Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I picked up one of those last year from a toy show in the UK, and I definitely remember somehow seeing it in the 80s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Hubcap's got a big head compared to Cliffjumper. L

Still a neat little guy.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

EthanSteele posted:

MP BW Megatron is rad and more cartoon accurate imo (just look at the heads, the MP is straight out of the show) and I imagine this one is going to be much smaller than the MP, but it looks cool as hell and I'm probably going to end up picking it up too.

Oh yeah he still is, don’t get me wrong. But he’s super expensive at this point. So if I can get a new, really good-looking one at a fraction of the price I’ll take it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

That mammoth makes me think of Power Rangers, although I guess it'd have to be a mastodon for that.

And I don't want a T-Rex Megatron unless it has rollerblades.

drrockso20 posted:

Considering the guy who makes it does smut on the side(including several based on Transformers Prime) that's not surprising

I didn't even mean specifically sexually gratuitous, but there is definitely that too. It feels a lot like a webcomic sometimes in that there's all these silly things that built over time into an elaborate world with drama in between silliness.

Also there's an issue where Megatron and Optimus Prime (or independent characters that just bare an extreme resemblance to them in a vague attempt to comply with copyright law) swap minds with the main character and her boyfriend in an attempt to escape and leave the warring factions they led behind.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Zephirus posted:

I'm not a massive BW guy but that Megs is a must buy for me.

Just picked up an old Bandai GoDaiKin Dancougar Mammoth for pretty cheap on ebay, and this guy is great. He goes from a sort of space tank, to space elephant mode, and then a pretty goofy G1 looking robot mode. I'm going to have to keep a lookout for the rest of his little combiner dudes who seem to transform into a massive head and van shoes.

Dancouga is an interesting show to say the least, can't think of any other show where the titular combined robot doesn't even appear till like 20 episodes in and most of it's attacks and weapons were made up for post series OVA's or Super Robot Wars appearances rather than in the show itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqi9oQ13kw0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxgupaKzy-4

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Look what Hubcap/Cliffjumper/Bugbite can do!

If you put the gun bits on his back the same way you attach them for the jet ski mode you can put the backpack on over that to make a jet pack.

That extra part looks like a knife with the grey paint app. Sort of, like a K-BAR tool.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Zephirus posted:

I'm not a massive BW guy but that Megs is a must buy for me.

Just picked up an old Bandai GoDaiKin Dancougar Mammoth for pretty cheap on ebay, and this guy is great. He goes from a sort of space tank, to space elephant mode, and then a pretty goofy G1 looking robot mode. I'm going to have to keep a lookout for the rest of his little combiner dudes who seem to transform into a massive head and van shoes.

Yup, Dancouga's combination is 100% just some platform shoes and a hat. The mammoth is 90% of the dang robot in a way that even like, a Power Ranger guy just putting some armour on isn't.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

MP BW Megatron was probably one of the few MPs ive ever really wanted. But now I don’t even know if I’d need it?? This looks awesome!

I have MP BW Megs and I 100% plan to get this one, with a second for my son. MP BW Megs is cool but I fear transforming him due to all the scary-thin panels. I'd like one I can transform.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Just gonna leave this here

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Who has hurt you this way

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Ban for anime

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Welp, I didn't remember to check on the Quintesson set on Pulse until 20 minutes after it went on sale to the general public, and it was already sold out. Was it ever available to the public, or did the Pulse members get them all? I don't need the set bad enough to pay what a Pulse membership would cost.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Knormal posted:

Welp, I didn't remember to check on the Quintesson set on Pulse until 20 minutes after it went on sale to the general public, and it was already sold out. Was it ever available to the public, or did the Pulse members get them all? I don't need the set bad enough to pay what a Pulse membership would cost.

If you're gonna get your Selects through Pulse rather than somewhere else, I bet it would work out, considering how many Goddamn Selects they push out.

Beats BBTS, for me at any rate.

We were allowed one. That doesn't account for assholes with multiple accounts, I guess, but at least it's something, as far as anti-scalping procedures go.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Decades ago I sold my OG BW megs at a garage sale, gonna be nice to correct that mistake with the new one

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Welp. Today I went into a Smyths for the first time in six months and there are so many robots I want to have bought six months ago...

