Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Shooting Blanks posted:

Probably getting around to starting S2 this weekend since we're going to have poo poo weather for awhile. How is this season compared to S1 - worth watching?

Yes, it certainly is. The new format means there's time to digest each episode (if you're watching week to week).

Homelander continues to be Homelander, the characters are being fleshed out more, and there's more backstory being added.

Pikehead fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Alchenar posted:

The best reveal would be it's not a costume

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

As Nero Danced posted:

I bet after the next episode the argument will be "OK, Stormfront is a racist and apparently hasn't aged in decades, but does that make her really a nazi?" Then the episode after that she shouts seig heil and does a roman salute, and the goalposts will shift again.

Called it. For my next prediction, "she was a Nazi but she defected, so she isn't anymore."

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I mean, say what you want about Stormfront, Dude, at least she has an ethos.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

boo_radley posted:

It's ramping up the intensity. Some chickens from season 1 are coming home to roost in a big way. More action, more gore and some new characters thrown in the mix.

Definitely no nazi characters tho.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

As Nero Danced posted:

Called it. For my next prediction, "she was a Nazi but she defected, so she isn't anymore."

You'd be surprised. You should look up Operation Paperclip, where tons of Nazis defected to gain immunity for their war crimes. They literally became ex-Nazis. A lot of those scientists ended up contributing a lot to American progress, actually. A lot of the reasons they gained that immunity had to do with the cold war, but that's for another thread.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip

Also, I'm beginning to wonder if there are multiple versions of black noir. One dies, they bring in another and vice versa.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I agree, if you were a time traveller who has never heard of anything that has happened after ww2, including the moon race and the scene from this very show from a week ago when they said that the founder of the company who makes superheroes was a Nazi scientist recruited by the us towards the end of the war, you'd be surprised.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

That Italian Guy posted:

I agree, if you were a time traveller who has never heard of anything that has happened after ww2, including the moon race and the scene from this very show from a week ago when they said that the founder of the company who makes superheroes was a Nazi scientist recruited by the us towards the end of the war, you'd be surprised.

Come on now, it's not fair to judge tv shows by what they show and tell us

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

That Italian Guy posted:

I mean, say what you want about Stormfront, Dude, at least she has an ethos.

Haha.

Also what’s with the Stormfront nazi denial?

My nazi Geiger counter goes off when she’s on screen harder than my gaydar whenever homelander is on screen.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Whoa this guy is a serious student of history after all to pull up a *very* obscure fact that was literally referenced in the show.

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

with a name like stormfront how could she be a nazi! her family is from argentina! no way could they be german

i actually think stormfront is going to end up having known starbrights mom from back in the day.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
I'd like to believe that our fellow poster is either really dense or trolling but sometimes you gotta ask, if you can pretend too well to be this stupid...

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

I really wanna punch nazis. But a female nazi... that’s kinda a tough one for me... I just can’t punch women, I’m not a monster like lowtax.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ZZZorcerer posted:

I'd like to believe that our fellow poster is either really dense or trolling but sometimes you gotta ask, if you can pretend too well to be this stupid...

He's just a racist piece of poo poo.

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

whats the rule here on comic spoilers and show speculation based off of that?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's a 14 year old comic and the show doesn't really follow it, so I'd think conjecture is fine. But also who cares, we all click on the Spoiler Tags as soon as we see them

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Into The Mild posted:

My nazi Geiger counter goes off when she’s on screen harder than my gaydar whenever homelander is on screen.

You must have missed last week's episode. It's not gay if it's with yourself.

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He's just a racist piece of poo poo.

categorizing operation paperclip as good for american progress is a very modern patriotic take on that whole thing.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

ptkfvk posted:

considering the scientists from operation paperclip as "ex-nazis" is a very modern patriotic take on that whole thing.

And also

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Defiance Industries posted:

You must have missed last week's episode. It's not gay if it's with yourself.

Oh I didn’t miss it. That’s what I was leading too.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

The fact remains Stormfront has not confirmed she is a Nazi. We've seen that she was a racist superhero named Liberty, but there have been no references in the show that references her being a Nazi. A lot of people are pointing to her uniform, but the last time I checked, the Nazis did not wear capes (despite what some goons may believe). The armband thing isn't even a red herring. The Nazi armband was only worn on one arm. Not both sides. If you think she is, you're entitled to your guess just as I am entitled to mine.

Once again, she may very well be a Nazi but the show has not confirmed this. I'm not even saying she isn't one, I'm just stating the fact that the show has not confirmed it yet. This isn't an opinion, it's an indisputable fact.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

ptkfvk posted:

Just mark it as comic spoilers in tags. Nobody's particularly sensitive to it because the show is only using the comics as vague inspiration.

