Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

juggalo baby coffin posted:

no i don't know which one that is

I’d encourage you to read the wiki. It’ll tell you what you need to do.

https://ngu-idle.fandom.com/wiki/NGU_Idle_Wiki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Oodles posted:

I’d encourage you to read the wiki. It’ll tell you what you need to do.

https://ngu-idle.fandom.com/wiki/NGU_Idle_Wiki

thanks, i probably should ahve just done that in the first place, but I have a bad habit of reading the entire wiki for a game and spoiling it for myself

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Is Evolve still the current best Kittens Game successor? I need something to fiddle with during work downtime, I tried Trimps and I kind of hate how you upgrade equipment

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i got the ugg item, do i need to upgrade it to 100 to be able to beat him?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

i got the ugg item, do i need to upgrade it to 100 to be able to beat him?

More than likely, yes. It has a greater effect the higher level it is. It’s possible to have enough stats to not need it fully leveled but unlikely.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

If you're killing him for the first time, it absolutely has to be level 100 - even 99 might not be enough.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Also if you're just hanging around beefing up your adventure stats, make sure you're plowing as much into Advanced Training for your adventure stats as you can. For example:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Wow a 26 day rebirth

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Ineptitude posted:

Wow a 26 day rebirth

23! I finished Greasy Nerd v3 and Meta Land and I'm a few drops away from finishing Interdimensional Party and I don't really see the point of rebirthing and waiting another couple of weeks for AT to build up until there's other things I want to do.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Pope Guilty posted:

23! I finished Greasy Nerd v3 and Meta Land and I'm a few drops away from finishing Interdimensional Party and I don't really see the point of rebirthing and waiting another couple of weeks for AT to build up until there's other things I want to do.

50% ygg fruit bonus is the point.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Chin Strap posted:

50% ygg fruit bonus is the point.

I mean I guess? But I don't think I'd be farming as high as I am if I'd been resetting every day.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I've definitely done some long rebirths once I find myself in striking distance of the next zone/titan. Gives you the feeling of meaningful forward progress.

You'll want to get back to 24h rebirths once you've got the gear and have a long way to go until the next zone.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Jabor posted:

I've definitely done some long rebirths once I find myself in striking distance of the next zone/titan. Gives you the feeling of meaningful forward progress.

You'll want to get back to 24h rebirths once you've got the gear and have a long way to go until the next zone.

Yeah I was originally trying to get up to Nerd v3, and then I realized I had the stats for Meta Land, and by the time I finished Meta Land I had Interdimensional Party unlocked, and now I'm in striking distance of The Godmother and right now I'm about a day from being able to kill boss 174 and unlock Typo Zonw, though given the jump in Adventure stats there I think that's probably about the point where I'll start rebirthing again and doing a few challenges.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

Im at the end of Sad, hacks are hard capped, there are almost no perks or quirks left, cards bonuses are so high i'd need several days worth of the same card to make impacts, and all my xp is being funneled into adventure attack and it is only now that i have started not rebirthing daily. In Evil you definitely want to rebirth daily, for the 50% Ygg bonus as mentioned above.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

So about move 69, um. How's that supposed to work? The patch notes are a bit unhelpful.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Schurik posted:

So about move 69, um. How's that supposed to work? The patch notes are a bit unhelpful.

Presumably something to do with Item 195?

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

Wow a 26 day rebirth

I'm real awful at this. :v:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

What happened to NGU speeds in the newest patch?

The power requirements for Energy NGU got cut by about a third, while for Magic NGU they got doubled. I can't see anything about the speeds being changed in the patch notes.

Basically it took me about 6e18 energy to BB all energy NGUs except PP, which was left at 50%. This left me with 3e18 energy that i put into wishes.
Now i can BB all Energy NGUs with 3,3e18 energy and have 5,7e left over.

For Magic its the opposite, i could BB all and have 3e18 left over, now it takes 8,9e18 to BB them.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

how da heck do i get my adventure guy strong enough to be able to farm the mega lands in NGU idle?

i've unlocked the beard world but my adventure guy is just waaay behind. i've got the full gaudy set all completely upgraded and boosted and i dont think I can get anything better right now gear-wise.

I'm a little bit ahead of you, I had to manually fight in Mega Lands for a while to get the mega man gear. After I boosted those and levelled up the ring of apathy I let the game idle offline for a few days with everything in advanced training and NGU adventure, when I turned the game back on I instakilled UUG without even realizing it. Right now I'm able to manually fight in Beard Lands but I didn't have any new gear drop yet.

Edit: The tie and 2D pendant accessories plus an energy potion beta sped things up during the long idle time.

Tokelau All Star fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 24, 2020

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

What happened to NGU speeds in the newest patch?

The power requirements for Energy NGU got cut by about a third, while for Magic NGU they got doubled. I can't see anything about the speeds being changed in the patch notes.

