Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Banana Factory
Mar 14, 2009

Khris Kruel posted:

after catching up on everything, Banana Factory is banned from the discord again.

I really don't want anyone who is ready to turn on us at the drop of a dime after their own gently caress ups, and advertises their spymaster free agent to other alliances after they failed to read importance messages for two weeks, in our discord.

Time for drama round 2

Turns out joining another corp after getting kicked from a corp is basically going gently caress goons.

Solvarn posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hhahahhahhahahahahahahahahaha

EDIT: I also hate the latest patch. They fixed NPC targeting so I can't exploit the 4 minute NPC retargeting delay. gently caress gooons.

Banana Factory fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solvarnisdumb
Sep 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

I created another account and paid the $10 in order to take responsibility for my idiotic remarks and to provide some context. With how much toxic masculinity and misogyny is prevalent in gaming the fact I inadvertently contributed to it is very upsetting and disappointing.

I do not know this person I posted about. The only knowledge I have about them is that their claim to fame as a spy is using sexploitation in order to dupe a corp in EO out of a capital ship. I was shocked that someone capable of such incredible duplicity wasnt able to just get a few friends to vouch for them. I said as much in voice chat when we were discussing this yesterday. I regret that like me this person acted without thinking and is suffering the consequences of that choice.

In my experience I've only seen this done by men masquerading as women. Almost universally the women I've gamed with do not like this type of thing because it promotes a negative stereotype.

I regret using the term I did which has in the past only been directed at sweaty neckbeards dumb enough to fall for this sort of scam.

We live in a culture where grace or contrition aren't encouraged so I understand and accept me apologizing or trying to explain why I said something so incredibly stupid will make no difference in outcomes for me personally. I had my shot and I let people down by being careless. In my attempt to try to support a group I believe in and was starting to form friendships in I did just the opposite.

While I accept responsibility for my comments I hope this helps underscore that this isnt who I am. So many people have challenges with gender in their daily lives and gaming is a respite from that i ruined for some people today.

If you've hung in this long enough I appreciate the rapid response from both the forum admins and the corp in ensuring that this is a community where everyone can be welcome.

I deeply regret detracting from that even inadvertently. Like flying a ship you can't afford pain is the best instructor and I appreciate the show of support for women gamers with the deserved ridicule and quick action of leadership in addressing my stupidity.

Was fun while it lasted and this is a group of solid folks. Thanks all.

;tldr I hosed up sorry.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

solvarnisdumb fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Sep 25, 2020

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Giving :10bux: to a wife beater instead of waiting out a 24 hour probation to post about your feelings is just

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

solvarnisdumb posted:

I created another account and paid the $10 in order to take responsibility for my idiotic remarks and to provide some context. With how much toxic masculinity and misogyny is prevalent in gaming the fact I inadvertently contributed to it is very upsetting and disappointing.

I do not know this person I posted about. The only knowledge I have about them is that their claim to fame as a spy is using sexploitation in order to dupe a corp in EO out of a capital ship. I was shocked that someone capable of such incredible duplicity wasnt able to just get a few friends to vouch for them. I said as much in voice chat when we were discussing this yesterday. I regret that like me this person acted without thinking and is suffering the consequences of that choice.

In my experience I've only seen this done by men masquerading as women. Almost universally the women I've gamed with do not like this type of thing because it promotes a negative stereotype.

I regret using the term I did which has in the past only been directed at sweaty neckbeards dumb enough to fall for this sort of scam.

We live in a culture where grace or contrition aren't encouraged so I understand and accept me apologizing or trying to explain why I said something so incredibly stupid will make no difference in outcomes for me personally. I had my shot and I let people down by being careless. In my attempt to try to support a group I believe in and was starting to form friendships in I did just the opposite.

While I accept responsibility for my comments I hope this helps underscore that this isnt who I am. So many people have challenges with gender in their daily lives and gaming is a respite from that i ruined for some people today.

If you've hung in this long enough I appreciate the rapid response from both the forum admins and the corp in ensuring that this is a community where everyone can be welcome.

I deeply regret detracting from that even inadvertently. Like flying a ship you can't afford pain is the best instructor and I appreciate the show of support for women gamers with the deserved ridicule and quick action of leadership in addressing my stupidity.

