Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Chev posted:

Dunno if you've seen those big Valve leaks a few years back, but Valve jobs are anything but cushy unless you're, say, Gabe's best pal. Instead the "management-less" management style just makes it hell because you've gotta figure out who the shadow cabal of invisible managers currently is before you get on their bad side, like a company-wide permanent live action game of Among Us where your employment's on the line. On top of that they periodically hire Cool Devs, people who are liked by twitter and suchlike because they've made cool stuff, who can then tweet that they've been hired by Valve so Valve get Cool Cred, then can quietly leave less than a year later to focus on their own projects but it really is because it was a media op and they never were a fit for Valve's weirdo illuminati cutthroat bullshit in the first place, they were just there to be Cool, so Zach could've been one of those.

This exact same thing happened with the 17-year-old they brought into the studio to help them work on VR stuff (Zach Tsiakalis-Brown, who made some Steam Knuckles tech demos and the game Vertigo) and then he left before Alyx was even finished. My favorite thing was how everyone hated Alyx's ladders for being just teleporters, and this single guy uploads a video to youtube with something infinitely better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKPVp-PnZ6s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
As far as giant billion dollar purchases I would think they're done for the time being, but I could see them continuing to buy up smaller studios.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

why do we not have any Gravity Rush games in VR anyway

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hwurmp posted:

why do we not have any Gravity Rush games in VR anyway

:barf:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sony could probably use some mid-tier acquisitions that can flip out IPs every 2-3 years instead of $100 million juggernauts that take 8 years to make a game.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Can I just type 0451 into a web page poll somewhere and force them to make Prey 2?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Nintendo should buy Sega and put Kiryu in Smash just IMHO

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
it's kind of weird that FPS havent advanced at all since Goldeneye on the n64. they added a second control stick for controller-fps but thats about it. even then quake or something probably deserves that spot

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Someone buy experience inc and give them a budget and checkpoints

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Khanstant posted:

it's kind of weird that FPS havent advanced at all since Goldeneye on the n64. they added a second control stick for controller-fps but thats about it. even then quake or something probably deserves that spot

lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They added a two-gun limit, and reload animations

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Regenerating health? Bodies that don’t disappear after a few secs?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Regenerating health? Bodies that don’t disappear after a few secs?

The ability to crouch up and down on top of bodies that don't disappear after a few secs

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i mean first off theyre saying all fps also secondly its a funny joke

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

thirdly who does number two work for

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The reloading animation for the Cyclone in Perfect Dark was so slick and to this day basically unmatched.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

all fps games have been stagnant since super mario

Weedle
May 31, 2006

dramatically increasing efficiency of play by condensing the game area down to a single, lushly-decorated corridor and introducing npcs to encourage the player to continue moving down the corridor

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
It looks like the next console generation is clear. Get Xbox for Fallout 77, get PS5 for NepNep

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

LawfulWaffle posted:

It looks like the next console generation is clear. Get Xbox for Fallout 77, get PS5 for NepNep

Guess it's back to the xbox

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Weedle posted:

dramatically increasing efficiency of play by condensing the game area down to a single, lushly-decorated corridor and introducing npcs to encourage the player to continue moving down the corridor

deus ex came out after goldeneye, which is an extremely linear game mostly focused on walking around corridors

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

deus ex came out after goldeneye, which is an extremely linear game mostly focused on walking around corridors

What a shame

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[smacks lips]

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Finally playing through Blood and yeah FPS games haven't evolved at all since Blood.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khanstant posted:

:eyepop:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If you showed 7 year old goldeneye fan me a 2020 battle royale game I would probably have said "holy frick!!"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The missus just sent me tracking info for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim that she apparently bought me so I guess I'm now excited about 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Khanstant posted:

it's kind of weird that FPS havent advanced at all since Goldeneye on the n64.

technically true, but only because FPS haven't advanced at all since Eye of the Beholder

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I wanna check out BPM because Doom Eternal was basically an FPS CAG and that game seems to be making the next logical leap by giving you letter rankings.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i refuse the categorisation of fps cag bcos quake defined fps in many ways and is also that type of fps game

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

If you showed 7 year old goldeneye fan me a 2020 battle royale game I would probably have said "holy frick!!"

and you'd get the belt because dad & god both know what word you were saying in your heart

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
*walks into the "new" FPS*
*oh... more just shooting people*

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
humans can't even achieve world peace across videogames how could anyone ever think they could do any better in IRL

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This exact same thing happened with the 17-year-old they brought into the studio to help them work on VR stuff (Zach Tsiakalis-Brown, who made some Steam Knuckles tech demos and the game Vertigo) and then he left before Alyx was even finished. My favorite thing was how everyone hated Alyx's ladders for being just teleporters, and this single guy uploads a video to youtube with something infinitely better

I am charmed that they refer to non VR 3D games as "pancake' games.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

humans can't even achieve world peace across videogames how could anyone ever think they could do any better in IRL

I 100% did that in Civ

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

doingitwrong posted:

I am charmed that they refer to non VR 3D games as "pancake' games.

isn't VR just two pancakes strapped to their eyes?

RBA Starblade posted:

I 100% did that in Civ

ok then how come when I open civ some bastard is still attacking me for having all the good luxury?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

ok then how come when I open civ some bastard is still attacking me for having all the good luxury?

You're on the wrong Earth, also, because you didn't build enough archers and a swordsman early enough to crush them

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
world peace yet using war??????????????????????? i thought war was just for science, religion, and cultural victory

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It wasn’t called the Peacesaw Pact !!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Now to google Warsaw Pact and see if that post made sense