Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Dawgstar posted:

We might have more Cinemadonna to look forward to! And WHAT an example!

https://twitter.com/ShadowTodd/status/1305932710473416705

Uh unless the boys mentioned Madonna in the last podcast, I think you're in the wrong thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Welp, Woolie gets his Monster Hunter doggos.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Oxyclean posted:

they're called palamutes

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Oxyclean posted:

And he's still not going to play the game.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is he still not going to play TLOU2?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1306626615330340866?s=20

I still can't believe the cowardice. Like the one game to force you to have a cat friend and now cowards can just have two dogs. Unbelievable.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Neo_Crimson posted:

And he's still not going to play the game.

He played MHW, just didn't stream all of it and probably didn't get to the end of it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Oxyclean posted:

https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1306626615330340866?s=20

I still can't believe the cowardice. Like the one game to force you to have a cat friend and now cowards can just have two dogs. Unbelievable.
Hell yeah. move over inferiorlynes, canynes coming through

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

doggo cant even hold a weapon... smh...

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TTYD lp done, pretty good, although I can't help but wonder how much better it would have been without them doing awful voices.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the voice acting was great though, especially during the glitz pit arc

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

TTYD lp done, pretty good, although I can't help but wonder how much better it would have been without them doing awful voices.

Sadly Snapcube and Prozd are the only people left on YouTube actually doing voice acting

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Rody One Half posted:

Did they get their investment back from the oil rat?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Maybe, I skipped most of the gameplay in the endgame tbh, wanted to just get it off my backlog.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
doesn't sound like it was "pretty good" to you, then, if you felt like you had to skip a majority of it

I watched it all and enjoyed the whole thing immensely, there were slow parts of course as with every RPG but reggie wrangled chat relatively well, and later on woolie went full Pat In Dark Souls 3 and hulked out supremely

also in regards to the oil rat: yes, they got a resolution from him he maxes out your coin counter, 999 coins, regardless of what you already had so luckily woolie had used up a lot of his cash already

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I shouldn't be surprised that Pat missed the message of Transistor and thus thinks the ending sucks.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

also in regards to the oil rat: yes, they got a resolution from him he maxes out your coin counter, 999 coins, regardless of what you already had so luckily woolie had used up a lot of his cash already

for what it's worth: that's only for max investment. (All investments give you a profit though)

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
PREPARE TO DROP

https://www.twitch.tv/woolieversus

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm playing through ODST for the first time in a loooong time right now so I'm pumped for this stream.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/1308815428400173056

Apparently Paige and Pat were on tv.

Wonder what people were more confused by: the skeleton, the Steve Buscemi portrait, or the fact they live in a dungeon.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I think the most confusing thing to the uninitiated would be how Pat got her.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I think the most confusing thing to the uninitiated would be how Pat got her.

I mean, it only takes a few minutes of back and forth to realize, yeah, these people were made for each other.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

I mean, it only takes a few minutes of back and forth to realize, yeah, these people were made for each other.

And it gets more confusing when they learn that Paige has glass bones and paper skin. Every morning she breaks her legs and every afternoon she breaks her arms.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
once you learn paige eats mold by the handful you stop wondering "how did pat get her"

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
They really are a pretty perfect match, it’s honestly pretty heartwarming.

Also, listening to the podcast, I agree with Pat on the “sequels to games in dead franchises” thing. If there are entries in a series coming out, even if they aren’t a direct numbered entry—so for example the incomprehensible list of Kingdoms Hearts games—they’re at least maintaining the franchise, if not advancing the plot.

You can do a series reboot/revival for those games, a la Doom 2016, bit trying to come back to a series whose last entry (or only entry) is old enough to vote and just saying “at long last, we continue the story of __________” is just... stroking while the iron is ice cold.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
What if its a sequel to a remake, a la Crash 4?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
oh great woolie's ODST playthrough is nearly unwatchable because he keeps turning on the night vision visor in broad daylight making most of the screen just a blinding white light

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Blockhouse posted:

oh great woolie's ODST playthrough is nearly unwatchable because he keeps turning on the night vision visor in broad daylight making most of the screen just a blinding white light
"Now I know HappyLights are great for mental health on cloudy days, but this is ridiculous."

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Blockhouse posted:

Why is he like this

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Woolie-Vision

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Live in a Woolie Hole long enough and you can't help marveling at brightness.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I cannot believe MoHun devs are enabling someone who sees "Palamute" and thinks "Pala..mutt?????" missing the obvious "Malamute" pun.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The Lord of Hats posted:

They really are a pretty perfect match, it’s honestly pretty heartwarming.

Also, listening to the podcast, I agree with Pat on the “sequels to games in dead franchises” thing. If there are entries in a series coming out, even if they aren’t a direct numbered entry—so for example the incomprehensible list of Kingdoms Hearts games—they’re at least maintaining the franchise, if not advancing the plot.

You can do a series reboot/revival for those games, a la Doom 2016, bit trying to come back to a series whose last entry (or only entry) is old enough to vote and just saying “at long last, we continue the story of __________” is just... stroking while the iron is ice cold.

The weirdest example I can think of is Hitman, which, as a franchise, has died like 3 times, yet has never rebooted its storyline.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
IO just rolls with the punches knowing the story is gonna be confusing as hell anyway.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The only story that matters in Hitman anyway is youknowwhoheis and 47 saying "I have to use the bathroom"

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Yardbomb posted:

Why is he like this
His unending pursuit of being The Cool Guy has done things to his mind. Strange things. Unknowable things.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Tupperwarez posted:

His unending pursuit of being The Cool Guy has done things to his mind. Strange things. Unknowable things.

It's this and also being obsessed with having options while not being good at decision making when there's a lot of options.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Woolie streamed Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown yesterday and SEGA announced a new Virtua Fighter game today. Coincidence? I think not!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
are all the roguelikes pat is playing just like, platformer/isometric realtime roguelites or is he occasionally delving into the real true Rogue-like games like Dungeons of Dredmor or Caves of Qud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

do you really want to see Pat try to play Caves of Qud