Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

sourdough posted:

What was the trade? And do ya have any depth? Starters are quite nice!

Traded Stephon Diggs and my 2022 1st and 2nd for Lamarr and Amari
QB depth: Lock and Tyrod
RB depth: McKinnon, Jamaal Williams and Chris Thompson
WR depth is Aiyuk, Amendola, Keelan Cole and Bourne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I’ve got Goedert slotted in for Kuttle. Hopefully Donald doesn’t murder Wentz.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

poly and open-minded posted:

Traded Stephon Diggs and my 2022 1st and 2nd for Lamarr and Amari
QB depth: Lock and Tyrod
RB depth: McKinnon, Jamaal Williams and Chris Thompson
WR depth is Aiyuk, Amendola, Keelan Cole and Bourne

Wonder what the other dude was thinking lol. Cooper > Diggs, Lamar >>> 1st+2nd. Your bench is pretty brutal though.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

generic one posted:

Reed could either bust or have a huge game.

My money is on an early exit with a concussion or hamstring injury

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Silly Burrito posted:

A couple but I too like to live dangerously.

Fortune favors the bold. And sometimes the stupid.

I had Kittle in a league last year. Played Dwelley in his absence that week because there weren’t any other great options. I won, but poo poo, it was a total coin flip in retrospect. God speed, fellow goon. :cool:

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Worth trying to pick up and stash Landry or Crowder if they're both available in 12team PPR league? Who would you drop?

Current roster -
WR: Adams, Evans, Diggs, Jones Jr, Woods, John Brown
RB: CEH, Cohen, Snell, Scott, Gibson

Alternately, my RBs are dire and it looks like Singletary/Montgomery/Mattison/McKinnon are available. Worth a look at one of them?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Marvin Jones or John Brown would be my candidates for a drop. Landry and Baker have chemistry but I wouldn't count on him as more than a 9-10 point floor player.

The trick is he typically doesn't go much higher.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Sep 19, 2020

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

xeria posted:

Worth trying to pick up and stash Landry or Crowder if they're both available in 12team PPR league? Who would you drop?

Current roster -

Alternately, my RBs are dire and it looks like Singletary/Montgomery/Mattison/McKinnon are available. Worth a look at one of them?

Weird league settings? That's a lot of value on the wire. Even in PPR, I'd take Montgomery of those RBs, as he's a lock for workhorse role. Not sure who best to drop tbh. I'm not at all a Boston Scott believer (Sanders is going to own that backfield) so would dump him, but I bet others will disagree. I'd take Landry and Crowder over Marvin Jones and John Brown.

e: Maybe it'll change if Baker and Beckham get more on the same page, but Landry is such safe money in PPR. Last year, only 4 single digit weeks (and all were 6+ points, no goose eggs), and averaged 5-70-0.3 for the year.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Sep 19, 2020

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

xeria posted:

Current roster -

Holy poo poo how does Monty end up on the wire? Pick him up.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

xeria posted:

Current roster -

Wow, get Montgomery (top back on a team) and Mattison (best handcuff, 2nd year player on a team that trusted him as a rookie and wants to protect the guaranteed money for their fragile bell cow RB). Drop Gibson, who is "gadget player that can never sustain 15 carries in a game, but for some bizarre reason everyone's excited about him version 7.0") and Boston "I'm a backup and I'm injured and my team is working out Devonta Freeman which tells you all you need to know" Scott. Zip zam zoom: You've got a much more solid RB squad that I hope leads to your renewed happiness.

I'm iffy on the WRs. I love Crowder and Gase works the slot but man it's just shuffling potential WR2s in and out at this point.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Sep 19, 2020

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I've never really done much trading in fantasy football but this talk of people selling on Mixon got me curious. I found this when just doing some research:

I wish I could tell ESPN that one of these running backs is not like the others. For being a premiere Fantasy Football site, this is pretty sad.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Doublepost because I just saw that all of Howard, Breida, and Gaskin are on the waiver wire and I have an open roster slot have to drop an RB if I want to sign one because I already have so many on my roster. Is it worth dropping... Antonio Gibson (drafted because he dropped) or AJ Dillon (drafted to sit on him as a potential keeper for next year) to pick up.... pppbbbbtttt Gaskin? I already have (starting) Saquon, Drake, Monty, Hines, and (on the bench) James Robinson (who is likely to take over as my keeper for next year as he was drafted later and I'm a homer).