;tldr I hosed up sorry.

So you paid a wifebeater 10 bucks because you couldn't just let it lie a day. Enjoy your ramp.

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer
Username checks out.

Evading a probation is quite the dumb move.

Banana Factory
Mar 14, 2009

solvarnisdumb posted:

;tldr I hosed up sorry.

Hi, I didn't use "sexploitation".

I spammed cheap wardec towers against that corp using my goonfleet main, and then with my alt I offered to assist with the crisis I created. That game mechanic was broken enough to make the game literally unplayable. Then their corp fell apart and then the PL guy leading their alliance got pissed off and threatened us for weeks but he lived on the other side of the universe so he couldn't do poo poo. It was awesome.

EDIT: This was in the Second Galaxy goon corp, not EO. It was the first capital ship theft in that game. I might have some recordings laying around from when I went in their Discord and made fun of them while switching up my nicknames so they couldn't find me. It's :effort: to find them though.

Banana Factory fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Sep 25, 2020

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

Tear off the chains and the entire world will be free

Solvarn posted:

I'll bite.

Bummed out for the one guy that was trying to help resolve this he seemed to be passionate about it and he's cool.

That being said...

...I think you need to maybe do more than sound cute and have ovaries to be a good spy. When playing Spreadsheets in Space a truly manipulative woman should have been able to muffblind a couple of guys into fighting this fight without saying anything publicly. A good spy like a real journalist or talented magician lets their work do the talking. Snowing some Hungry Jack's should be like high sec mining for an intelligence operative.

If you trade in betrayal you can't allow your feelings to get in the way.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

the complete lack of awareness here is really stunning
e: oh okay he paid 10 bux to lowtax to make a mea culpa, because waiting 24 hours was just too long, which doesn't seem much better

Nation of Thizzlam fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Sep 25, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

solvarnisdumb posted:

;tldr I hosed up sorry.
i cant imagine anything more performative than giving a wifebeater ten dollars to make this post instead of just waiting a day to go 'yeah sorry my bad, i jumped the gun' like a normal person

you are not actually interested in fighting sexism you just want to have people call you a good person.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

i can't believe you just did that

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Well this is entertaining.

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

this game has been out for less than 2 months and look at the number of idiots that have already crawled out of the woodwork lmao

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
goldmine

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
this game rules

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Well that sure accomplished the exact opposite of... Whatever it is you were trying to accomplish.

E: By the way, the 150M of anom payout I was carrying for you had been nationalized. Thank you for your contribution to the glorious goose empire.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Spaceships: check
Lasers: check
Wallet stealing: check
J4G: check
Horrendous posts: check
Just as bad "apology" posts: check

Toilet Eve really does have it all

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Radio Free Kobold posted:

i can't believe you just did that

lmao same

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
stickying this thread for a while because it consistently rules

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

It's all the glory of 2007 eve but with the cultural moires of 2020 SA and I couldn't be happier.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
this is the second most fun i've ever had on the toilet

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

is it too late to get hit with one of the gooseflock tags because those own

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Kaysette posted:

this is the second most fun i've ever had on the toilet

what was the first

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

corgski posted:

It's all the glory of 2007 eve but with the cultural moires of 2020 SA and I couldn't be happier.

this, really. i'm having more fun here, harvesting more salt, getting more kills, than i've ever had in Eve Online. or any other MMO for that matter.
i think we're one of the only organizations in this game just handing out free spaceships and it makes the game such a carefree experience.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:allears:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

:justpost: is not always the answer it seems

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Speedrunning the goon EVE Online history from 2003-present for toilet EVE.

2020 is a wild loving ride let me tell you.

Ch4ot1cEv17
Sep 16, 2019

Reading all of this reminds me of an old facebook post I paraphrase here:
“Watching people argue on the internet is like watching monkeys at the zoo, you truly have no clue what’s going to happen next, but my money is on one of them shits in his hands and claps.”

The effect of this is someone fucks up, then does literally the most Inane, dumb, etc... thing ever just to bypass a 24 hour nap, and then fucks it up again... Just... Why? sigh...

