Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm a Dragon's Dogma superfan. I've bought DD on just about every platform it's ever been on, I've played through it more times than I can count and still still couldn't be bothered to go through the hoops to play a drat MMO version of one of my all time favorite games so you are right on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Hmm, I got many rentals when my pawn was Lord Humungus or Wonder Woman, but for some reason no one's rented it since it became a fat bald middle-aged guy named Lumpy Steve. Weird!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol I got a notification from the Steam Ur-Dragon Tracker while I was logged on so hopped into the Chamber of Lament, he landed with one single heart on his right foreclaw palm which he held up immediately to start casting a spell; a nice still target, one deadly arrow (with no buffs at all) URGH TRULY YOU ART WORTHY /dies

That's the Dragonforging I like :o:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
So.. there's a Dragon's Dogma anime coming to Netflix (?) Maybe they'll announce DD 2 :shobon:

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol I got a notification from the Steam Ur-Dragon Tracker while I was logged on so hopped into the Chamber of Lament, he landed with one single heart on his right foreclaw palm which he held up immediately to start casting a spell; a nice still target, one deadly arrow (with no buffs at all) URGH TRULY YOU ART WORTHY /dies

That's the Dragonforging I like :o:

I used to F5 a thread on gamefaqs for this kind of hot info.

megapuppy
Jun 21, 2006

Mastiff Logistics left my package in the rain

ZZZorcerer posted:

So.. there's a Dragon's Dogma anime coming to Netflix (?) Maybe they'll announce DD 2 :shobon:

Just blasted through all 7 episodes of the DD anime. It's pretty entertaining, with nice art and animation - marred only by typical overwrought anime-isms with the acting and story. It'll be interesting to see how they do a second series, though (spoilers) given that the whole game world is based on the idea of a repeating cycle set in a multiverse, they can just reboot it with a different lead character and have them explore other stories from the game. After all, we never got to Gran Soren in this first series.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I'm 5 episodes in and literally the only women in the show are all victims or in the case of the main pawn, subservient to the main character, who apparently has a Powerful Super Mode fueled by Man Pain (which is literally the Only Motivation Ethan Dogma, the main character, has) and also every single episode is gratuitously dumb and dark this show fuckin' sucks please make dragon's dogma 2 though

Edit: 6 episodes in still holds true

mdct fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 21, 2020

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

It's Blood and Boobies for Boys

Everyone sounds bored and it looks worse than the eight-year-old game does

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

The show was never subtle about its surprising (and pretty trite) focus on the seven deadly sins, but the dragon literally monologuing “this is the theme of the story” just took things to a whole other level.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

They got the guy who voiced the dragon in the game back but ruined his voice with a crappy filter :argh:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Man that fuckin' sucked, I'm glad that they only ever planned on making one season of it

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I think episode 1 was the best, probably because it still had the potential to be more dragons dogma-ey at that stage. I also liked the dumbass guard characters in the envy and greed episodes.

Overall I think the best thing about the show is that it made me want to play Dragons Dogma again.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If they never went into someone's house and the pawns smashed and stole all their poo poo then it is a bad show.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also how the gently caress do you have a whole season and not get to Gran Soren.

There's like... 3-4 things that happen before that.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
I lol'd in ep1 when the spunky kid sidekick got unceremoniously gobbled up but that was about the maximum enjoyment I got out of this show. Man, I wasn't expecting anything and was still disappointed.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

FutonForensic posted:

It's Blood and Boobies for Boys

Now I need to check it out

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

mdct posted:

I'm 5 episodes in and literally the only women in the show are all victims or in the case of the main pawn, subservient to the main character, who apparently has a Powerful Super Mode fueled by Man Pain (which is literally the Only Motivation Ethan Dogma, the main character, has) and also every single episode is gratuitously dumb and dark this show fuckin' sucks please make dragon's dogma 2 though

Edit: 6 episodes in still holds true

It's pretty bad. I have a high tolerance for lovely TV and this is below even that bar.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

big nipples big life posted:

If they never went into someone's house and the pawns smashed and stole all their poo poo then it is a bad show.

this.

the show was way too horny. while it is true the DD game has some suggestive themes it is also equally powerfully true that noone in the DD game understands what sex is and babies are delivered by storks

also pawns cannot be hybrid classes!!!

