Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Lot of planetside gameplay in this Everspace 2 video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_8v5VZM-rg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Fatty posted:

You really need to name which game you're talking about, because its confusing as gently caress. I started searching Steam for Artificer Rogue, thinking it sounded like an interesting Roguelike.

You are right, I've become what I've always hated.

The game in question is Dragon Age: Inquisition, which I'm playing for the first time right now. Not bad at all, and it could have been a great game if they just cut 50% of the more collectathon-style side quests cluttering up your journal.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Friend got me Spiritfarer for my birthday and I thought I'd repay with Dying Light so we can play it together. Bought DL:TF-EE from Humble store and gave the kee to him. He was not able to activate it.

Turned out Moldova has special RU version and no other version is allowed to activate. WTF. This sucks so much. Nothing on Humble store page about the region issues either, they usually include countries that you can or can't activate in.
I couldn't even activate it for him on my Estonian connection so it's based on Steam account or payment method location.

E: Also ask for games, more than one is fine

Fluffy Horde
Think of the Children
Quest of Dungeons
Primal Carnage: Extinction
Paper Fire Rookie
Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom
Boundless
Vikings - Wolves of Midgard
Steel Rats

Desert Child

F1 2019 Anniversary Edition

Sininu fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 19, 2020

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That manages to be lovely even in a geopolitical sense, like they're still a Russian colony

Coupling them with Romania makes much more sense

e: weird, too, from a Polish developer.

e2: oh wait, the region thing is on Steam and they just copy-pasted the former Soviet Union

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 19, 2020

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Sininu posted:

Friend got me Spiritfarer for my birthday and I thought I'd repay with Dying Light so we can play it together. Bought DL:TF-EE from Humble store and gave the kee to him. He was not able to activate it.

Turned out Moldova has special RU version and no other version is allowed to activate. WTF. This sucks so much. Nothing on Humble store page about the region issues either, they usually include countries that you can or can't activate in.
I couldn't even activate it for him on my Estonian connection so it's based on Steam account or payment method location.

E: Also ask for games, more than one is fine

Fluffy Horde
Think of the Children
Quest of Dungeons
Primal Carnage: Extinction
Paper Fire Rookie
Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom
Boundless
Vikings - Wolves of Midgard
Steel Rats

Desert Child

F1 2019 Anniversary Edition

I'll take Vikings and Primal Carnage, if that's not too much.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Sininu posted:

Humble support are pretty decent, in my experience - could you ask them to swap it for the right key?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Sininu posted:

Quest of Dungeons

This looks like it could be fun if you sill have it, thanks.

e: and received. Cheers mate!

Gromit fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 19, 2020

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mordja posted:

Lot of planetside gameplay in this Everspace 2 video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_8v5VZM-rg

This seems neat and though it's hard to tell from video alone I think the flight model looks way better than Everspace 1. My main concern is that they do a lot of cuts moving between those planetary objectives and I worry they've gone for planets way larger than necessary with a bunch of lovely travel time.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It looks like GAMEDEC got a free demo a week ago. Has anybody tried it yet? I'm downloading it now!

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Hades good. My new run based game with Dead Cells getting a little old in the tooth for me. Feels very good and responsive. Glad it's finally on Steam and officially released, my inner child that was obsessed with Ancient Greek Mythology is very happy.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

What happens in Dragon Age: Inquisition when your crit chance exceeds 100%? Not asking for a friend, check out this fully sick bow I just crafted:

right now I have 97% crit chance lol

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 20, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Phlegmish posted:

right now I have 97% crit chance lol

Lucky you're not playing XCOM, your soldiers would be missing every shot they take.

Orv
May 4, 2011
DA:I is an intensely boring game mechanically so I'm guessing you just crit with every shot instead of something fun happening and you go over and cause integer problems.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

pentyne posted:

Sucks for them. Saw the same and they pleaded with me to vote.

In other news, The Turing Test was a pretty fun game. The standard puzzles never got to crazy, to the benefit and detriment of the later game. You start getting a few new tricks after chapter 4 but there's never a natural growth to more and more complex puzzles everything is pretty easily solved in 5 minutes. Some of them were easy enough to break via exploiting game mechanics that most YT solutions are less then 2 minutes even for the "long" ones.

The story is kind of there; it wants to have all this meaning about the power of AI, the ability to truly think/feel, and the human/AI conflict and it stays interesting for most of it not really able to maintain the hype all the way through.

The puzzle mechanics are based around a gun, the ability to absorb/deploy energy balls to power outlets, and a few other things. There's nothing more complicated then setting up a series of various energy balls in the right order so the automated patterns operate so that you can proceed. The special rooms are either trivial or insanely impossible but those "special" mechanics are never added to the regular puzzles.

I'm pretty sure I got the game in a bundle or something. It was a nice brain exercise lasting 4-5 hours and I got the dopamine rush when I was able to figure out a somewhat tricky puzzle all on my own.

Sorry that I'm days late to this, but I've gotta ask: since the game you compared The Turing Test to in your other post was Portal, have you played The Talos Principle? While I liked Turing well enough like you, while playing it I couldn't help but keep comparing it to Talos the whole time. The puzzles keep going up in challenge (and the DLC picks up from the base game's hardest puzzles and keeps going up), secret challenges often involve interaction between different puzzles, new gadgets you unlock are spread throughout the rest of the game, and I even felt that it handled its story about AI better.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Orv posted:

DA:I is an intensely boring game mechanically so I'm guessing you just crit with every shot instead of something fun happening and you go over and cause integer problems.

