Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Vikar Jerome posted:

anyway, im buying DMC5SE day1 digital for ps5 and buying the physical edition later in the year and buying the dlc for the ps4 version and i cannot wait

Wait so you are upset that you can’t get Spider-Man for free but am buying DMC5 remaster for sure when DMC5 is a newer game? Why don’t they just give DMC5 for free to everyone who owns it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Me, peeking at that awful box art

lol

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What is Smart Delivery

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

John Wick of Dogs posted:

What is Smart Delivery

Your Xbox will smartly download the version of the game that it can actually run, instead of the one for the other Xbox that it cannot. Smart!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

What is Smart Delivery
It knows you put the disc in which type of system and won’t buy you a Xbox One X for Christmas.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What is Smart Delivery

It just downloads what is necessary to play. So the idea if done correctly and your internet is fast enough, you're playing instantly and will never see a download progress bar.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Rad Valtar posted:

Wait so you are upset that you can’t get Spider-Man for free but am buying DMC5 remaster for sure when DMC5 is a newer game? Why don’t they just give DMC5 for free to everyone who owns it?

a lot of people ITT really like to project, it would seem. :shrug: (i own spider-man on my ps4 and it will work on my ps5 when i put the disc in, so i dont actually care either way on this one my dude!)

anywho, DMC5 isnt free for everyone because King Itsuno-san needs our hard earnt cash to prove to capcom overlords (who live in another dimension) that after hes doing making another Dragons Dogma, he came come back... and make DMC6-DMC2:DONTE RETURNS FE (fabulous edition)

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 24, 2020

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I finished the main story and most of the secondary content for GTAV yesterday and it was fun, but man I can’t stand GTAV’s comedy anymore. It’s like 30 somethings pretending to be snarky teens that think everything sucks and aren’t as clever as they think they are. The satire in general is pretty dire.

I remember still not thinking it was especially funny or clever the first time I played, but it was bearable; six years down the line and I just can’t.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
It’s me I’m the heathen who still has DMC5 in shrink under his TV still.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

DMC5 SE isn't free because it has Vergil as the key selling point and it's established Capcom canon now that Vergil is a luxury you have to buy for a high price.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Rad Valtar posted:

It’s me I’m the heathen who still has DMC5 in shrink under his TV still.

itsuno is using your money for the good of human kind, tho, so it counts.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Policenaut posted:

DMC5 SE isn't free because it has Vergil as the key selling point and it's established Capcom canon now that Vergil is a luxury you have to buy for a high price.

and buy we shall!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

and buy we shall!

:hai:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

like, this is his loving theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL3EJKtNpLU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogenG486SP8

We all know why he wasn’t in the base game

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I still load music onto my phone because gently caress streaming services and I shelled out the dollar for this the moment iTunes had it. Vergil is so cool.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Played some more Warframe last night, finally got an archwing and figured out how to make poo poo. Still need to find a kubrow egg so I can get a dog friend...

Then bought that Fist of the North Star Yakuza game because it was cheap as chips. Gonna explode some dude's heads.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I said come in! posted:

It just downloads what is necessary to play. So the idea if done correctly and your internet is fast enough, you're playing instantly and will never see a download progress bar.

Wasn't that supposed to be a PS4 feature?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Wasn't that supposed to be a PS4 feature?

It is already a PS4 feature, but the chunks of game tend to be many gigs and you can’t use them until they finish. So it gets used for things like “do you want play MP or SP after waiting three hours?”

Maybe MS has a better solution, but it’s hard to see how if it’s using the same broadband as before.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Whoever said Very had a bad reputation they just emailed me to say my preorder is still on track for launch day, so rest easy other Veryites!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I thought Smart Delivery was the feature where you buy a game once and you get whatever version is optimized for the Xbox you're installing it on (vs. the paid upgrades and separate SKUs for some PS5 games). Didn't think it had anything to do with frontloading whatever data lets you launch the game faster.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

acksplode posted:

I thought Smart Delivery was the feature where you buy a game once and you get whatever version is optimized for the Xbox you're installing it on (vs. the paid upgrades and separate SKUs for some PS5 games). Didn't think it had anything to do with frontloading whatever data lets you launch the game faster.
It doesn't; it is the thing you thought it was.

Edit: the thing with downloading a little bit then starting it is called PlayGo on PlayStation but I dunno what the Xbox equivalent is called.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

where's the "featuring dante from the devil may cry series" sticker???

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

If anyone in the UK is wanting a PS5 and hasn't got a preorder yet, Amazon UK just emailed me to say they're going to have more in stock at an indeterminate time tomorrow morning.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

If anyone in the UK is wanting a PS5 and hasn't got a preorder yet, Amazon UK just emailed me to say they're going to have more in stock at an indeterminate time tomorrow morning.

Danke

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Bit concerned that amazon uk is getting more ps5s yet shopto are still trying to tell me they dont know thier allocation yet and thus my pre-order may or may not exist

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/xboxuk/status/1309076180843331585?s=19

Payback's a bitch. Get your poo poo together sony.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Are harvest arrows actually useful for anything in Horizon? They just seem like worse tearblast

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

:eyepop:

Microsoft have caught, and compromised to a permanent end, Mark Cerny

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

Are harvest arrows actually useful for anything in Horizon? They just seem like worse tearblast

I never used them, I don't think they really have a purpose in combat. If you really need to farm specific machine parts I guess they could be useful but that never really came up for me

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol owned. I hope MS hammers Sony on this

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.

Ham posted:

Amazon.de still has Disc PS5s in stock and is now shipping internationally - VAT gets deducted if you do so outside Eurozone, so the console ends up costing 431 Euros (507 USD) instead of 500 Euros.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B08H93ZRK9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I've got one of these ordered. Has anyone got experience with European systems? Would it be better to get a European to USA outlet adapter or to later order an American PS5 plug?

DMC5SE: I would love to see it running on PS5, but I'll just upgrade my PC version. I don't want to S rank and unlock everything again just yet.

J2DK fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 24, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Went to Gamestop yesterday to get a switch controller and they had big posters up in the window that said "We are NOT taking PS5 or Xbox Series X pre-orders!" lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sakurazuka posted:

If you shoot canisters with them off of dead machines you can get 2-3x the parts.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Vikar Jerome posted:

That will be a great service when they decide to have games on the Xbox.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Rad Valtar posted:

That will be a great service when they decide to have games on the Xbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lfiTebewnc

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

i bought spider man regular edition on ps4 and instead of wanting an upgraded version for ps5 i would just like my money back bc the game is bad

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

If you shoot canisters with them off of dead machines you can get 2-3x the parts.

Oh lol cheers

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

An ice burn 7 years in the making.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Sony making it confusing about game upgrades is nowhere near as bad as Microsoft trying to implement an all digital future with daily check ins. It’s funny but not that funny.