Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Baron von Eevl posted:

A lot of people seem to be taking the angle that "calling it an upset is demeaning to her and implies that she didn't deserve the win" and I kinda get where they're coming from. Also the actual article has some lovely takes in it.

Sounds like they’re pretty upset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Baron von Eevl posted:

A lot of people seem to be taking the angle that "calling it an upset is demeaning to her and implies that she didn't deserve the win" and I kinda get where they're coming from. Also the actual article has some lovely takes in it.

Well, it's the loving NY Post. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt (tho obv the meaning of the word upset depends on whether it's a noun or an adjective this language is so dumb)

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I fail to see the idiocy.

I wake up in the morning hoping my husband and my kids will be happy. I do not want to wake up in the morning thinking about the business I want to start. This is the most :capitalism: of false dichotomies.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Getting big "I've been working out!" vibes.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My phone keeps eating my posts!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Picnic Princess posted:

Getting big "I've been working out!" vibes.

Same vein:

Sure man, it’s everyone else who’s stupid and boring.

(I think his “meaningful” thing was waxing philosophical about kickboxing)

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.
https://twitter.com/xanolabars/status/1308096370046316545?s=21

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Dewgy posted:

Same vein:

Sure man, it’s everyone else who’s stupid and boring.

(I think his “meaningful” thing was waxing philosophical about kickboxing)

dude is all edge and no point

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
You got 17 reacts and seven comments, don't get greedy

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

captainOrbital posted:

Well, it's the loving NY Post. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt (tho obv the meaning of the word upset depends on whether it's a noun or an adjective this language is so dumb)

or verb! :eng101:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/glennbeck/status/1307472038123073536

ONE BILLION AMERICANS, this year's spookiest halloween hit

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

subpar anachronism posted:

dude is all edge and no point

Like a sharpened frisbee.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I can't not read this in the Dr Evil voice.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

https://twitter.com/glennbeck/status/1307472038123073536

Is this some "repopulate the US after COVID kills everyone" effort?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ladies and gentlemen, begin to gently caress.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"We need to literally triple our population, for reasons."

"Can we have better wages/healthcare/environment so that having so many children isn't an incredible burden?"

"No."

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
This is somehow the first time I have heard Yglesias' voice, and my God what an unpleasant sound. Headphone warning for his lip smacks.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

To get that sorta production numbers we'll probably have to outsource to china.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Kill One Billion Americans is my favorite comic

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Having a whinge on facebook because nobody liked the thing I put up ... that's priceless.

I mean seriously, sure it's vapid and self absorbed to a certain degree to care that much about how many "likes" one gets. But to have a public sook and claim moral superiority in the very same platform when something you expected to get 20 million likes gets none is, in my worthless opinion, worse.

And what shits me about that is the "Nobody likes deep and meaningful stuff etc." whinge will probably get a tonne of likes, thus validating the arsehole in question and invalidating his point at the same time.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Very strong Mike Muir Institutionalized vibes (especially the last verse (3:00))
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvYMej1meZU

AFewBricksShy has a new favorite as of 11:58 on Sep 22, 2020

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

Also less fuel efficient, could tip over at the slightest failure, incredibly hard to turn, and will crash into everything.

See them gliding along the rails
Under the bridge at midnight
Heads turning as the legs rising up
Are so high
And rolling out and on the four line track
There's a gyro rolling on its back
On its back
And I sense a rhythm humming in a frenzy
All the way round its frame

Trains on stilts

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

People take their grammar REALLY loving SERIOUSLY :mad:
Red dude is in it till the very end.
(the white highlights are just people who make one off comments)

Vib Rib posted:

Also less fuel efficient, could tip over at the slightest failure, incredibly hard to turn, and will crash into everything.

At about 4:00 in - "The only condition on our part will be obtaining the entire ownership of the infrastructure" - so also privatising your entire city transport system. The previews show the interior will have stewards like an airplane serving people snacks and drinks. That definitely won't cause issues for struggling people. I imagine you'd be able to protest it by constructing a very large pile of bricks like a jenga tower.

TheMostFrench has a new favorite as of 13:27 on Sep 22, 2020

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

AFewBricksShy posted:

Very strong Mike Muir Institutionalized vibes (especially the last verse (3:00))
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvYMej1meZU

That was the first thing that popped into my mind too. Get scooter boy a Pepsi stat!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

TheMostFrench posted:

People take their grammar REALLY loving SERIOUSLY :mad:
Red dude is in it till the very end.
(the white highlights are just people who make one off comments)

What a stupid hill to die on. But that's Facebook comments on a loving service ad for you.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Push El Burrito posted:

I'm the people walking by with no barrier.

In dahir insaat world everything works perfectly all the time no matter how complicated it is or how many moving parts it has. Nothing every gets dirty and nothing ever deviates from its proscribed path.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
If you've never seen them, please do yourself a favor and watch some dahir insaat videos from the retsupurae channel

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaelxMx37ZE_-pYWUTLZe87eDrFi0qGbw

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I initially kind of felt bad for the guy but the way he 'speeds' off in his moped cracked me the gently caress up

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

My new dahir insaat video, the indoor moped, so you can do that whenever you're having a bad time.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/ellenbyron/status/1307782208636190720

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Push El Burrito posted:

I'm the people walking by with no barrier.

yeah the problem with these really cool imaginings of a revamped, reworked, and functional public transport here in North America is that outside major cities, it's seen as solely useful for the poor.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Sometimes they're just worried about it allowing minorities to access the suburbs

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Soylent Pudding posted:

Sometimes they're just worried about it allowing minorities to access the suburbs

You need to know this in order to understand public transit in Atlanta.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Loky11 posted:

yeah the problem with these really cool imaginings of a revamped, reworked, and functional public transport here in North America is that outside major cities, it's seen as solely useful for the poor.

impractical and wild technologies for mass transit seem plausible because they let us imagine an alternate future reality in which any sort of mass transit at all has adequate political support and funding to exist

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

ultrafilter posted:

You need to know this in order to understand public transit in Atlanta.

Am from Gwinnett county, can confirm.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Soylent Pudding posted:

Am from Gwinnett county, can confirm.

I have been wanting MARTA in North Cobb for years, and they're running out of excuses.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Cloacamazing! posted:

Is this some "repopulate the US after COVID kills everyone" effort?

the baby boomers are going to try to make enough babies to reincarnate into. no one gently caress to stop them.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

snergle posted:

the baby boomers are going to try to make enough babies to reincarnate into. no one gently caress to stop them.

Waaaay ahead of you boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
gwinnett will get marta before cobb does. gwinnett nearly got it approved last year but couldn't convince voters in east gwinnett who would never need to use marta anyway it was worth the tax hike. but the republican gwinnett government is totally in support of marta expansion, to the point that the county's purchased a large plot of land ready for a multimodal station directly on the extendable right of way. like the pieces are in place and now it's just a question of convincing the electorate to vote yes for once

cobb county, on the other hand, will remain a racist exclave for much longer. there isn't nearly the same political support either from county government or from voters, even after the state permitted cobb to create a carve-out district so that only people who live in the marta service area would pay the splost