Basically it took me about 6e18 energy to BB all energy NGUs except PP, which was left at 50%. This left me with 3e18 energy that i put into wishes.
Now i can BB all Energy NGUs with 3,3e18 energy and have 5,7e left over.

For Magic its the opposite, i could BB all and have 3e18 left over, now it takes 8,9e18 to BB them.

Sadistic Troll Challenge 1 gives a x3 boost to Energy NGU speed now. Not sure what would impact your Magic NGU speed. Check your potions, maybe one of them dropped off?

Klungar fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 24, 2020

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Is Evolve still the current best Kittens Game successor? I need something to fiddle with during work downtime, I tried Trimps and I kind of hate how you upgrade equipment

Yes. And IMO Evolve surpasses KG. It has more content at this point and is overall a much smoother experience. It's also still actively developed, with a new universe and a ton of content expected out within the next few weeks.

I recently mentioned this but I think Evolve is in my top 10 GAMES of all time. My (weird combination of) top 3 genres are FPS/management sim/incremental though so take that as you will...

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Klungar posted:

Not sure what would impact your Magic NGU speed. Check your potions, maybe one of them dropped off?

Ive been through everything now and cant find the error.

I have done nothing except focus on NGUs the last month and know what they are supposed to cost and it was immediately noticeable that i went from having a huge chunk of magic left over to having so little i cant even BB wandoos with the leftovers.

Im on B potions so they dont drop off.

Edit: comparing my total ngu stats with someone on discord i have a bit higher stats than them but they use far less resources to BB the ngus. I have higher levels but going from 47 mil to 136 mil isnt THAT big an increase is it?

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 24, 2020

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Garfu posted:

Yes. And IMO Evolve surpasses KG. It has more content at this point and is overall a much smoother experience.

Seconded. I’ve been playing Evolve since it was first posted and it’s a fun game that generally balances the ability to idle with the ability to make choices on what you want to focus towards. It’s clearly not the game that was initially envisioned, but I think it’s worthwhile.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Schurik posted:

Hint: lol 69

(I felt pretty clever figuring this one out with no hints or resources beyond the patch notes.)

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Oook?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Looks like you beat the game!

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Hopefully you can't destroy that. Because I don't even look at what cards are anymore, I just delete anything "meh" and lower and cast the rest.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
Sad that all the energy costs aren't 69 as well

Eternalmajin
Apr 5, 2009

Bedurndurn posted:

(The End card)

Oook?

Delete it. That's the crappy ending. Hold out for at least a good ending.

(Don't actually delete it. I doubt the grade actually matters. Or that a good version is actually available knowing 4g.)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

This Magic NGU thing is really bothering me. I was hoping the problem would go away after rebirthing but no luck.
Comparing my stats to others i should be using a lot less magic to BB my NGUs

My stats are:
1,45e36% to Energy NGU
2,1e36% to Magic NGU

2,6e18 Energy to BB NGU PP, which has 101e6 levels
7,4e18 Magic to BB Magic Adv, which has 149e6 levels.

Would like to see some others' stats for this, if you are in late Sad and are BBing NGUs

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
Synergism 2.0 is out tonight at 8 PM eastern. Unless it's delayed, of course.

I've played with the beta a bunch over the past few months and here's what I've discovered:

There's a new currency, WOW! cubes. Actually there are more than that but it doesn't matter for our purposes right now, they're relevant much later.

Assuming you're at endgame right now, when you first load the game you'll be able to do a new kind of reset, an ascension, for a bunch of hypercubes. Hypercubes are earned by completing challenges; they go into a bank and you collect the bank on ascension. Doing an ascension requires having completed challenge 10. Don't ascend yet; ascending resets everything including researches and talismans and it's going to take you a while to earn that stuff back. You can do a few things with your current game that's probably super-way-far ahead of the curve that will make your first ascension easier.

First, go to the shop. If you're like me, you have thousands of quarks saved up. That's good, because there are a ton of new shop upgrades and they're super expensive.

The ant upgrade now has 10 levels. You want all 10. If you have any quarks to spare, the one that gives you 3% more cubes on ascension is going to be pretty valuable, because the cubes are going to be one of your main forms of progression measurement and you only few a few thousand per ascension at the start. I don't know if anyone has mathed out the optimal shop upgrade path yet, but ants and more cubes are a pretty safe bet.

Second, go to runes. Blessings have been reworked and have to be purchased for offerings. You'll probably have enough offerings saved up to buy a few thousand. Blessings persist across ascensions.

Third, try to push all the challenges one last time. You want to get as many cubes as possible on your first ascension. I think I was able to get around 2000-2200.

