Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

nooooo all my dreams crushed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
Build the box, then throw the hammer in, then sacrifice the whole thing.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Operation Demon Box is wrong and dumb, for the record.
I just want this here to quote in the future when it goes all to hell.

Balder
Apr 3, 2011
3.OO

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
Every Strike is making me think that El would be very happy if we brought a demon to sacrifice at the foot of Mt. Har.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Lol that our hammer is bending the rules when it means potentially getting a sweet as gift for El

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

I would much rather do operation Demon Box than operation Supply Dor. It comes with a tremendous possible reward: massively increased [???] from the trip through the countryside carrying a demon, with the strong possibility of a major divine reward and/or significant aid from Baitel at the end of it. It's definitely riskier than I'd like - as with the Zuu, I think if the demon kills someone then we're probably on the hook for it legally speaking, and if it goes wrong in some other way then in the best case we've just lost a lot of good men and a huge amount of smithing time with nothing to show for it. But it's by no means a stupid idea.

Operation Supply Dor, meanwhile, just kind of sucks? There's a good chance that if we don't do it this timeskip, we'll have either a) covertly sent Dor large quantities of blooded bronze, b) persuaded Tudiya to give them high silver, or c) persuaded Tudiya to help them by other means, and if any of those things happen then Operation Supply Dor just massively pisses off the Mighty Men (and maybe Tudiya as well) for absolutely no reason. From the vote entry, I get the impression that they might actually do something drastic like challenge us to a duel to the death as a demon impostor or something. Meanwhile, if none of that happens and we still need to supply Dor, we can do it in the next timeskip - we have 20 more years until the Jubilee, plenty of time to help build up both Dor and Acco. I totally agree with the overall goal of protecting Dor, but this feels like the worst way to go about it.

(Also, RE smithing time for operation Demon Box: Speaking as someone who's not voting G, I'd be perfectly happy to devote a significant proportion of our smithing time to it if it wins, and have that override the outcome of the vote for question 3.)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Demon box! Demon box! Demon box!

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
I think it's too close to the Jubilee to lose a bunch of our strongest fighters to capturing a live demon. Maybe after we build them some better gear?

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

What if we just make the box and hold on to it until there's a jubilee fight and use it then.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
P sure the vote to actually make the box has already been locked in as failed and the current vote is what infrastructure project to do. Art house / the funding to capture a demon / send support to dor / sewer system.

Demon box, you guys. Actual demon in a box. If we use this time now to get fully geared then make the box next time it can be done successfully I think.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

I think it's too close to the Jubilee to lose a bunch of our strongest fighters to capturing a live demon. Maybe after we build them some better gear?

The good news is, IIRC it didn't sound like we could complete this before the Jubilee.

But yeah, what does Tudiya think of this idea?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Making a cage right now is a waste of time. If anything we should go mine some natural brass and see if we can remake our old flute with Every's help.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

super sweet best pal posted:

Making a cage right now is a waste of time. If anything we should go EAT SOME DEMONS and see if we can remake our old flute with Every's help SO WE CAN EAT IT AGAIN

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Work with Lefkandi to design Ur's first blooded bronzeclad warship with integrated Demon Box so it can be harpooned and dragged in

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
In a few more centuries we could be strong enough to sail to sier and non-stop brutalize all demons on the way.

"Oh yeah sorry I'm late, what's that, you're a dick? Ok later" *gets back on the boat*

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

P sure the vote to actually make the box has already been locked in as failed and the current vote is what infrastructure project to do.
No, the time allocation and smithing votes are still open. We don't expect it to win, but theoretically it still could.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

I wonder if the box is related to the presence-dampening curtains we've seen? I'm trying to think of when we've seen anything physical that could block or interfere with mental attacks.

Pustulio
Mar 21, 2012
We could make the box just to have it around, could come in handy, for that matter maybe it could be used as a way for us to test if people have been influenced by demons? They come back from the sea they need to spend a day or two in the box first, that sort of thing.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

"Uriah I need you to sleep in my giant creepy box while I feed you through a slot for a week"

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
El loves overcoming hardship. El rejoices in the slaying demons and those who worship pretenders in His holy name. Operation Demon Drop is sounding pretty cool and pious.
Changing my 2. BBBBBB vote to RRRRRR

Schwza fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 22, 2020

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

super sweet best pal posted:

Making a cage right now is a waste of time. If anything we should go mine some natural brass and see if we can remake our old flute with Every's help.

