Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

CubicalSucrose posted:

Get on Discord and do all the things with us. Mining ops, roaming PVP, ratting, mission fleets, deadspaces, Ally defense. Industry too if that's what you're into.

Gate camps in echoes are great because pubbies will sit in the system you just killed them in shouting about the gate camp instead of the system they jumped from, it takes it from being monotonous to being hilarious because of how excessively salty they get right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hell yes, tag please!

Finally have time to play!

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Ein Sexmonster posted:

The kill of the night

This worm just let my alt bait them into oblivion and didn't leave when my omen arrived on grid on their rear end. RIP

:eyepop: :honk:

micron
Nov 15, 2005

Tag me up please!

Games good, come play with goons. You can spin your ship in the station with me.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Waiting for my application to Corp to go through, I realized I had that 500k sp encounter ready. Welp, at least I can spend it on cooler skills now.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Holy hell, invention skills take a lot of skillpoints

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

I havent gotten much time in lately now that i got a real computer but this game is a good time with goosefleet, if youre on the fence you should give it a try!

Also if i could a gangtag please, thatd be wonderful.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
We just destroyed a large fleet invading our Chinese ally and trying to pop their base. Annihilated them. Hopefully someone will post an after action report.

JCFalkenberg
Jul 7, 2008
Hit me with that sweet tag please!

Ein Sexmonster posted:

The kill of the night

This worm just let my alt bait them into oblivion and didn't leave when my omen arrived on grid on their rear end. RIP
:vince:

I really need to get in on more fleet ops, I've dropped in on a couple of the mining ones and it's good fun.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

That was my first Echoes fleet ops and it went remarkably smoothly. Fighting the UI sometimes but otherwise good. Didn't even die.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Is there any guide to fleet operations for dumb babies? That is, never played an MMO before, or used Discord, or anything along those lines. Like step-by-step hand-holding.

I'm looking at all the talk of pings and different Discord channels and it's all Greek to me.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Did anyone suggest to their discord a loving kill board plzzzzz

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

As much as I would like a killboard I'm really happy that the pubbies don't know how broken their meta is and what's broken about it, it would be obvious if there were a central killboard for them to reference.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

corgski posted:

As much as I would like a killboard I'm really happy that the pubbies don't know how broken their meta is and what's broken about it, it would be obvious if there were a central killboard for them to reference.

If you don’t know what this means, a vast majority of players in this game have gone with long range shield heavy and missile type ships. We in the Glorious Featheration have gone in the opposite direction. Heavy armor and lasers are our bread and butter, and they absolutely RIP APART shields. This gives us a decided advantage that a lot of people have yet to realize.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
one Gooseflock tag please! just catching up on the thread

Trip report:

high sec retriever mining is okay but its way difficult to find the good minerals since every asteroid belt is camped by 4 miners almost permanently

I think I pull in maybe 3 mil worth of minerals per 20 minutes

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
I will share that strapping missiles to a venture 3 and popping unwary miners is extremely satisfying and occasionally lucrative. You barely even need industrial ship skills before you can jam it full of medium rapid missiles and shred any other venture you can catch.

I spent a day or two harassing miners with a coercer navy before I got sick of leaving their ore in the wrecks; if you’re mining miners, be sure you can bring home all the rocks they shot!

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Redmark posted:

Is there any guide to fleet operations for dumb babies? That is, never played an MMO before, or used Discord, or anything along those lines. Like step-by-step hand-holding.

I'm looking at all the talk of pings and different Discord channels and it's all Greek to me.

• Join discord
  • Join voice OP channel with a million people in it
  • Ask for invite to a fleet, and type an "x" in whatever channel in game (corporation, local of fleet, etc)
  • Once in fleet ask who is Fleet Captain
  • Click fleet window, then click the 3 lines by their name, click follow
  • Be silent in voice chat until whomever is running the op says it's okay for idle chat
  • Follow instructions, ask questions in fleet or corp if fleet coms is busy.

That's basically it. Follow instructions to the T, and keep coms clear unless instructed otherwise. You basically follow people until we get to where the fight is, then the fleet captain will target for you and you shoot the target until popped, or until they say something like just go nuts and hunt down stragglers. Our commanders are pretty good about telling you what to do clearly.