This also means I still have an open roster slot (temporarily with Kenny G on IR). I'm kinda tempted to pick up Logan Thomas in case he blows up and Jonnu Smith and/or the Titans come back down to earth, but Russell Gage, Laviska Shenault, and Keelan Cole are all available too.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

xeria posted:

Current roster -

Drop John Brown for Crowder and Scott for Montgomery.

Why is Montgomery unowned? Did his owner drop him when he got hurt in camp... And then no one picked him up?

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

coronaball posted:

Drop John Brown for Crowder and Scott for Montgomery.

Why is Montgomery unowned? Did his owner drop him when he got hurt in camp... And then no one picked him up?

Yeah, drafted on the 6th, dropped on the 7th for...a second QB I think?

Anyway, grabbed Mattison/Montgomery for Scott/Gibson. Waffling on Crowder (who I can pick up now) and Landry (who's on wire until 23rd) but both slipped through this past week's wire so they probably aren't in danger of getting scooped up by the other 2-3 people who pay attention in this league.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
So I feel like i did alright in my first matchup last week. Lost 203-191, third most points in a ten team league. It was so much fun watching football games again and actually caring about them. I like this.

So at what point should I be moving guys around that had bad weeks in week one, for others that had good weeks? The other people in my league snapped up the big names from week one already, but i was looking a bit deeper.

The three RB's i have that were junk last week were Ingram, Johnson, and James White. My other two RB's are Carson and Montgomery. From what I'm reading on here, that's not a good line up. Who should i be looking at to shore up my running game? I saw a mention of Mattison a few posts ago.

Also, should i be jumping on the good WR's from week one? Best one still available from my understanding in my league is that Valdes-Scantling kid in GB. i've got Adams, Ridley, Ceedee, Jarvis Landry, Preston Williams, and Anthony Miller.

Really enjoying the thread and the back and forth you guys have on things i know nothing about.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

your WRs are fine, your RBs are bad aside from Carson.

one week is not enough to say whether someone is bad or good or worth picking up or worth dropping.

Saturday is also generally too late to mess with your roster for a week - most leagues have waivers that process around 1am Wednesday mornings, so set your waiver claims Tuesday evening before bed. if you don't know/understand how waiver/FA work, read up on them, it's important.

post your full roster and important scoring settings (mainly PPR, unless your league has weird stuff)

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I'm a Bell owner with Boston Scott on the bench. Gore just got through waivers, should I grab him or wait to see if someone else blows up this weekend?

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

ketchup vs catsup posted:

your WRs are fine, your RBs are bad aside from Carson.

one week is not enough to say whether someone is bad or good or worth picking up or worth dropping.

Saturday is also generally too late to mess with your roster for a week - most leagues have waivers that process around 1am Wednesday mornings, so set your waiver claims Tuesday evening before bed. if you don't know/understand how waiver/FA work, read up on them, it's important.

post your full roster and important scoring settings (mainly PPR, unless your league has weird stuff)

Thanks, i'll hold off for one more week.

i've played a lot of fantasy Hockey and Baseball, so i know how the waiver works. The weird thing about my league is that Malcolm Brown was picked up last Sunday night after the Rams had played that day, and Snell was picked up after the Steelers had played on Monday. So i'm a bit confused as to how they were picked up after the games had ended, unless i'm missing something.

i'm a bit internet dumb, how do i post those snips of my roster from yahoo?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Floofy posted:

i've played a lot of fantasy Hockey and Baseball, so i know how the waiver works. The weird thing about my league is that Malcolm Brown was picked up last Sunday night after the Rams had played that day, and Snell was picked up after the Steelers had played on Monday. So i'm a bit confused as to how they were picked up after the games had ended, unless i'm missing something.

under normal settings I think they should have been on waivers then. could your league be using continuous waivers (https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6427.html) and the timing of their 2 day window just happened to line up after their games ended?

I think people mostly screenshot their rosters on their phone and post them here through awful app

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

The X-man cometh posted:

I'm a Bell owner with Boston Scott on the bench. Gore just got through waivers, should I grab him or wait to see if someone else blows up this weekend?

I mean, who are you starting? Sanders is back so I see Scott as being mostly worthless. Gore should get volume with Bell out, but woof at starting any Jet against San Francisco.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Here’s the starters

And bench this week (I forgot to mention Landry as a WR)

0.5 PPR, other scoring is pretty standard I think.

Sorry it's huge..