That is interesting. I wonder if eating the flute gave us any subconscious idea of it's design such that it's a design we already "know" and one he'd help us make now or in the future. We should at least ask.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Cornuto posted:

That is interesting. I wonder if eating the flute gave us any subconscious idea of it's design such that it's a design we already "know" and one he'd help us make now or in the future. We should at least ask.
The flute was on the gigantic list of things we already asked about, wasn’t it?

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
Demon box will get more Kavodel Mighty Men killed. Don't quote me when it inevitably goes greatly and we get a Wing-Pass TM or something

AZ -> AO

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

pumpinglemma posted:

The flute was on the gigantic list of things we already asked about, wasn’t it?

it was

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

5 Dont: <blank>

6 Do:

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

from all accounts this Jubilee is going to be a freebie, so its entirely possible this'll be the best time to do it

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god
Narrowed down my answer to #4 to just twenty, thank you for your patience, Diog!

6. Option 43
Option 47
Option 50.
Option 61.
Option 63.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

alpaca diseases posted:

from all accounts this Jubilee is going to be a freebie, so its entirely possible this'll be the best time to do it

Yeah well tell that to Kirton. Or Dor. Or Acco.
Kavodel will unite the province or fall alone. Our Isolation has already begun, let us at least attempt to salvage what we can before we go intentionally lose our best men to this project, however worthy a cause. We can do it just after the Jubilee instead, giving them that much more time to train and for our skill to grow.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Diogines posted:

Still, you ask the hammer, can it help you make a cage for a demon, something which would deal with their ability to tamper with the minds of men?

"Sure!"

What, really?

"Yes!"

But I don't know how to do that...

"Yes you do!"

...you are pretty sure you do not. In fact you have no idea how. But Every-Strike says you do? Maybe like how it helped you make an Eagle Arrow because it said that you knew how... even if you didn't? You try to get more details out of the hammer and it explains that...

"It would not be foolproof and it would not work against all Abominable Things, but it would probably work against anything you can manage to cram into a box though! Praise Be to the Eternal One that their loyal servants slaughter and bind Unclean Things and rejoice in..."

Hang on, so we say 'we want to make a box that stop demon mind fuckery' and that's fine. But we can't say 'we want to make something else that prevents demon mind fuckery' and that's a hard no?

Sketch a helmet. "This is a design for a helmet that stops demons tampering with minds. Can you help me make this?"

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I think Avery might possibly be bending the rules just a bit as long as it's in direct service of acquiring an incredible sacrifice

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
"No"

"Well, why the El not!?"

"You have yet to design a version that does not explode their heads. Ergo, no."

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

A Terrible Person posted:

"No"

"Well, why the El not!?"

"You have yet to design a version that does not explode their heads. Ergo, no."

Make a bunch and sneak them into the mountains

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Outrail posted:

Hang on, so we say 'we want to make a box that stop demon mind fuckery' and that's fine. But we can't say 'we want to make something else that prevents demon mind fuckery' and that's a hard no?

Sketch a helmet. "This is a design for a helmet that stops demons tampering with minds. Can you help me make this?"

Also binding a demon involves binding its brains, makes sense to me

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
There are 2 Enkidels. There's dumb brain meat Enkidel and awesome Spirit Enkidel. Avery is just asking Spirit Enkidel if he knows how to make the thing.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Mr. Prokosch posted:

There are 2 Enkidels. There's dumb brain meat Enkidel and awesome Spirit Enkidel. Avery is just asking Spirit Enkidel if he knows how to make the thing.

That makes sense, what doesn't make sense is what we can and can't make. We need to find out what we know.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

I’m guessing the fact that we can make the box has something to do with the seal we made to contain Gebek, which presumably also prevented mind-fuckery. Remember we also know how to make the chain from that seal.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

pumpinglemma posted:

I’m guessing the fact that we can make the box has something to do with the seal we made to contain Gebek, which presumably also prevented mind-fuckery. Remember we also know how to make the chain from that seal.

Between that seal, various places with presence dampening effects, the interior of the flesh-cart, and the battlefield anti-magic field at Acco we've seen a lot of weird stuff. Any or all of it might be relevant.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

I love you, boy. One pack, always.

Lipstick Apathy
Just have to put leg holes in the box and we get a mega-laurels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Perhaps by crafting the box we will intuit more about how to achieve the damping effect in other forge-able bits?