Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

dxt posted:

I need to pick two WRs, .5 PPR

Robert Woods @ Buf
CeeDee Lamb @ Sea
Corey Davis @ Min
Edelman v LV

Was thinking Woods and Lamb, but Edelman just had a massive game and the Vikings secondary is trash.
Either way seems fine to me.

PPR
D. Montgomery @ATL
J. Kelley vs CAR

My opponent has Ekeler so I'm thinking to go with Monty so I don't have so much invested in that backfield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chernabog posted:

Either way seems fine to me.

PPR
D. Montgomery @ATL
J. Kelley vs CAR

My opponent has Ekeler so I'm thinking to go with Monty so I don't have so much invested in that backfield.
I've been torn about playing Monty because I'm worried the game will be a shootout and Monty wont get to run a lot, but the Bears may try to run it a lot to keep the ball out of Atlanta's hands.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Standard Scoring TE question:
Jared Cook vs GB
Gesicki @ JAX -> Thursday

Kind of torn between these two. Cook barely salvaged an acceptable week last week with a TD, but he had 2 receptions for 13 yards against what was seen as a positive matchup. Gesicki should have a favorable matchup and he had a big week last week, but did nothing in week 1. Most projections I have seen have Cook ahead, but it is hard to feel comfortable after a 13 yard week.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pain of Mind posted:

Standard Scoring TE question:
Jared Cook vs GB
Gesicki @ JAX -> Thursday

Kind of torn between these two. Cook barely salvaged an acceptable week last week with a TD, but he had 2 receptions for 13 yards against what was seen as a positive matchup. Gesicki should have a favorable matchup and he had a big week last week, but did nothing in week 1. Most projections I have seen have Cook ahead, but it is hard to feel comfortable after a 13 yard week.
The Jags let Jonnu Smith and other TEN TEs run wild last week, start Gesicki.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Standard scoring

Gurley vs CHI or Montgomery @ ATL

e: this might sound crazy, but Diggs vs LAR, Devante @ JAX or Marquise Brown vs KC? Diggs would be the no brainer but Jalen Ramsey and I'm expecting the others to be shootouts

Intruder fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 24, 2020

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
In a 0.5 PPR league, who should I start at Flex?

Marvin Jones @ Ari
Darius Slayton vs SF
Josh Kelley vs Car

Currently going with Jones because he has the highest floor, but I'm not sure.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

:siren: Chark ruled out for tonight :siren:

Fire up your Keelan Coles!

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Do I go with Cole over Gallup or john brown in half ppr? It feels like I shouldn't take Gallup out of a good matchup, but brown has been on fire so far. But brown is in a bad matchup although Diggs will probably be the one who Jalen Ramsey is on.

I'd definitely do Gesicki over cook. Gesicki gets a lot.of targets and cook is just betting on a TD.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Artonos posted:

Do I go with Cole over Gallup or john brown in half ppr? It feels like I shouldn't take Gallup out of a good matchup, but brown has been on fire so far. But brown is in a bad matchup although Diggs will probably be the one who Jalen Ramsey is on.

I'd definitely do Gesicki over cook. Gesicki gets a lot.of targets and cook is just betting on a TD.
Cole has been scoring well because he has caught a TD each game, but his target volume is low comparatively, though it could go up with Chark out. I'd say go with the guy thats been on fire and play Brown.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
1. A league where I start only 1 RB and have an IR'd McCaffrey. 1 PPR. Playing a good team, even projections

Chase Edmonds vs. DET
Mike Davis @ LAC
Myles Gaskin @ Jax (Thurs)
AP @ AZ
Latavius Murray vs. GB

lean Davis I guess?

2. 1 PPR. Playing a good team, even projections. (I own Derrick Henry if that matters)

Jonnu @ MIN
Gesicki @ JAX (Thurs)

lean Gesicki

coronaball fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 24, 2020

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Ahh sorry, I need to start 2 of those 3. I started writing it as just a Cole vs Gallup post but then re-wrote in the brown stuff before hitting post so I forgot to mention that.

I think you're right brown is at 16 targets. Cole is at 12 and Gallup is at 10. So definitely start Brown.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Darius Slayton vs. SF or Robby Anderson vs. LAC

1ppr

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

coronaball posted:

1. A league where I start only 1 RB and have an IR'd McCaffrey. 1 PPR. Playing a good team, even projections

Chase Edmonds vs. DET
Mike Davis @ LAC
AP @ AZ
Latavius Murray vs. GB

lean Davis I guess?

2. 1 PPR. Playing a good team, even projections. (I own Derrick Henry if that matters)

Jonnu @ MIN
Gesicki @ JAX (Thurs)

lean Gesicki

I hate to say it but I think you have to go Davis. Edmonds is a backup. Gaskin is in some weird-rear end love triangle backfield, AP might be in more-or-less the same thing and Murray, who I love, is not the automatic flex play a lot of people seem to think.

That's a tough choice at TE but I think JAX/MIA is more likely to have a lot of scoring back and forth.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm all aboard the Jonnu hype wagon but I would do Gesicki vs Jax

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

coronaball posted:

Chase Edmonds vs. DET
Mike Davis @ LAC
AP @ AZ
Latavius Murray vs. GB

lean Davis I guess?

Jonnu @ MIN
Gesicki @ JAX (Thurs)

lean Gesicki

I kind of like Jonnu a bit over Gesicki, but I could see either having a big game. I would also lean Davis over Gaskin but it would be very close. I guess it depends on how much you want to give yourself a reason to care about tonight's game.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Apparently Kirk only has eyes for Thielen.

Which means if I had Thielen I would start him.

