Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i bought games in the current sale on the eu webstore just fine yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stare-Out posted:

Is the store (EU) hosed for anyone else? I can't buy anything without it giving me the "We've encountered an error while processing your order. Please try again later." error. At least they're being specific.

E: Can't add funds to the wallet either without getting some vague error.

It was down for updates globally afaict

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Hmm, still no dice though. Gonna have to keep trying. The one time I want to do impulse purchases on PSN and they won't let me. :argh:

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw just released on PSN two days ago. It's been out on PC a year now I think. It's a pretty good price at 30 euros (I imagine the same amount of dollars), considering the reviews. I loved Rebel Galaxy, and I'm only holding out on RGO because I am playing Divinity: Original Sin 2 with a friend and I recently re-installed World of Tanks.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I checked it out on pc its a very different game than the first. Much more of an old school space flight game that the arcadey "flat" original.
Didnt stick with it but im a choosey nitpicker with too much to play

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
I think I'll give it a spin but it's a shame they ditched the 2d broadsides combat as that had a lot of unique character to it. But "easier than Elite Dangerous and a story" is what I'm after.

On that note, Everspace is nice alternative that I finished that is essentially Descent controls in open space. Arcadey and pretty slick roguelike.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Ape Agitator posted:

I think I'll give it a spin but it's a shame they ditched the 2d broadsides combat as that had a lot of unique character to it. But "easier than Elite Dangerous and a story" is what I'm after.

On that note, Everspace is nice alternative that I finished that is essentially Descent controls in open space. Arcadey and pretty slick roguelike.

Any tips for that game? I've had it forever and I think I've never gotten past the second boss(5th,6th jump?) and that's with the OP DLC ship.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I just saw previews for a sequel pop up online

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

OxMan posted:

Any tips for that game? I've had it forever and I think I've never gotten past the second boss(5th,6th jump?) and that's with the OP DLC ship.

Use the medium sized ship and use the variant that starts with lvl3 lasers as their main weapon. Use missiles and other sub weapons like they are candy, you’ll find more. Use your resources to create the passive shield/generator boosters and Nani it health packs. Also, recognize that it’s an rpg roguelike, so as you unlock more permanent upgrades, you will naturally become stronger and faster, so expect to have a lot of failures before you get all the way through to the last planet. Also, if your shield pops, focus on evasion as your top priority until it regenerates dice Health nanobots are relatively rare.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

OxMan posted:

I used the default ship for practically all of the game. Once I had them, I was using that rune that identifies Ancient locations and the one that gives greater normal speed at the expense of boost speed. I think that helped me rely on the old Descent "make a square shape to dodge incoming fire" thing.

Reiterating what they said
- Secondary weapons are meant for constant use as they drop so often. Almost all of them are easy to find a use for but the top tier are almost always Corrosive Missiles. You can fire and forget them at incoming Elites and they'll do most of the work for you or unload them on the bigger Capital Ships or shield ships when their shields are down. Very versatile. But even Heavy Missiles can be fired at a long distance and hit small targets as they don't evade until close. So use this game to break yourself of "grenade hording syndrome" if you can.
- Always prioritize destroying drones over absolutely everything else. They're almost all hull only, easy to destroy, but cause a disproportionate amount of damage or confusion.
- It felt like shields are always pretty thin so prioritize finding a hull damage weapon. That said, once you unlock it, the Beam Laser starter for the default ship will carry you forever as it does more than descent hull damage and the same to shields. But finding a Flak cannon (not the 2nd tier one) was kind of a dream as it did some nice hull damage at nice range and can "mine" asteroids or crystals in one quick shot.
- As with all roguelikes you should prioritize the perks that earn you money first. After that, energy regen and then energy capacity. Finally speed
- Time Extender is a great active mod to either start a fight or get a fight under control. But it took me far too long before I found out how great the Static Discharge was. After the initial approach, almost all turn fights are in its range and it will destroy most of the drones and handle all of the wingmen while you work on your target. It's worth looking into making it a keeper. Toward the end I loved finding Static Discharge, Shield XC, Sensor Mod, and Tractor Beam. Once you've found the perk that displays all loot at the expense of knowing enemy shield/hp, you can swap Sensor for Armor Mod.
- Seemed to always work out that I preferred Shield/Hull Damage, Range, Energy Efficiency for weapons and Recharge Rate, Recharge Rate, Duration for Active mods. Shields were Capacity, Recharge Delay, Recharge Rate
- When you approach those derelicts with two sets of locked doors and you have a key, scout the outside to find burned/rusted sections so that you can spot which door has the glowing blue tron knowledge monolith. That way you can progress your unlocks.
- Took me until near the end of the game to realize you can tell the game to ignore Primary, Secondary, or Active Mods while weapon switching by pressing Square (I think) in the inventory screen. Really helps to keep combat smooth and toggle quickly between your shield and hull weapons without mistakes.
- Focus more on dodging rather than thrusting and doing some kind of turn fight. With money spend on speed and the speed rune, the default ship is plenty quick enough. I mostly only chased enemies if they had that "shotgun" primary because that was a constant pain if you were fairly stationary. Otherwise, never boosting, only occasionally thrusting. But always dodging.
- Crafting is instantaneous so when you're in trouble go to inventory and see if you have any consumables or could craft any that would help reset the dangeous situation. You can use them from the inventory screen as well so you can get some instant relief.

