Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Guavanaut posted:

Also worth noting is that Occam's razor is "when there are competing hypotheses for the same prediction, select the solution with the fewest assumptions" not "the simplest explanation is most likely the right one", otherwise 'God did it" and "there are two genders" become correct statements because they're nice and simple, but both make massive assumptions.

e: ^^ Like in that case, "the Tories want to help the country, they're just very bad at it" contains far more assumptions than "they self select for the worst possible people."

Trying to explain to people that Occam's razor does NOT mean the simplest explanation is necessarily the correct one can be quite tough in my experience, people do love 'simplicity'.

Segue:
There's an interesting article in September Physics World about covid-19 lockdown and impacts on the climate. And it isn't as simple and straightforward as images of clear skies over some industrial locations would seem to suggest.

https://physicsworld.com/a/has-the-covid-19-lockdown-changed-earths-climate/

quote:

If the changes associated with the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown have taught us anything it is how very complex the reactions that occur in Earth’s atmosphere are, and how intimately meteorology and atmospheric chemistry are linked. It’s clear that reducing air pollution can have unintended negative consequences, including changed weather patterns and a surge in secondary pollutants. For cities wanting to keep a lid on localized air pollution, and prevent dangerous short-term spikes, the lockdown findings demonstrate that quick fixes aren’t always possible. Instead, the best way of tackling air pollution in cities is to reduce pollution from all the different sources, but even this seemingly benign action could bring its own problems.

Nonetheless, the cost of failing to cut air pollution is far higher. “Continuing to emit greenhouse gases into the atmosphere at the current rate will drive far larger and more sustained temperature rises,” explains Allan. “That, along with changes in the global water cycle, will cause serious impacts for our societies and the ecosystems upon which we depend.”

106:

Roman Empire
Emperor Trajan conquers the Dacian Fortresses of the Orăştie Mountains and surrounds the capital, Sarmizegetusa. ... Trajan annexes the Nabataean Kingdom (with its capital Petra) as the Roman province of Arabia Petraea. The epoch of the calendar of the province of Arabia begins on March 22.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/PeoplesMomentum/status/1308102854545231876
https://twitter.com/LDNRentersUnion/status/1308101871203225600

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Red Oktober posted:

Try tweeting @unblock_list this

edit: nevermind, twitter suspended the account.

The lists above (landlords, grimsby etc) aren't the same - the blocklists are imported by people and private.

Yeah so just to expand a little on this, twitter lists are lists compiled by users, so you can have lists like "People I know IRL" and put your friends and family on there, then go and view a feed of only those people, or e.g. people relevant to your local area (so maybe your councillors, local news etc.). Some arseholes use them and create lists like "Cucks" or some poo poo. If you get put on one of those you can just block the list creator and it'll remove you (even if you quickly block and unblock you'll be removed).

Blocklists are(were?) a separate thing, so you'd go to some website like Block Together (which doesn't currently seem to be working) and search for a blocklist with "TERF" in the title, and you might find a big, curated list of TERF accounts. Sometimes the blocklists are run by a single person or I think some might be run by groups, and often there's also a twitter account associated with it so you can "report" users to the twitter account (again not actually anything officially to do with twitter, it's a people-powered thing) who may then add people to the blocklist. You then "subscribe" to a blocklist, sign in on the website through twitter and allow it access to your account, and bam, you've blocked thousands of TERFs immediately and you'll continue to block new ones as they pop up, provided they get noticed by the person running a blocklist.

So you could for example set one up and ban everybody you see with a British flag in their twitter handle, and we could all sign up to it and have those people blocked for us.

Some blocklists can be a bit overzealous though. I signed up for one and suddenly lost like 30 followers because they were on a TERF list. I have no idea who they were but given that my account bio has "Trans Ally" in I suspect at least a few of them weren't actually TERFs.

As it is for Frankie Boyle though, I think he's just generally a bit block-happy. He blocked me for a very mild comment I made on one of his tweets. Didn't even call him a oval office.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Abolish the privatised aspects of the NHS!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/21/covid-bereaved-call-for-inquiry-into-nhs-111-handling-of-crisis

quote:

Families whose relatives died from Covid-19 in the early period of the pandemic are calling for an inquiry into the NHS 111 service, arguing that many critically ill people were given inadequate advice and told to stay at home.

