Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Kobal2 posted:

See, my plan was to let you jump on the chest ASAP, then I swap you for Hail which lets you grab another coin (she's sitting on one). I mean, since we're going greedy, might as well go maximum greed. Cultists only have attack 2s so even with a pair of crits (which is impossible) they won't kill her ; and zombies either hit hard or move far, but never both - at absolute worst the elite one will clobber her one, which won't kill her even on crit (and if we're lucky he'll even get jammed up by the cultists). And Spirits can't attack faster than I can teleport her.

Plan is 100% foolproof*

(*foolproofness of the plan non-contractual, void if opened, plan only available within select retailers, no returns, you bought it you done hosed up)
While it's 100% for chest-grabbing it becomes much less than 100% for Hail-surviving than the cockamamie nonsense we've got cooking :) She could take two zombie hits with your plan and maybe also a cultist smack, but I haven't checked.

I also can't grab a coin if you teleport me onto it if I've already taken my turn, but thank you for thinking of my money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

That Italian Guy posted:

Remember, whatever happens: it's all the MT's fault :3:

not an emptyquote

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Kobal2 posted:

See, my plan was to let you jump on the chest ASAP, then I swap you for Hail which lets you grab another coin (she's sitting on one).

You only loot coins under two circumstances:
1. You take the Loot action.
2. Your turn ends and you occupy a hex with one or more coins.

Swapping someone else's position so they end YOUR turn on a coin does not allow them to loot that coin.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

dwarf74 posted:

While it's 100% for chest-grabbing it becomes much less than 100% for Hail-surviving than the cockamamie nonsense we've got cooking :) She could take two zombie hits with your plan and maybe also a cultist smack, but I haven't checked.

I also can't grab a coin if you teleport me onto it if I've already taken my turn, but thank you for thinking of my money.
quotin myself here to revise.

With a late jump, the worst that happens is I don't get the chest and we win. Win looks 100% at this point.

With an early jump, the worst that happens is Hail eats two cultist and one elite zombie attacks and we get the chest. But that elite zombie attack is no joke with a base of 5. One cultist? Whatever. Two? Risky....

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Narsham posted:

You only loot coins under two circumstances:
1. You take the Loot action.
2. Your turn ends and you occupy a hex with one or more coins.

Swapping someone else's position so they end YOUR turn on a coin does not allow them to loot that coin.

Well that's just lazyness on their part IMO. Lack of motivation. Shiftlessness. They'll never pull themselves up by their bear straps that way.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Forgotten Crypt, Round 4A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Hail has 12 - 4+(2xL) - hit points. She is an ally to you and an enemy to all monster types. She acts on initiative 99 each round, performing MOVE2 towards the altar (b), opening doors and springing traps if necessary. The scenario is complete when she ends her turn in a hex adjacent to the altar. If Hail is killed, the scenario is lost.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand7, Discarded0, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 7 with Mana Bolt and Engulfed in Flames.
(Hand7, Discarded0, Active0, Lost1)

7. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (The GoonMind) posted:

code:
"MANA BOLT (07) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range3 - Consume ANY, +1ATK, XP1
BOT: HEAL3, Range1"

"ENGULFED IN FLAMES (44) [Lvl5]
TOP: ATK4, Range3 - Generate FIRE.
BOT: Persistent Bonus: On the next five melee ATKs targeting you, gain RETALIATE3, XP1 on 1st, 3rd and 5th trigger, then LOSS"
Pikachu (Hand9, Discarded0, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 17 with Disorientating Roar and Soaring Ally.

17. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Kobal2) posted:

code:
"DISORIENTATING ROAR (17) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - MUDDLE and IMMOBILIZE - Target all enemies within Range2. - XP1
BOT: Swap the position of any two figures - LOSS"

"SOARING ALLY (77) [LvlX]
TOP: Summon Red Falcon (Flying, HP2, MOVE4, ATK2) - Generate AIR - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: COMMAND - LOOT1"
Master Splinter (Hand9, Discarded0, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 79 with Feedback Loop and Cranium Overload.

79. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (dwarf74) posted:

code:
"FEEDBACK LOOP (79) [Lvl1]
TOP: Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks gain SHIELD1 (till end of round) - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: MOVE4 - Jump - If you end the movement in the same hex you started in, perform MUDDLE (Target all enemies moved through)."

"CRANIUM OVERLOAD (05) [Lvl4]
TOP: Kill one normal enemy within Range 4 - ATK2, Target all enemies adjacent to the killed target - Gain XP1 for each enemy targeted with this Attack - LOSS
BOT: MOVE5"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I love it when a plan comes together.

Remember, kids - hubris always pays.

I'm gonna explode a brain for my mic drop, just splattering the room and myself with as much gore as possible, then claiming the chest.

Oh and losing cards to not die. It doesn't matter which ones.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Sep 17, 2020

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

*chanting*
booby trapped chest
*chanting*

Anyways, Lina will eat ice with Mana Bolt top on spirit 1 and set up Engulfed bottom.
Discard all the cards to stay alive.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

:black101:

:smaug:

Goonspeed all present.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Forgotten Crypt, Conclusion

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

7. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (The GoonMind) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Mana Bolt (top)! Consumes ICE. Attacks Living Spirit 1 for 1 (3base, +1mod, SHIELD3) damage! Gains 1XP.
Living Spirit 1 is killed!
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Engulfed in Flames (bot)! Persistent Bonus: On the next five melee ATKs targeting you, gain RETALIATE3, XP1 on 1st, 3rd and 5th trigger, then LOSS.

17. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Kobal2) posted:

- Ash the Bear focuses Cultist 5! Attacks Cultist 5 for 4 (2base, +2'mod) damage!
Cultist 5 is at 6 HP.
- Swamp Alligator focuses Cultist 6! Attacks Cultist 6 for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage!
Cultist 6 is at 6 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!
- Pikachu uses Disorientating Roar (bot)! Swaps Hail and Cultist 2 positions!
- Pikachu uses Soaring Ally (top)! Summons Red Falcon (Flying, HP2, MOVE4, ATK2) in hex C1! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!

:rackem:

25. Living Bones posted:

- Living Bones 1 focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Moves3 to G1. Attacks Lina Megumin Inverse for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage. Lina Megumin Inverse RETALIATES for 3 damage Engulfed in Flames 1st trigger! Gains 1XP.
Lina Megumin Inverse is at 3 HP.
Living Bones 1 is at 4 HP.
The Rest of the Bone rabble tries to reach Hail, but fails to.

This is when one of the Skeletons drops a cup with the name "Kobayashi" on the bottom and everyone realizes they have been played. Something something kHAILser Söze.

27. Cultists posted:

- Cultist 1 focuses Master Splinter! Attacks Master Splinter for 4 (2base, x2mod) damage.
Master Splinter is at 3 HP.
- Cultist 2 focuses Swamp Alligator! Attacks Swamp Alligator for 4 (2base, +2'mod) damage.
Swamp Alligator is at 1 HP.
- Cultist 5 focuses Ash! Attacks Ash for 1 (2base, -1mod) damage.
Ash is at 10 HP.
- Cultist 6 focuses Swamp Alligator! Attacks Swamp Alligator for 1 (2base, -1mod) damage.
Swamp Alligator is killed!

What's with these Cultists and crits? Also, if a player has multiple Summons, they act in the order in which they were summoned - so Ash will always tank for other Summons since he's automagically summoned at the start of the Scenario.

66. Living Corpses posted:

- Living Corpse 2(E) focuses Master Splinter! Attacks Master Splinter for 5 (5base, +0mod) damage.
Master Splinter has to LOSE one card to prevent lethal damage (6 left in hand) is at 3 HP and is POISONED!
- Living Corpse 4(E) focuses Master Splinter! Attacks Master Splinter for 6 (5base, +0mod, POISON) damage.
Master Splinter has to LOSE one card to prevent lethal damage (5 left in hand) is at 3 HP and is POISONED!
- Living Corpse 1 focuses Master Splinter! Attacks Master Splinter for 6 (4base, +1mod, POISON) damage.
Master Splinter has to LOSE one card to prevent lethal damage (4 left in hand) is at 3 HP and is POISONED!
- Living Corpse 5 focuses Master Splinter! Attacks Master Splinter for 5 (4base, +0mod, POISON) damage.
Master Splinter has to LOSE one card to prevent lethal damage (3 left in hand) is at 3 HP and is POISONED!
- Living Corpse 6 focuses Hail! No action taken!