Ape Agitator fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Sep 26, 2020

Sioux
May 30, 2006

Ape Agitator posted:

I think there's a new Everspace being crowdsourced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4SkqMbaqys

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Division 2 is DotW. Worth it if you shun multiplayer as much as possible and would play it as a single player game?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Iacen posted:

Division 2 is DotW. Worth it if you shun multiplayer as much as possible and would play it as a single player game?

You can do a vast majority of the content single player. The only thing you wouldn’t be able to do is the raids and some conflict stuff.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Iacen posted:

Don't know if you need PS+ even if you want to play alone but the game has plenty of content if you just want to run around solo.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Guillermus posted:

Don't know if you need PS+ even if you want to play alone but the game has plenty of content if you just want to run around solo.

Correct, you don't need PS+. If you don't have PS+ you won't see other players but the game will still function as a solo experience.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

A few notes about Yakuza: Like A Dragon

The PS5-native version will be releasing on March 2nd, 2021.

PS4 versions will upgrade to the PS5 version for free.

It will not have cross-save or save transferring between the PS4 and PS5 versions.

There will apparently be a physical PS5-only release too.

The one bit of good news is that the versions for other systems (PC, PS4, Xbox) are coming out November 10th instead, three days earlier than anticipated.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

univbee posted:

A few notes about Yakuza: Like A Dragon

The PS5-native version will be releasing on March 2nd, 2021.

PS4 versions will upgrade to the PS5 version for free.

It will not have cross-save or save transferring between the PS4 and PS5 versions.

There will apparently be a physical PS5-only release too.

The one bit of good news is that the versions for other systems (PC, PS4, Xbox) are coming out November 10th instead, three days earlier than anticipated.

No cross-save means I'll probably just wait, I guess. But it's nice that they are doing the free upgrade.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

So as soon as I install the PS5 patch none of my saves will work?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

That loving Sned posted:

So as soon as I install the PS5 patch none of my saves will work?
It's not a patch, it's a different version of the game.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Akuma posted:

It's not a patch, it's a different version of the game.

I mean, I get why it doesn't work. GTA V let you transfer multiplayer progress but not single player, since the PS4 used a different save format than the PS3.

The difference is the upgrade is delivered like a patch. Unless you block updates for this game or have some way of downgrading, then it sounds like any progress you made between launch and the patch will be lost. You'll still have the PS4 version save file but no way to play it.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

That loving Sned posted:

I mean, I get why it doesn't work. GTA V let you transfer multiplayer progress but not single player, since the PS4 used a different save format than the PS3.

The difference is the upgrade is delivered like a patch. Unless you block updates for this game or have some way of downgrading, then it sounds like any progress you made between launch and the patch will be lost. You'll still have the PS4 version save file but no way to play it.
You're making some assumptions about how PS4 and PS5 games are presented to the user, which is fair - because they haven't shown how that's going to work. I don't know either, and it's frustrating, but if saves aren't transferable I really have to assume they show up as separate game tiles on the system, just like a lot of digital and physical or GOTY versions of games on PS4 do already. That's the only way that can make sense, otherwise yeah like you say the alternative will loving suck.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

That loving Sned posted:

Pretty sure you'll have two copies of the game, one in your PS4 stuff (or on disc if you get it that way) and the entitlement upgrade version which is in the PS5 library and has a separate SCE ID. There should be no reason you couldn't keep playing the PS4 version even after the upgrade comes out.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
There is literally No Chance they take away your digital PS4 copy of a game when you get the PS5 version.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

There is literally No Chance they take away your digital PS4 copy of a game when you get the PS5 version.

they would get sued so fast lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Long overdue for a new Drip but can't keep up with all the news, especially with work craziness.

