 years old and has had all these conversations a thousand times. It's supposed to make you hate her and it's awesome.

Everything with Deep was really funny this time.

I don't think Maeve's coup is going to succeed but I hope they all at least do something meaningful to him.

The final scene was incredible. I loved it. My wife said Buffy did it first but I never saw Buffy so :shrug:

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Shageletic posted:

man i cannot find any of these scenes you're talking about

On Amazon prime when you're watching an episode there is the "x-ray, more info" option in the overlay. Under "more content" there are the deleted scenes.

It's weird how hard they are to find, they're all pretty good this season

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

God help mutant man if he's a uyghur.

Literally the only reason that Vought isn't strip-mining Gecko's organs is that the writers didn't think of it.

Edit: Enjoying S2 so far, but Stormfront is really starting to lessen my enjoyment of it. Homelander's awfulness makes me want to watch more, SF's makes me want to go do anything else.

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Sep 19, 2020

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Something I was hyped about in the teaser is most likely going to show up in the next episode

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

MizPiz posted:

Has anyone argued that Stormfront was just talking about Christianity being more lax with the morality of it's priests and congregations and A-Train was getting upset for no reason?

I was getting strong "Mormons didn't used to let black people be bishops" vibes off that conversation. I know The Collective is more of Scientology analog, but Mormonism is kooky enough to get some things rolled in there too. Fresca being caffeine free and all.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

I'm like you. I'm gay.

Pretty timely critiques about how They commoditize social justice and identity politics.

Is it shameful that I laughed a bit when she broke out the "I'm gay". Sa has poisoned me.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Turns out that Hughie is also the voice of one of the main characters on Lower Decks, which means The Boys could just be a really hosed up ultra violent holodeck experience.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

JosefStalinator posted:

Is it shameful that I laughed a bit when she broke out the "I'm gay". Sa has poisoned me.

It was supposed to be funny because it was a lovely shoehorned line that parodies how awful this kind of stuff is in most movies.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Literally the only reason that Vought isn't strip-mining Gecko's organs is that the writers didn't think of it.

Or maybe they tested to check and... His appendix didn't grow back so scrap those plans while we still have a perfectly good arm generator.

Or he's not a match? Even if I could grow my kidneys back that's not a guarantee I'm a match with everyone who needs one.

Personally, I think it would be clever to go in the direction of using Gecko to solve the problem of A-Train's heart failure, but they could just as easily do something else equally satisfying to tie those threads.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Turns out that Hughie is also the voice of one of the main characters on Lower Decks, which means The Boys could just be a really hosed up ultra violent holodeck experience.

Brockmire's broadcast partner is too, so it could just be one of Jim's drug-fueled hallucinations.

(Yeah, I know he was sober by then, but flashbacks are a thing)

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Personally, I think it would be clever to go in the direction of using Gecko to solve the problem of A-Train's heart failure, but they could just as easily do something else equally satisfying to tie those threads.

It's a clever fantasy solution, but it sort of undermines the performance enhancement metaphor - and could give rise to a potentially tedious possessed-by-organ-transplant plotline.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
you think i'm a piece of poo poo?

gently caress yea.

...hmmmm

Deep just can't

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Open Source Idiom posted:

It's a clever fantasy solution, but it sort of undermines the performance enhancement metaphor - and could give rise to a potentially tedious possessed-by-organ-transplant plotline.

The Boys Season 3: Idle Hands

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Open Source Idiom posted:

It's cool if a-train suddenly has liquid snakes voice

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

the little subtle acting the actor who plays a train does when stormfront sits down and immediately sizes her up as racist was so subtle and well done. he’s seen it his whole life so even before she goes full “garbage” he’s on edge.

also the jab at Avengers Endgame was so wonderful.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Throwing out a little speculation:

Now taking wagers that Stormfront hosed Homelander to spermjack him, so she can inseminate her followers with True Nazi Ubermensch.

Stormfront may also find out about Ryan, kill Becca and Butcher will blame Homelander for it.