Yes, that's a 22 damage marker on Master Splinter.

67. Living Spirits posted:

- Living Spirit 5(E) focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Attacks Lina Megumin Inverse for 6 (5base, +1mod) damage.
Lina Megumin Inverse has to LOSE one card to prevent lethal damage (5 left in hand) and is at 6 HP.
- Living Spirit 3 focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Flies1 to I2. Attacks Lina Megumin Inverse for 2 (4base, -2mod) damage.
Lina Megumin Inverse is at 4 HP.
- Living Spirit 4 focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Flies1 to I2. Attacks Lina Megumin Inverse for 3 (4base, -1mod) damage.
Lina Megumin Inverse is at 1 HP.

Unfortunately, Engulfed in Flames only triggers RETALIATE on melee attacks.

79. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (dwarf74) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Cranium Overload (top)! KILLs Living Bones 2 and ATK2 Living Bones 4, 7 and 8! Gains 3XP.
- Some of these Skeletons receive damage from this probably, but it's not really relevant!
- Master Splinter uses Feedback Loop (bot)! Jumps4 to G1.
Master Splinter executes end of turn looting! Loots Treasure Chest 17!

Cold, hard cash.

99. Hail posted:

- Hail focuses The Goal! Moves1 to G2

Scenario Ends!

Conclusion posted:

Hail moves forward and grabs hold of the censer. She lifts it aloft and speaks a few words in an unknown language. Fire bursts forth and immolates the remaining undead, reducing them to ash. Hail breaks the smallest of smiles. “Well, now that that annoyance has been dealt with, let’s get on with the real fun. Show me to this rift of yours.” (27)

Rewards posted:

New Locations:
- Ruinous Rift (27)
Scenario Rewards
- Party Achievement: Stonebreaker’s Censer.
Victory Rewards
+12XP each!

Battle Goals posted:

These are the Battle Goals that have been picked by our players for Scenario 19.
- Master Splinter: Contagious: While afflicted by a negative condition, apply any negative condition to a monster. dwarf74 has NOT managed to accomplish the Battle Goal!
- Lina Megumin Inverse: Distracted: Kill a monster you are not adjacent to while adjacent to another monster. The GoonMind has managed to accomplish the Battle Goal! BG Completed, +1 Checkmark.
- Pikachu : Diehard*: Never allow your current hit point value to drop below half your maximum hit point value (rounded up) during the scenario. Kobal2 has managed to accomplish the Battle Goal! BG Completed, +1 Checkmark.

Final Stats posted:

Final stats after Scenario 19are as follows:

Each coin token at Scenario level=3 is worth 3 gold. Updated $$$ and XP for our party are as follows:
- Master Splinter: +16XP. (New Total 324XP) and +20 gold (New Total 63 gold).
- Lina Megumin Inverse: +18XP. (New Total 229XP) and +0 gold (New Total 47 gold).
- Pikachu : +19XP. (New Total 294XP) and +4 gold (New Total 42 gold).
Pikachu is 5XP away from Level 7!

Personal Quest progression posted:

- Master Splinter: Completed one Scenario in the Lingering Swap! (1/2, then complete Scenario 61)
- Lina Megumin Inverse: None!
- Pikachu : None!
Updated Sheets

Our are back in Gloomhaven. While they're in the City, something happens...

City Event 71 posted:

Hey it's Rocky!

Let's discuss where our party should head to next! Since we've unlocked a bunch of stuff, I'm going to use a new app to show the Scenario Tree, since it provides some extra info on Campaing progression (IE: which Scenarios are part of which storyline) and it's more estetically pleasing

NOTE: we only know the basic creature and tiles composition for a Scenario at first; if we choose to pick one, I'll provide additional details (such as the map layout, creatures stat cards - and ability deck if we've met them before - and always active Scenario Effects).

