Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

If you zoom in on the top right of the can it says textured soy. Dunno if that means added or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

HTH this is a step up from the one with raw pet store goldfish on it

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Seriously though only buy solid white tuna in oil, tuna in water is self-harm

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Roundup Ready posted:

If you zoom in on the top right of the can it says textured soy. Dunno if that means added or what.

Apparently soy is a common filler for canned tuna. :psyduck:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

I'd 100% rather drink this than expensive whiskey.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I have some vodka and soy sauce. I'm sure I've drank worse things. 🤔

Edit:
I 100% have.

The Turkey-tini. Wild Turkey, cranberry, and possibly something else (lemon juice?). Served with a gravied rim. It was not 100% awful. Honestly the worst part was the cold gravy on the rim. Back before the dark times, I got one of the bartenders to make this for me for Thanksgiving last year. We had a tradition of coming up with awful joke drinks.

Edit 2:

It's basically a salty shot of vodka with a super weird aftertaste.

2/5 would not drink again.

dog nougat has a new favorite as of 17:01 on Sep 22, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This eez no so bad eh?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

dog nougat posted:

Edit:
I 100% have.

The Turkey-tini. Wild Turkey, cranberry, and possibly something else (lemon juice?). Served with a gravied rim. It was not 100% awful. Honestly the worst part was the cold gravy on the rim. Back before the dark times, I got one of the bartenders to make this for me for Thanksgiving last year. We had a tradition of coming up with awful joke drinks.

Edit 2:

Goonspeed you legend.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

The Bloop posted:

Who doesn't want clearance overstock tuna water

Seriously though only buy solid white tuna, chunk light is self-harm

With enough mayo any tuna is solid white.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MariusLecter posted:

With enough mayo any tuna is solid white.

I wish

It's basically the only thing I use mayo for in any quantity and "light" tuna is just bottom-shelf catfood

I'd rather not have tuna at all

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tuna's normally brown isn't it?

Like it's red when it comes off the fish so it would be weird if it went white?

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
I remember once a housemate had some dirt cheap German canned "chicken in white sauce" that he daren't eat. He opened it, warmed it over and I risked trying it. No joke it smelled like cat food, I tasted it, it was tuna no doubt about it. Sure it cost pennies a can but it was not chicken

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Rare or raw tuna is always heavenly. Cooked tuna, including canned, is always kind of tasteless.

My canned fish of choice is always going to be canned salmon. Canned salmon still tastes like fish.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would never have thought to describe canned tuna as "tasteless"

Or to recommend canned salmon over it, sardines or sprats maybe but not salmon. Canned salmon is pretty unpleasant in my experience.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The less stuff tastes like fish the better tbh

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Smoky, pungent, oily fish is very nice IMO, and hard to replicate otherwise. Lighter fish can be nice but is a little fussy to be worth bothering with IMO.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

OwlFancier posted:

I would never have thought to describe canned tuna as "tasteless"

Or to recommend canned salmon over it, sardines or sprats maybe but not salmon. Canned salmon is pretty unpleasant in my experience.

I liked a few years back when they came out with canned salmon - now with no skin!

Thanks, canneries!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

RoboRodent posted:

Rare or raw tuna is always heavenly. Cooked tuna, including canned, is always kind of tasteless.

Naw. Next time you're at a good sushi place ask if you can get grilled tuna collar. They often throw it away or use it for staff meal in the US because Americans are dumb, but it's one of the greatest things you'll ever eat if you can get it. At the sushi place I used to go to when I lived in Vegas they'd give it to me for free since it was unsellable and only the cool kids knew about it.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
trufacts

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
As someone who has tried Ancla canned tuna before, it's basically just thin tuna paste floating in water so you can't even really drain it and it has no texture.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Televisio Frankus posted:

As someone who has tried Ancla canned tuna before, it's basically just thin tuna paste floating in water so you can't even really drain it and it has no texture.

