Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Aw man, that shirt is the bessssstttt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Latest Sendai Girls show (August 29) debuts on IWTV tomorrow

https://independentwrestling.tv/news/new-sendai-girls-event-premieres-on-iwtv-this-tuesday

Lineup:

Six Man Tag Team Match
AKARI, Maria & Natsuho Kaneko vs. Honori Hana, Nanami & Yurika Oka

Singles Match
KAORU vs. Mei Hoshizuki

Singles Match
Sakura Hirota vs. Manami

Tag Team Match
DASH Chisako & Meiko Satomura vs. Chihiro Hashimoto & Yuu

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
That first match is actually for a spot in the second round of the 2020 Shy Horse Tournament: after Mei Suruga withdrew from the tournament because (outside of Akki apparently) Gatoh Move wrestlers aren't working outside dates at the moment. Its the six first round losers: AKARI is from Pure-J, Honori Hana from SEAdLINNNG, Nanami from Diana and Yurika Oka and Natsuho Kaneko from Sendai Girls.

Main event probably is really good as well: the show aired on Nico a few weeks ago and I never got to it so it'll be nice to have it in slightly higher quality on IWTV.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I made some solid decisions and ended up with my new favorite records (or at least their debut so far).

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Owns.

About the 5 Star, did Saya Iida burn one of Rossy's dumb hats? That is some hateful booking. Granted, all of Oedo Tai's recent booking has been garbage.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Utami beat Himeka to win the 5SGP.

Also, Bea Priestley returned and attacked Saya Iida. She then challenged Momo to a match for the vacant(??) SWA Title. No word on if Saya suffered a concussion or a broken leg or something.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Sadly, but unexpectedly, this means Jamie won't be coming back for a while.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/crushTKB/status/1307189966691213313?s=19

Iroha wants Mayu

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It’s kinda surprising that (5* GP) Giant Saya got any points at all, she’s got 3 singles wins in her entire career and she was a last minute replacement.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It didn't surprise me a huge amount because Tora had been racking up a bunch of DQ losses. I just assumed she'd choke her out with the chain for fun, not Bea showing up.

So not surprised overall, just in execution

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1307564227297566723?s=20

Interpromotional match!

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

If further evidence was needed that Marvelous is the best wrestling promotion then here it is:

https://twitter.com/crushTKB/status/1308332137276346369?s=20

Was the birthday of seven of the dojo dogs today (just to show how sad I am: Mac, Ash, Ren, Babe, Earth and Rye: was meant to spell "MARVEL" with the first letters of their name I think and they got close and also Mamapu as well who is special apparently) and so they decided to get some cake and have a party: and I have to respect people that find an excuse to buy three birthday cakes.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/abfd90d2fd9be70b0d7e53e43754957c99bafc79

Yoshiko calling out Mayu Iwatani in the article about her match with Sareee. I know they're both in Assemble but the possibility of Yoshiko directly working with Stardom again isn't something I expected to see

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

That'll really boil some western fan piss if it happens.

Was that match this morning, between Sareee and Yoshiko? Or was it yesterday?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm editing my photos from that match now and checking the time stamp it started almost exactly 24 hours ago.

It was really really good as you'd expect. There were a lot of Sareee fans in attendance.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/abfd90d2fd9be70b0d7e53e43754957c99bafc79

Yoshiko calling out Mayu Iwatani in the article about her match with Sareee. I know they're both in Assemble but the possibility of Yoshiko directly working with Stardom again isn't something I expected to see

that would own but i'm not holding my breath. it was pointed out to me by a friend who covers stardom that her tiktok fame might be the sort of thing that would catch bushiroad's eye tho

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

I suspect it'd not be mentioned unless discussions were happening: its not like Yoshiko is out there always challenging randoms.

Would be a very good match but I don't expect it unless I see something that makes me change my mind.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1309439039926235136

The only STARDOM match announcement they disabled replies to was Bea's

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Which seems odd since they didn't mute the one for the SWA title match.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1309699964226818048?s=19

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1309736385436291072

This sucks. Poor Hoshino.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Act Yasukawa seems to be running a new Actwres girl'Z sub-brand called Action Ring girl'Z

https://twitter.com/yasukawaactyuka/status/1309853132877230083?s=19

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

I was wondering if it was AWG related: I vaguely remember seeing stuff about her doing something and then the logo there is the AWG logo with an R instead which seemed weird if there wasn't a connection.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Good news: TCS lives thanks to another stupid Natsuko DQ!

Bad news: Sonny the guy who runs the English Stardom account, is infuriating Western Stardom fans by blocking replies to tweets that mention Bea Priestley and implying that people calling her out for being a bully and help covering for a rape apologist is like what happened with Hana

Nut Bunnies fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 28, 2020

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What does SNS mean?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ganso Bomb posted:

What does SNS mean?

It's what they call social media in Japan

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's one of those things where an english term is used but it's not actually used when talking in english. it stands for social networking service. i don't want to call it a pseudo-anglicism because it's technically correct either way

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 28, 2020

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gotcha, thanks!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Cavauro posted:

it's one of those things where an english term is used but it's not actually used when talking in english. it stands for social networking service. i don't want to call it a pseudo-anglicism because it's technically correct either way

Wasei-eigo is the term used in Japanese for this.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1311180351755096064?s=19

Yet another TJPW wrestler leaving

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I wonder if that's a coincidence.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Neodoomium posted:

I wonder if that's a coincidence.
I don't think it's malicious, TJPW seems to want to rebuild with their own home-grown talent/trainees. Seems to be no bad blood between Manase since she's still been doing DDT and DDT-adjacent bookings while trying Stardom too.

Yamashita bowed out of being the Ace of TJPW to work with the TJPW-grown rookies too, so I think they're just trying to soft-reboot

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

That makes sense but I also think they're going to put the PoP on Mizuki next month. Or at least it wouldn't surprise me.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Her leg drop was sick as hell, I'll miss it.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

drat, TJPW really clearing house.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

I don't think it's malicious, TJPW seems to want to rebuild with their own home-grown talent/trainees. Seems to be no bad blood between Manase since she's still been doing DDT and DDT-adjacent bookings while trying Stardom too.

Yamashita bowed out of being the Ace of TJPW to work with the TJPW-grown rookies too, so I think they're just trying to soft-reboot

Unagi was one of their rookies though (debuted January 2019, lots of people thought that she was their future) so from that perspective this makes very little sense.

The talk about the Natsumi Maki and Mina Shirakawa stuff was that there might be a bit of cost cutting: its not exactly a secret that NOAH wasn't profitable before the Cyberagent purchase and while the Cyberfight deal was them rationalising the office jobs (and probably cutting some staff, lets be honest) it may well be that the pandemic has led to them to be like "look if anyone wants to leave we wouldn't have a problem with it" or simply to just not renew some contracts.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Voices of Wrestling have a good preview up of the Pro Wrestling ASSEMBLE show that airs tomorrow

It's on PPV if you want to drop 2000 Yen on it

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

the site they are using is very easy to use: Sendai Girls used it for some shows earlier in the month and the process of buying them and watching them was as simple as it could be.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Kamiyu broke a finger so Pom has stepped in as Mahiro's partner against Yuki/Nodoka

I imagine Kamiyu will still be present acting the fool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Sorry if I just overlooked this piece of information but is it known how long it will be available if I buy it?