Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Stux posted:

right its actually bad the ps5 is selling out already, this only helps ms

just saying people still have months to decide what to buy because neither console has almost any units to buy until after Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ethanol posted:

what games are in the first 2 years is what really matters for initial console sales, preorders are just a small slice.

i know some people liked it but i was a huge new vegas fan and despite being excited for the game i was pretty disappointed and stopped playing

I beat it and it sucked

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Zerot posted:

A new Elder Scrolls game comes out rarely enough that I don't think it's a big deal. Might be good because fans of the genre might be more likely to buy an Xbox now than before.

Are people going to stop playing Witcher games when a new Elder Scrolls game comes out?

I mean, I don’t know. maybe. But they both seem to be doing well enough right now.

Witcher 3 still seems to be selling briskly and ppl playing it (esp because of the show) and Skyrim still moves gangbuster units in 2020, was relatively recently ported to VR on two platforms and put on a Nintendo portable device, and TESO is apparently good and big enough to be a healthy, thriving MMO.

So maybe two fantasy games can exist under the same publisher.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Ok Comboomer posted:

Are people going to stop playing Witcher games when a new Elder Scrolls game comes out?

I mean, I don’t know. maybe. But they both seem to be doing well enough right now.

Witcher 3 still seems to be selling briskly and ppl playing it (esp because of the show) and Skyrim still moves gangbuster units in 2020, was relatively recently ported to VR on two platforms and put on a Nintendo portable device, and TESO is apparently good and big enough to be a healthy, thriving MMO.

So maybe two fantasy games can exist under the same publisher.
well there is no witcher game now. we're getting cyberpunk. I honestly think of elder scrolls / skyrim as a rpg subgenre that has yet to be captured by another game. it's more than just the open world. witcher 3 is much more traditional open world rpg imo, closer to ubisoft's formula.

even if there was a witcher game coming out, if elder scrolls is truly an exclusive to pc and xbox only of course that is going to increase xbox marketshare. There's no point arguing against it, its a huge series... colossal. we're talking about a series with horrible ports on ps3 outselling pc because console audience is so huge for it.

that's assuming... they have a es6 coming out, which currently seems to be far in the future

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Improves both imo

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
Microsoft can use all their IPs to make a smash brothers clone. But instead of half the roster bei.g generic sword guys its generic doomguy clones.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Numlock posted:

Microsoft can use all their IPs to make a smash brothers clone. But instead of half the roster bei.g generic sword guys its generic doomguy clones.

PS3's Smash Brothers clone went terribly.

Microsoft should do a Master Chief & Doomguy at the Tokyo Olympic Games 2020.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

dissolving 343 and having id make halo is actually ht best idea ive heard today

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

imagine having to buy a developer every year for the rest of your life

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Stux posted:

yeah everyone wild about obsidian finally doing another fallout after seeing what theyve been missing out on with [chehcks notes] outer Worlds

Would fallout going from Bethetic to Obisidian be an upgrade, downgrade, or lateral move? (lateral move)

It’s like when they got Joss Whedon to replace Zack Snyder making Justice League

Thom12255 posted:

Yes they bought all the studios owned by Zenimax with includes TESO (which is already on gamepass).

oh word! Gonna get GamePass now, I’ve always been TESO-curious but never felt like buying it

ethanol posted:

well there is no witcher game now. we're getting cyberpunk. I honestly think of elder scrolls / skyrim as a rpg subgenre that has yet to be captured by another game. it's more than just the open world. witcher 3 is much more traditional open world rpg imo, closer to ubisoft's formula.

even if there was a witcher game coming out, if elder scrolls is truly an exclusive to pc and xbox only of course that is going to increase xbox marketshare. There's no point arguing against it, its a huge series... colossal. we're talking about a series with horrible ports on ps3 outselling pc because console audience is so huge for it.

that's assuming... they have a es6 coming out, which currently seems to be far in the future

Agreed, I just meant that the idea that good and popular fantasy games steal market share from each other doesn’t seem to bear out. Like people give enough of a poo poo about Kingdoms of Amalur for that to be getting some fresh attention. More content=more consumption, period. Netflix proves this every year.

