Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Well, so far the Swedish approach have resulted in 5 times more deaths than Denmark, so saying our approach was the good one is deeply insulting to the dead ones relatives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Jesus gently caress and Denmark has tested 3.4 million to Sweden's 1.5 hahaha.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
The articles and news segments saying that Sweden's corona response is better is getting a lot of engagement though. Truth is probably in the middle.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

If harsh quarantines don't work in the long run (as soon as we open up everyone gets sick again) maybe the swedish model is the only one to realistically use. People can't be completely closed off forever

Well, the swedish model with modifications, like protecting the elderly instead of sacrificing them to the blood god

Surely this would be Nurgles domain.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
This is a fun bit of propaganda.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/detektor/detektor-russisk-politiker-beskylder-jeppe-kofod-voldtaegt-af-15-aarig

Mette Frederiksen announced a few days ago that she didn't consider our current Minister of Foreign Affairs Jeppe Kofod tripping and falling into a 15-year-old to be disqualifying for a continuing career in politics, and anyway he apologized, so why are you still mad?

Surprisingly this didn't cause people to stop talking about whether Kofod banging someone from his party's youth organization, who was 20 years his junior, might have been an abuse of power.

Let's point out that a Russian said it was rape. Clearly the crazy Russians only say crazy things, like that Danes allow sex with turtles, or that Jeppe Kofod is a rapist. It's just part of Russian state propaganda now, so we can safely ignore it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The funny thing is, you totally could gently caress a turtle until a few years ago, provided it didn't suffer physical trauma.

And Kofod would have legally been a pedophile if he hosed her just five days earlier. She was also an intern in parliament, so I don't know why §223 stk. 2 didn't apply.

Not like it makes a big difference. He got a trip to Brussels out of it. Oppfeldt just lost his seat, got a slap on the wrist and became a city council candidate for Venstre, and that case was even more egregious.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Sep 23, 2020

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Rust Martialis posted:

Jesus gently caress and Denmark has tested 3.4 million to Sweden's 1.5 hahaha.
Is that number of tests or number of people, though? And out of curiosity, where did you get the numbers from?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

SplitSoul posted:

The funny thing is, you totally could gently caress a turtle until a few years ago, provided it didn't suffer physical trauma.

And Kofod would have legally been a pedophile if he hosed her just five days earlier. She was also an intern in parliament, so I don't know why §223 stk. 2 didn't apply.

Not like it makes a big difference. He got a trip to Brussels out of it. Oppfeldt just lost his seat, got a slap on the wrist and became a city council candidate for Venstre, and that case was even more egregious.

the giske case in norway demonstrates that internal knifing is the only way this poo poo gets taken seriously

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

D. Ebdrup posted:

Is that number of tests or number of people, though? And out of curiosity, where did you get the numbers from?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1108867/number-of-coronavirus-tests-per-capita-in-the-nordics/

The Faroese have tested enough to test everyone twice.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

V. Illych L. posted:

the giske case in norway demonstrates that internal knifing is the only way this poo poo gets taken seriously

Couldn't have happened to a nicer piece of utter poo poo.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Esran posted:

Let's point out that a Russian said it was rape. Clearly the crazy Russians only say crazy things, like that Danes allow sex with turtles, or that Jeppe Kofod is a rapist. It's just part of Russian state propaganda now, so we can safely ignore it.

Kneppe kofod is a piece of poo poo and in a reasonable country, he would not have been able to continue doing politics, let alone have a triumphant return. As far as russian news goes, then yeah, given the track record you're probably better off just ignoring everything coming out of there, because even if you manage to find the one non-disingenuous, non-propaganda, non oligarch controlled, piece of news that once in a while slips through the net, it's not worth the effort.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Pia Kjærsgaard, Inger Støjberg and Mai Mercado have spoken out against the "witch hunt" on men following the most recent sexism debate. It started off when a TV host revealed her career had been threatened by an established TV dude who demanded she suck his dick. A former MP then described how two of her male colleagues had discussed gang raping her on Christiansborg while she was locked in an elevator with them. Clearly the problem can be summed up as #NotAllMen... just, you know, some of those who vote on, say, how the law defines sexual consent.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I don't trust that website as far as I can throw it (which isn't very far, since bits are as aerodynamic as a Vogon constructor fleet), because registration is required to view the sources.