Available Scenario Locations posted:

Hail wants us to bring her to the Rift in reality we found while exploring the Ruinous Crypt. We can lead her to the portal at the [/b]Ruinous Rift (27)[/b]. Helping Hail the Enhancer may progress Pikachu's Personal Quest.

- Or maybe we just want to jump through the portal and see what the Plane of Elemental Power (10) is about?

- The Librarian, Dominic, has asked us to help him keeping up a bargain he tried to strike (for the wellbeing of Gloomhaven, of course). He wants us to get into a place called the Oozing Groove (72). Doesn't it sound lovely? Completing this Scenario will allow us continue reading the Town Records.

- We may want to go back down the Mountain and investigate this...voice in the Echo Chamber (24) before leaving.

- We can longer follow the Drake's Request (since we have killed it); so we can't access the Savvas Armory (33) at the moment...but if we were to follow the voice in the Echo Chamber, perhaps?

- We can now access the Ancient Cistern (26) and discover what was poisoning the City well, since we have access to Water-Breathing magic!

- If we want to do the same but take the long way to get there, we could venture down into the Deep Ruins (23).

- As suggested, we could also try any Scenario we've unlocked (including ones we've already faced) in Casual Mode. Players can still gain experience and money, loot treasure tiles, complete battle goals, and make progress toward completing their personal quests, but any story text or rewards listed at the end of the scenario are disregarded. Contrary to normal game play, we'll encounter City/Road events in Casual mode as well - to make things easier to manage and display more content. If we pick Casual Mode I'll add something to spice it up.
Wherever we're going, we'll have to get on the Road to get there!

Road Event 9 posted:

YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices):
1) MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 19!
2) City Event outcome, A or B!
3) Our Next Destination!
4) Road Event outcome, A or B!
5) Money matters! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available HERE. Also, please if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!
- If you are planning an Enhancement, you can find the rules on how to calculate the price HERE.

A big thank you to our players, dwarf74 and Kobal2, and to everyone taking part in the thread! As mentioned before, we will keep the current players for the next Scenario since this was cheesed to death completed in 4 Rounds :D

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Sep 18, 2020

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
1) MVP is obviously Master Splinter's coke supplier.
2) Funny as the idea of telling Craggy to sober up, stop reliving his glory days and go home to his wife may be, let's go with A
3) Well the plan was to retire our oldest posse member, so let's have soooo much fun with all the demons of the Ruinous Rift
4) B. Bears know what's up. This guy's no good.
5) no opinion besides saving money for Pikachu's quest.

Also, did not know that rule about the summon order !
EDIT : oh, and re:cultists and their crits, how is that even possible ? Doesn't the enemy deck only get re-shuffled at the end of turn ?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Kobal2 posted:

EDIT : oh, and re:cultists and their crits, how is that even possible ? Doesn't the enemy deck only get re-shuffled at the end of turn ?

The second hit this Round is a simple +2 instead of a x2, but they got a Crit on Hail on the previous Round. Let's just say that dealing 12 damage with 3 (non explodey) attacks is quite rare for Lvl4 Cultist :v:

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Oh right, my eyes glazed over and read +2 as x2. Nvm then, but yeah - I guess they caught some of Splinter's marching powder fumes as she arrib'arrib'arribaaaa'd past them ?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Kobal2 posted:

1) MVP is obviously Master Splinter's coke supplier.
No poo poo

2) A. Come on, we aren't jerks we're always up for booze.
3) Ruinous Rift
4) A. Heal the guard up.

5) Are boots worth it on Lina? Because some extra mobility is always nice.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
That was a blast, everyone :)

My mvp is Pikachu because without him there is no cheese. I was but the vessel.

I need to step back though - can someone else play Splinter this next scenario?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

That was a blast, everyone :)

My mvp is Pikachu because without him there is no cheese. I was but the vessel.

I need to step back though - can someone else play Splinter this next scenario?