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Just got a notification from Chosen Prime saying FT Thomas is going to be in-stock within the next three days. poo poo, really? I never thought it would happen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Magic posted:

Just got a notification from Chosen Prime saying FT Thomas is going to be in-stock within the next three days. poo poo, really? I never thought it would happen.

Same. I was pondering selling my FT stuff just because of how pricey some of it has gotten but I wanna check out that chonky space bus first. I also paid for Super Megatron yesterday so I'll have a couple fun things to ship out soon.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

god damnit the thomas preorder is sold out everywhere, and he's expensive as poo poo

i love the triple changer boys but man

edit: lmao the big titty + cameltoe arcee is actually coming out https://showzstore.com/big-firebird-ex-01-nicee-arcee_p1426.html

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Sep 25, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

juggalo baby coffin posted:

god damnit the thomas preorder is sold out everywhere, and he's expensive as poo poo

edit: lmao the big titty + cameltoe arcee is actually coming out https://showzstore.com/big-firebird-ex-01-nicee-arcee_p1426.html

big tiddy bot is out as many incels have been white-knighting it on facebook.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Rhyno posted:

big tiddy bot is out as many incels have been white-knighting it on facebook.

Yeah I bet that sells a ton

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheDK posted:

Yeah I bet that sells a ton

You should see the posts defending it.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I'm good, but I can imagine. If you are already into buying titty figs and happen to also like transformers then this is a slam dunk. The alt mode isn't even that bad. It would probably sell a ton without an alt mode even.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

Something about needing this to counterbalance Chromedome and Rewind.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The worst thing about that Arcee to me is that I actually quite like the car mode and what they do with the car kibble in robot mode, it's just attached to... that

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This titty robot transforms and somehow less offensive than that Arcee.

https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/10044/Cyclion+lt+Type+Lavender+gt.html

Maybe because it's an original character, and the T&A are not as exaggerated.

Brain Sale
Feb 12, 2008

Knormal posted:

They had a pre-order up in the main section (not in pulsecon) around 12:40ish when I bought mine (est arrive 10/19). Their site is down now, but I would check back for more pre-orders.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just learned that it comes with an alternate set of tits.

And so all of you have to know that now too

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The MSJ posted:

This titty robot transforms and somehow less offensive than that Arcee.

https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/10044/Cyclion+lt+Type+Lavender+gt.html

Maybe because it's an original character, and the T&A are not as exaggerated.

That character reminds me of Black Arachnia.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Brain Sale posted:

They had a pre-order up in the main section (not in pulsecon) around 12:40ish when I bought mine (est arrive 10/19). Their site is down now, but I would check back for more pre-orders.
Yeah I'm keeping an eye on it, I'm hoping it'll come back in stock. Ultimately I'm not super invested in it, I just like the idea of the slightly different colored figures to be like, the lead sharkticon/allicon, but if I don't get it oh well. The retail release figures suit me fine.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

juggalo baby coffin posted:

I had him on pre but cancelled a couple months ago, a. it's kind of a bad time to be buying a $300 CAD transformer with all the other poo poo I've got on preorder and b. Sheridan had me a little spooked on FT's initial quality, $300 is also a lot of money to drop on a transformer that could have issues out of the box, if he turns out to be fantastic I'll wait for the second run

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

The worst thing about that Arcee to me is that I actually quite like the car mode and what they do with the car kibble in robot mode, it's just attached to... that

I know, right?

Actually, y'know what? Between the head looking nothing like Arcee, and the whole issue, Big Firebird Arcee is like the Halloween Store Knockoff Costume version of Arcee.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

I just learned that it comes with an alternate set of tits.

And so all of you have to know that now too

You are a thief of joy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
One of them is apparently soft.

You also have to know that

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Is one smaller, at least?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I didn't do that much research.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man

Remember when this was the hot new poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQzNPV9Xwko

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Loved that thing.

I still have the Rodimus armor. I keep it in trailer mode. Looks awesome.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Whats a good pin remover tool? I tried amazoning one of the watch ones but its too small to get it where i need it to go on some of these arms pins.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Definitely not just a playset:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Huffer, Tracks, Inferno, and Waspinator there too.

Packaging looks great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

So where's the best place to preorder these? I don't really feel like hunting in big box stores right now.