Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

that's ok, all those freeloaders who were refusing to go back to work will now have to get off their asses and work themselves to death to truly restart the economy!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
No, no I don't actually want to be part of the cool zone, but I suppose this was inevitable

Thoth!
Apr 28, 2014

vyelkin posted:

A Vancouver condo development was approved with one of the approval conditions being that the developers spend a bunch of money on public art, so the developers bought a $5 million chandelier and hung it above a homeless camp.

Lol everyone involved in this deserves a free ride on the guillotine. Was burning 5 million in a gold plated barrel just too low brow? What the gently caress

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Mameluke posted:

No, no I don't actually want to be part of the cool zone, but I suppose this was inevitable

Too bad PAL processing times are up from the usual four to six months to "maybe in 2024"

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Jan posted:

that's ok, all those freeloaders who were refusing to go back to work will now have to get off their asses and work themselves to death to truly restart the economy!!

Well that sucks. :(

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/sunrickbell/status/1306201753264693253?s=20

Fuckin

gently caress

I hate Calgary so much.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/raynefq/status/1306645354402603008

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Take Back Tack Back Canada!

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

:ughh:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Coxswain Balls posted:

They're still around, and I'm guessing they get updated occasionally because the paint still looks good one the ones I've seen despite being almost twenty years old. I never thought about it but our public art seems to be alright. I'm noticing a lot of stuff going up by the new bike paths and transit corridors.

http://winnipegarts.ca/wac/pubart-gal/

one of the bears is in front of nicks inn on highway 1 just outside headingley but they painted it with a nicks in logo all around it lol

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/CBCRaffy/status/1307011510955249665?s=20

youre the one that loving blew up the foundation with dynamite jackass

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Rutibex posted:

Take Back Tack Back Canada!

Bake back Canada!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Jeromy Fuckass

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
AISH is done

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/po...b-d026ea04bfc7/

https://twitter.com/MattWolfAB/status/1305932875141804038

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

We're the only developed nation with national healthcare but not pharmacare. All these shitheads trying to explain why it can't work and etc. are expounding nothing but ideology. Significant numbers of older adults especially have to choose between taking their medication as prescribed, and other living expenses. Conservatives yet again advocating for people to literally continue to suffer/die needlessly to ensure the profits keep flowing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

My $3500/month medication is covered by AISH, i guess i'll just go die now.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

dumb fuckers

it's not what the diagnosis is, nobody needs to know or care about that

if you are medically not able to work the state should support you until you are

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

flakeloaf posted:

dumb fuckers

it's not what the diagnosis is, nobody needs to know or care about that

if you are medically not able to work the state should support you until you are

the dire straits alberta is finding itself in means that it's inevitable they start squeezing the poorest and most desperate first. they've never had any kind of plan or foresight for when the golden goose finally stops laying, and so they revert back to their most primal instinct of going for the throats of the people least able to fight back

kenney and the PCs' approval ratings are already in the toilet so they've really got nothing to lose by pulling the mask all the way off at this point

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
But what if someone I don't personally think deserves to live gets MY TAX DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also corporate tax cuts are good because job creators and trickle down *shoves an entire pair of boots down my throat without chewing*

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
aish is maybe an interesting one because, afaik, it sees universal support across the political spectrum. on the left you're on board with people not dying in the street, and on the right you know that living on aish means every cent you get is going into the local economy. approximately no one supports cutting it, and limiting the application criteria probably has similarly low levels of support (maybe some people buy the disingenuous "someone got an adhd diagnosis and is set for life!!" which describes zero people on aish). even your more heartless conservatives will admit that inability to work shouldn't be a death sentence

so idk what kenney's playing at here. I'm not saying aish is some beloved program, most people probably don't know what it is, but nobody wants it cut

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

so there's a practice that was used when making the cartoon Adventure Time where they tried to push something live that was really hosed up then got told to back off a bit so they could instead push something live that was medium hosed up, which would have itself been rejected had they gone with it first. I think this might be what he's doing, threaten to cut AISH so he can do something else horrible with less pushback because "at least I didn't cut AISH"

I am basing this hypothesis on 4 seconds of thought and zero research, there's also a very real chance that he's actually just as dumb as he seems

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

pokeyman posted:

aish is maybe an interesting one because, afaik, it sees universal support across the political spectrum. on the left you're on board with people not dying in the street, and on the right you know that living on aish means every cent you get is going into the local economy. approximately no one supports cutting it, and limiting the application criteria probably has similarly low levels of support (maybe some people buy the disingenuous "someone got an adhd diagnosis and is set for life!!" which describes zero people on aish). even your more heartless conservatives will admit that inability to work shouldn't be a death sentence

so idk what kenney's playing at here. I'm not saying aish is some beloved program, most people probably don't know what it is, but nobody wants it cut

The cruelty is the point.

blatman posted:

so there's a practice that was used when making the cartoon Adventure Time where they tried to push something live that was really hosed up then got told to back off a bit so they could instead push something live that was medium hosed up, which would have itself been rejected had they gone with it first. I think this might be what he's doing, threaten to cut AISH so he can do something else horrible with less pushback because "at least I didn't cut AISH"

I am basing this hypothesis on 4 seconds of thought and zero research, there's also a very real chance that he's actually just as dumb as he seems

The rules have changed. He said he was going to destroy alberta's parks system, got massive pushback, and then did so anyways. all to save less than his "war room" costs.

Powershift has issued a correction as of 16:10 on Sep 19, 2020

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Powershift posted:

The cruelty is the point.

Yeah, I know. Usually you can get some people to go along with it though. Not that it necessarily matters.

quote:

The rules have changed. He said he was going to destroy alberta's parks system, got massive pushback, and then did so anyways. all to save less than his "war room" costs.