I think Fairgame is the next in line, but I'm on mobile now and I would have to double check :)

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

That Italian Guy posted:

I think Fairgame is the next in line, but I'm on mobile now and I would have to double check :)

I'm around and in for whenever.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

1) Master Splinter's coke supplier
2) A Hi buddy.
3) Plane of Elemental Power Shouldn't we have a peek inside the rift before we close it? Maybe there's treasure inside...
4) B Potions are for closers!
5) Volatile Bomb for Lina

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management XVIII, Update 1 and Scenario 27 Preamble.

City Event 71, resolution posted:

Effect: -5 gold each, +1 Reputation (current Reputation 3, store prices lowered by 1).
Awww :3: and also awww :( to the other option.

Road Event 9, resolution posted:

Effect: -1 Reputation (current Reputation 2).
Aaand we have just lost our newfound reputation! There was not enough support to spend our money for anything, so we're moving onwards!

Let's examine our next destination: Scenario 27 - Ruinous Rift

Scenario 27 - Ruinous Rift - Location posted:

Ah, back to the Copperneck Mountains.

Actually, just underneath the Ruinous Crypt. They're all in the Ruinous District.

Scenario 27 - Ruinous Rift - Features posted:

These are the details we know about Scenario 27 before starting it:
Links to: nothing!
Requirements: Artifact: Lost INCOMPLETE (Global) and Stonebreaker’s Censer (Party) COMPLETE.
Goal: Protect Hail for ten rounds.
Tiles in the Scenario:

Map Layout:

Just...just one room? This is going to be different...

Scenario 27 - Ruinous Rift - Creatures posted:

These are the stats for this Scenario's creatures:

These are the ability decks for the creatures we've already faced in battle before.
NOTE: these are the "in the box" cards. We normally use the app ones, that automatically make the necessary calculations for us; the various "+1", "-1", etc are to be applied to the base value for that stat on the monster card. So if the base value is "Attack 4", an "Attack -1" ability card would mean that, for that round, the monster has an Attack value of 3.
Night Demons:

Wind Demons:

Frost Demons:

Sun Demons:

Earth Demons:

Flame Demons:

NOTE: certain monster archetypes share a common deck. The combination of unique stat cards and shared ability decks allows the game to feel even larger than it already is!
Well, that's a whole lotta demons for such a small dungeon.

Scenario 27 - Ruinous Rift - Introduction posted:

On the way back to the Ruinous Crypt, Hail seems almost happy as she trudges through the mud with you, eager to help fight back demons and undead.
“It’s been so long since I’ve been outside of Gloomhaven,” she says, swaying the elemental censer back and forth as she walks. “The city is necessary for my studies, but it feels good to take a small break and travel this plane again. And with so much less danger this time, as well.”
You look at the Aesther questioningly. “Sure, cultists and demons aren’t exactly friendly encounters, but last time I traveled these lands...well, that is something I swore I would never speak of.”

Hail grows silent until you arrive at the crypt. Opening the ancient doors, you half expect the place to be teeming with cultists and demons once again, but the stone halls are as silent and barren as death. You move towards the main chamber where you find the giant rift, hovering above a demonic altar.
“Well, you certainly weren’t kidding,” Hail says. “This thing is a beauty! The girth and stability—quite impressive!” Hail walks around the perimeter of the altar, throwing sand in the air and watching it fall.

"I'm pretty sure I can close it, thanks to old Stonebreaker’s censer here. I can’t imagine the forces on the other side of this rift are going to be all too happy about it, though.” Hail raises the censer above her head with one arm and plunges the other elbow-deep into the rift. “Gather round, ladies and gentlemen! This is going to be one killer party.”
Scenario Special Rules

Players spaw tiles are marked with a STRENGTHEN token.
FairGame, and Kobal2 please provide:
- Your hand selection for this Scenario (please specify what you are removing and what you are adding, if you change something);
- Pick one of the Battle Goals provided in the PM;
- Your starting location. You can freely discuss this itt.
- Your opening two cards and your initiative.
The Goonmind should provide the same, but choose between these two Battle Goals:
- Acrobatic: Lose a card to negate 5 or more damage. Rewards:✓
- Shadow: End each of your turns adjacent to an ally. Rewards:✓

You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Lots of retaliate, lots of shield - this won't be a high watermark in Ash's career. I'd strongly suggest people other than me stock up on ranged heals ('cause I got none).

