Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

always good to base buying decisions on hype and fomo and not a released product the realities of which are fully known to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

This pic?

It just looks cramped. The fan looks blocked over most of its surface too. Its probably fine. doubtful it will melt itself just odd.

Nice hard drive from 1989 that holds 32 megabytes of data.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

univbee posted:

I thought it looked familiar.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

univbee posted:

It holds 32 megabytes of esram

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1308995913076142082

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Aint paying that price laddy

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

It's $360 in AUD, which is a nice little callback.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They dropped the price of the Series S in Japan before it even came out.

Drop the Series X price, do it.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Barudak posted:

Aint paying that price laddy

At that price folks would be better off with a 12TB external cold storage drive.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zerot posted:

At that price folks would be better off with a 12TB external cold storage drive.

Where are you seeing 12TB for $200

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Where are you seeing 12TB for $200

This is pretty close

WD 12TB My Book Desktop External Hard Drive, USB 3.0 - WDBBGB0120HBK-NESN,Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X3RBTQT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_g3fBFbM8R5VEF

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I was super late in noticing the expansion ssd was available but shockingly not many takers at $359 aud. Got one because I love burning money. -Posted from my Z Fold 2

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Looks like Japan preorders go live at midnight. Time to fight the rest of you expats for one.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I was super late in noticing the expansion ssd was available but shockingly not many takers at $359 aud. Got one because I love burning money. -Posted from my Z Fold 2

I'm tempted cause I know people are gonna say the price is poo poo but we are soon gonna see SSDs with the Playstation stamp on them for like 600AUD

SSD on Xbox is slower but the cards are still gonna be cheaper than upgrading a PS5 at launch or even in the first 2 years.

Prices don't come down that fast and in Australia we have to pay the unofficial Tech Tax. (Hi Apple, Adobe, Nvidia, Intel, MYOB)

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Upgrading your Playstation hard drive will start slightly higher, but will drop a lot quicker, the Microsoft one probably won't drop much, if at all.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shirkelton posted:

Upgrading your Playstation hard drive will start slightly higher, but will drop a lot quicker, the Microsoft one probably won't drop much, if at all.

Its this

Although one with an official Playstation Logo will cost you 30-50 bucks more than the same one without

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Barudak posted:

Its this

Although one with an official Playstation Logo will cost you 30-50 bucks more than the same one without

Yeah. There's a line of Switch SD cards with Mario on them here that for a while were bizarrely cheaper than the just standard ones. I don't know how that happened.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Shirkelton posted:

But Microsoft is working with multiple 3rd parties on it too, it's just that Seagate got out the gates first.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Anidav posted:

But Microsoft is working with multiple 3rd parties on it too, it's just that Seagate got out the gates first.

Who?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I dunno who but I know its all through the Designed for Xbox Program.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Doesn't seem like there's anyone listed anywhere.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Same as Sony

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Sony doesnt have a list of brands for their SSDs either.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Barudak posted:

Looks like Japan preorders go live at midnight. Time to fight the rest of you expats for one.

:argh:

I just took a two hour nap, wide awake and ready to make an ill-advised purchase.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I don't think it was said anywhere that Seagate would be the exclusive and only maker of Xbox expansion drives. They have an existing branding deal with Microsoft and it's possible that there's some type of exclusivity clause but we could never know.

Don't expect anything either way. Use cold storage.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Zerot posted:

I don't think it was said anywhere that Seagate would be the exclusive and only maker of Xbox expansion drives.

They are the exclusive partner 'at launch'.

Anidav posted:

Sony doesnt have a list of brands for their SSDs either.

...because they aren't partnered with anyone who is providing a proprietary one.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fly Ricky posted:

:argh:

I just took a two hour nap, wide awake and ready to make an ill-advised purchase.

Listen here buddy, Im getting one of the 12 xboxen coming to Japan whether or not Im still working on this report at midnight

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Barudak posted:

Listen here buddy, Im getting one of the 12 xboxen coming to Japan whether or not Im still working on this report at midnight

https://twitter.com/Xbox_JP/status/1309027903439593477

The list of merchants, if you haven't seen it already.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

For the love of god do not buy a seagate drive

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Shirkelton posted:

They are the exclusive partner 'at launch'.

Yeah, that's what I mean. There could be Western Digital expansion drives out in six months or whatever. Or unofficial ones. There's no way to know and I really don't think anyone needs one anytime soon.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Anidav posted:

I'm tempted cause I know people are gonna say the price is poo poo but we are soon gonna see SSDs with the Playstation stamp on them for like 600AUD

SSD on Xbox is slower but the cards are still gonna be cheaper than upgrading a PS5 at launch or even in the first 2 years.

Prices don't come down that fast and in Australia we have to pay the unofficial Tech Tax. (Hi Apple, Adobe, Nvidia, Intel, MYOB)

Yeah I thought it was bad for electronics sales in Canada but it's way worse here.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xsx+storage card = a nice pc $$$

Lurkers dont gently caress up like our posters here

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

even if there are other companies making them a proprietary drive made for a single product line is never going to be manufactured on a large enough scale to compete with pricing on a completely standardized part used across an entire industry

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Friends, xbox has unveiled Series-Tan and much like their other attempts at courting japan it looks like poo poo

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Real hurthling! posted:

Xsx+storage card = a nice pc $$$

Lurkers dont gently caress up like our posters here

PC's are for nerds. Anytime I go to a PC thread on Games it's always a bunch of dweebs talking about problems with their sound card, or how their game keeps crashing because their videocards overflowing. Troubleshooting tramps!

Give me Xbox, or give me death

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Imagine paying thousands of money to use Windows 10 , like actually lmao

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Barudak posted:

Friends, xbox has unveiled Series-Tan and much like their other attempts at courting japan it looks like poo poo

eh, could be worse

Barudak
May 7, 2007

She has skates and theres no Jet Set Radio Past on this thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
also no xsx 😬