Lena Vincent, whose partner, Patrick McManus, 60, an NHS staff member for 40 years, died on 19 April, has pursued a complaint about the advice he was given in three 111 calls. She has been told that the calls, handled by two private companies contracted by the NHS to provide the service, were not recorded, so her complaint cannot be investigated further.

NHS England, when asked about the issues raised by bereaved families, including the involvement of the private companies, initially replied with a statement that did not address those questions.

“GPs, nurses, paramedics and other health service staff working in the 111 phone and online service have played a key role in helping millions of people get the right care and advice – whether for coronavirus or any other urgent medical needs,” it said.

Pressed for further information, a spokesman said a separate operation to the general 111 service was set up, called the Coronavirus Response Service (CRS), and it was “run on behalf of NHS 111 by private providers”.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Trying to explain to people that Occam's razor does NOT mean the simplest explanation is necessarily the correct one can be quite tough in my experience, people do love 'simplicity'.
"When you hear hoofbeats, think of horses not zebras" is perhaps the simplest way to explain it while capturing the spirit.

There's a few horse riders around here, and sometimes they even escape off of farms, I had a surreal experience one day a few years back where a dozen escaped horses just ran across a road and through the village streets, and no more was spoken about it, so I wouldn't be making many assumptions. It's possible that it could be zebras by some sequence of events, but each event needs its own added assumption that can be falsified.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1308090040329830402?s=19

Whitty was saying this morning we can't afford to be too weak with our measures but by this afternoon it's become a pointless pub closure and crossed fingers.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Lungboy posted:

Whitty was saying this morning we can't afford to be too weak with our measures but by this afternoon it's become a pointless pub closure and crossed fingers.

What is the point of closing a pub at 10pm! The virus has already had its wicked way. It's like my dad pursuing my sister and I down a country lane when we were 16 and 17 because we were out with our boyfriends past 11pm and I ended up yelling at him that nothing happened after 11pm that couldn't happen at 2pm on a Sunday afternoon.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Guavanaut posted:

"When you hear hoofbeats, think of horses not zebras" is perhaps the simplest way to explain it while capturing the spirit.

There's a few horse riders around here, and sometimes they even escape off of farms, I had a surreal experience one day a few years back where a dozen escaped horses just ran across a road and through the village streets, and no more was spoken about it, so I wouldn't be making many assumptions. It's possible that it could be zebras by some sequence of events, but each event needs its own added assumption that can be falsified.

I think another thing to realise about Occam's Razor is that it's not necessarily about arriving at the correct answer, it's about rejecting unnecessary hypotheses. *Generally* if you hear hoofbeats you're better off to assume it's horses (unless you live in Africa where zebra live or you live next door to the zebra enclosure at the zoo, of course) *until* you have good reason to believe that it's zebras and not horses. You'll be guided to the right answer in shorter time, most of the time, *but not every time*, if you start with the hypothesis which requires the least supposition, and only discard that hypothesis when you're faced with contradictory information.

E: Ah poo poo you already said this and I came in at the end of the discussion without having read the prior posts. My bad.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Lungboy posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't shorter opening hours make pubs... more crowded?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Lungboy posted:

absolutely loving useless, exactly the same as doing nothing at all

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

What is the point of closing a pub at 10pm! The virus has already had its wicked way. It's like my dad pursuing my sister and I down a country lane when we were 16 and 17 because we were out with our boyfriends past 11pm and I ended up yelling at him that nothing happened after 11pm that couldn't happen at 2pm on a Sunday afternoon.

They give the illusion of doing something without actually doing something

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Plus they can blame us when it inevitably fails.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I was at the pub last week (yes I know I'm part of the problem), by 10pm the place was basically empty anyway. The problem was at 5pm when we got there and every table was full.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

EvilHawk posted:

I was at the pub last week (yes I know I'm part of the problem), by 10pm the place was basically empty anyway. The problem was at 5pm when we got there and every table was full.

I sat outside a pub with a cup of coffee for an hour today. I was on my way to Iceland to stock up on frozen veg when a former comrade called me across the road for a debrief on local party happenings. #partoftheproblem.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Lungboy posted:

tough on covid, tough on the causes of covid

also "circuit break" is a dreadful phrase, it suggests an immediate stop in the event of lockdown, should be more like "push kind of hardish on the brakes and hope we don't skid through the guard rail"

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I sat outside a pub with a cup of coffee for an hour today. I was on my way to Iceland to stock up on frozen veg when a former comrade called me across the road for a debrief on local party happenings. #partoftheproblem.

