Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

The_Rob posted:

I didn’t know where else to post this but this got me laughing pretty hard.

https://twitter.com/allisongill/status/1308115412689715200?s=21
None of our progressive hopes will be realized. SCOTUS will be lost for decades. People will die. No health care. No legalization of marijuana. No education funding. No social security. No pandemic plan. No respite for immigrants and asylum seekers. No Roe v Wade. No living wage. Money stays in politics. No free elections. Electoral college stays. Gerrymandering gets worse. No representation. No rule of law. No “for the people by the people”. 21/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Oh hell yes, a beltway garage

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Every GetFiscal opening is better than the last.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

El Burbo posted:

Oh hell yes, a beltway garage

Content: achieved.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

The_Rob posted:

I didn’t know where else to post this but this got me laughing pretty hard.

https://twitter.com/allisongill/status/1308115412689715200?s=21

lordy

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
That is one loving amazing display of your own belly. Holy poo poo, what an ABSURDLY deluded liberal.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I mean, it's reasonable to think voting for Biden is a good idea, but it's pretty telling that she doesn't mention at all what she thought of the 2020 primary. The only rational (optimistic) view of the Biden presidency is that it will slightly delay the destruction of humanity vs a Trump presidency, but that Americans really, really deserve a better candidate.

Biden v Trump has to be understood as part of the larger ecosystem that will spiral this country and maybe the world into dust. Instead it will Democrats vs. Satan forever; you don't want Satan to win do you?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://twitter.com/majorityfm/status/1307107957184831488

Virgil Explains His Absence

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

little munchkin posted:

big news all! I dunno how many ppl here follow amber on insta but she confirmed the rumors that one of the boys is going to ue the y-slur on the next premium ep. looking forward to it!

Felix becoming a Tottenham Hotspur fan just to yell it at people.

Edit: Tottenham Hotslur

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I normally like the beltway garage a lot, but there's no hope, and it's depressing to have it explained point by point. Had to bail after a little while. :smith:

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

pog boyfriend posted:

(politically) Bitch i look like goku. bitch i look like vegeta, Im hopping out that old school -- 64 impala,

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Producer Chris revealing a lot about himself by assuming "the hangover after a college charity kegger" is a universal human experience.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

ArfJason posted:

"Mah [n word soft a]"

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I wanted to add on to what they said about the KY senate race. Mitch has been running ads that show Amy right next to AOC and Sanders, calling her "too liberal for Kentucky" with a sound clip of her saying she's to the left of most Kentuckians. That's why all her ads have been "I'm conservative and a veteran, I was even prepared to blow up civilian planes on 9/11." Kentucky politics is, for whatever reason, impossible for non-Kentuckians to get right or understand and it is immensely frustrating. Normally this doesn't matter because it's some BS article in the Times about our governor race or whatever. I think it's because everything that happens nationally happens in KY first but I don't know beyond that.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

What if it was called "Dumbass Bitch House" ?

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Dongicus posted:

Still better than "n-word n-word house", which is its current name smh

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Chapo House N-

ArfJason: AAAAAAAAAAARGH

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chakan posted:

I wanted to add on to what they said about the KY senate race. Mitch has been running ads that show Amy right next to AOC and Sanders, calling her "too liberal for Kentucky" with a sound clip of her saying she's to the left of most Kentuckians. That's why all her ads have been "I'm conservative and a veteran, I was even prepared to blow up civilian planes on 9/11." Kentucky politics is, for whatever reason, impossible for non-Kentuckians to get right or understand and it is immensely frustrating. Normally this doesn't matter because it's some BS article in the Times about our governor race or whatever. I think it's because everything that happens nationally happens in KY first but I don't know beyond that.

every state's internal politics are incomprehensible to outsiders. mcgrath's just one of a half dozen or so conservative ex-troops who for whatever reason happen to know a ton of rich people that chuck schumer recruited for senate races across the country

he's kind of a schmuck but matt jones' interview with trillbillies a few months back he went into the process of meeting with schumer which tracks almost exactly with what a state senator in north carolina told a college class last year about his meeting with schumer and being discouraged from running. it's all a pyramid scheme to siphon money to the dscc who in turn doles it out to various consultants and vendors, hence the pod jons' recent push to give even more money to mcgrath (currently polling 15 points down) under the guise of getting rid of mcconnell

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Virgil leaning towards Dems taking the house, senate, and presidency eh...