And especially now with COVID and into a post-2020 future.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Microsoft Smash would be cool and have stuff like An Airplane and Zoo Animals

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Gutcruncher posted:

Microsoft Smash would be cool and have stuff like An Airplane and Zoo Animals

Sega did it already:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

MechaSeinfeld posted:

imagine having to buy a developer every year for the rest of your life

:vince:

Thread title, pls

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Twerk from Home posted:

Sega did it already:

Hornet v. Janet

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Twerk from Home posted:

Sega did it already:

Fighters Megamix kicked rear end.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Twerk from Home posted:

Sega did it already:

Here’s the switch port...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

outer wilds was good too

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Twerk from Home posted:

Sega did it already:

this is the ideal video game

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
I wonder what this means for the Bethesda Launcher
will Microsoft axe it and let users transfer their games to the Microsoft Store

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BoosterDuck posted:

I wonder what this means for the Bethesda Launcher
will Microsoft just let users transfer their games to the Microsoft Store

Does the bethesda launcher reliably install games on windows and not cause horrific drive issues? If so the migration should go the other way

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Skyrim is coming to Gamepass permanently? drat, looks like I'm getting gay lizard people married again

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Lammasu posted:

Skyrim is coming to Gamepass permanently? drat, looks like I'm getting gay lizard people married again

how do you not already have skyrim

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

ethanol posted:

how do you not already have a skyrim

FTFY

I have four versions

four versions of skyrim

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
and if it came out on iOS I’d prolly buy it there too 🤷🏻‍♂️

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
This is a surprise. GamePass is going to shake up the industry now. It was always a good idea but dependant heavily on what games are actually on there and whether things will be available at release or delayed. If they’re releasing AAA games at launch, that is amazing.

Not sure how the tier system works though.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Barudak posted:

Does the bethesda launcher reliably install games on windows and not cause horrific drive issues? If so the migration should go the other way

It sucks just as bad as windows store. Then there was the whole 76 launch where they leaked the credit card info of everyone who bought the collector's edition. Bethesda will be right at home under MS

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Slowpoke! posted:

This is a surprise. GamePass is going to shake up the industry now. It was always a good idea but dependant heavily on what games are actually on there and whether things will be available at release or delayed. If they’re releasing AAA games at launch, that is amazing.

you gotta spend Netflix money to make Netflix money in the streaming world

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
i'm going to buy an xbox, and I'm going to like it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Slowpoke! posted:

Gamepass for PC or Gamepass for Xbox comes with only that platforms offering - 10 bucks a month
Gamepass Ultimate comes with PC+Xbox, xCloud streaming, EA Play, Xbox Live Gold - 15 bucks a month

ethanol posted:

how do you not already have skyrim

I don't own it and would never would have otherwise.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Thom12255 posted:

i'm going to buy an xbox, and I'm going to like it

I touched an xbox, now I’m going to jail

somebody buy all these xboxes!

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I was probably always gonna buy an XSX, but it won't be for a few years.

A few years is probably also when this deal starts having an effect on games...

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Iacen posted:

I was probably always gonna buy an XSX, but it won't be for a few years.

A few years is probably also when this deal starts having an effect on games...

It's looking a bit more attractive to me but I'll probably just end up upgrading to a 3080

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Twerk from Home posted:

Sega did it already:

Hornet is prohibited

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Senator Drinksalot posted:

It's looking a bit more attractive to me but I'll probably just end up upgrading to a 3080

never really need the best graphics card to play bethesda games on max you could go cheaper like a 3060 or something. Just saying, Ofc you're not only playing bethesda games. I want a 3080 myself.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Senator Drinksalot posted:

For the price of an XSX, could I get a computer which would be future proof enough to last a five years or more? Because if I can, then I might not need the Xbox... The PS5 is already pre-ordered.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Iacen posted:

For the price of an XSX, could I get a computer which would be future proof enough to last a five years or more? Because if I can, then I might not need the Xbox... The PS5 is already pre-ordered.

no

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Iacen posted:

No, a pc with close to top of the line specs will run you anywhere from 1200-2000 dollars.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

ethanol posted:

never really need the best graphics card to play bethesda games on max you could go cheaper like a 3060 or something. Just saying, Ofc you're not only playing bethesda games. I want a 3080 myself.

I already have a 1080ti and I can play most things at 4k max but ray tracing looks very enticing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Iacen posted:

No. Nor, possibly, a Series S apparently.

According to the LowSpecGamer video I posted earlier just an equivalent CPU will run you $300