However, a lingering doubt in my mind : since Hail doesn't seem to move in this one, would it be worth it for me to keep Disorienting Roar and park her in one of the corners instead of smack in the middle ?

EDIT : oh, also Rocky seems pretty co-dependant. I think next time we should encourage him/her/it to seek therapy. It's ok, buddy. It's not your fault. Hang in there, your soul boulder is out there, you know ?

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Sep 20, 2020

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Kobal2 posted:

However, a lingering doubt in my mind : since Hail doesn't seem to move in this one, would it be worth it for me to keep Disorienting Roar and park her in one of the corners instead of smack in the middle ?

And to conclude our Gloomhaven any% speedrun, we are glitching Hail out of boundaries to prevent her from being attacked during the Scenario. The cutscene at the end is kinda wonky cause she's supposed to have her arm stuck into the portal the whole time.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

That Italian Guy posted:

And to conclude our Gloomhaven any% speedrun, we are glitching Hail out of boundaries to prevent her from being attacked during the Scenario. The cutscene at the end is kinda wonky cause she's supposed to have her arm stuck into the portal the whole time.

In for a penny, in for a penny and an Arby's coupon :).

EDIT : "But Rules As Written... !", the neckbeard self-righteously screams as the rest of the group slam the door in his face.

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Sep 20, 2020

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

That Italian Guy posted:

wait, we can't do that?

also lol, this will be a real rough go of it for this specific party. Good luck, all!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

wait, we can't do that?

Oh yeah of course you can!

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Building my deck full of heals and CC as best I can. Don't need much movement.

I figure our best bet is to start as near to the spawning night demon as possible so we can kill it and then swap Hail over into that corner. As such, place the spellweaver in whatever tile is closest to that portal that no other player has taken.

I think we can do this. Probably!

e: orders in.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

dwarf74 posted:

wait, we can't do that?

also lol, this will be a real rough go of it for this specific party. Good luck, all!

I'm not so sure. We've got a lot of summons between Pikachu and Lina plus a tank and good crowd control. We could have 6 fighters on the board before the first monster appears.

That said, voting we drop forked beam and Flame Strike, add Aid from the Ether and Frost Armor

I think an argument could be made for Freezing Nova and Hardened Spikes as well but it would diminish our killing power too much in my opinion

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Wait, I thought I was the spellweaver. And the goonmind is someone else.

Also I didn't keep aid from the ether. I don't really think the mystic ally is going to be all that useful.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

FairGame posted:

Also I didn't keep aid from the ether. I don't really think the mystic ally is going to be all that useful.
If you put it out late one round and early the next, it may just live long enough to die from a fire elemental's Retaliate while doing no damage.

Or it might eat a single attack, which is not great for a loss.

Or the stars might align and it gets a good shot in somehow and maybe even survives a round or two - but in this dungeon? It's gonna be hard enough keeping the bear up.

Frost Armor's gonna do a lot more work.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I kinda lost who the goonmind is controlling right now.

Anyways, the Aid from the Ether summon should be put behind Ash so the bear tanks while the summon plinks. Fire demons are a problem but they come fairly late so if it pops out three attacks before self destructing one way or the other it's good.

Can we choose which of the two demon spawns were at the start of every turn? It's two per turn but there's not an explicit order between b/c or d/e.
It would help with the flame demons. Let the summons have one half of the room, let the players deal with retaliate.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

FairGame posted:

Ops my bad! I've sent you the PM saying that you were playing the SW, so I guess the thread is back on the MT for this. Apologies people!

Thread, please pick your BG, starting hand, initial cards and initiative for Master Splinter instead :)

Sorry for the mix up :(

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I think Acrobatic is the BG to go, the rat can't really be bogged down staying next to people.