Meanwhile, sst.dk lists 3.5 million tests but "only" 2.2 million tests, while fhi.no only lists slightly less than a million, and folkhalsmyndigheten.se doesn't seem to have a page containing the equivalent information let alone one in English (nor do the raw numbers they link contain the information, and I haven't had any luck finding something for the Finnish equivalent.

All in all, the only thing I feel comfortable stating is that anyone who's making claims about how well/bad it's going in the Scandinavian countries compared to other Scandinavian countries are probably talking out of their rear end, unless they cite creditable sources.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 23, 2020

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Sweden hosed up and sacrificed the elderly to Mammon.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

D. Ebdrup posted:

Meanwhile, sst.dk lists 3.5 million tests but "only" 2.2 million tests,

Some people have been tested more than once. So what?

I know someone who has been tested 3 times as he's come into contact with several Covid-19+ people.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Kneppe kofod is a piece of poo poo and in a reasonable country, he would not have been able to continue doing politics, let alone have a triumphant return. As far as russian news goes, then yeah, given the track record you're probably better off just ignoring everything coming out of there, because even if you manage to find the one non-disingenuous, non-propaganda, non oligarch controlled, piece of news that once in a while slips through the net, it's not worth the effort.

Sure, I didn't mean to say that Russian news is worthwhile. I only meant that the media trying to tie the Kofod story to Russian disinformation is a neat trick to try to make the story go away.

SplitSoul posted:

Pia Kjærsgaard, Inger Støjberg and Mai Mercado have spoken out against the "witch hunt" on men following the most recent sexism debate.
Fascists defending the patriarchy. Støjberg criticized Özlem Cekic (among other people) for overstating the problem. Cekic had a pretty amazing anecdote in response:

Özlem Cekic posted:

Özlem Cekic oplevede engang, at en minister 'begyndte at tage lidt om' hende. Og da hun bad ham om at lade være, svarede han ifølge Özlem Cekic: 'Undskyld, jeg glemte, du var muslim'.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Rust Martialis posted:

Some people have been tested more than once. So what?

I know someone who has been tested 3 times as he's come into contact with several Covid-19+ people.
My point wasn't that some people have been tested more than once, because that's obvious if you know a single healthcare worker - they get tested regularily.

The point was that the statistics reported on that site seem uncreditable, and don't seem to align with the official number when they're available, and that the same numbers don't always seem to be available despite the fact that the Nordics have similar public health systems in place.

Speaking of statistics, thl.fi also has a page for it.
What's also interesting is that it appears there is a page on experience.arcgis.com for Denmark, Sweden, and Finland but not one for Norway - and it's weird that the Danish one is the most detailed one, because I'm having a hard time justifying why the data shouldn't be there for the other countries without veering into :tinfoil:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Randarkman posted:

Sweden hosed up and sacrificed the elderly to Mammon.

And it didn't even work. Turns out a pandemic fucks up your economy even if you decide to reinstate ättestupa.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Alhazred posted:

And it didn't even work. Turns out a pandemic fucks up your economy even if you decide to reinstate ättestupa.
That's the thing. It was loving doomed from the start and anyone who's ever talked to someone who's done manual labor in retirement housing could have loving told you.
Sweden's only now in a relatively decent place because they've stayed the course instead of going instant party-mode the instant the threat diminished.

Frekkie Melody
Feb 8, 2020

Sweden has this thing where they hired a bunch of "every day people" to watch hospital entrances for people with covid symptoms.

They're posted at every single side entrance too and if you want to enter you need to show a valid summons as well as bring a maximum of one person with you (the summons also needs to mention that you can bring one) In general these people tend to be polite and helpful and just really cool to deal with.

Personally I think this is a great idea because it's a useful service and anything that funnels money to the working class can only be good.

My dad's body is pretty broken from almost 60 years as a metal worker and his knee is in really bad shape. So I drive him all the way to the main entrance. I then park the car and met up with him.