We were celebrating our engagement and sat outside for as long as possible before I started to freeze. Still, could have stayed home.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I have to say this whole "stay at home don't do anything as praxis" thing is very validating for me.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

I am enjoying the constant "oh how are you coping?" questions from people at work. Like... we're fine? I go shopping when I need food and occasionally go to the park/pub to see friends and family. Apart from needing to wear a mask my life literally has not changed.

If everyone was a shut in nerd we would have beaten the virus in a week imo

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

WhatEvil posted:

I think another thing to realise about Occam's Razor is that it's not necessarily about arriving at the correct answer, it's about rejecting unnecessary hypotheses. *Generally* if you hear hoofbeats you're better off to assume it's horses (unless you live in Africa where zebra live or you live next door to the zebra enclosure at the zoo, of course) *until* you have good reason to believe that it's zebras and not horses. You'll be guided to the right answer in shorter time, most of the time, *but not every time*, if you start with the hypothesis which requires the least supposition, and only discard that hypothesis when you're faced with contradictory information.

E: Ah poo poo you already said this and I came in at the end of the discussion without having read the prior posts. My bad.

I like the framing of it as "Don't needlessly multiply entities" which I *think* comes from the first wave of New Atheism, and let's just ignore the rest of the fruit of that particular tree.

To take a regrettably real recent example from my life- you walk into a room and there's a puddle and a guilty-looking dog, you assume the two are related. You don't need to consider the possibility of a previously-unmapped natural spring occuring in your kitchen or the work of a small but particularly angry thunder god offended by your tiling, because these are all extra entities not required to explain the observable facts. Then when you notice the drip from the ceiling that can't be explained by the dog (not with her arthritis) so you check upstairs to find the leaking radiator, and you can safely assume that this is the problem and not that pissing pixies living under the floorboards are drinking the radiator water then pissing through the ceiling.

It's also a good general conspiracy filter. You can say that the moon landings are faked because that's a "simpler" explanation than Project Apollo actually working, but Project Apollo definitely existed and is consistent with all known facts about the moon landings while the conspiracy requires extra entities - the film crews, the sound stage, the facility to manufacture moon rocks, the place where they dumped all the parts built in all the factories around the country - which both fail the general rule by multiplying the amount of entities for that version of reality to work and also fail the special rule of conspiracies that the chance of someone talking goes up exponentially the more people that are involved in the conspiracy.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

radmonger posted:

They are different and complementary. Any time the explanation involving malice is _simpler_ than the one involving incompetence, then malice becomes more the way to bet.

This and GDT’s explanations helped, thanks!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Lungboy posted:

this entire loving country is ruled by yer da who still thinks covid is basically the flu, and that flu is just a slightly bad cold, and who doesn't like ever being told to do anything he didn't already want to do

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Shant Grapps

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

To take a regrettably real recent example from my life- you walk into a room and there's a puddle and a guilty-looking dog, you assume the two are related. You don't need to consider the possibility of a previously-unmapped natural spring occuring in your kitchen or the work of a small but particularly angry thunder god offended by your tiling, because these are all extra entities not required to explain the observable facts. Then when you notice the drip from the ceiling that can't be explained by the dog (not with her arthritis) so you check upstairs to find the leaking radiator, and you can safely assume that this is the problem and not that pissing pixies living under the floorboards are drinking the radiator water then pissing through the ceiling.

My mother does not have a dog - guilty-looking or otherwise - so where was the puddle on her living room floor from?
It turned out it was from a pipe, under the floor, pierced by nails from clumsy workmen some 30 years ago when laying a new floor (the parentals had an extension put in) and which gave a slow leak over 30 years which didn't appear above the floor boards until two years ago.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

The Covid Nandos Scale is now at 4/5. Please order an extra glass of milk with your drinks when you go to the pub in case you eat any of the spicy Covid. Do not stop going to the pub. Go to the pub. Now.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Genuinely cannot comprehend the level of incompetence this government is showing.

Like usually sure the Tories are evil but you feel like there's some evil end goal they're working to that gets them loads of money but what the gently caress are they doing. Stay at home, go out, stay 6 feet apart, go to school, go the pub, wear a mask (unless you don't feel like it) don't go the pub (but be home before 10pm when the virus goes to bed).

The usual tory plan is to funnel money upwards to their mates but surely some of their non-Russian backers will be upset if they collapse the entire economy?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

EvilHawk posted:

If everyone was a shut in nerd we would have beaten the virus in a week imo
I still maintain that nerds have been fine with the lockdown measures because when people say 'oh it'll only kill 1% of the population,' we all know exactly how often that 1% chance tends to occur.