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Given the sticky, I want to explain to the bystanders the clever tax evasion system that someone smarter than me (which I guess applies to most-but-not-quite-all folks in this thread) cooked up.

Unlike EO where markets are efficient due to low transaction costs (I think? I don't play EO, whatever), Echoes has really heavy taxes. For a brand new player who has just gone through the tutorials, their market sales are taxed at 22.4%! Insane.

There's a skill that reduces the tax called "Accounting" which you can max if you have dual-Omega, all three Cog chips, and spend ALL your skill points for about a month and a half. And this reduces your sales tax to a still-crippling 15%. So in almost all cases, buying and relisting is a fool's errand.

One way around this is with player-to-player Contracts. If I bypass the market and sell someone an item for isk, regardless of our skills, the isk just gets taxed at a flat 8%. But we can do better! For most fleet ops, we'll have dedicated looters, dedicated sales folks, and the Power of Spreadsheets to track a phantom currency called Golden Eggs. These eggs can be used to buy ships essentially at cost from our industrial powerhouse arm (for the handful of ships that aren't just free). And, soon, things other than ships. It's win-win-win (except for the thankless few who have to actually do the things).

Separately, HONK!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Nation of Thizzlam posted:

this game has been out for less than 2 months and look at the number of idiots that have already crawled out of the woodwork lmao

It's been a while since a thread has made me laugh this hard.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

CubicalSucrose posted:

Given the sticky, I want to explain to the bystanders the clever tax evasion system that someone smarter than me (which I guess applies to most-but-not-quite-all folks in this thread) cooked up.

Unlike EO where markets are efficient due to low transaction costs (I think? I don't play EO, whatever), Echoes has really heavy taxes. For a brand new player who has just gone through the tutorials, their market sales are taxed at 22.4%! Insane.

There's a skill that reduces the tax called "Accounting" which you can max if you have dual-Omega, all three Cog chips, and spend ALL your skill points for about a month and a half. And this reduces your sales tax to a still-crippling 15%. So in almost all cases, buying and relisting is a fool's errand.

One way around this is with player-to-player Contracts. If I bypass the market and sell someone an item for isk, regardless of our skills, the isk just gets taxed at a flat 8%. But we can do better! For most fleet ops, we'll have dedicated looters, dedicated sales folks, and the Power of Spreadsheets to track a phantom currency called Golden Eggs. These eggs can be used to buy ships essentially at cost from our industrial powerhouse arm (for the handful of ships that aren't just free). And, soon, things other than ships. It's win-win-win (except for the thankless few who have to actually do the things).

Separately, HONK!

this is a good explanation and somebody should put it near the OP

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
you know what, this game's looking as good if not better than PCEVE on the stupidity front

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

Radio Free Kobold posted:

this is a good explanation and somebody should put it near the OP

Not just the OP, discord too. This is the cleanest explanation i've seen so far

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

talking about furry dicks is the key to spawning deadspaces, confirmed

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

esto es malo posted:

talking about furry dicks is the key to spawning deadspaces, confirmed
Yep, can confirm.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012
This is STILL extremely entertaining to read on the toilet, thank you!

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

That was an insane amount of poo poo spawning after the op was "over." Deadspace -> one system over, scout AND inquis in the same system -> one system over, inquis -> another deadspace -> another inquis. We had to stop talking about furry dicks so they would stop spawning.

Haize
Jun 13, 2008

Munkeylord posted:

This is STILL extremely entertaining to read on the toilet, thank you!

Yes, even with deadspace bukkake toilet eve shitposting >>>> toilet eve

Ch4ot1cEv17
Sep 16, 2019

OniPanda posted:

That was an insane amount of poo poo spawning after the op was "over." Deadspace -> one system over, scout AND inquis in the same system -> one system over, inquis -> another deadspace -> another inquis. We had to stop talking about furry dicks so they would stop spawning.

If they kept spawning... Why did you stop!?!!? Bring on the furry dicks!

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Ch4ot1cEv17 posted:

If they kept spawning... Why did you stop!?!!? Bring on the furry dicks!

Cause it was 1am on the east coast, people gotta sleep eventually. Apparently the audit timer on this one is ridiculous, I don't want to know how long it'd be if we added another deadspace onto the pile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok well this made me laugh