Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are
Good point. If they had just named it "Sony Vue" or something it probably would have picked up a lot more traction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DuffMayhem posted:

Good point. If they had just named it "Sony Vue" or something it probably would have picked up a lot more traction.

They probably put it under the gaming division for “reasons”.

Obviously Sony Vue would have been a better choice.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah I watched it on a fire stick

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Quantum of Phallus posted:

No Man's Sky just got another big update:
https://www.nomanssky.com/origins-update/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DNoSn9W2vI

Hopefully it gets a next-gen release as well, it runs so awfully on my Pro that every time I try it, I just give up.

if it's made PS5 compatible it might be enough to get me back into the game, last I played it felt like my console was gonna die whenever I used the digging tool

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Augus posted:

if it's made PS5 compatible it might be enough to get me back into the game, last I played it felt like my console was gonna die whenever I used the digging tool

Yeah there's something about the low framerate and FOV that makes me feel sick playing it

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok, so I’m at 4 hours in HZD and just made it to Meridian, picked up like 10 side quests and now I’m ready to “game”. Questions:

1) So I just want to buy all the Purple//Shadow weapons? These are the higher tier endgame weapons?

2) Are there spear upgrades besides the boosted critical damage in the skill tree? A quest chain for like a pointier tip or something?

3) They all seem to require mats from the giant dinobots that made me poop my pants on the way over. The giant eagles overhead scream “ropecaster me to the ground” but I was too scared to try. The huge T-Rex and the Bulls look so scary I can’t imagine taking them down with my dinky load out! Should I look into basic upgrades before attempting the biggest bois?

4) Does the game really value swapping armor for resistances on Very Hard? I just bought the medium Brave armor because I wanted a new look but the super sweet armor seems only marginally more expensive than the medium armor so I’m not sure if I’m expected to pick up snow pants and a bathing suit and anti-corruption pants etc.

But the shift in locales from starting area to the mesa/desert was unexpected and super awesome. This game is extremely pretty.

I’ve cleared 2 Bandit camps and I still am just constantly being killed in like 1-2 hits from poo poo that is 100% coming from off screen with no tells, so I feel extremely pidgeonholed into patient stealth baiting, which sucks. I’m gonna save all these for endgame I think.

Game ok so far, the story hasn’t really started yet, I’m still looking for Olsin or w/e and I have to go look at his old dog sites. Please no spoilies!!!

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 23, 2020

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

1. There is another upgrade tier in the DLC area that can only be bought with Frozen Wilds currency, and some weapons you can get for completing all the Hunting Grounds, but for now you should just consider purple gear the highest you can get.
2. You can get spear mod slots in the DLC area and another spear type at literally the second to last story mission in the game.
3. Even the really tough machines can be killed with blue tier gear if you know how to do it. Horizon is like 10% gear, 30% execution, and 60% K - N - O - W - L - E - D - G - E.
4. Resistances matter more the higher the difficulty. The best armor pre-endgame is Carja Silks because it has +1 mod slot.

exquisite tea fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 23, 2020

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I had PS Vue at my old apartment, it worked pretty well for the most part but the less said about the PS3 app the better

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Thank you! I know that you are basically All Mother Exquisite Tea, I honestly wouldn’t even be trying to play it if you hadn’t made it look so cool.

Is the DLC like Bloodborne where I can, like, suicide rush to the Spear mod slots? The game says I shouldn’t start it until L30 and I hear they put a new very difficult enemy like right outside the front door.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Playing final fantasy 2 on uk pal 50hz ps1 disc on ps3. Send help.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Lame

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1308812954633211906?s=20

quote:

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered is an enhanced version of Marvel’s Spider-Man, and is included as part of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition for the PlayStation 5. In addition, players who purchase Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on PlayStation 4 can upgrade at no additional cost to the PS5 version of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales and can take advantage of a paid-upgrade to download Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered.

There are no plans currently to offer Marvel’s-Spider-Man: Remastered as a standalone. Players with a copy of Marvel’s Spider-Man for PS4 can purchase Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition to experience Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered on PS5. Marvel’s Spider-Man for PS4 also will be backwards compatible on PS5.

morestuff fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 23, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hopefully it gets a next-gen release as well, it runs so awfully on my Pro that every time I try it, I just give up.

Playing NMS on my PSVR was one of the five times I almost threw up while using it

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Big in Japan sale. Anyone play Oninaki? Worth £20? For reference I enjoyed Lost Sphear, for what it was...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Bust Rodd posted:

Thank you! I know that you are basically All Mother Exquisite Tea, I honestly wouldn’t even be trying to play it if you hadn’t made it look so cool.