That, and we've all regretted a character with CON as a dump stat.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Could have sworn the numbering system went in the bin when people started asking annoying questions like "why are you unshielding the vulnerable which is at level 1 if we're still on level 3?"

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 21, 2020

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Lungboy posted:

Could have sworn the numbering system went in the bin when people started asking annoying questions like "why are you unshielding the vulnerable which is at level 1 of we're still on level 3?"
before then.
the numbering system went in the bin at the same presentation at which the numbering system was unveiled, when the government said we were at "3.5" which is not a point of the 5 point scale.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
remembering the formula, that

we see that with R = 1.4, and 2.6 infections, which our data collectors tell us we've just reached, the alert level must be 4. simple, really

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 21, 2020

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I like the framing of it as "Don't needlessly multiply entities" which I *think* comes from the first wave of New Atheism, and let's just ignore the rest of the fruit of that particular tree.

It is not actually certain who first wrote that entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily, but it was definitely not the New Atheists.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Butternubs posted:

The usual tory plan is to funnel money upwards to their mates but surely some of their non-Russian backers will be upset if they collapse the entire economy?
Rees-Mogg senior is a huge proponent of disaster capitalism and the opportunities to be had from huge, world defining moments of political upheaval, and betting on the outcomes of those upheavals - especially in cases where the gambler is politically in control of them.

I genuinely think that half of the Tory party is sociopathic enough to gently caress Britain's economy and then abandon country. The other half are loving idiots who believe in English exceptionalism so much they genuinely can't see what's coming.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I like the framing of it as "Don't needlessly multiply entities"

Yeah I hadn't thought of it like that before but it's a good one, thanks.

Angepain posted:

this entire loving country is ruled by yer da who still thinks covid is basically the flu, and that flu is just a slightly bad cold, and who doesn't like ever being told to do anything he didn't already want to do

Yeah. I've mentioned before, but I've had the actual proper flu, and it was a loving miserable experience. Never felt so weak and exhausted before or since. Felt like I'd been literally hit by a bus, all of my joints, muscles and bones ached strongly for a couple of days, plus real exhaustion for about a week (I think it was a week, can't remember for sure because it was a while ago). Can absolutely see how even your garden variety flu kills people.

I've also grown up with my Mum saying to me near enough every time I caught a cold that was a little bit worse than average, "Oh maybe it's flu!", and so didn't appreciate what actual flu was until I was in my early 20s.

Basically flu sucks, you definitely don't want it, even if you're healthy, and you'll know without question if you've had a proper bout of it.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

I think some posters ITT will be affected:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/sep/21/britons-eu-uk-bank-accounts-closed-lloyds-barclays-brexit

quote:

Thousands of Britons living in the EU will have their UK bank accounts closed by the end of the year because of the UK’s failure to agree a post-Brexit trade deal.

Lloyds, Barclays and Coutts have informed retail and business customers that they will lose their accounts before or when the Brexit transition period ends on 31 December and more banks are expected to follow suit.

Lloyds Banking Group, which includes Halifax and Bank of Scotland, has contacted its 13,000 customers in the Netherlands, Slovakia, Germany, Ireland and Portugal, warning them they must make alternative arrangements as the bank is no longer allowed to offer services.

A spokesperson said: “We have written to a small number of customers living in affected EU countries to let them know that due to the UK’s exit from the EU, regrettably we will no longer be able to provide them with some UK-based banking services.

“We want to keep customers informed and offer advice on next steps.”

Financial services in the UK can currently trade across the European Economic Area (EEA) because member countries are bound by the same regulatory framework.

The arrangement, known as “passporting”, expires at the end of the year and, while the UK has legislated so that EU banks can continue to provide services for customers in Britain, the EU has not done the same.

Unless a trade deal is agreed with the EU, UK financial institutions will have to abide by often arcane rules which vary from country to country and depend on what services are being offered by what kind of bank.

Last week, the Dutch National Bank confirmed that UK banks will no longer be able to provide current or savings accounts to retail customers in the Netherlands.

Customers who bank with firms that own EU-based subsidiaries are having their accounts transferred, but banks that do not have an EU arm would have to apply for a licence to trade in each EEA country. Some banks have too small a customer base in the EU to justify the cost.