After ep 8 when Stormfront delivers a 6-minute rant about remoulding America in the shape of her beloved Fuhrer's Reich, ending it by shouting "Heil Hitler!" and throwing off a Nazi salute, Bioshuffle will say that Vought brainwashed her. Can't get between a wehraboo and his wehrfu.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

If the goal is to get Stormfront preggers, it will be a nice character arc for Homelander to have to potentially kill off his own nazi offspring should it come down to him stopping her, etc.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't come into TVIV much but every time I do, some of you guys post the weirdest speculation where I can't even wrap my brain around how you got there.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

veni veni veni posted:

I don't come into TVIV much but every time I do, some of you guys post the weirdest speculation where I can't even wrap my brain around how you got there.

Trust us dude, she's a Nazi

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Shageletic posted:

Just curious about these kinds of posts. Where are people getting that Noir has "strict principals" or would be anything other than another venal too powerful superhero? Why are people inputting this need to create facets to a character that hasn't given us anything yet. Like, where does Noir having any sort of positive qualities come from, from a character whose only actions have been murder so far, and hasn't been characterized as anything else (other than drinking tea I guess)?
Not acting in a certain way, the way everyone else does, can be characterisation too. When every other supe on the show is mired in drama, and Vought is having to stage manage them constantly, having someone who appears to be invested in the job gives the impression of being principled. Those principals involve murder on command of course, but principals nonetheless.

I would agree that it’s an reach to suggest that BN has some bushido code that means he (it?) might balk at doing something immoral, but he’s been shown to be methodical and focused, and has spared an innocent life who he could just as easily have killed (the kid during the terrorist kill), whilst killing another who presumably was innocent (the woman at the start). He was also the one that had the most visceral reaction to the news of the Compound V leak.

There is also the fact that BN actually being a robot who simply does Vought’s bidding is pretty boring and can’t really go anywhere story wise.

No one is saying he has positive qualities, so I’m not sure where you got that from.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
My fiancé just realized Hughie is Dennis Quaid’s son and now feels bad for him because he’s not as hot as his dad

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That's what Dennis Quaid gets for having a child with Michael Cera.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I really liked the scene where they were pitching Maeve's new image and almost immediately explained that the American public becomes confused unless LGBTQ relationships aren't presented in terms of Male/Female

Also I know there was some disagreement about the Stormfront/ Laura Loomer thing however with every scene she is in I am more and more convinced that Loomer was 100% the inspiration for her look

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

honestly there's a slew of fashy brunette quasi-goths. like the nra speaker lady

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

BurritoJustice posted:

On Amazon prime when you're watching an episode there is the "x-ray, more info" option in the overlay. Under "more content" there are the deleted scenes.

It's weird how hard they are to find, they're all pretty good this season

I tried to do this for s2 ep1 like you mentioned and only found 15 pics of the episode lol

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
She's way too smart to be loomer, the lady that handcuffed herself to only one of the two doors to the entrance of Twitter

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

AlternateAccount posted:

What about good ole fashioned grammar nazis?

grammar nazis are founded in prescriptivism, which comes from both imperialist and colonialist ideas about a) a "perfect" language, b) trying to get "back to the times of the roman empire"

The reason that infinitives are considered bad to split is because in Latin they are a single word, you can't split them. The people drafting those rules or otherwise pushing them were trying to make English be more like Latin which they considered was an ideal language, because of its relationship to the Roman Empire.

Most of prescriptivism is like this. It's imperialism all the way down, folks

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

Biggest plot hole for me is still Butcher getting in and out of a supposedly high security compound, getting spotted on camera at least once, and nothing happening. No guards, no nothing. That makes no sense.

Perhaps they have seen him there with HL and Edgar told them to keep their distance, preferring to send BN after him.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
In his phone conversation with Butcher, did Hughie slip in that they think Stormfront killed the CIA woman? What's he basing that on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

unlimited shrimp posted:

In his phone conversation with Butcher, did Hughie slip in that they think Stormfront killed the CIA woman? What's he basing that on?

CIA lady figured out Stormfront was Liberty. That’s where Mallory got the little poster from that had the address of the woman they visited.