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Floofy posted:

Your league might not have waivers, but just have perpetual free agents? I played a league where it had that as a setting, where someone would get hurt in the game and their backup would be grabbed 5 minutes later.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

The X-man cometh posted:

There are precisely 2 Jets worth starting at any point and they're both out this week.

Edit: /\ or continuous waivers

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Pain of Mind posted:

Your league might not have waivers, but just have perpetual free agents? I played a league where it had that as a setting, where someone would get hurt in the game and their backup would be grabbed 5 minutes later.

Yeah, I've had one of those leagues. It's sort of cool if you're into trying to keep up with all the games in real time, as it actually helps you to be so engaged. But it's also clearly really not fair to anyone that can't completely devote their Sundays to fake football.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Is Bell not worth a bench/IR in 10 team ppr? I just realized he was dropped in my league.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Who’s the better ROS stash, Reagor or Aiyuk in ppr leagues?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Chernabog posted:

Is Bell not worth a bench/IR in 10 team ppr? I just realized he was dropped in my league.

Not in a 10 team unless you have an IR spot and don’t have to move them out of it when they recover.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Reagor is already getting deep targets. Aiyuk will probably see decent volume but when little and Deebo come back he will see less looks probably. I'd feel more comfortable with reagor personally.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Not in a 10 team unless you have an IR spot and don’t have to move them out of it when they recover.

Ah, guess I'll pass on him then.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Does anyone know anything about what is going on in Miami? Is it worth picking up Gaskin if he is on the waiver wire? My RBs are Saquon, Drake, Monty, Hines, and (on the bench) James Robinson, AJ Dillon, and Gibson so I will have to cut an RB to pick up Gaskin, but I'm not sure if its worth dropping a potential great keeper in Dillon or an unknown wildcard like Gibson for a Dolphins RB.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lol I need to stop watching fantasy shows on NFL Network.

They said to sit Chris Carson. What 8 team league do you sit that guy in ever

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

kiimo posted:

Nobody should ever be in an 8 team league and no respectable fantasy show should ever discuss an 8 team league.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My point is you'd have to be in an 8 team league to sit Carson but I'm also real high on Carson and the NE doesn't scare me as much. Of course my league is 14 so I may be misled about his ranking.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
What criteria do y’all use to decide whether to cut bait with your upside TEs (aside from “watch the games & see if they look like poo poo”)? I waited on TE and ended up with both Hurst & Gesicki; I got like 5 targets/points out of each last week which is excusable (Jamal Adams/Patriots defense) but not ideal. Right now they’re both holds for me, but it feels like my team has potential this year and I want to avoid missing out on adds because I couldn’t give up on my lottery tickets.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I go through TEs like fat kids eat ice cream

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

trdn89 posted:

What criteria do y’all use to decide whether to cut bait with your upside TEs (aside from “watch the games & see if they look like poo poo”)? I waited on TE and ended up with both Hurst & Gesicki; I got like 5 targets/points out of each last week which is excusable (Jamal Adams/Patriots defense) but not ideal. Right now they’re both holds for me, but it feels like my team has potential this year and I want to avoid missing out on adds because I couldn’t give up on my lottery tickets.

I’m sure a lotta folks have different feelings about this, but the only time I’ve had held two TEs on my roster at the same time is for bye week considerations. Unless you’ve got one of the top five, a lot of them are gonna be interchangeable depending on the matchup. I usually just hold one, get a bye week backup a couple of weeks out (variable here is how much hoarding your league does), then drop that backup as soon as I can.

Just my personal strategy there.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

kiimo posted:

It's even a dumb take relative to his week to week performance. New England has no experienced linebackers and a killer secondary. Seattle will try to run at the front seven all night long.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'm philosophically against weighing defenses in start/sit decisions in Week Two except as tie breaker anyway. We have a one game sample for this year's NE defense and they shut down... Jordan Howard.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

fsif posted:

I'm philosophically against weighing defenses in start/sit decisions in Week Two except as tie breaker anyway. We have a one game sample for this year's NE defense and they shut down... Jordan Howard.

Derrick Henry rushed for 182 yards against New England in the playoffs last year before the better linebackers opted out or left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

sourdough posted:

Wonder what the other dude was thinking lol. Cooper > Diggs, Lamar >>> 1st+2nd. Your bench is pretty brutal though.

They have contracts that may hurt me in 2022 but Diggs was making the most money this year. It's a 12 man dynasty league so benches are either stacked or empty