One Lloyds customer said she feared she would be cut off from her UK pension payments after the bank had informed her she would not be able to use her current and savings accounts after 2 November. Her balance will be returned to her as a cheque and all payments after that date will be returned to sender.

“I don’t know what will happen about tax rebates from HMRC or council tax and bills on the property we own in the UK,” she said.

‘“I don’t know if it’s possible to arrange direct debits and standing orders to UK institutions from a Dutch bank and there will be a lot of expense incurred if payments that skip through the net are returned to sender or if I have to convert euros to sterling whenever we are in the UK.”

Barclays has also notified customers across the EEA that their accounts will be closed.

One who lives in Germany was told she would no longer be able to use her Barclaycard, which she depends on for transactions within the UK.

The customer, who did not want to be named, said: “I’ve had the card for 40 years and pay it off each month from my pensions, which are paid into my UK account, so I’m not sure I’d qualify for a German credit card,” she said.

She said she owned a property in the UK and paid taxes in the country and that she wanted “to maintain my financial arrangements there in case I ever need to live there again”.

A Barclays spokesperson said: “In light of the UK leaving the EU at the end of 2020 we continue to review the services we offer to customers within the EEA, and any impacted customers will be contacted directly.”

Other banks have yet to decide on future arrangements. Santander and NatWest said they were keeping the situation under review and currently had no plans to withdraw retail or corporate accounts.

HSBC, which has a large number of customers in France, Germany and Switzerland, said that as an international bank it could continue to serve UK customers across the EU, but would keep them informed of any changes that might affect services.

UK financial services are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority which said it expected banks to engage with national regulators to assess the impact of local laws on customers and to inform customers of any changes in a timely manner.

According to the financial trade body UK Finance, banks are having to unpick the legislation of 30 different countries to work out if they can continue serving customers.

“Where possible, firms want to keep providing banking services to customers living in the EEA after the transition period,” said a spokesperson.

“The impact on each customer will vary depending on the operating model of their bank or provider, the product or service being provided, and the legal and regulatory framework in the country in which they are resident.”

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
The Tory press are all wondering whether the government really is clueless and flailing over their Covid response. Sun, Mail and Telegraph all strongly negative; Times less so but clearly unconvinced.

I guess these latest measures will be reversed within 48 hours, then.

Edit: 14,000 comments on the Mail report on this, Jesus.

Pistol_Pete fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 21, 2020

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Pistol_Pete posted:

Edit: 14,000 comments on the Mail report on this, Jesus.

imagining one daily mail comment is bad enough. 14,000 of them must be enough to qualify as a deadly weapon

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I was surprised at the anger and disapproval. These are the papers and readers who, a few months ago, were all patriotically ordering their groceries online, clapping for the NHS and indulging in a bit of comfy ersatz Blitz Spirit. Now, they're all seriously pissed and saying that the government doesn't know what the gently caress it's doing and is just making it up as it goes along. Nearly everyone thinks that new lockdown measures are unnecessary.

It seems like a real sea-change in the attitudes of the public that Johnson cares about (Tory voters), which is why I think these measures will be walked back in the coming days.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Pistol_Pete posted:

I was surprised at the anger and disapproval. These are the papers and readers who, a few months ago, were all patriotically ordering their groceries online, clapping for the NHS and indulging in a bit of comfy ersatz Blitz Spirit. Now, they're all seriously pissed and saying that the government doesn't know what the gently caress it's doing and is just making it up as it goes along. Nearly everyone thinks that new lockdown measures are unnecessary.

It seems like a real sea-change in the attitudes of the public that Johnson cares about (Tory voters), which is why I think these measures will be walked back in the coming days.

One of my neighbours (over 80, had a post-mastectomy appointment to begin radiotherapy postponed from July to next February etc) said to me 2 days ago "Well the government are doing their best". "I might have to disagree with you on that" I said! Another one who only gets her news from BBC & Sky. She has no internet.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Pistol_Pete posted:

What measures? From the press briefings it sounds like it will be pubs closing early and not much else.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Nicola Sturgeon has made some noises about her announcement in the next day or two being potentially different from the rest of the uk if boris isn't on board with the measures she wants, so hopefully she follows through on that, to the extent it's possible to do. I mean the SNP have a fair deal of faults but they're not at the level of utter disdain for human lives as the tories, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Lungboy posted:

What measures? From the press briefings it sounds like it will be pubs closing early and not much else.

Perhaps everyone commenting spends a lot of time in Wetherspoons, I dunno v:shobon:v