Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Not So Fast posted:

Can't wait for Donald Trump Thought to be taught in schools.

Every newly married couple will receive a copy of the Art of the Deal with a new forward detailing the components parts of Donald Trump Thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/60Minutes/status/1307835718778093568?s=20

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

coming after our precious bodily fluids?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Not So Fast posted:

Donald Trump Thought

im going to be laughing at this for a long time

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

coming after our precious bodily fluids?

clearly China is behind the nefarious adrenochrome harvesting paedophile ring that Q warned us about!!!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I think the part of geopolitic China has been acting tough after Covid is Hong Kong. The new Security Law was established more quickly and executed swiftly against some kids. And you can make a case for Sino-india border and for Taiwan with the naval exercises. But none of them are acting against US. US doesn't get to have a claim in Hong Kong.

China actually has not done head to head exercise in SCS, which China entirely could since US had a couple plague ridden carriers. So quit whining McMaster.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 13:35 on Sep 21, 2020

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AranetaConcha/status/1307993750224822272

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1307534658192670720

i cant get past how thai protestors have unironically appropriated the hunger games salute

like everything about their cause sounds just but every time i see that salute i cant even take them slightly seriously

yeah the thai opposition is a little bit embarrassing with this stuff, i guess when you've successfully eliminated all real opposition the only inspiration people have is media.

that said they are entirely in the right, the thai monarchy and military government is reactionary and corrupt to the core, and the opposition now is a mix between basically young progressive liberal types who supported the (now banned) Future Forward Party and the old red shirt thaksin backed populists.

Sheng-Ji Yang has issued a correction as of 18:01 on Sep 21, 2020

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Is the "People's Plaque" idea also from a fictional YA universe?

Just read some French history god drat.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Le me, telling SE Asians to look to the French for revolutionary advice

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

stephenthinkpad posted:

Is the "People's Plaque" idea also from a fictional YA universe?

Just read some French history god drat.

no the plaque is a pretty important thing in thai history

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-plaque/plaque-commemorating-thai-revolution-removed-prompting-outcry-idUSKBN17H044

it was the only monument to the Siamese Revolution that ended the absolute monarchy, and the current King had the old plaque removed quietly in the middle of the night a few years ago.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Thanks for the plaque info.

Maximo Roboto posted:

Le me, telling SE Asians to look to the French for revolutionary advice

The Thai king needs some fast moving metal plate to help him cool off his head.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 20:01 on Sep 21, 2020

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
new PLA military song... this one for forklift drivers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Mb7a4ta5g

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the general rule about military media is that you want imagery of soldiers doing cool poo poo, jumping through flaming hula hoops or launching off aircraft carriers in jets. shows motion and attracts the eye. but it's hard to do that with forklifts so they just have them spin around an obstacle course, which, well...

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

The PLA is a trashfire that operates more like the National Guard rather than an actual army, consisting of only the most desperate rural poor and their unemployable (but well-connected) officer class. Spinning trucks around and doing swingset drills is actually an improvement from using soldiers as manual labor or getting into huge street fights with a rival unit

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

That video of the India/China border clash where the PLA officer is just screaming and hollering dumb poo poo and his translator is trying to work something out w/ the indian officer who is de-escalating

just lol... PLA is exactly where some idiot rich kid ends up running things despite everyone knowing they're incompetent, and they'll have to purge their officer class if China ever gets into actual conflict

Antonymous has issued a correction as of 20:52 on Sep 21, 2020

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/AymanM/status/1308107787621277697?s=20

This just makes me wonder how many NYPD goons are taking bribes to spy on people tbh

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Grapplejack posted:

https://twitter.com/AymanM/status/1308107787621277697?s=20

This just makes me wonder how many NYPD goons are taking bribes to spy on people tbh

From the replies to this I found out that Naomi Wolf is on the anti-China bandwagon now.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

honestly though, if the poo poo like expediated download of stuff from vehicles and forklift training are common things in the PLA the US has serious problems with its logistics trainings for its soldiers.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Cao Ni Ma posted:

honestly though, if the poo poo like expediated download of stuff from vehicles and forklift training are common things in the PLA the US has serious problems with its logistics trainings for its soldiers.

The white brokebrains in this thread:

quote:

Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.

Basically the country that operates multiple aircraft carriers, hypersonic cruise missiles and fleets of large transport aircraft is also at the same time so corrupt and incompetent that they're "only the most desperate rural poor and their unemployable (but well-connected) officer class."