I was taking my dad to the hospital and we ran into one of these guards who was going ultra-fash right there in the doorway. My dad showed him the summons and the guy took it away from him and then started flipping through page after page of medical information while a queue started to form behind us. He said that my dad could come but not me. My dad told him that the summons specifically mentions bringing someone with you and the guy took the summons from him again to start flipping through more pages.

He then said that since we were going to the "L" section then we should walk all the way around the hospital and use the rear exit because the L section is closer to that door. My dad responded that we were going to have coffee first and the cafeteria is right inside the main entrance. He still refused us entrance and he wouldn't even let me get a wheelchair for my dad from the inside.

So I had to get the car, drive my dad around the whole place to the rear exit, park the car and run back to him. We then gradually made our way through the hospital to the cafeteria to have our coffee. Half an hour later we are now about 20 meters away from the entrance he wouldn't let us enter but on the inside instead.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Frekkie Melody posted:

So I had to get the car, drive my dad around the whole place to the rear exit, park the car and run back to him. We then gradually made our way through the hospital to the cafeteria to have our coffee. Half an hour later we are now about 20 meters away from the entrance he wouldn't let us enter but on the inside instead.

If you don't flip him off from behind the glass you're a better human than I

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Frekkie Melody posted:

Sweden has this thing where they hired a bunch of "every day people" to watch hospital entrances for people with covid symptoms.

They're posted at every single side entrance too and if you want to enter you need to show a valid summons as well as bring a maximum of one person with you (the summons also needs to mention that you can bring one) In general these people tend to be polite and helpful and just really cool to deal with.

Personally I think this is a great idea because it's a useful service and anything that funnels money to the working class can only be good.

My dad's body is pretty broken from almost 60 years as a metal worker and his knee is in really bad shape. So I drive him all the way to the main entrance. I then park the car and met up with him.

At this point I still thought they'd posted your geriatric dad with the bum knee as frontline COVID-19 personnel in some sort of make-work measure, and I gotta be honest, I didn't even flinch.

Sucks you had to experience that, but some people just start doing the Mussolini pose the second you hand them a clipboard and the slightest control over other people.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Someone asked how many tests have been performed in Sweden and the answer is:
pre:
Nucleic acid tests:	1,528,558
Antigen tests:		  719,213
Total:			2,247,771
Source (you have to add them yourself):
https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se...-data/#tidigare
https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se...-data/vecka-27/
https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se...r-for-covid-19/

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Rape and sexual harassment widespread in politics. Who would've thought?

https://politiken.dk/debat/debatind...s-af-ham-senere

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012
So the leader of RV, just resigned cause me2.0
Wonder if its gonna pressure kneppe kofod?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

vuk83 posted:

So the leader of RV, just resigned cause me2.0

He wasn't forced out for putting his hand on a party colleague's thigh a decade ago, but because he was stupid enough to lie about it to people's faces until the very last second, after every single other man in the parliamentary group had denied being the guilty party.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits
https://omni.se/koranprovokator-har-blivit-svensk-medborgare/a/6zjBW0

Paludan har blivit svensk medborgare

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Please keep him.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Huh, guess the Swedes really does have a immigrant problem.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Rincewinds posted:

Huh, guess the Swedes really does have a immigrant problem.

No worries, standard protocol will soon put him on a one way ticket to Afghanistan.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

:byewhore:

(I wish)

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

That word is too good for him.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Hon var före sin tid

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Would you like to change that to "permanent sinnesförvirring"?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Øyy lmao

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Tyska insels

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Just came back from a long military training course on the Swedish east coast.

Key notes:

Safe weapon handling is important
If you see someone with a bat insignia. Shoot them. If they come towards you, shoot, if they move away, shoot. If they stand still: Shoot.

Do not under any circumstances approach them because they will cut your throat with a fingernail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Katt posted:

Just came back from a long military training course on the Swedish east coast.

Key notes:

Safe weapon handling is important
If you see someone with a bat insignia. Shoot them. If they come towards you, shoot, if they move away, shoot. If they stand still: Shoot.

Do not under any circumstances approach them because they will cut your throat with a fingernail.

Uhm... are they training you to kill Batman? Are you absolutely certain you aren't being trained by some super villain organization?