Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StepDadJeff
Feb 22, 2005

Justice Jesus
I'm counting on someone sharing the Amazon add to cart links before the actual product page goes up, just like with the PS5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looks like Best Buy sold out instantly, and I can't add the console to my shopping card at Target, and Xbox.com has crashed.

Hoppin Tin
Mar 5, 2004

SURFS UP BRO!
Fun Shoe
Got a Series X through walmart.com. Barely any issues. But says I won't receive it till Nov. 24 :(

(I live in Puerto Rico)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hoppin Tin posted:

Got a Series X through walmart.com. Barely any issues. But says I won't receive it till Nov. 24 :(

(I live in Puerto Rico)

Already sold out at Walmart.com :P So you got very lucky.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Currently on Review and Place order with Microsoft. Site is at a screeching halt.

mem
Sep 1, 2005
Tried refreshing the Amazon direct link for about a minute, said gently caress this, and ordered with no problems on Microsoft's store. Don't know why Amazon is such a disaster for this stuff with AWS and all.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
lol i think amazon just forgot

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
They're following Valve's "first day of a Steam sale" playbook.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

mem posted:

Tried refreshing the Amazon direct link for about a minute, said gently caress this, and ordered with no problems on Microsoft's store. Don't know why Amazon is such a disaster for this stuff with AWS and all.

Amazon doesn't actually care if you buy an xbox

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Elmon posted:

Currently on Review and Place order with Microsoft. Site is at a screeching halt.

Same, the "place order" button is greyed out.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
My order went through on Xbox.com. All the other stores are even more hosed than at the PS5 pre-order launch last week.

StepDadJeff
Feb 22, 2005

Justice Jesus
Microsoft.com was the only site I got it to go through on. Good luck out there, folks!

mem
Sep 1, 2005

Republicans posted:

Same, the "place order" button is greyed out.

Click to verify your address, same thing happened to me.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Failed on every single website, with accounts made and credit card info in. The only site left is Amazon who still don't seem to have it up for sale yet

You woulda thought Sony, Microsoft, and retailers in general would have planned for this after what happened to Switches back in March

e: The Amazon page is now just showing dogs

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

mem posted:

Tried refreshing the Amazon direct link for about a minute,
is there an actual product page link or is it still that "learn about series x" page

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Best Buy still has it as "coming soon" so I dunno what they're doing.

lol that I got a PS5 easier than this

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

e: The Amazon page is now just showing dogs

This is what happened with PlayStation 5 on Amazon as well.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Got an order placed through microsoft. It kept giving me an error with processing my card but eventually went through. Now I just need the card to not be declined for whatever reason.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1308425979539398657?s=21

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I was able to order from a sketchy and short-lived Walmart All Access link this morning, but I was going to get a second pre-order in case Walmart cancels early orders. I'm sure the Microsoft Store will pop up again eventually.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Stux posted:

dont go in person to a store to get a console in 2020 thank you

Because of COVID? Or just because it's antiquated? Put a mask on and don't lick anything, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Fat_Cow posted:

I wonder how long until the narratives start about one console selling out much quicker than the other.

Without knowing how many units each company made available this would be pointless, but I'm sure the hundreds of click bait articles don't mind those silly details. From what I've seen the X seems to be selling out fast and the S is available here in the UK. People saying it's been tricky to get the All Access option, with the sites crashing while doing the credit checks.

I'll buy an X if I see one even though I keep thinking there's not really any rush to get one just yet. Deep down I know I must consume.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

mem posted:

Click to verify your address, same thing happened to me.

That almost worked, now the review and place order page won't load.

Edit: Finally went through, now to hope I don't get some dumb "Oops we over-sold we'll get you one when we get you one" e-mail later.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Sep 22, 2020

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

I think I have it in my cart via Target but it won't let me check out.

When I try to add it, it says I already have it in the cart. Then I go to my cart and it says it's empty.

mem
Sep 1, 2005

Roman posted:

is there an actual product page link or is it still that "learn about series x" page

I just saw web errors and dogs, I used a "direct" link from IGN's twitter, I'm assuming their link was correct because it's the same thing that happened with the ps5 (ordered one for my son).

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Crafty posted:

Without knowing how many units each company made available this would be pointless, but I'm sure the hundreds of click bait articles don't mind those silly details. From what I've seen the X seems to be selling out fast and the S is available here in the UK. People saying it's been tricky to get the All Access option, with the sites crashing while doing the credit checks.

Seems Gamestop has lower allocations then they did with PS5. But, that's one company.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Got one from the Microsoft store, pages were loading slowly but eventually went through and got email confirmation

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

As far as Microsoft is concerned too, this pre-order has actually gone more smoothly than Xbox One, because pre-orders actually sold out this time.

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

Supreme Allah posted:

Got one from the Microsoft store, pages were loading slowly but eventually went through and got email confirmation

Same here. Kept getting “you have exceeded the allotment for this item” errors but it eventually worked. Everything slow but it did go through, even though I had to verify my address and update the CC billing address.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

Supreme Allah posted:

same, although it bothers me a little bit that there's a lot more success with this route than the other. looking forward to getting an email on Nov 10 saying SORRY BUT YOUR ORDER IS NOW ARRIVING IN 2021

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

The MS store seems to slowly be getting more responsive. I was able to grab a series x.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

I can't even get the Microsoft store page to load. Do they have free shipping?

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Free shipping on my order at least.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Apparently this product won't ship to my country, which is America? Thanks microsoft.com I didn't really want one anyway

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Happy Hedonist posted:

The MS store seems to slowly be getting more responsive. I was able to grab a series x.

Same. Best Buy and Amazon still seem to have not offered them

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I made it as far as getting an order confirmation on the Gamestop website, "Due to high volume, it make take up to 15 minutes for a confirmation email"

I did this twice so I might accidentally own two xbonesx or they might cancel them both. I paid through paypal for both orders but even Paypal is getting hammered right now

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

zenintrude posted:

Apparently this product won't ship to my country, which is America? Thanks microsoft.com I didn't really want one anyway

Same thing. Then I refreshed and 404. Amazon you are my only hope now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bum the Sad posted:

Same. Best Buy and Amazon still seem to have not offered them

Amazon is whatever, but i'm legit surprised at Best Buy dropping the ball on this. For a company that is barely able to stay afloat now, this is not a good time to screw up on one of the biggest pre-orders of the year.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

The Grey posted:

I think I have it in my cart via Target but it won't let me check out.

When I try to add it, it says I already have it in the cart. Then I go to my cart and it says it's empty.

This has been my exact experience. I even got to the point of entering payment information after like half an hour of the website making GBS threads itself, and now apparently it's out of stock :(

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

I said come in! posted:

Amazon is whatever, but i'm legit surprised at Best Buy dropping the ball on this. For a company that is barely able to stay afloat now, this is not a good time to screw up on one of the biggest pre-orders of the year.

Right and this week they should have been able to prepare, unlike last week where PS5 pre-orders started early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

I said come in! posted:

Yeah I spend a good amount of money at Best Buy and use their rewards program and everything. I actually wanted to buy from them.