Then, you can finally ascend. You're back to the start; have fun building back up. You have two options with cubes: Open them for random permanent bonuses to almost everything, or spend them on permanent upgrades. At the start, you want to buy both levels of cube upgrade 1x1 (14% more cubes per ascension), since it's super cheap and provides immediate, immense value. There are a lot of other great upgrades, but they are very expensive and cubes are going to be in short supply for a while, so I recommend skipping them. A level in the offering/obtainium gain upgrades might be a good idea, but I'm not sure. Follow your heart. I'd say you should definitely save up and open no fewer than 1000 cubes.

There's also a new building type and a new currency to buy them earned called wow tesseracts. You're only going to earn 1 per ascension for a while, but buy what you can afford, since you'll slowly gain a constant divider to taxes that you can spend on various upgrades. The upgrades are minor but will build up over time. But it's going to take a long time to see meaningful progress here.

Ascension #2 will take a few days, and you'll get around 2000 cubes again. Keep investing a little bit in the obtainium/offering upgrades and opening the rest of the cubes. Once you get to the point where ascensions only take a few hours, it's useful to start investing in the cheaper quality-of-life upgrades in the first row.

I'm sure some person will run all the numbers and come up with a perfect guide that contradicts everything I've said here in a few days, but it's easy to make a few big mistakes like buying less useful shop upgrades or not buying blessings.

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

In Synergism, am I missing something re: completing Challenge 10? I'm getting 1e530 out of 1e1000 coins and there doesn't seem to be anything left other than a slow slog. I've maxed Exemption, Chronos, and Mortuus Est talismans, building up for the last enhancement of Plastic talisman. Am I missing getting a talisman somehow, or is this just going to take a long time?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Cliff posted:

In Synergism, am I missing something re: completing Challenge 10? I'm getting 1e530 out of 1e1000 coins and there doesn't seem to be anything left other than a slow slog. I've maxed Exemption, Chronos, and Mortuus Est talismans, building up for the last enhancement of Plastic talisman. Am I missing getting a talisman somehow, or is this just going to take a long time?

Are you respeccing your talismans? They should be 1-3-5 for ant progression and 1-2-4 for challenges. Also don't forget to turn off auto-sacrifice and let the ant levels build up for a bit before you respec.

New Yorp New Yorp fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Sep 25, 2020

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

I don't know what you mean by respeccing talismans so no, that must be what I'm missing. Also I only have 4 talismans.

e: wow I really should have clicked respec sometime in the last month this changes everything.

e2: I am a dumbass, thank you!

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Cliff posted:

I don't know what you mean by respeccing talismans so no, that must be what I'm missing. Also I only have 4 talismans.

e: wow I really should have clicked respec sometime in the last month this changes everything.

e2: I am a dumbass, thank you!

Yeah, the initial thought would be "respec gives me back the resources I invested in them", not "respec changes the runes the talismans affect".

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
One other piece of pre-Synergism 2.0 advice that you can take right now at this moment to prepare for the launch:
Turn off auto-reincarnation and auto-sacrifice right now to build up a big bank, since you will get drastically more blessings after the update

In fact, I just checked the discord and found someone had prepared some useful advice. I'm assuming this supercedes anything I said:

Guide to get the most from your import into 2.0 before ascending:
0) Buy any pots you want now since the price goes from 35 quarks to 100 quarks.
1) Do not ascend and do not hit ant sac right away
-Respec. Talismans 245. (Tax is limiting value so get as much tax reduction as you can
-Respec. Shop (Ant Speed, Season Pass for More Cubes, EX Obt Gain highest priority). After that insta challenge, 1 in autos and reincarnation challenge increase (more tax reduction from c6)
-Spend current offerings in runes before ant sac (More bang for your buck at high levels because after you sac it won't be as much rune xp)
-Spend current offerings in blessings Prioritize ant sac for more obt/offerings from your ant sac but make sure to put most in global speed and ant mutli exponent to speed up A1.
-Rerun through all challenges
-Now Sacrifice Ants (You will get more offerings/obt)
-Spend current offerings in blessings
-Spend all obtainium in 5x19-5x20 (Definitely make sure you have auto ant sac 5x24 before ascending)

Overall this brings my cubes of first ascension from 1900 on log in to around 2400

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
If blessings aren't the thing where the rune turns red, I have no idea what blessings are. If they are, I have no idea where you learn the name.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Red Minjo posted:

If blessings aren't the thing where the rune turns red, I have no idea what blessings are. If they are, I have no idea where you learn the name.

They are in the current version. They're getting redesigned in the upcoming patch to be a separate bucket you dump offerings into which provide the same bonuses. They are overall far less powerful, though.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Does anyone have a list of the set completion bonuses added in the recent 1.210 patch to NGU?

edit: whoops, someone didn't read the hotfix, lol, they're not in yet, nevermind

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

KazigluBey posted:

Does anyone have a list of the set completion bonuses added in the recent 1.210 patch to NGU?

edit: whoops, someone didn't read the hotfix, lol, they're not in yet, nevermind

That list is a null set. 4G lies.