Ouch your IRs. Gesicki could blow up (again) vs the Jags so he is a good start - Jags pass D is bad, and has been bad against TEs for like a decade. As for your other starters, its hard to say. Its looking like RoJo's week 1 was a fluke and James White aint a great option. I cant even keep the Rams RBs straight - which one is the starter this week?

Yeah man, yikes indeed!

Henderson seems to be the Rams starter this week, so that seems to be the play.

Related to this, in 0 PPR, Gesecki is the play over Goedert, right?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Anti-Hero posted:

Yeah man, yikes indeed!

Henderson seems to be the Rams starter this week, so that seems to be the play.

I've been telling everyone to go Gesicki vs Jags all regardless of PPR or not, especially with the Eagles inexplicably wetting the bed so far this year.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Anti-Hero posted:

Who else is Wentz going to throw to?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

decypher posted:

Who else is Wentz going to throw to?

My moneys on the ground and also the other team

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

VietCampo posted:

My moneys on the ground and also the other team
Its this.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

coronaball posted:

Chase Edmonds vs. DET
Mike Davis @ LAC
AP @ AZ
Latavius Murray vs. GB

I think Gaskin is your home run swing guy if you want to take down a stacked team. He's been active in the passing game, and eventually Miami has to quit giving Howard carries when he's averaging less than a yard per touch.

Davis is the low-risk play if you're confident with the rest of your team because he'll get the volume touches, though not CMC volume and the Chargers D was stingy against the Chiefs last week.

Blind Pineapple fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Sep 24, 2020

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Pat Mahomes @ Bal
Or
Josh Allen vs LAR

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
1 PPR

Laviska v Miami (tonight)
Gallup @ Seattle

Also, is either worth flexing over J Kelley v Carolina?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

The Zack posted:

1 PPR

Laviska v Miami (tonight)
Gallup @ Seattle

Also, is either worth flexing over J Kelley v Carolina?

Laviskaaaaaa

Neither is worth flexing over Kelley

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
In a similar boat here:

.5 PPR flex

Joshua Kelley vs CAR

or

Shenault vs MIA

(Id be dropping Anthony Miller for Shenault)

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
1 PPR for my flex, i have Robinson slotted in right now and he plays in a couple hours.

Any of these other dudes worth playing over him?
Golladay @ARI (don't think i want to start him first week back, but i didn't draft him in the 2nd round to not start when healthy)
Marvin Jones @ARI
Antonio Gibson @CLE
Josh Kelley vCAR

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Keith Atherton posted:

In a similar boat here:

.5 PPR flex

Joshua Kelley vs CAR

or

Shenault vs MIA

Kelley

Miller’s been a ghost and Shenault’s been more productive than expected. I don’t think these two trends last.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Keith Atherton posted:

In a similar boat here:

.5 PPR flex

Joshua Kelley vs CAR

or

Shenault vs MIA

This one you gotta go with Kelley

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Thanks!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I hope you guys started Gesicki!

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I hope you guys started Gesicki!

I did!

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Need help on a flex call.

0.5 PPR
Julian Edelman vs. Vegas
Jerick McKinnon vs. NYG
Will Fuller V vs. Pittsburgh

I have Edelman slotted right now against a bad D but I find myself wondering about McKinnon's potential.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'd just stick with Edelman.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kull the Conqueror posted:

0.5 PPR
Julian Edelman vs. Vegas
Jerick McKinnon vs. NYG

I have Edelman slotted right now against a bad D but I find myself wondering about McKinnon's potential.
I'm playing McKinnon over WRs with potential against mediocre to bad Ds just because McKinnon is the only one in that backfield not injured, and anyone running in Shanahan's system is good, and they are playing the Giants so I expect them to run a lot when they have a lead and/or because they have no healthy WRs. However Edelman and Cam seem to have a good connection so if you keep him in I wouldnt blame you. Vegas did okay against the Saints but that could be due to no MT and Brees possibly being cooked.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Kull the Conqueror posted:

0.5 PPR
Julian Edelman vs. Vegas
Jerick McKinnon vs. NYG

Seconding Jet McKinnon

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Pick a WR, 0 PPR

Lazard @ NO
Jeudy v Den
N'Keal Harry v LV

Lazard could be good if Adams is out. Jeudy should be the guy in Denver, but they don't really have a QB. Harry started to link up with Cam last week and is promising.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I just saw the news that Mullins is starting for SF so I think I'm definitely going to start McKinnon (if there was any double before) since he will probably also be a dump off target.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
IDP time! 2 point tackles/1 point assists, 1 point passes defensed, 3 point sacks, 4 point INTs/Recovered Fumbles, 6 point TDs

Jabrill Peppers (at SF)
Kyle Fuller (at ATL)

On one hand San Fran probably won't be throwing much, but the throws that do get made are likely to be worse quality with more going over the middle than toward the sidelines. On the other hand, Atlanta will throw a lot, but also has a lot more offensive talent and receivers that can win one on one anywhere on the field.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Blind Pineapple posted:

IDP time! 2 point tackles/1 point assists, 1 point passes defensed, 3 point sacks, 4 point INTs/Recovered Fumbles, 6 point TDs

Jabrill Peppers (at SF)
Kyle Fuller (at ATL)

On one hand San Fran probably won't be throwing much, but the throws that do get made are likely to be worse quality with more going over the middle than toward the sidelines. On the other hand, Atlanta will throw a lot, but also has a lot more offensive talent and receivers that can win one on one anywhere on the field.

Peppers runs kicks so if you get points for that it should be factored in as well. That said, I own Peppers and he’s been really disappointing.

Fuller I’d start cause obviously lots of tackle opportunities for the secondary with the Atlanta passing game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I really can't make my mind up on Darius Slayton or Josh Kelley for my Flex spot. I have Slayton in now but Kelley's matchup looks really tasty.

Half PPR.