Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

mrking posted:

What key do y'all use for ping? The default alt key is giving me thumb pain I think, so I'm thinking maybe caps lock or something.

Any controller players mess around with putting ping on one of those paddles?

SA is super valuable so I have ping on my main side button. I live ping a lot, and ping call outs for moves.

When I use my controller the 2 left paddles are sprint and crouch, the 2 right are jump and ping so I can quickly slide cancel around and ping like a mofo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Especially since it’s around that open field dead zone that I hate being around in general, much rather take my chances mid range in the tunnels

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Does anyone else who plays on controller have the issue where you're trying to turn the camera quickly--and in doing so, accidentally press down R3? I did this all the time back in MW2, which is why I switched the tactical. So now, instead of accidentally swinging at someone 70º to my left, I crouch--and if I really try to turn on a dime--I drop shot.

So I'm a filthy dropshotter because I suck at using controllers. I wonder how many others are out there like me....

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
The final ribbon I have left for season 5 is "Quad Killer: Get 5 Quad Feeds (4 uninterrupted kills in the kill feed)" Shouldn't take too long now that they added Shipment 24/7 back to the rotation. What's the best weapon now for doing that? I've been leveling up random guns all season and don't know whats got the best TTK anymore.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Professorjuggalo posted:

Especially since it’s around that open field dead zone that I hate being around in general, much rather take my chances mid range in the tunnels

Yeah it runs through some really heavily camped areas.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
im gonna take a 4 wheeler down there and push people onto the third rail

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

JFC posted:

The final ribbon I have left for season 5 is "Quad Killer: Get 5 Quad Feeds (4 uninterrupted kills in the kill feed)" Shouldn't take too long now that they added Shipment 24/7 back to the rotation. What's the best weapon now for doing that? I've been leveling up random guns all season and don't know whats got the best TTK anymore.

RPG hardpoint shipment.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Prowler posted:

Does anyone else who plays on controller have the issue where you're trying to turn the camera quickly--and in doing so, accidentally press down R3? I did this all the time back in MW2, which is why I switched the tactical. So now, instead of accidentally swinging at someone 70º to my left, I crouch--and if I really try to turn on a dime--I drop shot.

So I'm a filthy dropshotter because I suck at using controllers. I wonder how many others are out there like me....

I have three issues with controller: this one, pressing L3 on accident while moving my aim around (and changing sights as a result), and accidentally switching to single fire when pinging. I think I somehow trigger left on the d-pas when hitting up. It’s cost me so many 1v1s.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
My biggest controller issue is hitting melee when I get startled and so I panic melee instead of just shooting. I think I'm at level 40 and I hosed up and now am angry that I didn't just finish the BP so I might try to power level it over the weekend (Even though I work on saturday and sunday).

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

JFC posted:

It doesn’t have to be all at once so if you can convince your team to just not die or kill you can take as long as you want

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

soggybagel posted:

My biggest controller issue is hitting melee when I get startled and so I panic melee instead of just shooting. I think I'm at level 40 and I hosed up and now am angry that I didn't just finish the BP so I might try to power level it over the weekend (Even though I work on saturday and sunday).

Panic melee has always been my bane.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The Elite Series 2 is such a drat good controller and I can't imagine ever going to a normal controller again

I'm still a potato but having paddles helps so much

Of course, there's always room for improvement and I'm looking forward to the elite series 3

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Push El Burrito posted:

Can't wait to be a Tunnel Snake.

Running around the tunnels in Ambush or Pipeline, hooting and hollering about tunnel snakes and getting rage mics about TUNNEL SNACKS :byodood:

Heady times

Also yay Farah, finally!

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
There's usually a double battlepass xp on the weekends before the new season

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I really hate how a fast ROF weapon will always, *always* beat a slower ROF weapon in a shoot out. Doesn't matter if I saw and shot first, even hitting the guy. If he's using a Vector and I'm using a Galil, his *1,100* RPM weapon will beat me hands down.

Riot shields need to have a health bar, and not be explosion proof. That isn't how riot shields work.

Enemies don't choke on their own CS gas grenades???

