Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1308163598901010437

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I'm curious how they got to the Greenbrier from East Rutherford. That's a long-rear end drive to the middle of nowhere. I'm guessing the local airport is designed to handle gulfstreams, but the Niners jet?

That's a drat shame. He was generating a lot of buzz for his play in the slot and ability to get the Hawks out of zone defense. I like what I saw out of Amadi last night but this loss will hurt.

Wonder how many of these players will even be left by December.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I don’t know anything about the patriots pash rush and I only watched the first half, but the Seattle o line looked ... good???

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Has anyone pointed out yet that the NFC West is 6-0 outside of the division?

NFC Best

edit: yes, people had. I will not apologize because it's worth saying again

opposable thumbs.db fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 21, 2020

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

shirts and skins posted:

I'm curious how they got to the Greenbrier from East Rutherford. That's a long-rear end drive to the middle of nowhere. I'm guessing the local airport is designed to handle gulfstreams, but the Niners jet?

This is a really good question. I guess 747s need 7500 feet of runway and the local airport has a 9000 foot runway

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Niners came in on dozens of cessnas like it was a blitz raid on london

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I don’t know anything about the patriots pash rush and I only watched the first half, but the Seattle o line looked ... good???
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Kazak_Hstan posted:

there's a reason they say the Patriots' defensive strength is the secondary

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Its Rinaldo posted:

Niners came in on dozens of cessnas like it was a blitz raid on london

Was one of them also hit by a truck?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Has anyone pointed out yet that the NFC West is 6-0 outside of the division?

6-0 outside of the division but 0-6 vs the MRI machine

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I'm not going to say Seattle's OL looked good last night, but average? I can take that.

Now... any teams deciding to tank after a couple bad games and want to move some good DLs?

The only positive is that they are not considering suspending Diggs for that stupid hit.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

tk posted:

6-0 outside of the division but 0-6 vs the MRI machine

In fairness, it's very tough to compete with that kind of vision.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
It's week 3.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
SF's injury list went from "eh, they're still good" to "geez, I actually feel sorry for a rival" to just downright hilarious how 2020 it has become.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Too bad nick bosa's career hasn't been ended

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Coldforge posted:

It's week 3.

Looking good for another Super Bowl run!

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Coldforge posted:

It's week 3.

Small price to pay to beat the Jets.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
that injury list legit looks like the vietnam memorial

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

MakaVillian posted:

Well, I mean he got no first team reps and probably limited reps overall so that may not be the best game to judge him with a decent team.

Oh God now I'm defending Nick Mullins.

The only bright side is that Kris Kocurek was his dline coach in Detroit so maybe he can get something out of him.

Pretend I posted a gif of a 40 year old man easily outrunning him last season. Dude is washed.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2910134-report-carroll-shanahan-fangio-fined-100k-by-nfl-for-not-wearing-masks

Carroll and Shanahan each hit with $100k fines for not wearing masks. Each team for $250k. While I am hardcore on the side of mask wearing (or not leaving the house), I have watched enough games so far this season that I can see no team is doing jack poo poo about COVID until the season ends or we live with it.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
But nothing for Bill Belichick's bullshit bird beak setup?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Lifespan posted:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2910134-report-carroll-shanahan-fangio-fined-100k-by-nfl-for-not-wearing-masks

Carroll and Shanahan each hit with $100k fines for not wearing masks. Each team for $250k. While I am hardcore on the side of mask wearing (or not leaving the house), I have watched enough games so far this season that I can see no team is doing jack poo poo about COVID until the season ends or we live with it.

Neither Gruden nor Payton wore their mask at all during MNF. Gruden's was solely stuck on his chin the entire time.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Raku posted:

that injury list legit looks like the vietnam memorial

Teams have won the Super Bowl with less talent than that injury report.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Lifespan posted:

Kinda dumb. The whole point of all the testing is to make it impossible to spread between football players and staff. And while extra precautions are nice, I don't really see the problem with a play caller not wearing mask in an enormous stadium surrounded by people who were all tested and cleared earlier that morning. Even more silly in a non-domed stadium.

It's probably more about the message than the chance of transmission I guess, the NFL wants to be seen as cautious and strict on covid stuff

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Smacking the dumb assholes in the face for not setting a good example to The Kids is what people said the weed suspensions were for (when they weren't being drugwar bigots), so lets have it for not wearing a mask during a pandemic.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yup if they're going to have masks at all, they need to not be seen on TV constantly and flagrantly not using them properly or at all. The habit of pulling down the mask specifically for when you are about to talk to someone face-to-face is particularly farcical and I saw refs doing it tonight in addition to coaches.