---

incidentally, if for whatever reason everyone's descriptions of the comics haven't turned you off from them Humble Bundle has a bundle of The Boys + Project Superpowers comics.

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's a 14 year old comic and the show doesn't really follow it, so I'd think conjecture is fine. But also who cares, we all click on the Spoiler Tags as soon as we see them

ok good. im sure its been said in here before, but i just caught up and wasnt reading from the beginning

stormfront is a nazi in the comics

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Alchenar posted:

Come on now, it's not fair to judge tv shows by what they show and tell us

Yeah I mean half the fun is completely ignoring those things and making up random bullshit that I wish happened instead.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Oh poo poo, did anyone have 'Nazis did not wear capes' on their bingo card?

e: for anyone tracking: Still think Stormfront is nominally a plant by Vought to get Homelander back under control, though she obviously also has her own supe-nazi-supremist agenda going on. Also still think A-Train is on the long road to a redemption arc where the conflict is going to be when he ends up allied to The Boys and Hughie has to deal with that (although the climax of Season 1 had Hughie decide to save A-train's life, so the main part of the grief and anger he's carrying has been dealt with).

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 19, 2020

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I would say the quality is about on par with season 1.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Waiting for Stormfront to do the nazi salute, then this rear end in a top hat is gonna move goalposts again lmao.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Romes128 posted:

Waiting for Stormfront to do the nazi salute, then this rear end in a top hat is gonna move goalposts again lmao.

She was never in the nazi party she's just a nazi enthusiast.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Romes128 posted:

"OK, yeah, I guess she's a Nazi... But it's not like she worked in a concentration camp or anything... The show hasn't confirmed that she has..."

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I didn't expect to be proven right that quickly.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Episode six opening: Starlight has snuck into Stormfront's trailer again and is rummaging through her drawers. She finds some kind of ID card - all the words are in German, it's dated 1940, and the photo is clearly of Stormfront, albeit with that haircut they give every woman acting in a movie set during WW2.

Starlight snaps a picture and texts it to Hughie, who does some google sleuthing and confirms it is an official Nazi party membership card. "She's a loving Nazi!" he shouts.

Bioshuffle: ok, but maybe her membership was kind of a Schindler's List type situation.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 19, 2020

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Actually she's wearing a different style of cape. Furthermore

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Hulk Krogan posted:

Episode six opening: Starlight has snuck into Stormfront's trailer again and is rummaging through her drawers. She finds some kind of ID card - all the words are in German, it's dated 1940, and the photo is clearly of Stormfront, albeit with that haircut they give every woman acting in a movie set during WW2.

Starlight snaps a picture and texts it to Hughie, who does some google sleuthing and confirms it is an official Nazi party membership card. "She's a loving Nazi!" he shouts.

Bioshuffle: ok, but maybe her membership was kind of a Schindler's List type situation.

"Lot's of people where in the interrogation department of SS back then. Just because she was leading that doesn't mean that she believed in the ideology. Maybe she wanted to change the system from the inside."

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Alchenar posted:

2020 is a wild ride.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Professor Shark posted:

Do you guys have an honest to goodness pet Nazi Guy itt?

The mods won't just threadban him despite the fact that he does nothing but poo poo up the thread and most people are too dumb to not fall for his poo poo constantly.

ptkfvk posted:

I think it would be fair to use spoiler tags for the comics if just because I know a decent chunk of people have started reading the comics because of the show, or at least trying to. A lot of people drop them because they're turbo edgy and very dated.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
The Boys Season 2: Not all Nazis wear capes

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Guys.

Nazis wore only one armband. Stormfront wears two!!

Stormfront is actually the leader of ANTIFA!

Checkmate libs!

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Alchenar posted:

e: for anyone tracking: Still think Stormfront is nominally a plant by Vought to get Homelander back under control, though she obviously also has her own supe-nazi-supremist agenda going on. Also still think A-Train is on the long road to a redemption arc where the conflict is going to be when he ends up allied to The Boys and Hughie has to deal with that (although the climax of Season 1 had Hughie decide to save A-train's life, so the main part of the grief and anger he's carrying has been dealt with).

Vought founder was a NAZI scientist (founder or hired scientist? can't remember), he went to America with his first successful experiment super NAZI soldier Stormfront so I guess the history is that she did so many awful things as Liberty that with public opinion changing about racism they 'retired' her and now she's back with a new name and reinvented to the new times.

She probably has a lot of pull inside the company and knows Edgar personally

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

The Boys Season 2: Not all Nazis wear capes

Mods please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Into The Mild posted:

Guys.

Nazis wore only one armband. Stormfront wears two!!

Stormfront is actually the leader of ANTIFA!

Checkmate libs!

That just means she’s extra nazi.