Flash bangs don't make you run slower, and have next to 0 effect if you're outside unless they blow up literally on your feet. There are so many annoying, bad, and dumb flaws in this game.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 23, 2020

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

moist turtleneck posted:

The Elite Series 2 is such a drat good controller and I can't imagine ever going to a normal controller again

I'm still a potato but having paddles helps so much

Of course, there's always room for improvement and I'm looking forward to the elite series 3

Mine just broke and I’m pissed about it, the usb-c port broke and it doesn’t like using PC Bluetooth. The paddles ruled and oh man, the adjustable trigger pulls are amazing for semi-autos.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Tunnel snakes rule were the tunnel snakes and we rule

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I can show you a real tunnel snake, Amata.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
I only made it 65 levels in this BP. After getting my account locked for a week I kinda lost interest in S5.

soggybagel posted:

veni veni veni posted:

Panic melee has always been my bane.

My controller hot take: Use any of the tactical layouts,, bumper jumper being the best IMO. Not only do you eliminate accidental clicks stopping you from shooting, it makes movement much easier to do without removing thumbs from the aim stick. For tacticals or panic melees I just use my index finger. I always played the old CODs with the default layout but with jumping/mantling/slides being important in this game I made the switch during the first season of WZ.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Controller button layout matters way less if you spend a bunch of money on one with paddles.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Was unable to save the replay, but drat did it feel so rewarding to launch myself and a teammate into the air with a 4-wheeler and kill a guy who was also mid-air...

I love vehicles in video games when I'm not getting run over by them.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

mrking posted:

Controller button layout matters way less if you spend a bunch of money on one with paddles.

I dont even use all 4 paddles because i found it too cumbersome. I just use 2 with the longer paddles and set one to A and one to B so i have jump and melee on paddles and crouch is on R-stick press.

this is also an excellent setup for manual shifting in racing games.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Explosive crossbows are amazing and I almost wanna run origin/bows until season end

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Man, was playing some solo WZ for the first time since it came out and it is literally nothing but camping lol. I did really well by being a camping POS myself, but how do people even enjoy this? It’s literally an entire map of people squatting in corners. It’s crazy they even allow ghost in this mode.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I am literally camping right now

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I don’t even see streamers running solos, seems like a place for biggest sickos of COD

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

veni veni veni posted:

Man, was playing some solo WZ for the first time since it came out and it is literally nothing but camping lol. I did really well by being a camping POS myself, but how do people even enjoy this? It’s literally an entire map of people squatting in corners. It’s crazy they even allow ghost in this mode.

playing Warzone without friends is much more tolerable even in the group playlists

solo warzone is just absolute garbage

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Laserface posted:

I dont even use all 4 paddles because i found it too cumbersome. I just use 2 with the longer paddles and set one to A and one to B so i have jump and melee on paddles and crouch is on R-stick press.

this is also an excellent setup for manual shifting in racing games.

Yeah, you absolutely don’t want reload on paddles. I reloaded in a lot of people’s general direction instead of shooting them before I learned that.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The key to solos is to Hot Drop and then leave

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

solos is the Only Good Warzone

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

just a man, a pair of cat ears, and a will to survive

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

drunken officeparty posted:

just a man, a pair of cat ears, and a will to survive

dont steal my loving memoir title

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020
Happiness really is a warm gun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fs3FztLL00

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fart Car '97 posted:

The key to solos is to Hot Drop and then leave

That's actually a pretty good idea.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

what also sucks when getting shot by that thing is that the fire can obscure your vision

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What’s crazy about this video(‘s start, anyways) is that for how fast that gun kills pretty much so did everything else he face. The very first fight left him with like no health and the one in the stairs he was downed as fast as he killed the guy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What’s crazy about this video(‘s start, anyways) is that for how fast that gun kills pretty much so did everything else he face. The very first fight left him with like no health and the one in the stairs he was downed as fast as he killed the guy.

This is how the origin is too in my experience. You use it to run face first into CQ gunfights and just tank damage in the hopes that it just barely beats out whatever SMG or AR they are using, which it almost always will.

I still think the origin feels better than then R9 Dragons breath in WZ but I never thought to put disabling on it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Can you only use that in WZ?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
There only thing you have in wz that you don't have anywhere else is armor I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Snazzy Frocks posted:

There only thing you have in wz that you don't have anywhere else is armor I think

spotter scope could be used unironically in ground war and ironically on shipment