Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

The current understanding is that the terpene profile of different strains is what determines the type of high you have.

i feel like sometimes these differences between "types of high" are so subtle and minor that they are completely overriden by things like what kind of music you are listening to or whether you have a cup of coffee while you are smoking or what kind of mood you are in and all kinds of other factors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I was notified today that I hit 1000 points (membership program) at a dispensary near me, which gives me $100 in-store credit. I'm now weed-rich from the dispensary, and I didn't spend a dime :420:

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Zipperelli. posted:

I was notified today that I hit 1000 points (membership program) at a dispensary near me, which gives me $100 in-store credit. I'm now weed-rich from the dispensary, and I didn't spend a dime :420:

That's awesome. How much do you have to spend per point?

My dispensary gives out a free joint if it's your birthday and has a program that donates trim to go towards edibles for terminal cancer patients that can't afford cannabis.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Entorwellian posted:

That's awesome. How much do you have to spend per point?

My dispensary gives out a free joint if it's your birthday and has a program that donates trim to go towards edibles for terminal cancer patients that can't afford cannabis.

It looks like it's a point per dollar spent. I never looked or checked up on it until today, so this is probably 6-7 months of points just accruing. I also signed up for text notifications when I buy in the future so it tells me how many points I have *and* so I don't forget that I have rewards.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
really loving high right now :cheers:

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

Y'all just spending too much time smoking that Mary-jo Huanna when you could be learnin' about the current events.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
But I smoke *because* of current events.

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow
I picked up a pax era and some pods this week and it's much better than I expected. It tastes and hits great with the temperature set right (which was easy in the app). It also seems to be going a long way for the weight.

I wanted a simple discreet way to have a hoot walking or before bed and this is working well so far. Day 5 now. We'll see how it holds up getting through a whole pod

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

bagmonkey posted:

The current understanding is that the terpene profile of different strains is what determines the type of high you have. Some terpene profiles affect people differently, I can't smoke most Cheese strains (definitely not UK Cheese) because it makes me insanely anxious to the point that I'll pace for like an hour. Is it bullshit? I don't know, but I do know that different strains produce different effects for me, and the variations of the smell, which comes from the terpenes, can give me a strong hint of what to expect.

As for creating alphaweed, no joke, I have found that cutting a Cheese strain with something that's way more chill, like a strong kush, helps cut through that anxiousness.

Again, I am not a scientist and all I do is read poo poo on the internet, so take that with a grain of salt. Blue Dream is the best weed though, that's a science fact.

yeah, that's mostly why i ask. i grew a strain that apparently doesnt agree with me, but i have no way of getting anything else until next harvest, so i was wondering if trying to augment it would do anything. and the answer is, maybe? i'll probably try anyway just for shits and giggles.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
If it's strain related anxiety you might get what you want by adding a little high cbd flower or concentrate.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
My old dispensary didn't have a points system, but I did once win tickets to see Reel Big Fish from them and when I went to pick them up they said I was the only one who entered because no one else cared about Reel Big Fish in tyool 2016

I too have strain-related anxiety with certain stuff so I've just kept a page in a notebook with strains that are bad for my brain and strains that I particularly like, like a bad weed nerd. :420: also I agree with Cheese guy on those being less anxiety inducing strains, throwing in for Cookies strains and Master Kush too

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

Antioch posted:

But I smoke *because* of current events.

This. I'm unable to check the news without screaming internally about the latest developments in hellworld, but weed helps keep me okay.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
This might be the best weed I've ever had. My buddy was like, hey man, that's six grams so it'll be 60$ and I'm like dude, my last dealer gave me two bunk edibles for 55$ each last time. I've been high for like 3 days straight and I've smoked about 1/3rd of the bag. Incredible stuff. I'd pay twice that for this poo poo. Insanely good weed. Unbelievable.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

CoolRanch posted:

Went to a headshop that carries a drink that haa a lot of Myrcene in it and it claims to increase the effects of weed. Any experiences?

Mercene is maybe the most touted terpene. It does at least have a plausible mechanism of action; increasing membrane permiability, thus helping the cannabinoids get to your brain. Whether it actually does that though? :shrug:

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
If you're trying to do that it might be better to eat a mango. Mango got a poo poo ton of myrcene in it

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Agrinja posted:

If you're trying to do that it might be better to eat a mango. Mango got a poo poo ton of myrcene in it

tried that a while back and it didn't do anything for me. It's possibly I don't have the objective tolerance to notice a difference to begin with.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

when i was a teenager it was a common belief that smoking a cigarette after smoking a bowl would "increase your high by 15%". i have no idea where that number came from. probably a marketers brain in north carolina.

i dont do that anymore but i do find that coffee and weed go together extremely well and each enhances the high of the other

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The ultimate optimized dose
10 mg THC
10 mg CBD
25 mg caffeine
8 mg nicotine
20 mL ethanol
taken rectally

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I liked getting pretty drunk, then having a cigarette. Neat little rush

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
I drink when I smoke and I smoke when I drink and I drink when I smoke and I smoke when I dr

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Earwicker posted:

i dont do that anymore but i do find that coffee and weed go together extremely well and each enhances the high of the other
I had had a Double Big Gulp of Diet Mtn Dew shortly before trying my first weed anything, a 5 mg sativa gummy. It was not pleasant. I still avoid too much caffeine when I indulge, especially with a more, uh, active variety of weed.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
A 25mg dark chocolate espresso sativa bar can replace my morning coffee. With my morning coffee is :kiss:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

grillster posted:

I drink when I smoke and I smoke when I drink and I drink when I smoke and I smoke when I dr

And this was a wonderful point to close both loops

e now I only drink beer in moderate amounts and I have an e cig, so basically I'm following the grand human tradition of using technology to cheat and avoid consequences

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Earwicker posted:

when i was a teenager it was a common belief that smoking a cigarette after smoking a bowl would "increase your high by 15%". i have no idea where that number came from. probably a marketers brain in north carolina.

Menthol, for certain, gave me some head highs after a bowl or even in-between. I think when you smoke tobacco stems they give you even worse head highs and that could be where the perception comes from.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Weird thread, if I were to break open an old Vape cartridge and use alcohol to extract the glue inside, what would be the best way to use it? You can’t just drink it like normal because the THC falls outs of solution if You try and dilute it.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Crack it open, hold it with something tong-like and blast it with a hair dryer to get it flowing and drain it into your banger/sai/storage jar

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Earwicker posted:

I definitely heard that exact number, probably from a high times or something.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I definitely heard that exact number, probably from a high times or something.

You’re supposed to vape with your rear end while you smoke a stoge I think. Like, the anxiety and humiliation is supposed to get you more stoned. :thunk:

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 21, 2020

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I got all these like colored lights scattered through my room and they make this place look like a fairy palace. Incredible. Weed is the best thing I've ever seen.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Watching Mandy ftw

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Used a little bit of the stimulus to buy 6 wifi RGB bulbs best decor purchase ever.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Day 164 of an unbroken wake'n'vape'til'bedtime marathon

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Well that looks complicated

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Inspector Hound posted:

Well that looks complicated

Not really. It's just a load of ice water cooling attached to a vape.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
It's very nice!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

It's very nice!

Thanks. It's loving amazing, and I can continue to get wasted (more so) since I was forced to give up smoking.

The ice bong is normally filled to the brim with ice, and I use the ash catcher to blow and collect water as the cubes melt. It's easier to empty that than the actual bong itself. The top of the bong has a silicone bung with a hole in, which sits an Arizer balloon glass stem, and that has a 1m platinum cured silicone tube which has a glass mouthpiece at the other end.

Each chamber can easily last 2 hours or more, starting at 190C and gradually working all the way up to 250C, and I get the same levels of titration as I used to get with joints.

I've had to put the dynavap to one side for now, as my lungs were screaming every time I used it. They are actually starting to improve now that I've switched to the EQ.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

fuctifino posted:

Thanks. It's loving amazing, and I can continue to get wasted (more so) since I was forced to give up smoking.

The ice bong is normally filled to the brim with ice, and I use the ash catcher to blow and collect water as the cubes melt. It's easier to empty that than the actual bong itself. The top of the bong has a silicone bung with a hole in, which sits an Arizer balloon glass stem, and that has a 1m platinum cured silicone tube which has a glass mouthpiece at the other end.

Each chamber can easily last 2 hours or more, starting at 190C and gradually working all the way up to 250C, and I get the same levels of titration as I used to get with joints.

I've had to put the dynavap to one side for now, as my lungs were screaming every time I used it. They are actually starting to improve now that I've switched to the EQ.

May your memories of 2020 be as cloudy as your vapes!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

klapman posted:

Watching Mandy ftw

I got to see Mandy on premier night while on a bunch of edibles. It was fuckin' mind bending in the best god drat way

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Also, I bought a new bike this weekend and worked around the house a ton and totally forgot to go to the dispensary so, maybe one of these days!! I could probably still last another month with my ridiculous quarantine stash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Agrinja posted:

This. I'm unable to check the news without screaming internally about the latest developments in hellworld, but weed helps keep me okay.

I'm jealous. Smoking/eating when bad things are at the front of my mind only makes things worse.