Make sure you have a decent overview setup as well. People will link one for you to save in game chat if you need one.

Anything else I've forgotten?

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

We just had a roughly 100 vs 120-man fleet fight, defending the station our friends in [VVV] put up

It looked a bit dicey to start, as they had us outnumbered and we could tell they had at least some idea what they were doing with their scouts and harassers poking around...

But we kicked their rear end anyway. This battlecruiser was worth about as much as our whole fleet!

We even managed to bring most of our fleet home again. You can even see some fresh killmarks on the top spaceship.

Outcome: Complete victory

Radio Free Kobold fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Sep 20, 2020

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

When getting ready for a fleet, leadership will post what ship to use and what fittings to use on it. This is referred to as a fleet doctrine. If you don't have the ship or fittings, acquire them -- currently, we have ships but not modules easily available, so you'll need to buy the fittings yourself (or get them contracted from another goon) and go pick them up and put them on your ship.

To join a fleet, be in the staging station (usually Taisy) during form-up time. Usually the announcement will say when we leave, so be ready and in the staging location several minutes before then.

You can save your fittings (top-left corner of the fittings screen) to make it easier to refit a new copy of it in the event that you get blown up.

Red means bad. Green means good. If the gate is red, do not jump through the gate.

If you get targeted (the enemies on your overview screen will have a yellow box around them), warp away and then come back.

Don't bring anything you can't afford to lose. Don't be sad when you get blown up.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

bonus salt, somebody just ganked a miner

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Poor small business manufacturers

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Khris Kruel posted:

Poor small business manufacturers

They need to pull up on their bootstraps some more

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

Radio Free Kobold posted:

bonus salt, somebody just ganked a miner

This was me in my battleventure, which I lost very soon afterward to a Can-Yue (dig it) and some slasher II pals. Hilarious times had by all, eve on phones somehow GOTY 2020.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

This is so much better than EO. You can get fights so much more quickly and easily, with so much less pain and work required for more reward. I'm sure it will degenerate to EO level at some point, but for now it's amazing.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I bet this is how the game was when Eve O first came out, a crapton of clueless people just wandering into death

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Khris Kruel posted:

I bet this is how the game was when Eve O first came out, a crapton of clueless people just wandering into death

Can confirm this is how it was in the early days

It's why BOB got the reputation they did, as they were mildly competent and had some previous Homeworld experience

this made them gods among other EVE players

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

EVE echoes is a casual game for children. Literally. Here's our battle plans. (Come play today!)

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The propaganda department are gods among men.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

The Shortest Path posted:

The propagander department are gods among men.

ftfy

I lost Coercer Navy Issue today while on an op, worth about 50m isk. In exchange, our fleet took out two battlecruisers worth about 1 billion isk.

Some kind goon scooped the remnants of my wreck, too, so my loss is probably only half that.

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Sep 20, 2020

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

we have a market api now :toot:

You can now pricecheck most items in the game with our discord bot

Mutual Slump
Jan 3, 2009
Honk Honk. Recently picked up Eve Echoes and thought I'd have a gander at the Goosefleet. Lurking Eurogoon here looking for a proper corp. I'm in a random Providence alliance at the moment, loads of lovely people but they are so disorganised.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

congrats on making your first post in eight years

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

biosterous posted:

join4goose

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Game scratches that itch so well, and pubs continue to be bad lol

Mutual Slump
Jan 3, 2009

biosterous posted:

I have lots of free time to post now I'm staring at a screen chewing space rocks again

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

idk looks like we'll implode any day now. They were right all along.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Mutual Slump posted:

I have lots of free time to post now I'm staring at a screen chewing space rocks again

:justpost:

Solvarn
Dec 28, 2009

biosterous posted:

Brings my average posts up to 0.1 posts per year.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Khris Kruel posted:

idk looks like we'll implode any day now. They were right all along.

Any day now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I made this based on a specific comment on the discord but I think it's generally applicable. I got out with half structure in my Omen as well.