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Dongicus posted:

Ah, a Congress joke

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Important update from the Christman vlog: Matt is a big Cake fan.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Gripweed posted:

Producer Chris revealing a lot about himself by assuming "the hangover after a college charity kegger" is a universal human experience.

LOL "the hangover after the party" is a pretty universal metaphor dude.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
lmao Matt saying that this may be the trigger toward waking up democratic leaders toward fighting republicans ah hah hah

"i think guys like Schumer could be intimidated to some sort of action."

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Jonas Albrecht posted:

If the elections are legitimate, then that is the most likely outcome at this time. Though that is a big if and the result is nowhere close to being a sure thing.

Serf
May 5, 2011

papa horny michael posted:

lmao Matt saying that this may be the trigger toward waking up democratic leaders toward fighting republicans ah hah hah

"i think guys like Schumer could be intimidated to some sort of action."

for a guy who is so cynical and on point he sometimes has weird moments of fantasy

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nadler brought up court packing which is more than I thought any of the poo poo dems would.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Jonas Albrecht posted:

If the polls are mostly true and disenfranchisement is relatively limited, Trump is in real trouble. And if Trump goes down, the GOP senate majority goes with him.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i don't know where else to put this. good lord.

https://twitter.com/AnimeSerbia/status/1308460160260726787?s=20

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Serf posted:

for a guy who is so cynical and on point he sometimes has weird moments of fantasy

i think their idea of 'being black-pilled', as they dismissively cite, against the 'chiller' version of being grill-pilled are both attempts to fight their own complete disillusionment with our society

would they call native american activists fighting against all-comers, but also working with individuals of every party to seek protections for themselves as a black-pilled nature? i don't think so. it's simply realism. there's no reality where dem leaders work against biden to pack courts, and so on

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Human Tornada posted:

LOL "the hangover after the party" is a pretty universal metaphor dude.

yes but there were more words than that in my post

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

PostNouveau posted:

Important update from the Christman vlog: Matt is a big Cake fan.

Confirmed good music according to Matt Christman:

Camptown Races (song)
Cake (band)

Pretty sure that's it but maybe I'm missing some of the deeper Chapo lore.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Confirmed good music according to Matt Christman:

Camptown Races (song)
Cake (band)

Pretty sure that's it but maybe I'm missing some of the deeper Chapo lore.

Now someone link the Camptown Races/Crazy Town mashup.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Well Virgil certainly has a terrifying vision of the near future

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Gripweed posted:

yes but there were more words than that in my post

Which word is the one you're having trouble with? Are people who haven't gone to college not supposed to be able to figure out what "college charity kegger" means in this context? The point of a metaphor is that you don't have to have personally experienced it to understand it's meaning.

Clibanarius
Sep 22, 2020

by Athanatos

What, uh, does this mean? I'm familiar with Sam Pritchard, but what's the rest of this

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Human Tornada posted:

Which word is the one you're having trouble with? Are people who haven't gone to college not supposed to be able to figure out what "college charity kegger" means in this context? The point of a metaphor is that you don't have to have personally experienced it to understand it's meaning.

That's not the point of a metaphor. The point of a metaphor is to illustrate one thing by comparing it to another thing. In this case, Chris illustrated the state of the Democratic party after a clean sweep victory by comparing it to that universal experience of the post-college charity kegger hangover.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Clibanarius posted:

What, uh, does this mean? I'm familiar with Sam Pritchard, but what's the rest of this

Samantha Pritchard

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Clibanarius posted:

a podcaster person has died, one of the hosts of a show called "girls chat" which i've never listened to. anyway, a bunch of people are posting that Pritchard is, somehow, responsible for the death of this person. i don't know if they're sincere or if they're doing some super macabre shitposting, it's hosed up.

that post in particular is making a joke saying that samantha couldn't have killed them.

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 23, 2020

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Human Tornada posted:

I'm thinking that "charity kegger" sounds like some fraternity bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clibanarius
Sep 22, 2020

by Athanatos

Gripweed posted:

Samantha Pritchard

News to me. Will update my records accordingly.