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Ramc posted:

this.

the show was way too horny. while it is true the DD game has some suggestive themes it is also equally powerfully true that noone in the DD game understands what sex is and babies are delivered by storks

also pawns cannot be hybrid classes!!!

How you make a show entirely about a video game in 2020 - with no extraneous media, just a pure video game adaptation - and still gently caress it up is a mystery for the ages.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Do they encounter any wolves in the show?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yes

Spoilers: they hunt in packs, Arisen

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

Yes

Spoilers: they hunt in packs, Arisen

Sounds good to me!

I was gonna watch it but of course days before it comes out my brother cancels his netflix and I'm not gonna make an account to watch 1 thing

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Do they encounter any particularly large trees? A bird maybe (but bigger)? A fiend with a woman's form?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Not yet but the latest episode ended with a cliffhanger about goblins ill liking something

I think it's surprise parties but my friend says communism

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wow that show blew complete rear end

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I keep thinking about how they alluded to the Duke didn’t use him at all. I get the impulse to keep the twist re: The Cycle a secret until the reveal, but his story is such a rad bit of storytelling it boggles the mind.

Also I think they probably needed about twice as many episodes for Ethan and Hannah’s personal journeys to feel less abrupt.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

that anime was extremely loving bad holy poo poo

generic high fantasy w/ random edgy trope into the most generic edgy ender possible at the end of every single episode

the stupid opposing char journies of ethan dragonsdogma randomly becoming a shithead and hannah being going from generic emotionless female lead to generic female lead

the action was cool at least i guess

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013
I agree with everyone to a certain extent. But at least they gave a unique reason for why the story ends differently

Basically killing the dragon for the sake to revenge/pride, basically ensures you become a dragon without encountering the Seneschal. It's basically another layer to the trial/test the Dragon is within the actual game.

I won't deny that only good/interesting thing in said anime.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
i think the anime also adds more to the dlcs plot of the rules of the universe are bullshit. while the series had quite a few bad episodes, i felt greed and pride episodes were at least very dragons dogma.

ilyatha
Nov 4, 2009
Hmmm. So big hack (sad since it released a bunch of employee data) of Capcom revealed what seems to be (at least by Internet rumor monger standards) their tentative release schedule for the next few years...and lo and behold:

- MH Stories 2 (Q1 FY21)
- DGS 12 (Q1 FY21)
- SHIELD (Q3 FY21)
- RESIDENT EVIL OUTRAGE (Q4 FY21)
- REGOLITH (Q4 FY21)
- "Indies 2" (Q1 FY22)
- "Indies 2 port" (Q2 FY22)
- Dragon's Dogma 2 (Q2 FY22)
- STREET FIGHTER 6 (Q3 FY22)
- ROCKMAN MATCH (Q3 FY22)
- RESIDENT EVIL 4 REMAKE (Q4 FY22)
- ONIMUSHA NEW WORK (Q4 FY22)
- MH NS G (Q4 FY22)
- SHIELD G (Q4 FY22)
- Monster Hunter 6 (Q2 FY23)
- BIOHAZARD APOCALYPSE (Q3 FY23)
- CAPTAIN COMMANDO (Q4 FY23)
- SSF6 (Q4 FY23)
- NEW C (Q1 FY24)
- FINAL FIGHT REMAKE (Q2 FY24)
- POWER STONE REMAKE (Q3 FY24)
- NEW B (Q4 FY24)
- Ultra SF6 (Q4 FY24)
- Resident Evil Hank (Q4 FY24)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

To be honest we've been meming about it for so long that I don't know what I'll do when it actually does come out

Like how I was shocked when they announced Baldur's Gate 3

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I want to know more about Resident Evil Hank.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Jesus Christ, Marie!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Onimusha being on that list gives me my doubts on how legit it is

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

C-Euro posted:

Do I look like I know what a Nemesis is?

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

C-Euro posted:

It better involve propane and propane accessories.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Q2 2022 would roughly fall on the ten year anniversary.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

We've listened to the fan base and

we've ditched the pawn system and DD2 will be a battle royale roguelike survival game

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Phlegmish posted:

We've listened to the fan base and

we've ditched the pawn system and DD2 will be a battle royale roguelike survival game

don't even joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Gimme that powerstone remake