Is the DLC like Bloodborne where I can, like, suicide rush to the Spear mod slots? The game says I shouldn’t start it until L30 and I hear they put a new very difficult enemy like right outside the front door.

You can theoretically do it at any point but it's significantly harder than the main game. There are many tales of haughty adventurers getting destroyed by the very first Scorcher. Its storyline also makes a lot more sense in the context of certain lategame revelations so I'd save it until after either Deep Secrets of the Earth or The Mountain That Fell in the main campaign.

The spear mod quest is one of the very first ones you can pick up though if you're particularly suicidal.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok, so I’m at 4 hours in HZD and just made it to Meridian, picked up like 10 side quests and now I’m ready to “game”. Questions:

1) So I just want to buy all the Purple//Shadow weapons? These are the higher tier endgame weapons?

2) Are there spear upgrades besides the boosted critical damage in the skill tree? A quest chain for like a pointier tip or something?

3) They all seem to require mats from the giant dinobots that made me poop my pants on the way over. The giant eagles overhead scream “ropecaster me to the ground” but I was too scared to try. The huge T-Rex and the Bulls look so scary I can’t imagine taking them down with my dinky load out! Should I look into basic upgrades before attempting the biggest bois?

4) Does the game really value swapping armor for resistances on Very Hard? I just bought the medium Brave armor because I wanted a new look but the super sweet armor seems only marginally more expensive than the medium armor so I’m not sure if I’m expected to pick up snow pants and a bathing suit and anti-corruption pants etc.

But the shift in locales from starting area to the mesa/desert was unexpected and super awesome. This game is extremely pretty.

I’ve cleared 2 Bandit camps and I still am just constantly being killed in like 1-2 hits from poo poo that is 100% coming from off screen with no tells, so I feel extremely pidgeonholed into patient stealth baiting, which sucks. I’m gonna save all these for endgame I think.

Game ok so far, the story hasn’t really started yet, I’m still looking for Olsin or w/e and I have to go look at his old dog sites. Please no spoilies!!!

You can exploit Bandit camps super easy after you know what to do. The human AI is trash.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The best way to clear bandit camps is to just get the Carja Shadow Sling and roll right up to them with fully modded firebombs. You will roast every human alive with alarming speed.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Cool Hell Yeah, I was gonna poopsock it tonight after work because now that I’ve seen the really big Dinos I am way more motivated to get beefy and take them down.

Buying a War Bow and thinking it was just a different bow but it actually firing explosive lightning grenades instead of arrows was an AWESOME surprise. I was like “Ok game, I will play you” and taking out the longlegs after that was siiiiick

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Bust Rodd posted:

Buying a War Bow and thinking it was just a different bow but it actually firing explosive lightning grenades instead of arrows was an AWESOME surprise. I was like “Ok game, I will play you” and taking out the longlegs after that was siiiiick

whenever you get a new weapon and/or ammo type you'll get a tutorial quest to go along with it, and they're worth doing because the utility of some isn't always obvious until you try it. Using the right tools is more important than having the best stats.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Yep. I agree. My third favourite game of all time HZD.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Does it have TCM

drat just checked, nope.

Why do these services never have TCM.

TCM is literally the only cable channel I care about.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Did they ever fix how those tutorial quests don't progress unless they're set as the active quest? Because that was really annoying and probably the main reason no one did them

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

haveblue posted:

Did they ever fix how those tutorial quests don't progress unless they're set as the active quest? Because that was really annoying and probably the main reason no one did them

No,someone asked that a while back. I thought they had but someone corrected me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

rideANDxORdie posted:

I don't know anything about that either but it's on sale too! I'd take recommendations on either. I've always had a slight affinity for Warhammer so that one caught my eye first

World War Z looks pretty Left 4 Dead to me, it's got all the enemy types even if they don't play as fast and loose with the mutations like L4D did. And it's pretty neat how they handle the swarms. I haven't played it myself, because it seems like it'd be better on PC where you can mod it and also have access to online to play with other people sometimes. I can't really say anything about Vermintide because I don't know much about it or Warhammer in general.

It's crazy how unready for release it was.

Bust Rodd posted:

Cool Hell Yeah, I was gonna poopsock it tonight after work because now that I’ve seen the really big Dinos I am way more motivated to get beefy and take them down.

