Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'm making the Volvo 6x6 and after the 1st set of bags I have an extra red gear am I in trouble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

I'm making the Volvo 6x6 and after the 1st set of bags I have an extra red gear am I in trouble

Thats the kind of thing that makes me review the build. Could also just try to verify if it looks like things will work right? Dunno how much of the gearbox/mechanisms are built at that point but sometimes you can test a bit to make sure you've not done something wrong.

But once in awhile I do end up with spares that go beyond what I expect.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1307303482332938241?s=20

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Well, whoever said it was made to hang on the wall was right since that’s in the reveal photos.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Dogen posted:

Well, whoever said it was made to hang on the wall was right since that’s in the reveal photos.

Oh ha, I didn’t expect to be right.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dogen posted:

According to the shop listing there’s a “new special brick” included that allows for it. I’m guessing a plate with holes for screws at the corners to anchor it to the wall?

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Dogen posted:

Gonna look real nice next to this.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I don't care too much about batman but that is a very nice set, along with the batmobile.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Probably not into Batman enough to get this (plus I just bought the cantina), but that does look like a fun build.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Literally A Person posted:

Another day, another minifig scale vehicle. Made to go specifically to go with this viking duder:

Norse one, dude.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Brawnfire posted:

Norse one, dude.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

So a bit late to the Space Racer thing, but here's a ship I built a few weeks ago during the height of the mania and then never posted... this ship is cobbled together from 20th century truck parts and ancient alien technology, and goes super fast since it has lots of pyramids and blue lights:

I decided it needed a base, so I made this for it (I've been waiting on the baseplate to arrive):

Here's the 'cast' of the racer and base:

And that skeleton guy on the right, that's not in the other shots, he has his own terrible vehicle built from some remaining pieces:

I don't really have names for these guys... 95% of the parts come from 7622, 7624, 7307, 7325, 5969, 5618, and 7040 plus a few random minifig parts I had around. I sold most of my (mostly Star Wars) Lego years ago and just recently started building again thanks to this thread.

Prophet of Nixon fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 20, 2020

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I just rebuilt An Unexpected Gathering and I forgot how much I love the interior detail. It's small, it's cozy and the amount of minifigures are good too. What are some other sets that have *a lot* of interior detail? I've had a lot of modular sets which I typically enjoy, but they're hard to display because you can not see into the set. The Tower of Orthanc was very cool because you could see everything. Diagon Alley seems to be my speed, but it's wayyy too large for my to display.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Obi-wan's Hut, Hagrid's Hut and The Burrow all have pretty detailed interiors.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

NO BOB, NO SALE.

https://batman.fandom.com/wiki/Bob_the_Goon

Also, Brickmania's gonna make a loving small fortune selling that obscenely long-barreled revolver.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

obi_ant posted:

I just rebuilt An Unexpected Gathering and I forgot how much I love the interior detail. It's small, it's cozy and the amount of minifigures are good too.

That’s one I always regret missing. It looked amazingly cozy and ideally suited for a lighting kit.

Prophet of Nixon posted:

and goes super fast since it has lots of pyramids and blue lights:

:hmmyes:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hmm. Turned up on Instagram as a leak, but I’m not entirely convinced that this is real. Flesh tones rather than yellow seems weird.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

BIG HEADLINE posted:

NO BOB, NO SALE.

https://batman.fandom.com/wiki/Bob_the_Goon

Also, Brickmania's gonna make a loving small fortune selling that obscenely long-barreled revolver.

Bob is great, but fumanchu stache with a boom box is a close second.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
The batwing is an eventual buy for me, was gonna skip until I saw an overlay for it over the batmobile and saw the loving thing is bigger than the batmobile. It is a bit disappointing that it comes with what appears to be the same batman and that they couldn't come up with a better third minifig.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFWSE5hJENY/?igshid=1d5s435u348au

Found it

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I finally got around to going through the monster fighters sets. Imgur refuses to work for me on here though. I'm only missing like 3 pieces and the book for the zombies out of all 7 sets. They even had all the extra pieces included. Bonus frodo poly bag mixed in.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
Does Lego usually do anything for black friday? Just curious if I should wait until then to get some set

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Prophet of Nixon posted:

So a bit late to the Space Racer thing, but here's a ship I built a few weeks ago during the height of the mania and then never posted... this ship is cobbled together from 20th century truck parts and ancient alien technology, and goes super fast since it has lots of pyramids and blue lights:

I decided it needed a base, so I made this for it (I've been waiting on the baseplate to arrive):

Here's the 'cast' of the racer and base:

And that skeleton guy on the right, that's not in the other shots, he has his own terrible vehicle built from some remaining pieces:

I don't really have names for these guys... 95% of the parts come from 7622, 7624, 7307, 7325, 5969, 5618, and 7040 plus a few random minifig parts I had around. I sold most of my (mostly Star Wars) Lego years ago and just recently started building again thanks to this thread.