I think we should get Empathetic Assault and Brain Leech IN
with Gnawing Horde and Feedback Loop OUT. Some healing and a lot of damage. Thoughts?

I'm trying to fit Fearsome Blade in the hand but I don't think anything else can be cut.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Omobono posted:

I think Acrobatic is the BG to go, the rat can't really be bogged down staying next to people.

I think we should get Empathetic Assault and Brain Leech IN
with Gnawing Horde and Feedback Loop OUT. Some healing and a lot of damage. Thoughts?

I'm trying to fit Fearsome Blade in the hand but I don't think anything else can be cut.

There's a case to be made for Gnawing Horde as a temporary tank - every hit that lands on something other than Hail or the bear is a good hit.

Also I'd advise putting Hostile Takeover in : scenarios with lots of Retaliate and multi-targeting assholes are where its bottom really shines ; and the ranged Immobilize top isn't half bad either with so many tanky high damage melee dudes to deal with. Maybe instead of Into The Night if we do take the two self-heals ?

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

That Italian Guy posted:

Ops my bad! I've sent you the PM saying that you were playing the SW, so I guess the thread is back on the MT for this. Apologies people.

Ah, got it. I don't have much of an opinion on cards for Splinter besides that we should have Gnawing Horde. I say fill the room with summons and Lina or Ash can dunk on the Flame demon with piercing when it comes up.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

A couple of things to solve before the update:

Current Votes for Master Splinter posted:

BG Acrobatic
IN Empathetic Assault, Brain Leech, Hostile Takeover
OUT Feedback Loop, Into The Night

Gnawing Horde was originally the third card to be removed, but there are 2 votes to keep it in. We need to vote another card to remove from Master Splinter's hand, either Gnawing Horde or another one! Also if you think some of the cards IN/OUT should not be there, let us hear your voice :)

Also we need to know which hex Master Splinter will start in!

Also I've sent a message to FairGame and Kobal2 cause no one has picked a starting location so far :D

Will update asap, apologies again for the confusion on who's playing what this Scenario.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Any takers on the hand/card/init selection? :)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Let's see, by the start of turn ten, 16 demons will have spawned in. This means 3 night, wind, frost, and sun, and 2 earth and flame.

Wind, sun and flame are elites, and wind/flames are the ones with threatening AoE. In addition, elite wind have disarm.

I think turn 1 and 2 Master Splinter should take it easy and set up a murder turn 3 to obliterate the wind demon spawning at c with Brain Leech bottom and Corrupting Embrace top.

Mind weakness and Empathetic Assault, initiative 75 (doesn't really matter).

Next turn we move to H1 and patiently wait for the wind demon.

Starting hex E3? Honestly any random starting hex is fine, Pikachu is probably the one who should get first pick for Ash positioning.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Sep 21, 2020

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

If you still need feedback on hand selection, Mass Hysteria out maybe if we want Gnawing Horde in? Or maybe Scurry out since this takes place in one room? I always end up cutting loot cards to fit in more fun stuff though back when I played, then wondered why I was always poor.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

bagrada posted:

If you still need feedback on hand selection, Mass Hysteria out maybe if we want Gnawing Horde in? Or maybe Scurry out since this takes place in one room? I always end up cutting loot cards to fit in more fun stuff though back when I played, then wondered why I was always poor.

Loot cards are hard cause unless they have a very viable other half they are dead weight until you use them - and they are often lost on use if they aren't Loot1. And yeah hand selection for our MT Is open until tomorrow 9AM GMT/3AM PST :)

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

That Italian Guy posted:

Loot cards are hard cause unless they have a very viable other half they are dead weight until you use them - and they are often lost on use if they aren't Loot1.

"I use my Stamina Potion to take back Burning Oil" *table groans*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Old Dun Cow posted:

"I use my Stamina Potion to take back Burning Oil" *table groans*

The scoundrel card we groaned at was the "walk around and pick up every coin you step on" especially since ours gleefully paired it with the +2 move boots. The other reason I was broke all the time. I think she retired before getting burning oil though, first of our group to do so.