Yeah, people like to say 'Rush to Meridian' so you can have every elemental option and also the infinite fast travel so it makes things easy to suggest solutions and tactics to fights if you have access to everything.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

fridge corn posted:

Big in Japan sale. Anyone play Oninaki? Worth £20? For reference I enjoyed Lost Sphear, for what it was...

No, but if you liked that turd you might like Oninaki too

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

gey muckle mowser posted:

whenever you get a new weapon and/or ammo type you'll get a tutorial quest to go along with it, and they're worth doing because the utility of some isn't always obvious until you try it. Using the right tools is more important than having the best stats.

It's incredibly loving dumb that the tutorial quests only trigger when you have them as your active quest

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

rideANDxORdie posted:

I don't know anything about that either but it's on sale too! I'd take recommendations on either. I've always had a slight affinity for Warhammer so that one caught my eye first

I actually bought both last time they were on sale for the same reason. WWZ is basically 3rd person L4D with the addition of classes. Each chapter has new characters to play with as well. It feels more like L4D despite not being first person. Vermintide is similar in a lot of ways, and it's very fun, but not quite as blatant of an homage as WWZ.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
WWZ is fun and actually still has people playing. It's a lot better than I thought it would be for a budget game.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, people like to say 'Rush to Meridian' so you can have every elemental option and also the infinite fast travel so it makes things easy to suggest solutions and tactics to fights if you have access to everything.

Excuse me wut!?

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

Excuse me wut!?

Meridian merchants sell an unlimited fast travel pack.

Edit: By Meridian I meant the western half of the map, the Meridian greater metropolitan area, so to speak.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The standard vendors sell a purple fast travel pack at the bottom of the uh provisions list.

You need a fox skin though and I've killed every one I've seen for hours and not one has dropped a skin

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

The best way to clear bandit camps is to just get the Carja Shadow Sling and roll right up to them with fully modded firebombs. You will roast every human alive with alarming speed.

I like skulking/sniping around and picking them off one by one. It's like being Jason Voorhees, only you're the good guy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Was just rewatching Prometheus and realized that Death Stranding's entire visual style was pretty much lifted from it wholesale.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I never found the infinite fast travel in HZD and I never had a problem

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

For the bloodborne DLC, I recommend what others said to me in this thread and get all the way through the main story until you get to the wetnurse fight. Then, don’t do that fight but instead go do the DLC. This is what I did and it worked well because by that time I was leveled up enough to do ok in the DLC, and the DLC fit and flushed out the story really well by that point. Once you beat the dlc you can then beat the whole game by fighting the wetnurse and the final boss shortly after. Felt like a really full package wrap up that way.

Re spider man miles morales ps5 update. I honestly don’t see the problem? If you’re getting a ps5 in November, just wait to play those games on the ps5 and this purchase the ps5 version flat out. I don’t have any desire to play any game halfway through on the PS4 and then switch to the ps5 to finish it, I’d much rather just experience the entire game on the next gen console from the get go.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

exquisite tea posted:

You can theoretically do it at any point but it's significantly harder than the main game. There are many tales of haughty adventurers getting destroyed by the very first Scorcher. Its storyline also makes a lot more sense in the context of certain lategame revelations so I'd save it until after either Deep Secrets of the Earth or The Mountain That Fell in the main campaign.

The spear mod quest is one of the very first ones you can pick up though if you're particularly suicidal.

I bumrushed it for the spear upgrade very early on. It was difficult but super worth it, in retrospect. I certainly wouldn't suggest bee-lining to it at lvl 1, but it's do-able pretty dang early. you will have to cheese a stalker, though, and that can be frustrating.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Funny speaking of discounts the PS store has "big in Japan" sale going now, loads of great titles for sale, I guess it's time to dig into that Yakuza series. Yakuza 0 for 8$ seems pretty low risk

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

infraboy posted:

Funny speaking of discounts the PS store has "big in Japan" sale going now, loads of great titles for sale, I guess it's time to dig into that Yakuza series. Yakuza 0 for 8$ seems pretty low risk

I think you'll get $8 of fun out of it, yeah.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Yakuza 0 for $8 is an utter bargain

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

That's so cheap I'll double dip just so I can have a digital copy forever on my PS5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I never found the infinite fast travel in HZD and I never had a problem
Yeah, I only used fast travel in general for picking up the last couple of trophies when I was going for platinum (and human enemies drop them pretty regularly). It's a cool looking world and pretty easy to navigate, plus it doesn't take that long to travel around if you're on a mount.