I was able to squeeze something out, though. Here is a Google Drive share of every title on PS Now, categorized, as well as the PS+ Collection game list. I THINK this is complete. It's specific to North America, if there are regional discrepancies.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CajcArdLoGEz315Hjl_j6wfx_bmGyYgdnDN7E7jX9v0/edit?usp=sharing

Games in Column 1 (PS2 and PS4 games) can be streamed using a PS4 or PC with a Dualshock 4 controller, or or downloaded and played locally from a PS4. Downloaded copies are licensed for 2 weeks which automatically tops up at regular intervals when connected to PSN. If a game has an announced date where it's leaving the service, it's listed here, as are any special notes or exceptions.

Games in Column 2 (PS3 games) can only be streamed. Local downloading isn't possible.

PS Now has its own "cloud" save storage (both a PS3 bucket and a PS4 bucket) that is separate from both your local console storage and your PS+ storage. Transferring saves between PS Now and a local console requires PS+. For the purposes of save compatibility where disc and digital are different saves, assume the PS Now version is the digital version. Note that if you only have PS Now, all games streamed or downloaded with PS Now have the normal PS+ online privileges included other than cloud save storage, so they are playable online without PS+ as well. Unless they're explicitly listed as being some sort of Complete/Ultimate/GOTY edition, all games are their vanilla versions. The streaming copies almost universally do not support DLC at all, but you can install and use DLC on locally-downloaded copies of PS4 games. In some cases this means they will not allow the use of saves that were made on a copy where the DLC was installed. Microtransaction or consumable-style currency generally works. Street Fighter V additional characters and content work on the cloud version since ownership is handled by SF5's own online system (since it can all be purchased with Fight Money or otherwise obtained without directly paying PSN).

Games in Column 3 (PS4 games on PS5) aren't with PS Now, but with PS+. These aren't believed to expire, but will require an active PS+ membership to be playable, and it is believed these versions will only be playable on a PS5 and can't be downloaded or transferred to a PS4.

univbee fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 2, 2020

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
is the lack of PS3 downloading just down to the fact that that would require a native emulator or something?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
“Games of a Generation” sale going on, mostly the biggest hits in case there was one you didn’t get around to already

Ghost of Tsushima $45
Jedi Fallen Order $30
RDR2 $28
Witcher 3 $12
MGSV Definitive $8
Tekken 7 Ultimate $20
Dragon Ball Fighterz $10
MHW $15

Etc etc

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

morallyobjected posted:

is the lack of PS3 downloading just down to the fact that that would require a native emulator or something?

Yes.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

univbee posted:

Long overdue for a new Drip but can't keep up with all the news, especially with work craziness.

I was able to squeeze something out, though. Here is a Google Drive share of every title on PS Now, categorized, as well as the PS+ Collection game list. I THINK this is complete. It's specific to North America, if there are regional discrepancies.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CajcArdLoGEz315Hjl_j6wfx_bmGyYgdnDN7E7jX9v0/edit?usp=sharing

Games in Column 1 (PS2 and PS4 games) can be streamed using a PS4 or PC with a Dualshock 4 controller, or or downloaded and played locally from a PS4. Downloaded copies are licensed for 2 weeks which automatically tops up at regular intervals when connected to PSN. If a game has an announced date where it's leaving the service, it's listed here, as are any special notes or exceptions.

Games in Column 2 (PS3 games) can only be streamed. Local downloading isn't possible.

PS Now has its own "cloud" save storage (both a PS3 bucket and a PS4 bucket) that is separate from both your local console storage and your PS+ storage. Transferring saves between PS Now and a local console requires PS+. For the purposes of save compatibility where disc and digital are different saves, assume the PS Now version is the digital version. Note that if you only have PS Now, all games streamed or downloaded with PS Now have the normal PS+ online privileges included other than cloud save storage, so they are playable online without PS+ as well.