Also this thread: India, a country that is literally surrounded on every single border by either a Chinese ally or a country at least friendly to China, is going to surround China with the aid of Japan.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
well having your army be like one giant national guard is like a "people's army."

creighton abrams (they named a tank after him) realized that the U.S. had lost the political will to fight in vietnam and restructured the army to devolve more and more responsibilities to the guard. the U.S. army today can carry out a raid, like a special forces op, but to go big requires that every state is going to have troops taken from their guard forces, which means that those governors have to agree, binding those state governors to the war. it's structurally impossible for the U.S. army today to fight a big war without heavily relying on the guard for basic poo poo like food and fuel.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

well having your army be like one giant national guard is like a "people's army."

creighton abrams (they named a tank after him) realized that the U.S. had lost the political will to fight in vietnam and restructured the army to devolve more and more responsibilities to the guard. the U.S. army today can carry out a raid, like a special forces op, but to go big requires that every state is going to have troops taken from their guard forces, which means that those governors have to agree, binding those state governors to the war. it's structurally impossible for the U.S. army today to fight a big war without heavily relying on the guard for basic poo poo like food and fuel.

Not just logistics, reserve component forces for artillery/mechanized infantry are being deactivated and integrated into the national guard. Soon most if not all "combat" focused reserve jobs will be national guard only, if they aren't already with the reserve components being mostly centered around logistics, signal, engineering, medical and maybe some MPs.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JChengWSJ/status/1307945407419424769

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTfmc_QupWk

:munch:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

wow cool

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

That "simulated video" is just editing together b roll from a bunch of other sources, including, I believe, The Hurt Locker.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Mantis42 posted:

That "simulated video" is just editing together b roll from a bunch of other sources, including, I believe, The Hurt Locker.

does that make it not simulated video

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:31 on Mar 23, 2021

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF6LQw4BYuA

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I heard an argument which make sense to me, China must be Trump's single most hated entity personally, because in Trump's mind his reelection 3D chess game was going real well until Covid19 came out of nowhere and hosed up his effort of pumping the stock market and job market. And he must think China need to pay for the Corona.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

stephenthinkpad posted:

I heard an argument which make sense to me, China must be Trump's single most hated entity personally, because in Trump's mind his reelection 3D chess game was going real well until Covid19 came out of nowhere and hosed up his effort of pumping the stock market and job market. And he must think China need to pay for the Corona.

nah China is a convenient scapegoat for a lot of dumb rightwing poo poo that his base gulps down. I think the political class in the US is worried about China because they want to do some imperialism but it's not personal to Trump in some way, at least not anymore than iran or palestine or previously syria or whatever.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I want a badass forklift operator t-shirt based on this.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I want to see a Chinese version of Staplerfahrer Klaus.

Oh wait, that's just every day on Chinese streets.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

THS posted:

yes!??!! exactly?? stuff the united states does all the time?? the united states literally invades other nations and murders them by the millions, causing massive displacement and refugee crises, while propping up literally the worst regimes on earth, regimes like saudi arabia that far and away outclass anyone else for pure cartoon evil. we lock up our own minorities at rates astoundingly higher than china or russia and are currently a giant loving covid super spreader party led by a demented gameshow host

the entire loving motivation is that some people hate america and they hate it because the united states is the greatest threat to world peace, racks up the highest body counts, imprisons more people than anyone, and we too love to murder our dissidents. the US is the ultimate source of reaction, and the hegemonic home of world capital, the very sword and battering ram of the capitalists who are loving killing the planet. this is the most hosed up place on earth. and we do it while claiming the mantle of democracy and human rights!!!

the grayzone’s motivation is to point out this rank hypocrisy and shine a light on this disgusting glass house that america constantly throws rocks from. do you think you have to get paid in rubles to reflexively take anti-american positions??

drat, this is a good post

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

stephenthinkpad posted:

He was doing dumb trade war stuff with China long before covid was a thing

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Jose posted:

He was doing dumb trade war stuff with China long before covid was a thing

I know that, I am saying he didn't personally hate China until mid 2020.

The trade war actually only change the Sino-US trade deficit to a minimal scale. The separated sanctions against Chinese high tech companies/semiconductor business affect China much more than the stuff in the trade war.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 13:22 on Sep 22, 2020

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

stephenthinkpad posted:

I know that, I am saying he didn't personally hate China until mid 2020.

The trade war actually only change the Sino-US trade deficit to a minimal scale. The separated sanctions against Chinese high tech companies/semiconductor business affect China much more than the stuff in the trade war.

Trump absolutely hated China around 2016, part of his pitch was complaining about them stealing jobs and manipulating their currency.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
before 2016 he was accusing China of inventing climate change as a hoax or something

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
lol I love the idea that President Donald Trump is some kind of principled Grand Ayatollah who "hates" a thing or not because of some deeply held principle and not just to rile up crowds of dumb white chuds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Throatwarbler posted:

lol I love the idea that President Donald Trump is some kind of principled Grand Ayatollah who "hates" a thing or not because of some deeply held principle and not just to rile up crowds of dumb white chuds.

He certainly hates things. But if you actually look at his complaints against China it's really the same song every US president has been singing since the USSR fell. R IPs :cry: