Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I've started reading Oretachi no Field by the guy who did Red and even though the tl is really wack I think he's one of my favorite artists now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The first match is against that most fearsome of shonen foes: fifth graders who have hit their growth spurt playing defense.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Red owns and i should read it again

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This translation is killing me

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hee hee

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Calm down...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Dramas tonight @ 8pm eastern, Amachan idol management arc continues, a special showing of extremely dramatic reality show Denpa Shonen and yes of course its the Nasubi episode, and Ryomaden is there also but tbh we might skip Ryomaden because Nasubi is a little long
https://cytu.be/r/okayletswatchdramas

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Captain Cappy posted:

Where the gently caress are our speech bubbles?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This translator tled "mangaka" as "comicus" which is what I'm going to call comics authors from now on

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

just added a comicus to my space marine army

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
You ever read a loooot of a bad translation and your brain begins to automatically replace the messed up words

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
ive been there for years haha. on the internet we all speak in broken english nowadays too

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

cumicus

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/GKIDSfilms/status/1308407629752958976?s=20

GKIDS, I am dying here, please give it to me.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of Lupin, has there been any word from the creators recently regarding the possibility of a Season 6?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
He has an "I'm walkin' here!" accent! I did not know I needed that! :kimchi:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, the main cast is primarily the cast from the Part 2 and Parts 4/5 dubs, and they've become the iconic English voices, though nowadays it seems like Zenigata switches between Doug Erholz and Richard Epcar depending on production.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I've only seen Cagliostro and the dub on Netflix which I heard is bad but I loveeeed it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The dub of Lupin III Part 2 is art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1meE9NBTIk

Later dubs don't get quite this gonzo with it, but it works for Part 2.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The Hampsterdance song

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm thinking about how Wyvern Rhadamantys, the supposedly terriyfing and awesomely powerful antagonist of the Saint Seiya Hades arc does nothing for 40 episodes but fall off of a roof at one point

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Saint Seiya Hades arc is one of the greatdst shaggy dog tales told in animation. There's always the threat of something happening but it never delivers. At one point a stretch of two or three episodes is revealed to have been a nightmare by the main character, whose body is stuck in ice on the lowest level of hell, and all he says is "What a messed up dream. I wonder what's really going on" and then it cuts away from him.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

The Saint Seiya Hades arc is one of the greatdst shaggy dog tales told in animation. There's always the threat of something happening but it never delivers. At one point a stretch of two or three episodes is revealed to have been a nightmare by the main character, whose body is stuck in ice on the lowest level of hell, and all he says is "What a messed up dream. I wonder what's really going on" and then it cuts away from him.

i got so pissed off that the hell judges all jobbed super hard

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Teibo is cute, I've decided

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

saint seiya pwns even though the only character from my country is the jobber gold saint that only got a W on the loving noncanon soul of gold series

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

How many wins does USA Saint get?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

But is the Phoenix Saint Ikki?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Captain Cappy posted:

How many wins does USA Saint get?

the jobber that replaces him on omega is american lol

e: wait no taurus harbinger actually was pretty strong

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

うほっ!いいきゅうべえ…

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Rewatching Ascendance of a Bookworm and man, hearing Koyasu do what probably sounds the closest to a chilled-out voice and he not quite but almost sounds... gently caress, I dunno, almost like he did back in the day when he started with Snufkin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twSHu13gw0s

Also shout-out to my mod buddy How Wonderful!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

verbal enema posted:

You ever read a loooot of a bad translation and your brain begins to automatically replace the messed up words

Absolutely, and it makes me wish I had better typesetting skills.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/kimetsu_off/status/1307122234604105731?s=20

The Demon Slayer movie is aiming high with a limited edition manga by Gotoge being given out to ticket holders. How limited? Well, not at all since the print run is 4.5 million copies. To put that into perspective, new volumes of One Piece have a print run of about 3 million copies, and that's One Piece.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
it's limited edition in the sense that it has only one print run, OP

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Ah, the old Unlimited Edition play. Classic keikkakû

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009