Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TwoPair posted:

I mean, Tom Holland's 24 and his Peter Parker is still in high school so... yeah. I'd say the door's open for older casting.

They hired him when he was 19.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The studio cares less about age than look anyway.

Those first and third photos sell highschooler just fine.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah Hollywood would never cast someone in their 30s as a high schooler or anything

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress casting kids. I don't give a poo poo if the actor is 47 playing a high schooler, quit exploiting loving children.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Also, I usually hate child actors.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Also, I usually hate child actors.

They are usually terrible and it breaks them and they grow into broken adults.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I know this was a few days ago but wow, that's an amazing get!

I'm so excited for the 2022 Disney+ shows! It makes the rest of the lineup a lot less exciting by comparison.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s rarely ever the fault of the kids though. It’s the horrible loving parents who use their kid’s talent and don’t give a poo poo about what it does to them.

The worst example in recent memory is the Stranger Things girl being manipulated into feeling incredibly guilty for not taking a dozen roles each year because her entire deadbeat family uses her as their sole source of income.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It’s rarely ever the fault of the kids though. It’s the horrible loving parents who use their kid’s talent and don’t give a poo poo about what it does to them.

The worst example in recent memory is the Stranger Things girl being manipulated into feeling incredibly guilty for not taking a dozen roles each year because her entire deadbeat family uses her as their sole source of income.

And it's doubtful they cared a lot she was/is being groomed by Drake.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj9J2ecsSpo

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy poo poo that looks amazing.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I laughed at Vision wearing the Halloween costume version of one of his comic outfits

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

:drat:

Coming soon but not soon enough. I’m really looking forwards to how they work with the whole Wanda/vision/vision’s death and how Wanda typically handles that.

E:

FlamingLiberal posted:

I laughed at Vision wearing the Halloween costume version of one of his comic outfits

Wanda does the same, too

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I find it funny that the comics had decades to build up the potential weirdness of their relationship but in the movies the sum total of their relationship is maybe ten minutes of screentime? I know comics-to-movies always have a strong recency bias but the leap they're doing here seems big. But in a good way. Weird is good.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Motherfuck that looks good. Who's Katheryn Hahn playing? Is she Agatha Harkness?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's Monica Rambeau who goes flying and ends up on the ground at 1:07 right?

rantmo posted:

Motherfuck that looks good. Who's Katheryn Hahn playing? Is she Agatha Harkness?

Her credit is "nosy neighbor".

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Oh poo poo, I forgot Monica Rambeau was going to be in this somehow. Happy to see Kitty Forman again too, but for some reason my brain short-circuited and I thought the bearded guy in that scene was Paul Bartel.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Lobok posted:

I find it funny that the comics had decades to build up the potential weirdness of their relationship but in the movies the sum total of their relationship is maybe ten minutes of screentime? I know comics-to-movies always have a strong recency bias but the leap they're doing here seems big. But in a good way. Weird is good.

It kind of sucks and feels a little weird, but I did think Bettany and Olsen did a pretty good job of selling it with the very small amount of time they had.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

How am I just now noticing that the show's logo looks like that :doh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shirkelton posted:

It kind of sucks and feels a little weird, but I did think Bettany and Olsen did a pretty good job of selling it with the very small amount of time they had.

Yeah plus there was a not so short amount of time between Civil War and Infinity War that could reasonably have them explore a relationship.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Shirkelton posted:

As a comics fan it's great to have movies for action spectacle but it's better to have TV shows to explore the characters and slice-of-life aspects and minutiae. So while a part of me wanted more big budget CG for The Adventures of Hex Lass and Mister Intangible, I'm totally down for a quirky character drama exploring various genre styles and tropes that the movies would be too... boring/restrained to ever do.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That looks so fun and basically amazing. Give it to me now Marvel!

Also, so awesome to see Katheryn Hahn!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

rantmo posted:

Yeah. Subtitles have her as "Agnes" and the couple is "Mr. Heart" and "Mrs. Heart" in case that means anything. Definitely Monica at the end.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
According to what I've read that yea, Hahn is playing Agetha Harkness. I mean that makes sense with her being dressed as a witch there.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
GodDAMN I watched that trailer three times and still got goosebumps on Hahn’s line “Because you are” on the third viewing. So hyped.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
My theory is that Wanda's powers are either going to uncontrollably evolve into being more like the Reality Stone instead of the Mind Stone, or else they'll just retcon it so that her powers were actually always Reality Stone-based even though she was originally empowered by the Mind Stone, shh just don't think about it too much~

The part where she transfigures the furniture in the room into different styles is definitely straight up reality manipulation.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BrianWilly posted:

My theory is that Wanda's powers are either going to uncontrollably evolve into being more like the Reality Stone instead of the Mind Stone, or else they'll just retcon it so that her powers were actually always Reality Stone-based even though she was originally empowered by the Mind Stone, shh just don't think about it too much~

The part where she transfigures the furniture in the room into different styles is definitely straight up reality manipulation.

I could accept they just say that because she was snapped then unsnapped, her powers mutated. Or maybe this is taking place in some unreality when she is snapped, because of her connection to the stones she wasn't just gone, but in that weird place where baby Gamora was?

Paul Betteny is such a good actor, he really should be a bigger star than he is.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

BrianWilly posted:

I mean they are bringing in mutants at some point so surely the answer would be "turns out she had some kind of genetic predisposition, maybe due to her parentage~"

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

BrianWilly posted:

Based on Captain Marvel and Quicksilver I don't think that being empowered by a stone necessarily gives you powers linked to that stone.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I mean if we go with the comics version of ‘she had a mental break and lost control of her powers/put herself into her own ideal reality’ I don’t think you have to explain much. We saw in her first appearance in Age of Ultron that she could manipulate people with her powers.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Didn't marvel say this is going to lead directly to, or tie in with, Dr Strange part 2? I notice Vision still has the stone on his head in the trailer too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Based on Captain Marvel and Quicksilver I don't think that being empowered by a stone necessarily gives you powers linked to that stone.

Yeah, her brother had superspeed from the Mind stone. She has telekinesis and some kind of telepathy which I guess is semi related right now. Captain Marvel has energy manipulation from the Space stone.

Plus the twins don't have similar powers at all, so it's all just random.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

badjohny posted:

Didn't marvel say this is going to lead directly to, or tie in with, Dr Strange part 2? I notice Vision still has the stone on his head in the trailer too.
Yes this is going to lead into Dr Strange 2

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I went to the same highschool at the same time she did so seeing her as she hulk is gonna feel really weird at first.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
So IMDB has an actor in WandaVision listed as a S.W.O.R.D. agent . . . doesn't SWORD protect the earth from alien threats? It seems like Fury may have been on board of a SWORD base at the end of Far From Home, but why would SWORD be involved with whatever is going on with Wanda?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Monica's there so it could be related to her.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Same dude has a minor role in FaWS, for what it's worth.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Jagermonster posted:

So IMDB has an actor in WandaVision listed as a S.W.O.R.D. agent . . . doesn't SWORD protect the earth from alien threats? It seems like Fury may have been on board of a SWORD base at the end of Far From Home, but why would SWORD be involved with whatever is going on with Wanda?

Well with the Scarlet Witch it was only natural it would become a 'Sword & Sorcery' series.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Aphrodite posted:

Monica's there so it could be related to her.

So's Darcy, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Jagermonster posted:

I'm willing to bet they're gonna make a whole thing about how SWORD in this is just a more pro-active, longer reaching SHIELD when you get down to it, it's just Earth is only one part of their concern