This is great! I love how chunky the main ship is. The race crew is very Farscape/Guardians of the Galaxy.

The_Doctor posted:

Hmm. Turned up on Instagram as a leak, but I’m not entirely convinced that this is real. Flesh tones rather than yellow seems weird.

If this were the Muppet version I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Zonko_T.M. posted:

This is great! I love how chunky the main ship is.

I was noticing this too. I love how "dense" it is. If you threw this at your little brother it'd def leave a mark.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

He’s gonna tell mom!

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Love to knock over my Saturn V and have it explode into a billion pieces again.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

No regrets using the china hutch for Lego. I have a bengal, he was obsessed with the tower bridge and would have cheerfully slept on it Godzilla style. The Saturn V had been living on the same high shelf as the bridge at risk of cat murder but it was too high to really examine them. After our move Bridge and the Saturn v ended up in the china hutch and life is less chaotic as a result. Would recommend.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Three years with it like this, three cats in the house. Not a single rapid unplanned disassembly. :smug:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

New Wave Jose posted:

Does Lego usually do anything for black friday? Just curious if I should wait until then to get some set

Double points and Xmas GWP.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Scipiotik posted:

The batwing is an eventual buy for me, was gonna skip until I saw an overlay for it over the batmobile and saw the loving thing is bigger than the batmobile. It is a bit disappointing that it comes with what appears to be the same batman and that they couldn't come up with a better third minifig.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFWSE5hJENY/?igshid=1d5s435u348au

Found it

Oh wow. That scales to the Batmobile better than I thought. I didn't really process that the front piece of the canopy is actually a Millenium falcon canopy. Jesus that thing is huge.

I'd definitely like to pick it up eventually but I'm not gonna make it a day 1 run out and buy either. lately I need to remind myself that Lego keeps stuff in production for more than a day lol. Maybe next spring I'll pick it up if May 4 doesn't drop a doozy on me.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
I keep knocking the bottom fins off and the LES off the top.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Waltzing Along posted:

Double points and Xmas GWP.

The site will crash at 12:01 and sorry, they only made 5 of the GWP because that’s what they’re doing now.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I have this food storage filled with tons of random rear end parts I've collected with time, does any goon want it? Completely free shipped, I have no used for any of it as I don't do MOCs:

I'm going to dig through it for any airpieces or helmets I need for my other sets if I try and sell them complete, but that's all I care to keep from it. I honestly have no clue what the gently caress is in here.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I'll take it if nobody else wants it. You already sent something to me, I don't want to take advantage of your generosity.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I’ll take it, I’m working on a few Mocs and could use some spare parts.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Missed out on two good batches lately on the used market and bummed out about it. Trying not to chase too much cause that’s how I overpay. Did manage to pickup the Architecture
New York City skyline set at a garage sale this weekend for $3 so happy about that.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

sigher posted:

I have this food storage filled with tons of random rear end parts I've collected with time, does any goon want it? Completely free shipped, I have no used for any of it as I don't do MOCs:

I'm going to dig through it for any airpieces or helmets I need for my other sets if I try and sell them complete, but that's all I care to keep from it. I honestly have no clue what the gently caress is in here.

I would totally take it if you'd give it!! :)

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Why didn’t anyone tell me there was a Hayride set?? Stickers be damned I just ordered two

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/halloween-hayride-40423

okkie
Oct 3, 2005

play nothing

Nobody here psyched for the Adidas x Lego ZX release? They look fun imo.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

The site will crash at 12:01 and sorry, they only made 5 of the GWP because that’s what they’re doing now.

The trick is waking up at 3 am and doing your order then. Most of the people upset at the crash have given up and gone to bed and no one is naturally waking up yet. I have yet to have an issue getting an order in that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

okkie posted:

Nobody here psyched for the Adidas x Lego ZX release? They look fun imo.

Me! Can you get them on the lego website or only the Adidas one? Hoping this will not be like other fancy sneaker releases where there are 50 pairs at all and they are all on ebay for ten times the price in half an hour.