Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
What's my best option for those Twitch games? I don't see any support for it in Galaxy, but I do enjoy Samurai Showdown.

FanaticalMilk posted:

Desert Law & To Ash are 2 new Indiegala Freebies.

Also, another Hentai puzzle game, but this time I noticed before linking in the thread.

I already had Desert Law, but I am glad that it's free. I really love the original Blitzkrieg and all of the games made in that engine, and I've spent no small amount of time hunting them down. I recommend it to anyone who likes real-time tactics. There are a handful of other games in that engine on Steam and I picked them all up for about $4 during the summer sales - that was a coup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

JustJeff88 posted:

What's my best option for those Twitch games? I don't see any support for it in Galaxy, but I do enjoy Samurai Showdown.
There are third-party plugins for Galaxy integration based on which of the two clients you have installed.

Twitch App
Amazon Games

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009
Free games this week on EGS;

Football Manager 2020, Stick it to the Man, Watch_Dogs 2

I seem to recall WD2 being free on Ubisoft's Store in the last year but good to get another chance to snag it.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Bridge Constructor got added to Prime Gaming today.

Dino Run: Marathon of Doom has been added to Indiegala Freebies.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Grobbit posted:

I seem to recall WD2 being free on Ubisoft's Store in the last year but good to get another chance to snag it.

Watch Dogs 2 was free recently if you signed into their live video or something, but screwed up and gave it away to anyone who logged into a page by a certain time.
I think thats where I got it.

Anyway, its very enjoyable. I am a big fan of Saints Row 2 and would consider this a worthy successor.
Like I spent 10 hours just driving around doing poo poo before even touching the main quest.
Am about 80% done at this point.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Does Watch Dogs 2 require UPlay and all that business?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Does Watch Dogs 2 require UPlay and all that business?

"High speed internet access and a valid Ubisoft account are required to activate the game after installation, to authenticate your system and continue gameplay after any re-activation, access online features, play online or unlock exclusive content. Game contains EasyAntiCheat (https://www.easyanticheat.net/) anti-cheat technology and Denuvo (https://www.denuvo.com/) anti-tamper technology."

That does not answer your question, maybe? You definitely need a Uplay account at least.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

As far as I know every Ubisoft PC game requires Uplay.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

njsykora posted:

As far as I know every Ubisoft PC game requires Uplay.

Assassin's Creed 1 does not, but Assassin's Creed 2 does and I'm willing to bet everything made after that does as well.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Having a Uplay account isn't a big deal. You just have to run the launcher and then you never have to look at it again because the games can run from steam or EGS or whatever.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

The Tomorrow War is the next Indiegala Freebie.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Skwirl posted:

Assassin's Creed 1 does not, but Assassin's Creed 2 does and I'm willing to bet everything made after that does as well.

AC2 was the first game that had UPlay, anything after early 2010 is going to require it.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Assassin's Creed 2 was my first encounter with additional DRM over and above Steam, and it happened when I was in a new place waiting for the internet to get set up. I had to set my phone up as a wifi hotspot every time I wanted to launch the game.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

FanaticalMilk posted:

The Tomorrow War is the next Indiegala Freebie.

Boy, that is some jank looking slavjank.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Party Boat posted:

Assassin's Creed 2 was my first encounter with additional DRM over and above Steam, and it happened when I was in a new place waiting for the internet to get set up. I had to set my phone up as a wifi hotspot every time I wanted to launch the game.

Oh god, that was probably before it was automatically included in your plan.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Grobbit posted:

Just a heads-up, Stick it to the Man is a stealth platformer with instant death and a ton of unskippable backtracking which makes it incredibly tedious to play even before you factor in that it relies really heavily on old-school nonsensical item adventure game puzzles and you can only carry one item at a time so you're going to spend even more time going back and forth grabbing and combining items to progress. If they had just made it a traditional adventure game instead of trying to pad it out with platforming it might have been decent but unless you have a tolerance for that kind of repetition you're gonna have a bad time.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Skwirl posted:

Oh god, that was probably before it was automatically included in your plan.

Yeah but fortunately also before these launchers got 300MB patches every few days so I only had to connect for a few seconds at a time. Still frustrating given I'd dutifully downloaded the game and put Steam into offline mode before moving.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009
...I bought Watch Dogs 2 a day before it went free.

Then again, it was cheap, so just lost a tenner. But it is really fun so far, and possibly the only open world game ala Saints Row where you can play the entire game non-lethal.

Also, the invasion mechanic is excellent. I spend a decent half hour last night being chased by the cops with a five star wanted rating, and the game started calling in other players to hunt me down. It turned what would be a normal fun chase into an awesome experience, turning the cards against your pursuers by leading one of them into an ambush, stealing their cool car and using it to outrun the other hunter on your trail. All while Duran Duran was playing in the background.

Would recommend.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Party Boat posted:

I believe that AC2 was also the game where Skidrow cracked it, then mocked the devs for their always online bullshit. If I remember correctly, they said something like "Maybe try spending your time making better games than keeping people from playing them".

Laughed myself sick from that.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/1306631009669206016

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

For anyone who hasn't played or followed LiS 2 it opens with a white cop killing a minority who was calmly talking to him as a heads up

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Len posted:

For anyone who hasn't played or followed LiS 2 it opens with a white cop killing a minority who was calmly talking to him as a heads up

I mean, LiS1 opened with a school shooting. Using magical realism to explore modern tragedies is kind of that whole series' thing.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
They were just giving a content warning.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah, i for one appreciate it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah it was this, LiS 1 wasn't a happy fun time either but I've struggled to get around to 2

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/ChucksChallenge/status/1308093829342429187

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

awesome. I used to play this all the time. I love this game.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

According to Steam Chip's Challenge is similar to Resident Evil and Grim Fandango, which might be overselling it just a bit but then again I've never actually played it so what do I know

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

imho the Atari Lynx release of Chip's Challenge is the definitive version

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sick I am legit excited about this. I love that game

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Veib posted:

According to Steam Chip's Challenge is similar to Resident Evil and Grim Fandango, which might be overselling it just a bit but then again I've never actually played it so what do I know

all three are puzzle games.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

I'm experiencing some serious flashbacks.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The best part of replaying Chips' Challenge is your child self being vindicated when you look at it with adult eyes and realize that the game really does have a bullshit difficulty spike and the later levels where you're running circuits around the level gathering materials for a bridge with zero room for error as you're chased by a half dozen different enemies is really tedious.

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

This is great, but was this written in VB.net 7.0?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

BirdOfPlay posted:

This is great, but was this written in VB.net 7.0?

the code from chip's challenge was old enough to drink by the time .NET came long lol

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

the code from chip's challenge was old enough to drink by the time .NET came long lol

Which is why I was baffled the steam download was 63mb. Didn't this come on a single floppy back in the day?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

chairface posted:

Which is why I was baffled the steam download was 63mb. Didn't this come on a single floppy back in the day?
The vast majority of that install size is music.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Chiptunes.

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

That better be the highest quality Canyon.mid I'll ever hear!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
83mb of the Chips Challenge download is 128kb MP3 files of MIDI ragtime piano.