all right let's see the cocktail that uses Ancla canned tuna water

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

TheAardvark posted:

all right let's see the cocktail that uses Ancla canned tuna water

It's called the Drowning Sailor. It's 2 parts blue curacao, 1 parts fish scales. Served in a used diva cup.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Kippered herring is delicious.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Grand Fromage posted:

Naw. Next time you're at a good sushi place ask if you can get grilled tuna collar. They often throw it away or use it for staff meal in the US because Americans are dumb, but it's one of the greatest things you'll ever eat if you can get it. At the sushi place I used to go to when I lived in Vegas they'd give it to me for free since it was unsellable and only the cool kids knew about it.

absolutely, also salmon collar is delicious as well but the Seattle area is aware of it so it's not free. :smith:

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

I'll keep this in mind. Always up to try a new fish.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Every canned salmon I have ever tried was unpleasantly bitter, especially the aftertaste. I'd chose chunk white tuna over it any day.

But the best canned fish is kippered sardines in oil. It's like an ocean Slim Jim. Greasy smoky salty meat. A+ snack material.

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

dog nougat posted:

Edit:
I 100% have.

Edit 2:

I have a group of buddies I go backpacking with that also enjoy creating miserable apocalypse cocktails by mixing whatever random stuff people have in their rucks and it's produced quite a few hell brews. The most offensive of which was probably Zurple.

In a 2 Liter bottle of Cherry Coke™, mix:

- 1/3rd Cherry Coke
- 1/3rd rosewater and Vodka
- 1/3rd Fireball
- 2 Caramel flavored backpacking energy goo packets
- 2 300mg caffeine pills

It tasted like a prison 4loko and the name was an attempt to describe the specific shade of earthy mauve it had turned :(

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

who the hell brings rosewater when they go backpacking

I guess a small bottle goes a long way and you never know when you might want to make some lokum on the trail

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
turkish delight, the brutal lie of candies

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Objurium posted:

I have a group of buddies I go backpacking with that also enjoy creating miserable apocalypse cocktails by mixing whatever random stuff people have in their rucks and it's produced quite a few hell brews. The most offensive of which was probably Zurple.

In a 2 Liter bottle of Cherry Coke™, mix:

- 1/3rd Cherry Coke
- 1/3rd rosewater and Vodka
- 1/3rd Fireball
- 2 Caramel flavored backpacking energy goo packets
- 2 300mg caffeine pills

It tasted like a prison 4loko and the name was an attempt to describe the specific shade of earthy mauve it had turned :(

loving what? Just shoot the fireball and vodka and chase with cherry coke. And take caffeine pills. Why the caramel goo? What happened to you that this all went together in a bottle?

I drink terrible things. I do horrid things. I don't understand this.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

bob dobbs is dead posted:

turkish delight, the brutal lie of candies
The good stuff is not a lie.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egHUkqmUVtk

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

That is one of the most Adderall Youtuber videos out there

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I enjoy that she time traveled from the 90's to give us this information.

Also do they make vegan worcestershire sauce?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Henderson's Relish is vegan and very close. Never seen it out of the UK though.

Butterfly Valley has a new favorite as of 17:04 on Sep 23, 2020

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

I enjoy that she time traveled from the 90's to give us this information.

Also do they make vegan worcestershire sauce?

the annie's brand, she of the rabbit mac and cheese, makes a vegan worcestershire sauce.

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

fizzymercy posted:

loving what? Just shoot the fireball and vodka and chase with cherry coke. And take caffeine pills. Why the caramel goo? What happened to you that this all went together in a bottle?

I drink terrible things. I do horrid things. I don't understand this.

There's a fine line to tread between "absolutely undrinkable" and "wow this is loving awful... Wanna try?" and the goal is to get as close as possible to the former without plunging into the abyss.

Can't argue with dumb camping traditions
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Scarodactyl posted:

The good stuff is not a lie.

no true turkishman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

TontoCorazon posted:

That is one of the most Adderall Youtuber videos out there

Adderall is pretty chill imo, this gal is likely on meth.