Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

FreudianSlippers posted:

???????????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Up the bum no signal

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Up the bum no signal
No ring

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

The Ape of Naples posted:

You say this like it means something. Who gives a gently caress if this was even true? We eat millions of hot dogs. No one cares or gets sick. This is such a privileged white person argument. "Um you do know it contains spinsters and..." gently caress off.

They're gross, and hot dogs is not some basic human right you weirdo. It's absolute poo poo food nutritionally too

Eat the hot dogs fellas, but at least recognize that it is especially gross before you devour the anus tube

Zzulu has a new favorite as of 08:08 on Sep 22, 2020

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

teen witch posted:

Oh, content, yes. Here have my favorite mind boggling slur.

Bigotry so hyper specific yet so lazily done.

Wha

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Zzulu posted:

They're gross, and hot dogs is not some basic human right you weirdo. It's absolute poo poo food nutritionally too

Eat the hot dogs fellas, but at least recognize that it is especially gross before you devour the anus tube

Nah, it's got about the nutritional content of the beef or pork it's made from, which is basically pretty good over all. Maybe a bit of extra fat and salt, which are both fine things to eat.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

People bought into the “fast food is terrible for you!” rhetoric so hard that they’re afraid to eat common combinations of bread and meat with sauce. Supersize Me probably did more harm than good in that now lots of people think they’re nutritionist geniuses because they don’t eat certain types of food but also don’t bother actually examining what they do eat

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 09:04 on Sep 22, 2020

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
somebody post that Simpsons still of the hotdog being pieced together from like a pigeon, a rat, and a boot

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Using boot in a hotdog? In this economy???

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Kenning posted:

Nah, it's got about the nutritional content of the beef or pork it's made from, which is basically pretty good over all. Maybe a bit of extra fat and salt, which are both fine things to eat.

what, no it doesn't lol

It's more calories, less protein and more garbage. Maybe you have unique elevated hot dogs in america or something

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NzUm7UEEIY&t=106s

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

They’re just coated in a waxy resin, like fatwood kindling
It was a joke about drugs!

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
anybody want a recyclable hot dog? the science is there, we just need to tweak the marketing

PM me for a link to the kickstarter

on no account should you actually pm me

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
My favourite thing is watching people who poo poo their britches over food waste also poo poo their britches over foodstuffs which use parts of the animal which we'd otherwise be throwing away because they think they're gross.

Like, yes meat in general is a wasteful and environmentally unsustainable way to get calories, yes we should probably be eating less as a society, but a hot dog made out of hog lips and horse anus is not gonna be any less healthy than one made out of prime filet pork.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
for every pound of meat you eat you're eating a pound of every meat that meat has pounded

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

teen witch posted:

Oh, content, yes. Here have my favorite mind boggling slur.

Bigotry so hyper specific yet so lazily done.

I assume it's a reference to the Sami people of Finland who are often vaguely Asiatic in appearance.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-aKqp1kzKg

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Scratch Monkey posted:

I assume it's a reference to the Sami people of Finland who are often vaguely Asiatic in appearance.

Bonus double bigotry. Sami people's history is not that far removed from indigenous experiences of north america.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Just eat the drat anus tube, Zzulu. Stop being a big baby about it. Why do you give a gently caress what it's made from? Better than wasting parts of an animal.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

gbut posted:

Bonus double bigotry. Sami people's history is not that far removed from indigenous experiences of north america.
The Sami have been treated extremely badly (and still are, in a lot of ways), it's super hosed up that it's glossed over the way it is at least here in Sweden. I never learned anything about them in school, much less about our treatment of them.

Also if that old weird slur was for Sami immigrants specifically that's extra poo poo because the Sami as a community don't typically seem to consider themselves Swedes or, presumably, Finns.

Anyway that's not a funny picture at all, so enjoy this thing I saved from Twitter at some point in the past.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Scratch Monkey posted:

I could easily see that! And with that I discovered that Finns were also called “roundhead”, which is also a term for pro parliamentarians during the English civil war.

E: also a slur for the Polish. Choose a bigotry target and stick with it, hegemonic power structures.

gbut posted:

This in spades. I was baffled when I moved to Sweden how I learned A. who the Samí even are and B. how we as a world really have it out for indigenous or nomadic people and groups.

Might just make a PYF baffling slur thread (I am not going to do this)

teen witch has a new favorite as of 14:13 on Sep 22, 2020

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Hyperlynx posted:

Just eat the drat anus tube, Zzulu. Stop being a big baby about it. Why do you give a gently caress what it's made from? Better than wasting parts of an animal.

It's such a first world problem because eating pig anuses is common in most of the world

Don't quote this

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjwTRt582Hs&t=71s

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

uhh I associate the term asiatic as being almost as bad as "oriental", is that not the case?

Woebin posted:

Anyway that's not a funny picture at all, so enjoy this thing I saved from Twitter at some point in the past.

I lol every time I see this stuff in the wild, you would think they would spend the 1 literal second it takes to research what our terms mean before they try to use them against us.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Stroop There It Is posted:

you would think they would spend the 1 literal second it takes to research what our terms mean before they try to use them against us.

Why?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

xtal posted:

It's such a first world problem because eating pig anuses is common in most of the world

Don't quote this

ew

who would sleep with a cop, let alone eat their rear end?

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Yeah, it's way too spicy

because of toxic masculinity and "wiping your rear end is gay" stuff

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

I took it as a reference to the Chinese immigrants who worked on the railroad and did other cheap, mass labor. Except these "Chinese" laborers are from Sweden! (They are not.)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Stroop There It Is posted:

uhh I associate the term asiatic as being almost as bad as "oriental", is that not the case?

It's barely offensive, if at all. I think it mainly gets used these days because it sounds academic or something.

Like it's not the right term to use but nobody's really going to react or notice because nobody's getting bullied or beaten for being "asiatic" as compared to oriental or any of the other slurs

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

fair point, I was working off the assumption they actually want to hurt us rather than just wanting to vomit their lovely opinions, which... yep!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

It's barely offensive, if at all. I think it mainly gets used these days because it sounds academic or something.

Like it's not the right term to use but nobody's really going to react or notice because nobody's getting bullied or beaten for being "asiatic" as compared to oriental or any of the other slurs
good to know, really the only place I'd heard it recently was South Asians mockingly using British imperialist terms so that would make sense

e: oh okay, just realized I should clarify--I'm talking about it being used as a noun, not as an adjective

Stroop There It Is has a new favorite as of 15:29 on Sep 22, 2020

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Hyperlynx posted:

Don't understand why anyone would brag about not eating rear end

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they're all Snow Germans to me.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

Mods!?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Maybe it's supposed to be small c china.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Scratch Monkey posted:

Not really any more "Asiatic" than the average Finn.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
If you're from Scandinavia and meet a Finn then tell them you're from Denmark or Norway. That way you'll get a hug and probably a free drink. If you admit to being Swedish you get a Helsinki kiss.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

uber_stoat posted:

Snow leopolds

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Lodin posted:

If you admit to being Swedish you get a Helsinki kiss.

Where does a Helsinki kiss fall in relation to a Cleveland steamer or a San Diego thank you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Lodin posted:

Helsinki kiss.

Yep, this is not a term I can find by googling. KISS apparently has a upcoming European tour visiting Sweden though.