I liked what the original Fallout games had with crits that rolled over 100 on the effect table (crits rolled a second time on a set of tables depending on body part) where you’d start seeing instant death and stuff. It meant that a high-crit character with high luck and the better criticals perk could hit for zero damage and still kill or cripple an enemy.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I like Warframe's handling of it of "You want 400% crit? Go crazy, kid, here's extra red numbers for your trouble."

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Orv posted:

I like Warframe's handling of it of "You want 400% crit? Go crazy, kid, here's extra red numbers for your trouble."

Yeah megacrits loving own

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's really lame if the excess crit chance is just wasted. At least I'll know I have to focus exclusively on Dexterity from that point on.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

exquisite tea posted:

It looks like GAMEDEC got a free demo a week ago. Has anybody tried it yet? I'm downloading it now!

it lets you see your apartment and one office to set up a case and when you go to the next area they say "wow we didnt put any limits on this demo you can explore anything! for the next 2 minutes :haw:" and they put a 2 minute timer in the corner and boot you out at the end lol.

the dialogue system was cool. and the computer in your apartment has a joke about star citizen on it.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Aiden is not content to simply press F to pay respects. Instead he plays on his phone and then jumps over the tombstone to mourn.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
God-drat, the iconicity of that cap.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Anyone having issues with Hades? I was talking to people after my latest death, the game froze up, and I had to quit it. I restarted the game, luckily I was back at where you respawn, and then the game froze. Waited a bit longer, started the game, it crashed and an automated error message submission form was made. Anyone getting things like that or is it just my computer? I'll probably check to see if it's on my end or not.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
That's probably just you, most people in the Hades thread have never had a crash, bad luck.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I just cleared Hades for the first time, and followed it up with two runs with different weapons, which were also clears. I enjoyed it, but I don't have much drive to continue playing it. The main problem, I think, is a lack of content. It could use more bosses (rather than the slim variations you get on floors one and 2), maybe some secret floors, etc. Compared to something like Enter the Gungeon, it just feels really light for this type of game. I felt the same way about Dead Cells. Each run ends up feeling too similar to the last.

It looks like I'll need to clear it 7 more times to see the end credits. Not sure if I want to grind that out or not.

I still dug it, though, and got a solid 12 hours of enjoyment out of it.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yves Guillemot just banged at the door and now he's yelling from the other side of it about how I'm watching a screenshot of the Iconic Cap but still haven't purchased it.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

That's not The Iconic Cap. :colbert:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Kennel posted:

That's not The Iconic Cap. :colbert:

Agreed

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

il serpente cosmico posted:

I just cleared Hades for the first time, and followed it up with two runs with different weapons, which were also clears. I enjoyed it, but I don't have much drive to continue playing it. The main problem, I think, is a lack of content. It could use more bosses (rather than the slim variations you get on floors one and 2), maybe some secret floors, etc. Compared to something like Enter the Gungeon, it just feels really light for this type of game. I felt the same way about Dead Cells. Each run ends up feeling too similar to the last.

It looks like I'll need to clear it 7 more times to see the end credits. Not sure if I want to grind that out or not.

I still dug it, though, and got a solid 12 hours of enjoyment out of it.

Yeah, I get that they are targeting the people who like to endlessly replay a rogue-like after they have beaten it once, but it feels like there is a huge grind to reach the true end of the game. After I beat one run legitimately. I turned on godmode and modded the broker so I could have infinite resources, but its still a giant hassle. I don't even want to imagine how long it would take if you are just playing normally.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm struggling to think of the game, but I remember one had a system where if crit chance exceeded 100% then you got a guaranteed crit and then the excess chance became the odds of getting a second free crit off the same attack. I liked that.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

A Sometimes Food posted:

I'm struggling to think of the game, but I remember one had a system where if crit chance exceeded 100% then you got a guaranteed crit and then the excess chance became the odds of getting a second free crit off the same attack. I liked that.

That's the way Warframe works.
If your weapon has 100 damage, a 3x critical multiplier, and 125% crit chance, you'll have a 75% chance to do 300 damage and a 25% chance to do 500 damage.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

:toot:

okay Dawn of War 2 OWNS and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes the idea of a Diablo/RTS hybrid or who loves Warhammer 40k, it's like the best game for that franchise, period. That was a LOT of fun to do co-op with only one glitch in ten hours, and I got to kill SO many orks. :D

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Chaos Rising is even better

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Ok, this time Lex Averial seems to be encouraging me to "vote for our team". How many people actually got compromised by those bots?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Check Retribution after Chaos Rising.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Oh yeah, Dawn of War 2 owns all round, but I think the co-op element was particularly underrated for how much fun it is.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
CR's the one DOW2 I never actually owned/played. It's also where Last Stand originated, right, or did that come with Retribution?

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Another hijcaked account:

SA: Gus Hobbleton
Steam: [TEAM GUS] Gus (Gus)

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Just got that same message from Lex Averial on Steam, who was a Goon on the Steam Gift Thread from a while back.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Fart of Presto posted:

Another hijcaked account:

SA: Gus Hobbleton
Steam: [TEAM GUS] Gus (Gus)

What team is that “Gus” guy supposed to be on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I own all the Dawn of War 2 DLC, have no fear, we'll be checking that out!