Games in Column 3 (PS4 games on PS5) aren't with PS Now, but with PS+. These aren't believed to expire, but will require an active PS+ membership to be playable, and it is believed these versions will only be playable on a PS5 and can't be downloaded or transferred to a PS4.

What's the difference between Bloodborne and Bloodborne™?

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Akuma posted:

You're making some assumptions about how PS4 and PS5 games are presented to the user, which is fair - because they haven't shown how that's going to work. I don't know either, and it's frustrating, but if saves aren't transferable I really have to assume they show up as separate game tiles on the system, just like a lot of digital and physical or GOTY versions of games on PS4 do already. That's the only way that can make sense, otherwise yeah like you say the alternative will loving suck.

Oh, fair enough. Apparently this is because each save is tied to a specific title ID, which differs between digital and physical, each region and each platform. Sometimes they're cross-compatible, sometimes they're not.

Hopefully if Sega or Sony are asked about this enough they could give us some way to convert the save files. On the other hand, I actually have an incentive to beat Y7 in four months instead of letting it sit in my backlog forever.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

“Games of a Generation” sale going on, mostly the biggest hits in case there was one you didn’t get around to already

Ghost of Tsushima $45
Jedi Fallen Order $30
RDR2 $28
Witcher 3 $12
MGSV Definitive $8
Tekken 7 Ultimate $20
Dragon Ball Fighterz $10
MHW $15

Etc etc

Might be a good idea to get Witcher 3 now for those that don't own that game already, to be eligible for the free PS5 version remaster. Especially if you are planning on getting the PS5 soon, you will have this to play when they are still low on titles.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Make sure you get The Wicher 3 GOTY because the DLCs are some of the best ever made.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Szurumbur posted:

What's the difference between Bloodborne and Bloodborne™?

What the gently caress is Bloodborne?

Seriously though, the official PS Now list of games has it listed twice, and for some reason it's alphabetized differently in both cases (the non-TM one is before games with "Blood_Something" as a title, and the TM version lands after). There's just one on PS Now, which is the vanilla version of the game. This is actually something to point out as well for people considering doing shared playthroughs on streaming as well as a real console, because since the streaming version doesn't have the DLC it refuses to load saves that have ever been played with the DLC active.

Anyway I took one of the BB's off the list. I also added (PS2) to the PS2 games because there aren't many and why not.

HONKER24
Dec 15, 2000

cubicle_whore
Hair Elf
As being the only person I know who actually subscribes to PS Now, this list is really helpful as I can not seem to find any way to search for specific titles on the service.

Thanks!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Sioux posted:

Might be a good idea to get Witcher 3 now for those that don't own that game already, to be eligible for the free PS5 version remaster. Especially if you are planning on getting the PS5 soon, you will have this to play when they are still low on titles.

Are there cross saves with other versions? Or is that only Switch and Steam?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Ghost of Tsushima $45
Jedi Fallen Order $30
RDR2 $28
Witcher 3 $12
MGSV Definitive $8
Tekken 7 Ultimate $20
Dragon Ball Fighterz $10
MHW $15

Etc etc
There are some real goddamn weird stinkers in that sale, unless God´s Trigger or Strange Brigade turned into this generations bestsellers when I wasn´t looking.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Sylphosaurus posted:

There are some real goddamn weird stinkers in that sale, unless God´s Trigger or Strange Brigade turned into this generations bestsellers when I wasn´t looking.

Strange Brigade was pretty fun, IMO.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Sylphosaurus posted:

They are games, and they are of a generation

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

univbee posted:

What the gently caress is Bloodborne?

Seriously though, the official PS Now list of games has it listed twice, and for some reason it's alphabetized differently in both cases (the non-TM one is before games with "Blood_Something" as a title, and the TM version lands after). There's just one on PS Now, which is the vanilla version of the game. This is actually something to point out as well for people considering doing shared playthroughs on streaming as well as a real console, because since the streaming version doesn't have the DLC it refuses to load saves that have ever been played with the DLC active.

Anyway I took one of the BB's off the list. I also added (PS2) to the PS2 games because there aren't many and why not.

Thank you for the explanation, and also thank your for taking your time to make that list:) PSNow does look tempting, I should check if I can actually use it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sioux
May 30, 2006

hadji murad posted:

Are there cross saves with other versions? Or is that only Switch and Steam?

I hope there's cross-save between PS4 and PS5, but other than that I do not know.