The shortsightedness really is astounding. Honest disagreements about how to raise and spend money can exist, but it'd be nice to see any kind of a strategy or evidence of thinking beyond the next year.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

pokeyman posted:

The shortsightedness really is astounding. Honest disagreements about how to raise and spend money can exist, but it'd be nice to see any kind of a strategy or evidence of thinking beyond the next year.

the PCs have spent nearly 60 years fostering a culture of reckless shortsightedness based on a completely unfounded assumption that oil will continue to be a necessary, high priced commodity forever; they're certainly not gonna change now

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i'm frankly still not sure what the 25-30%~ of voters who've switched allegiances in the polls were expecting when they elected a loving harper crony into office

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Vermain posted:

i'm frankly still not sure what the 25-30%~ of voters who've switched allegiances in the polls were expecting when they elected a loving harper crony into office

make price of oil go back up

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Vermain posted:

trigger da libs

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Reality Protester posted:

trigger da libs

Gotta protect that truckquity

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

i buy all my art at art.com

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://twitter.com/jasminechorley/status/1307374400296034304?s=19

lmao

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Overrated yet loved by performative progressives and urban elites? Yeah checks out

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Inaccurate. MEC is Canada's REI. :dadjoke:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I was surprised when anyone got mad about MEC being sold, it hasn't been any different than any other outdoorsy store in ages. I miss the days of them making their own quality jackets, I had one that lasted me a good decade+. Now I can't find anything as good anywhere :sigh:

Anyway I haven't been to an MEC in forever, the stores got all fancy and all the same brands as everywhere else.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Lassitude posted:

We're the only developed nation with national healthcare but not pharmacare. All these shitheads trying to explain why it can't work and etc. are expounding nothing but ideology. Significant numbers of older adults especially have to choose between taking their medication as prescribed, and other living expenses. Conservatives yet again advocating for people to literally continue to suffer/die needlessly to ensure the profits keep flowing.
This week I got a guy covered for Hep C treatment, which is about $40,000 for the course, through Blue Cross. However, since he's over 65, Senior's Blue Cross charges a $25 co-pay for any prescription. He doesn't have $25 to spare so he has to put off his treatment.

Like, round it the gently caress up to $40,025, guys.

(I'm trying to get the pharmacy to eat the cost somehow.)

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Albino Squirrel posted:

This week I got a guy covered for Hep C treatment, which is about $40,000 for the course, through Blue Cross. However, since he's over 65, Senior's Blue Cross charges a $25 co-pay for any prescription. He doesn't have $25 to spare so he has to put off his treatment.

Just curious, how fired would you get if you slipped him 25 bucks?

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos

Zutaten posted:

Just curious, how fired would you get if you slipped him 25 bucks?

Probably not a line he wants to cross when it sounds like his entire(?) practise is very low income, vs the pharmacy typically having some markup on drugs, possibly rebates back from their supplier based on volume, and also routinely waiving "trivial" dollar amounts after processing claims through insurance.

Trivial is more typically pennies but sometimes a few bucks, 25 is pushing it a bit but hey, 40k. I dunno how mad the insurance company would possibly get in the unlikely case of catching it.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Sassafras posted:

Probably not a line he wants to cross when it sounds like his entire(?) practise is very low income, vs the pharmacy typically having some markup on drugs, possibly rebates back from their supplier based on volume, and also routinely waiving "trivial" dollar amounts after processing claims through insurance.

Trivial is more typically pennies but sometimes a few bucks, 25 is pushing it a bit but hey, 40k. I dunno how mad the insurance company would possibly get in the unlikely case of catching it.

Oh a doctor. For some reason I read it wrong and thought he was a pharmacist.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Albino Squirrel posted:

He should find $25 and then sell half the medication for a sweet $20,000 payday

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/premier-ontario-cases-covid-sept19-1.5731049

quote:

Premier limits gathering sizes provincewide as Ontario reports 407 new cases of COVID-19
A limit of 10 people may congregate indoors and 25 outdoors for next 28 days

Premier Doug Ford announced the province is lowering the number of people allowed at social gatherings across Ontario, as the province reported 407 new cases of COVID-19 on Saturday.

Starting immediately, private, unmonitored gatherings will be limited to 10 people indoors and 25 people outdoors for the next 28 days, Ford announced at a news conference at Queen's Park.

The premier also said those who break these rules risk facing a minimum fine of $10,000 for the organizers and a $750 fine for guests. Events held in staffed facilities are excluded, such as movie theatres, places of worship, gyms and convention centres.

"This is about everyone's health and safety, and we have to come down hard on the rule-breakers," Ford said.

Doug Ford in a powerfully progressive move limits Ontario class sizes to 10 students!

......oh wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Sassafras posted:

Between the pharmacy and maybe some donated funds to the clinic, we'll get the co-pay covered. This case highlights how ridiculous the rules for the co-pay are, however.

Both welfare and AISH expire when you hit 65, as you're covered by senior's blue cross. But suddenly you have to pay up to $25 per prescription - what if you're on 15 prescriptions? Many of which may be necessary to keep you alive? What if you can't manage your meds well, because you have cognitive issues, and it would be safer to dispense your meds weekly, but that would mean it's $25 per prescription per week instead of per 3 months? I frequently have to balance out patient safety versus patient cost issues when patients are over 65.

Fortunately my patient population doesn't trend old... unfortunately it's because the life expectancy in the neighbourhood in which I work is something like 42.

Pharmacare is health care, and this is the biggest gap in the Canada Health Act. I would love it if the NDP made national pharmacare the condition of their continued support of the Libs.