Maybe they should all get some andy reid cap-brim face shield things. He kept his unfogged this weekend.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Yeah especially for play calling and ref penalty announcements. You've got microphones you dumbshits, there's no reason to pull the mask down!

I was also wondering why you see coaches pull their mask down then shield their face with the play sheet when calling in plays. Just keep you mask on and your mouth is guarded from having someone read your lips. Unless that's like a legitimate defense against parabolic microphones or something.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's hilarious when they pull the mask down and then keep holding up a playsheet to hide their mouths while calling plays. Like, bro, you literally have the mask right there, it's a perfect time to use it. Old habits die hard I guess.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

coach brain is a powerful force, and no plague on earth can truly hope to defeat it

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Benne posted:

It's hilarious when they pull the mask down and then keep holding up a playsheet to hide their mouths while calling plays. Like, bro, you literally have the mask right there, it's a perfect time to use it. Old habits die hard I guess.

My favourite was Mullet Belichick covering his mouth with the playsheet, while wearing his mask.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Play posted:

Leonard Floyd is such an improvement on Clay Matthews though! He made some huge plays on Sunday, although yeah his pass rushing hasn't been quite there yet. But he protects the edge so much better and is better against the run than Matthews ever was here.

As far as the rest of the D line, yeah it's probably the biggest weakness on the team right now despite Donald. Because it's basically him and a bunch of guys who don't match up against NFL O linemen that well.

On the other hand, the secondary looks vastly improved from last year. That gorgeous pick in the end zone from former nobody Darious Williams basically sealed the game, and Jordan Fuller is starting to look like a star safety. Add Jalen Ramsey, John Johnson, and Taylor Rapp and you've got a nice group of DBs. The weakest link definitely seems to be Troy Hill.

Floyd is an upgrade for sure, he's helped against the run a lot. Need Samson Ebukam to step up or Jachai Polite to get some more passing down snaps I think, Donald really can't do it all by himself. Terrell Lewis might help once he's off the PUP. Other then that the defense seems good. Troy Hill is probably looking at getting replaced by David Long at some point, I would imagine Darious Williams is going to stick around as the nickel back.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I should also throw in that I fully expected the Rams to start 0-3 and pick it up after that so 2-0 is a nice surprise but I think the Bills will beat them this week.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Play posted:

Kinda dumb. The whole point of all the testing is to make it impossible to spread between football players and staff. And while extra precautions are nice, I don't really see the problem with a play caller not wearing mask in an enormous stadium surrounded by people who were all tested and cleared earlier that morning. Even more silly in a non-domed stadium.

It's probably more about the message than the chance of transmission I guess, the NFL wants to be seen as cautious and strict on covid stuff

Are coaching staffs tested as frequently as the players though? If not I can see why the coaches and support staff have to wear masks.

Of course it's kind of pointless when the majority never seem to actually wear the masks.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Petes problem is that he's wearing the stupid rear end scarf mask that probably doesnt even work and just encourages pulling it down constantly. Just get a normal surgical mask people.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think the only person who's been effectively wearing a mask is BoB. Seems to be an inverse relationship to coaching ability and mask wearing ability.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Floyd is an upgrade for sure, he's helped against the run a lot. Need Samson Ebukam to step up or Jachai Polite to get some more passing down snaps I think, Donald really can't do it all by himself. Terrell Lewis might help once he's off the PUP. Other then that the defense seems good. Troy Hill is probably looking at getting replaced by David Long at some point, I would imagine Darious Williams is going to stick around as the nickel back.

Troy Hill really elevated his play last year, so he's had a disappointing start to this season.

Samson Ebukam is definitely someone who needs to step it up. Some games he is really good, and then he's a no-show in others. Frustrating.

Leonard Floyd has certainly been a pleasant surprise so far.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

quote:

FiveThirtyEight, the analytics website, projected Monday that the NFC West could have four playoff teams. They predict the Seahawks at 11-5, the Rams at 10-6 and the Cardinals and 49ers at 9-7. The Rams are better than projected. The Cardinals look so much better on defense and they have Kyler Murray at quarterback.

That would be amazing

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

kensei posted:

That would be amazing

Only division losses

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1308872424247758848?s=2

Well okay then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

They've been liked to Clay Mathews since like before last season ended.