Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ravens really need to give Trace McSorley some in-game reps imo, otherwise how is he ever going to develop!?! I’ve decided he’s the next Tom Brady with no evidence and this is the hill I’m going to die on this season because I’m an interminable crank about my own team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

yes Greg Roman devised a brilliant offensive scheme that set records and guided his QB to an MVP, but clearly he doesn't know how many snaps his rookie RB should be getting (like I do)

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

u got mad at me for comparing mark ingram to mark ingram and then just now compared the 2009 ravens offense to the 2020 ravens offense lol

anyway players get multiple seasons, training camps and preseasons to show something. there has not been a single ~wasted talent~ ravens wr. i do not understand why you are still crying tears over mark claytons illustrious career. on top of which a dude getting 30% of his team snaps is not getting zero chances!! thats a gently caress ton of snaps for a rookie at a position the ravens have no need for. if they were this curmdgeony never play rookies team why the gently caress are they playing this rookie so much lol.

Jk dobbins has more offensive snaps this year than gus edwards, and 5 less than mark ingram

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Sep 21, 2020

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

anyway players get multiple seasons, training camps and preseasons to show something. there has not been a single ~wasted talent~ ravens wr.

~*~good night sweet prince~*~

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

THA GOD

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kawalimus is permanently stuck remembering the halcyon days of his youth, watching a young up-and-coming Ravens team make a name for itself in the NFL, and now nothing they can do will live up to those nostalgia-soaked memories. It’s Boomer-brain for a football team.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

20 TFL yesterday. lol

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I don't see how Kawalimus is at all wrong here or that he's mad at all. In fact, i'd say that Pop Dog is blatantly wrong (you draft a guy to use him, not sit him on a shelf to look pretty for the future) and mad.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lol wtf 20 TFLs is the kind of stat you may not get even playing Madden in the lowest difficulty

also Perriman has the GOAT hairline so I say the first round pick was well spent

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm Thomas the loving tank engine of the Dobbins train but let's all just relax here. He'll get his. Gus and Ingram were just fine yesterday.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Doltos posted:

I don't see how Kawalimus is at all wrong here or that he's mad at all. In fact, i'd say that Pop Dog is blatantly wrong (you draft a guy to use him, not sit him on a shelf to look pretty for the future) and mad.

hes being used a lot and will get used more as time goes on doltoid. ive never been mad

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
it’s ok to get mad. For instance, I’m mad right now (level 3, noisy zoom breather [not me] on this call)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Madness comes and goes, obsession is forever

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

hell, dare I say I get mad at times too

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Mystic Stylez posted:

hell, dare I say I get mad at times too

when was the last time you were mad

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Time posted:

when was the last time you were mad

somebody called him Lamer Jackson. was fuming

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if im being honest im still mad that in 2011 someone joined the sports irc channel and told me the ravens suck

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Well, they do. Just not for being bad at football reasons

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Whats the argument behind browns classic not sucking?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Ghost Dog posted:

if im being honest im still mad that in 2011 someone joined the sports irc channel and told me the ravens suck

The ravens suck!!!!!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mystic Stylez posted:

Lamer Jackson

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

lol if your ever not mad about football

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Mystic Stylez posted:

Lamer Jackson

Can’t believe I never saw this one.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

5'9" 180lb slot corner Mike Hilton setting the edge on 6'6" 260lb TE Nick Vannett

:laugh:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

D-LINK posted:

20 TFL yesterday. lol
it's good, op

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

One thing I think would help big time to solidify that 12-4 mark is making Dobbins the featured back as soon as we can.

Dobbins is not good at pass protection. Its a big reason why he's not getting snaps. Its a big reason why rookie RBs, even when they are effective runners, see their snaps get cut into. Edwards and Ingram are way way better in pass pro than Dobbins.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

If you go back and watch the game (a big ask for Kawalimus, who I assume leaves his house in the 3rd quarter to beat the traffic back home) Dobbins missed a block badly in the first quarter and in the first two weeks, Lamar still has to point out to him who he should pick up in pass pro. It will get better with time. Ray Rice didn't play a whole hell of a lot his first season either.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

imagine looking at the Ravens and thinking that you, a casual rear end fan, could know any more than this coaching staff about their own personnel

I was 100% right when I yelled at this stupid rear end team to start Brown over Hurst or whoever the hell was playing RT in 2018.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

leaves his house in the 3rd quarter to beat the traffic back home

lmfao

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Borsche69 posted:

If you go back and watch the game (a big ask for Kawalimus, who I assume leaves his house in the 3rd quarter to beat the traffic back home) Dobbins missed a block badly in the first quarter and in the first two weeks, Lamar still has to point out to him who he should pick up in pass pro. It will get better with time. Ray Rice didn't play a whole hell of a lot his first season either.

I do remember Rices snaps being limited early as well. Although he had a season ending injury like partway through so who knows what it would have been later in the season.

The pass protection thing does make sense.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Rookie running backs sucking at blocking to the point where they don't really see the field is basically a trope. Does it have to not be true to be a trope?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

It isn't tho. I don't know about other teams, but the only Steelers RB who I've seen ready for NFL pass pro as a rookie was Le'V Bell. He's unique that way, and to my knowledge he's still never given up a sack in pass pro

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No what I'm saying is that it is true.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

This guy thinks rookie running backs are good at blocking

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Eifert Posting posted:

Rookie running backs sucking at blocking to the point where they don't really see the field is basically a trope. Does it have to not be true to be a trope?

Depends on the size and willingness to block. Rookies are usually smaller than everyone else on the field so their pass protection is harder, but not impossible. Dobbins definitely has to get bigger for pass protection.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Derrick Henry barely got on the field his first years as a pro and at Bama due to pass protection stuff

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Mixon still loses passing snaps to Gio because Gio somehow blocks like he isn't 5 foot 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

can't stop watching this insane pick

https://twitter.com/NFLUK/status/1307798118403059713